PDA

View Full Version : Time Zones & TV Coverage Thread

Ash
24-03-2002, 06:50 AM
Any info on TV coverage in New Zealand and/or recommendations on a suitable hostelry in Christchurch for me to spend the duration gratefully received :)

NZsparky
24-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Don't understand the TV coverage bit? TV coverage of what? the only football we get is the Premier league:sob:
There are tons of good cheap backpackers and motels easy to find, if you let me know what you want and when I'll see what I can do.
I would have happily put you up but sadly my house seems to have bloody well filled up at the moment.
PM me with your travel details and I'll do my best to be more helpful.

NZsparky
24-03-2002, 10:49 AM
Sorry Ash I didn't read the thread title:moo:
Sky has all the games live. TV3 has about half the games.
The Holy grail, near the main square has a cinema size screen and should be a good place to go.
Loads of the city centre bars have big screens.
I think also the "Strip"(one road just bars) will probalby have a large outdoor screen up.
The Carlton in Papanui Rd (my local) has a large screen.
Staying here at that time of year will be easy and dirt cheap as the winter mostly only atracts skiers.

Ash
26-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Quality.

Cheers :)

PeterH
26-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Just dont arrange to meet Sparky (Simon) out there he will get you into all sorts of trouble.

I loved Christchurch, solid craic. Plastic Paddy bars serve good Guinness and the local brews are much better than that Aussie sh1te.

Never managed to email Holly Simon, nice lass, perhaps I can let you move in there. Send her my regards.

:p

I will be back.

Flappy Chicken
26-03-2002, 05:28 PM
TV1.co.nz TV2.co.nz TV3.co.nz

Theres a pattern forming here :D

lost eagle
27-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Any body know if there is an English Bar in Istanbul I will be there for the England Nigera game. Yes I know its a bit of stupid place to be but my girlfriends turkish and I speak turkish.

jlmatthews
28-03-2002, 06:05 PM
Here is the schedule for the US

http://espn.go.com/soccer/wctvschedule.html