PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Madden

exiledeagle1
18-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Paddy Madden plays for Bohemians in Dublin.

He turned 20 last March and is one of the hottest prospects in Ireland at the moment.

He's a very solidly built centre-forward with a great eye for goal. Seen him play for the first time last year when on loan at fellow Dublin club Shelbourne. He stood out to me like Alan Shearer did when I first saw him play at Selhurst when playing with Southampton.
Paddy can lead the line on his own, has a very good football brain and can hold it up for support play. He is well worth a look.

Bohs are playing TNS in the Europa League in Wales on Fri 23rd July

Brod
18-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Sounds interesting. What sort of standard are Bohemians?

Would it be a big leap e.g. like from non-league?

cockles
18-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Sounds interesting. What sort of standard are Bohemians?

Would it be a big leap e.g. like from non-league?

No, I think is better. Tons of players have made the leap from that league to championship level.

exiledeagle1
18-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Bohs would be one of the top clubs in Ireland and all the players are full time pros. The standard would be Championship/top of League 1 level.
Wes Hoolihan at Norwich left the LOI about 4 years ago.

http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/paddy-madden-interview.html

He would cost a fee but the Bohs would see him as being put in the shop window so would be looking for the big payday on a sellon clause. This is quite normal by Irish clubs

brooklynlou
18-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Question - how much would he go for? Last time we were linked with some Irish players a few years back, our valuation of them and their teams valuation was at opposite ends.

Woosie
18-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Didn't Kevin Doyle come from an Irish team? Cork City I think? I would have thought that if the guy is good enough then he will be able to make up the difference in the standard of football betwen the Irish league and the championship. Not that the gap is that big.

ChristalPalace
18-07-2010, 04:49 PM
If there is a good player in the League of Ireland then Roy Keane will sign him for Ipswich within a matter of days.

CPFC_DAVE77
18-07-2010, 05:52 PM
They also signed Dave Mooney and Shane Long from Ireland.

Seaside Eagle
18-07-2010, 06:12 PM
If there is a good player in the League of Ireland then Roy Keane will sign him for Ipswich within a matter of days.

And a matter of days later; he'll release them.

winston the dog
18-07-2010, 06:28 PM
are we in for him or is this just a pipe dream?

Woosie
18-07-2010, 07:14 PM
are we in for him or is this just a pipe dream?

It's just a suggestion from the OP. Can't see us going near this guy though tbh.

Billy Rhino
12-03-2013, 10:42 PM
19th goal this season for Yeovil tonight.

Must be worth a look, even just for his name?

Kirby
12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Great shout by the OP.

On fire for Yeovil at the moment.

Probably not good enough for us at the moment but could be one to keep an eye on.

tasty_snacks
13-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Not sure I want to start stockpiling lower league strikers TBH. We've got Kwesi, let's give him a chance first.

But yes, great call OP.

Gazza2
13-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Are we not confusing him with Paddy Mulligan?

Billy Rhino
14-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Not sure I want to start stockpiling lower league strikers TBH. We've got Kwesi, let's give him a chance first.

But yes, great call OP.
Stockpiling, seriously?? Ironically Appiah went to Yeovil and didn't get a look in due to this chap, meaning he is obviously better.

I hate all the lower league snobbery, the same was being said about Murray last season. Maybe we should sign "proven" strikers like Kuqi, Macken or Akinibiyi for a lot of money? (with no potential sell on fee either due to their age):hmph:

orp pisshead1
14-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Stockpiling, seriously?? Ironically Appiah went to Yeovil and didn't get a look in due to this chap, meaning he is obviously better.

I hate all the lower league snobbery, the same was being said about Murray last season. Maybe we should sign "proven" strikers like Kuqi, Macken or Akinibiyi for a lot of money? (with no potential sell on fee either due to their age):hmph:

Spot on mate, get rid of Easter in summer and hopefully buy this lad, want appiah to succeed but don't think he will at SP .

cockles
12-05-2013, 06:00 PM
bump & MERGE please