PDA

View Full Version : dean morgan

cpfcno1
18-07-2010, 11:58 AM
what did everyone think about dean Morgan performance against Chelsea yesterday? we desperately need some pace on the wings or upfront.

kellysangel
18-07-2010, 12:03 PM
i thought he done ok when came on had some nice touches think he will get better as games go on

Woosie
18-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Didn't even notice him, made no impact.

cpfcno1
18-07-2010, 12:05 PM
did he provide any pace to the team ? were did he play

BulletEagle
18-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I didn't know he had come on. Guess that says something.

ChristalPalace
18-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Dreadful. I hope Burley steers well clear of signing him.

herts_palace
18-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Difficult to say on 1 performance, but I was more impressed by 3 other trailists.

jams1234
18-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Pacy, and that can cause a lot of problems in this division. I didn't see a lot else, but considering we need a pacy striker, I would take him.

917L
18-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Pacy, and that can cause a lot of problems in this division. I didn't see a lot else, but considering we need a pacy striker, I would take him.

What because he's 'pacy'?

Wayne Andrews was pacey, and very little else, but I dsont think we should sign him or anyone that limited

Morgan looked quick and got into good positions, but there was no end product at all

Kai
18-07-2010, 06:14 PM
His touch was awful.

girlyeagle
18-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Didnt really notice him much...the others stood out more

jams1234
18-07-2010, 06:20 PM
What because he's 'pacy'?

Wayne Andrews was pacey, and very little else, but I dsont think we should sign him or anyone that limited

Morgan looked quick and got into good positions, but there was no end product at all
Yes, because you can't judge it all on one game. And the only strikers we have at the moment are Lee, Andrew, Zaha and Scannell. Morgan is already better than 2 of them, one of which is probably not even viewed as a striker by Burley.

unsensibleLiam
18-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Anonymous, vs both Chelsea and Crawley.

TOOPM
18-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Can't remember him doing anything truly awful, having terrible touch is normal for most championship teams anyway. But although we seemed to do quite a few good things in the second half, I don't recall too much of it going through him. I was more impressed by the link up play between Zaha and Andrew.

Pistol Knight
18-07-2010, 06:26 PM
he played wide left if i'm right? he looked ok, he didnt get a lot of the ball, but at least he tried taking ppl on, looked worth a gamble to me

cpfc4evandeva
18-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I thought he was quite rubbish.

doodledandy
18-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm amazed by the level of cynical criticism of trialist and other players on these threads by those who think they can do a better job than George Burley. It's pretty pathetic to criticise trialist's brought in by George Burley for evaluation and I'm certain he will judge their potential, work ethic and ability over more than half a game, simply because he's a true professional (thank goodness).

As if any of us has the ability to judge a trialist player during a few minutes on the field, among a squad strangers they have never played with before, is absolutely pathetic and the reason why none of us are professional coaches/managers and George Burley is - and a successful one at that!

I know who's opinion I value and will rely upon.

Celestial Empire
18-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm amazed by the level of cynical criticism of trialist and other players on these threads by those who think they can do a better job than George Burley. It's pretty pathetic to criticise trialist's brought in by George Burley for evaluation and I'm certain he will judge their potential, work ethic and ability over more than half a game, simply because he's a true professional (thank goodness).

As if any of us has the ability to judge a trialist player during a few minutes on the field, among a squad strangers they have never played with before, is absolutely pathetic and the reason why none of us are professional coaches/managers and George Burley is - and a successful one at that!

I know who's opinion I value and will rely upon.

Well, bully for you.
It's a bulletin board and people are giving their opinions (as invited by the thread originator).
Are you going for nit-wit of the year ?:D

917L
18-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes, because you can't judge it all on one game. And the only strikers we have at the moment are Lee, Andrew, Zaha and Scannell. Morgan is already better than 2 of them, one of which is probably not even viewed as a striker by Burley.

In what way is he better than any of our current players?

Bar being quite fast that is

Who knows, he might be fantastic, but based on yesterdays performance he isnt

Super-Ste-Cious
18-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Didnt rate. Have always thought he flattered to decieve. No go for me.

Pennyfather
18-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't touch this fella with a barge pole. Poor player whose level is way below the championship. In both games so far he's shown poor first touch & no composure whatsoever even though occasionally getting into good positions.