PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Ouasafane

Beckenham Boy
17-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Anthony Ouasafane is in the team to play Chelsea today. On wiki it says he is an Algerian under 23 international defender who players for Angers in the French league 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Ouasfane

tjmill
17-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Left back today was on a par with david amselem! Truely awful. Couldn't mark and technically poor and ungamely running style. Def send him home! Rather scout league 1 or 2 for an upcoming left back. Italian midfielder however def worth 2nd look as very impressive style.

No.16
17-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Disagree thought he was ok whereas the Italian was past it, much prefer bridcutt over him. Actually thought no 6 was the most assured trialist

tjmill
17-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Plus point was Barrett. Was a clint hill type player. Really strong in the tackle and a leader at the back. Think we need a left back then a pacy striker still tho.

brooklynlou
17-07-2010, 04:45 PM
He's a center back that played as a left back. Considering the players he was up against, he did ok. Worth another look and I'd like to see him play alongside Paddy in the center.

dannyboy1807
17-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Thought the left back played very well tried to get forward defended well I liked him.

cpfcben
17-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Thought he was terrible. Gave his man acres of room. He was also terrible offensively. Please don't sign him.

Barrett on the other hand was excellent. Clint hill mark 2.

budgie
17-07-2010, 04:57 PM
He's a center back that played as a left back. Considering the players he was up against, he did ok. Worth another look and I'd like to see him play alongside Paddy in the center.

Thats exactly how I saw it, didn't look overly comfortable as a left back, but I did wonder whether centre back was his natural position. I would imagine at the moment Clyne and Wright are looking like our full backs, with Clyne again switching to left back.

tjmill
17-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Couldn't mark and they saw that and targetted him! Keep look for a left back I hope. No need to panick sign!

eagle mart
17-07-2010, 05:08 PM
It's a friendly, am sure Burley will knows what to see in a player. Calvin Andrew never looks likely to score a goal, but he's just earned a three year contract, so there must be something there.

tjmill
17-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Zaha and cadogan looked lively! Morgan not upto this level.

Skiddo
17-07-2010, 05:12 PM
If he was the number 3, then he was awful.

Couldn't mark, fell over in the first half tryna trap a ball dead, looked like it was his first game of football that he'd ever played.

rhynoeagle
17-07-2010, 05:31 PM
If he was the number 3, then he was awful.

Couldn't mark, fell over in the first half tryna trap a ball dead, looked like it was his first game of football that he'd ever played.

He has only ever played 9 games of professional football. He looked out of place at LB but i think at CB he'd be very good. I dont see why we shouldnt get him if we can get him for free.

Q2thaZ
17-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Bearing in mind it was he first game in English football .....

Was nice to see a left footed player in a Palace team that tried to play pass & move football rather than the age old Hit & Hoof!

Passing, tacking & movement looked ok, tried to offer support moving forward. Postioning will come in time I think.

Was a big ask to expect him to look outstanding on a first appearance against any Chelsea team.

nottsunieagle
17-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I think he looked okay. Deffo worth another look. The Italian seemed well past his best, but the slovenian looked assured, as did bridcutt.

kolinkins
17-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Lots of harshness here. Thought he was fine and defo worth another look.

BulletEagle
17-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Not harsh, he was shit. Bad first touch, couldn't attack, couldn't really tackle - granted he didn't have much tackling to do - gave his man acres and looked lost.

Kaberle15
17-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Plus point was Barrett. Was a clint hill type player.

Oh God, please no more Clint Hills. I want FOOTBALLERS.

Jon_C-Pal
17-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Thought for a young player thats only started a handful of games he looked good. Hes only 21, loads of time to get better. Left footed which is a plus, just needs to work on positioning and get a bit more confident on the ball.

leeeooooh2
17-07-2010, 06:40 PM

I think he meant Hill commitment rather than Hill Skill!

I thought th left back looked ok! people next to me slagging him off, I thought they would be on their own....untill I read this thread!!

Mad Raschic Ken
17-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Weird how opinion is so divided on this bloke. I have to say I thought he waqs terrible. He did look like he wanted to play in the middle and, as a result, was constantly caught out of position. Barrett saved him on two or three occasions.

Kirby
17-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Bearing in mind it was he first game in English football .....

Was nice to see a left footed player in a Palace team that tried to play pass & move football rather than the age old Hit & Hoof!

Passing, tacking & movement looked ok, tried to offer support moving forward. Postioning will come in time I think.

Was a big ask to expect him to look outstanding on a first appearance against any Chelsea team.

Was exactly how I saw it :p

917L
17-07-2010, 09:21 PM
1st game in English fpootball, against good opposition, alongside players he doesnt know

He has also on ever played 9 professional games of football

No he wasnt the standout newboy or triallist, but he wasnt Amir Karic either

Jason
17-07-2010, 09:39 PM

But at this level, every team needs a couple of "Clint Hills". The nature of the Chamoionshp is that a team composed entirely of cultured ball players will (unless they're all far too good for this level) get knocked off the park.

Most of the players that we have signed have been perhaps of the more cultured types, while many of those we have lost have been the types who add the grit to the side. Barrett appears to be someone who addresses that balance, and looked surprisingly good today given his history so far

elgin eagle
17-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Well he wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great either. He wouldn't be up against Sturridge every week though. He certainly has height in his favour.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2010, 10:01 PM
He has a great name :D

Anthony Who-has-a-fanny...

Oisin
18-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Looked like a centre back playing at full back and it tuned out he was

gold76
18-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Remy
Bruno
Ousafane
& poor Stephen Jordan (hit by a truck)

We're having problems filling left back.

Maybe Clyne will start there (on his return) with Wright at right back.

7lombardo
18-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Awful worse than that left back who loaned and sent back after one game from Ipswich name escapes me now

gold76
18-07-2010, 07:56 AM
^

Karic

suits_you
18-07-2010, 07:57 AM
He's algerian, i'm half algerian, sign him up. :D

But, he didn't look amazing, but as people have said, he is young and new to English football and to the team, half of which are new to each other!

BulletEagle
18-07-2010, 08:02 AM
He's algerian, i'm half algerian, sign him up. :D

But, he didn't look amazing, but as people have said, he is young and new to English football and to the team, half of which are new to each other!
He was born in Marseille.

7lombardo
18-07-2010, 08:04 AM
So?

suits_you
18-07-2010, 08:09 AM

I was born in London, what's your point?

philsick
18-07-2010, 09:02 AM

^ This.
You can be strong and committed AND play football.

eagleforlife
18-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I was born in London, what's your point?

You said he's Algerian and you're half Algerian whereas you're both half Algerian.

rhynoeagle
18-07-2010, 09:10 AM
You said he's Algerian and you're half Algerian whereas you're both half Algerian.

Both his parents are algerian so therfore hes 100% algerian :p

rhynoeagle
18-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Also i think he has alot of potential, i think he good enough to sit on the bench untill he gells into an english style footballer, or at least someone who understands the league etc.

Hes only 21 ? And if hes on a free i dont see why not.

kettle
18-07-2010, 11:13 AM
as a left back, he didn't look great. Offers height, and is left footed. As cover at centre half, he would be worth keeping. As a regular left back no thanks.

cpfc_tommy12
18-07-2010, 11:22 AM
He did whip in an absolute brilliant cross in the second half though.

andy m
18-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Both his parents are algerian so therfore hes 100% algerian :p

And yet the fact that he's actually French is what will allow us to sign him without any issues.

Danny boy
18-07-2010, 11:40 AM
He didn't have the best of game, but you can't really judge him on 1 game. also the fact Chelsea had good players and not like he's going to be facing players like that week in week out

elgin eagle
18-07-2010, 12:06 PM
In fact he reminded me of Fonte when he made his debut for us against Preston at left back. With his young age perhaps he will develop as a left back, but he looked like more like a centre half to me, especially with his height. You would swap him and Barrett round if you didn't know better. He's one of the smallest centre backs around :)

Celestial Empire
18-07-2010, 12:19 PM
But can he head ?

rhynoeagle
18-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I still think it'll be worth signing him up.

elgin eagle
18-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Not sure, I reckon he could learn though. I hope we sign him, we desperately need some left sided players and he looks like he might be able to fill in at cb or even left midfield at a push. He looked comfortable enough passing the ball about, like a few of them.

BulletEagle
18-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Link (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6268881,00.html?)

Algerian hopes for Palace deal

Crystal Palace trialist Anthony Ouasfane is keen to impress and earn a contract at the Championship club.

The 21-year-old defender is currently training with the Eagles and has the opportunity to secure a full-time deal at Selhurst Park.

The Algerian played against Chelsea in a pre-season game on Saturday and was pleased with the team's performance.

He is pleased current club Angers SCO allowed him the chance to go on trial and hopes he impresses the coaching staff.

"I am very happy to come here, and I hope to win a contract with Palace," he said.

"I always wanted to play in England and in London, I am settling in and I think the team did well against Chelsea and we hope (if I am still with the club) to get a good season and see if we can challenge for the Premier League.

"Angers gave me an opportunity to impress here and I hope to do just that."

BulletEagle
18-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Another question. Why on earth was he not going up for corners?

herts_palace
18-07-2010, 05:36 PM
To me it looked like he was nervous but had potential. I thought he got better as the match went on. worth a further look and a potential signing if he comes relatively cheaply and can play as a Centre Back.

jams1234
18-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I think he did look at bit nervous, and clearly had a bit of difficulty with the language, but he looked promising. He's young, isn't he? Would like a further look.

BulletEagle
18-07-2010, 06:31 PM
What happened to Remy and Bruno? Both left I presume?

jimos_uk
18-07-2010, 06:36 PM

Crystal Palace trialist Anthony Ouasfane is keen to impress and earn a contract at the Championship club.

The 21-year-old defender is currently training with the Eagles and has the opportunity to secure a full-time deal at Selhurst Park.

The Algerian played against Chelsea in a pre-season game on Saturday and was pleased with the team's performance.

He is pleased current club Angers SCO allowed him the chance to go on trial and hopes he impresses the coaching staff.

"I am very happy to come here, and I hope to win a contract with Palace," he said.

"I always wanted to play in England and in London, I am settling in and I think the team did well against Chelsea and we hope (if I am still with the club) to get a good season and see if we can challenge for the Premier League.

In this Brave New World, I want players who want to play for Palace. Thought he looked alright, but at 21, playing against Chelsea, you can forgive him a few nerves.

If cheap, given Lee Hills is out for the foreseeable, I think he has the potential to be worth a contract.

But more than that, I'm ever so impressed that we, moments from simply not existing, have the kind of network in place to put triallists like the three we had on the pitch in the position to earn a contract. Little bit exciting.

917L
18-07-2010, 06:38 PM
, and clearly had a bit of difficulty with the language,

How do you know that?

GodstoneEagle
18-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Well it's a fair assumption.

jams1234
18-07-2010, 06:47 PM
How do you know that?
Barrett constantly having to scream at him telling him where to go. At one point, at a Chelsea corner Barrett called him over, told him to mark a player and Ousafane marked the one Barrett was marking, until Barrett pointed at the player he meant.

maxpower
18-07-2010, 06:54 PM
My dad met him before the game and said hello who are you? and he said me speak no english as they all say

jams1234
18-07-2010, 06:55 PM
My dad met him before the game and said hello who are you? and he said me speak no english as they all say
How do you know that?

:o

unsensibleLiam
18-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I thought he played very well, I will be very happy if we sign him. Much better than Remy or Bruno.

917L
18-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Well it's a fair assumption.

No, its not at all, its merely an an assumption masquerading as a fact

It doesnt mean it isnt true, but unless you have more than Barrett having to shout at him a few times....

jams1234
18-07-2010, 07:11 PM
No, its not at all
I've already outlined why I thought that, and maxpower has confirmed he has language difficulties.

Now please explain how it is not fair?

sweatyeagles69
18-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I thought in the second half Palace played better, also liked the look of the no.7. Not sure who he is. Got down on the right wing on a few occasions. Think we have to give the trialists a couple more games and then for the management team to decide.

jams1234
18-07-2010, 07:50 PM
No.7 was Neil Danns.

james powell
18-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I thought he played very well, I will be very happy if we sign him. Much better than Remy or Bruno.
This.

PalaceSince2004
18-07-2010, 08:25 PM
"joining Marseille at such a young age scared him a little"

quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Ouasfane

Says it all about his competiveness

Celestial Empire
18-07-2010, 08:34 PM
"joining Marseille at such a young age scared him a little"

quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Ouasfane

Says it all about his competiveness

What do you think it says ?

zonin2000
18-07-2010, 08:52 PM
No.7 was Neil Danns.
:)

hamge
18-07-2010, 08:56 PM

WHO?

the kooch
18-07-2010, 09:04 PM

"Angers gave me an opportunity to impress here and I hope to do
just that."

Gooders
18-07-2010, 09:04 PM
It's a place (and a team) in France.

Clapham Grand
18-07-2010, 09:16 PM
If he was the LB yesterday he was very poor - awful positioning

917L
19-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Burley said he was impressed with him and wants another look at Exeter

rhynoeagle
19-07-2010, 09:30 AM
WHO?

His club.

No.16
19-07-2010, 11:49 AM
I liked what I saw, a lot of people are bemoaning the positional side of his game but I dare say he probably doesn't speak very good English yet and wasn't used to the new formation Burley is experimenting with. I think he had good raw attributes and didn't appear to get flustered by the talented Chelsea wingers and full back...also a tall lad so I assume he could double up as central defensive cover should Paddy and Claude suffer their regular niggles. I liked him.

rhynoeagle
19-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I liked what I saw, a lot of people are bemoaning the positional side of his game but I dare say he probably doesn't speak very good English yet and wasn't used to the new formation Burley is experimenting with. I think he had good raw attributes and didn't appear to get flustered by the talented Chelsea wingers and full back...also a tall lad so I assume he could double up as central defensive cover should Paddy and Claude suffer their regular niggles. I liked him.

Im certain George Burley did too. I think out of the trialists he will be the most likely to come.

Mad Raschic Ken
19-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I think out of the trialists he will be the most likely to come.

On the basis that he was the least impressive you are probably right.

No.16
19-07-2010, 03:54 PM
On the basis that he was the least impressive you are probably right.

Did I miss something on Saturday? Was he run ragged and physically intimidated? Was he beaten by his man every time? Did he give the ball away all afternoon?

Craig Harrison he is not! Didn't see Crawley or Sutton so can't compare him to the other trialists but the lad didn't too bad against the youngsters collected from all around the globe

Beckenham Boy
19-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Who's a fan of this bloke then? :bash:

dannyboy1807
19-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I think I was the only one who thought he did ok.

Beckenham Boy
19-07-2010, 04:02 PM
whoosh

rhynoeagle
19-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Who's a fan of this bloke then? :bash:

I got it, but it was meh.

rhynoeagle
19-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I think I was the only one who thought he did ok.

And i thought he was alright too

Mad Raschic Ken
19-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Did I miss something on Saturday? Was he run ragged and physically intimidated? Was he beaten by his man every time? Did he give the ball away all afternoon?

Craig Harrison he is not! Didn't see Crawley or Sutton so can't compare him to the other trialists but the lad didn't too bad against the youngsters collected from all around the globe

I just thought his positional sense was really poor. The ball was played over his head a few times when he'd come too far inside and twice he was rescued by Barrett. Others have suggested that he's normally a central defender and I thought he looked like he wanted to play in the middle. He was regularly AWOL when Chelsea got the ball wide. On the ball I didn't think he was too bad once he settled down and he generally had a better second half.

Q2thaZ
19-07-2010, 10:23 PM
For those complaining about his positional sense ...

I was sitting in Block J of the Holmesdale which meant I spent 45 minutes sitting behind him.

Chelsea's formation was setup well in the sense that the forward line was quite narrow, meaning that our defensive line became narrower. Then when Bruma pushed forward to support there was width for him to play with. Harsh to say he's rubbish because of that.

Also when Bruma was in place to pick up these balls he was standing on the touchline almost off of the pitch, if Ouasafane had gone wide to defend against him he would've left a giant hole inside.

Ouasafane was exposed by Dorman not covering back rather than being positionally bad

:)

palace nutter
20-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Cant believe people can comment that much on a player's positioning ability IMO. Have you ever played left back against Chelsea, i think not. How much do you know about technical positioning at professional level, little i pressume. Yes we all think we know it all down the pub, but surely not to this extent.

If he's good enough GB will sign him and he can only get better- don't judge him on one performance!

sweatyeagles69
25-07-2010, 02:27 PM
No.7 was Neil Danns. It was said tongue in cheek Pal...

ben123
25-07-2010, 04:39 PM
made mistakes but is young(20 i thnk) which means he has time on his side and has the ability to be a good player.

jobiinthelastmi
25-07-2010, 06:28 PM
He can't be much worse than Borrowdale was when he first came into the team. He was ok-ish in the end for us.

Give him a chance maybe?

rhynoeagle
25-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I keep on writing on thise thread about this guy, i hope if he comes to Palace he proves alot of people wrong, i think its a no-brainer to sign him up on a free. Hes young, quick and very tall which is great for a Defender. Im sure GB has seen something in him and if he has i think its what is best for the club.

Were only judging him on 90 minutes of football i know so we'll see. We need a larger squad to offer some stability.