PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth Players

garner
26-03-2002, 08:10 AM
I saw Lee Bradbury tonight in Portsmouth, he is a vey nice guy, also saw Linvoy Primas, Kevin Harper and Scott Hiley. Is there any Pompey players you would like at palace?

I love Prosenecki

MG

monkey
26-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Certainly not Bradbury!:sob:

BUNGLE
26-03-2002, 02:12 PM
Shaun Derry

Daddy Long
26-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Yeah that young midfilder, whats his name....O'Neil?

foubert
26-03-2002, 03:46 PM
am sure gary o'neil was at palace as a youth,
he lived in bromley and represented bromley schools
district and kent schools.

Benzhiyi
26-03-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by foubert
am sure gary o'neil was at palace as a youth,
he lived in bromley and represented bromley schools
district and kent schools.

Two players in my football team (Copers Cope FC, near Beckenham) are good mates with Gary O'Neil, and they were all part of West Ham youth. O'Neil went from there (and via Bromley schools, you are correct!) to Pompey, while one of those two I mentioned recently left us as he is now in Bromley Town first team. The other was recently released by the same side.

sunshine lucas
26-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Bradbury wasn't as bad as people make out for us.
My personal favourite moment was when he laid out Keith Curle with a fab punch v Wolves (and unfortunately got sent off). I hate Curle. :o

It wasn't me!
26-03-2002, 06:26 PM
I reckon Courtney Pitt, he is one to watch.

Latvian Eagle
26-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by sunshine lucas
Bradbury wasn't as bad as people make out for us.
My personal favourite moment was when he laid out Keith Curle with a fab punch v Wolves (and unfortunately got sent off). I hate Curle. :o He did deserve it though as he ripped Lee's shirt in half. Dirty thieving B*stard

foubert
26-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

Two players in my football team (Copers Cope FC, near Beckenham) are good mates with Gary O'Neil, and they were all part of West Ham youth. O'Neil went from there (and via Bromley schools, you are correct!) to Pompey, while one of those two I mentioned recently left us as he is now in Bromley Town first team. The other was recently released by the same side.

then they must be SP & RP at a guess?

Benzhiyi
26-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by foubert

then they must be SP & RP at a guess?

The second is correct - Russell Piper. First one (who recently left us) is called Ted Ansell. Do you know them?

foubert
26-03-2002, 08:47 PM
know them both from way back.

russell was in the bromley district team, ted was a year older.

Jimbo ?
27-03-2002, 01:42 AM
Peter Crouch

ok i'm going, Im going..........

glaziers fan
27-03-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
Peter Crouch

ok i'm going, Im going..........

Yeah, I agree. he will definitely be the best target man in the country. He will play for the full England side. He's clever, skillful and a goalscorer as well as being gd in the air!

Prosinecki is EXACTLY the kind of player we need

What?
27-03-2002, 03:53 AM
When fit i liked Burchill. But they were crap when we played them the second time!

hughff
27-03-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan

Yeah, I agree. he will definitely be the best target man in the country. He will play for the full England side. He's clever, skillful and a goalscorer as well as being gd in the air!

God, no.

Prosinecki is EXACTLY the kind of player we need [/QUOTE]

God, yes.

WorthingEagle
27-03-2002, 04:48 AM
Crouch is suprisingly skillful for such a tall bloke.

Kevin Harper's always impressed me, bit like Julian Gray, not as skillful but quicker and a better crosser.

And Shaun Derry did look fairly good against us, certainly better on the ball than Aki. Quashie also showed why he was tipped to do great things with a particularly neat Zidane-esque turn.

Add Prosinecki, Pitt, Burchill to that and I think Rix can't have too many complaints about getting sacked.

Tapps
27-03-2002, 07:21 PM
from teamtalk (not the most reliable but intresting)

"Aston Villa will have talks with Peter Crouch today in a bid to seal his 6million move, and also hope Thomas Hitzlsperger will sign a new deal.
Villa agreed an initial fee of 3million - which could rise to 6million on a goals and appearance-related basis - with Portsmouth for the 6ft 7ins beanpole striker earlier this week. "

i herd reports of 3 mil which is alot IMHO but 6!!! i think ade will be a snip at 2.4 if crouch os worth 6. ade will come good crouch is not 6 mill quality.

What is morisson worth????? at this rate

Merton Eagle
27-03-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Tapps
What is morisson worth????? at this rate 36 (thirty-six) million

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Think alot of people are underating Crouch, looks like a very good player to me..........and has scored alot of goals in his first full season.

Jimbo ?
28-03-2002, 02:56 AM
crouch is not worth that much but lets hope if clint does go then we get more than 6 for him!!!!

Del Gland
28-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Blimey! What a week for Peter Crouch. First he gets set up for life with a multi millon pound transfer and then George Michael records a song for him!!

Ready everyone...1...2...3...F-R-E-E-E-K!!

Walrus
28-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan

Don't bet against it. Despite his height, he's pretty good with the ball at his feet. Graham Taylor is a shrewd judge of talent when it comes to target-man forwards and I'm sure he wouldn't have flashed 5 million of deadly doug's money if Crouch didn't have what it takes.