PDA

View Full Version : Keane misfortune - Morrisons good fortune

Dave
03-04-2002, 04:05 AM
With Keane out does that mean Duff will play in midfield with Clinton starting every match with Keane junior?

Jimbo ?
03-04-2002, 04:16 AM
If this is the case it would be good for clint but Roy Keane will be back for the WC - I hope anyway!!!

The Omen
03-04-2002, 06:40 PM
Keane is only out for 4 weeks.

Oisin
03-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
Keane is only out for 4 weeks.

I hope so

pete eagle
06-04-2002, 11:49 PM
why, does Roy Keane play left midfield then:rolleyes:

Benzhiyi
07-04-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Dave
With Keane out does that mean Duff will play in midfield with Clinton starting every match with Keane junior?

Would imagine Keane will be replaced by Kinsella or Holland if he does miss out - can't see Duff as a holding midfielder, sorry Dave!

That said, I think Clinton will start on merit after his performance against Denmark, but that depends on Niall Quinn's form in the last couple of games this season, and the pre WC friendlies.

Dave
07-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Would imagine Keane will be replaced by Kinsella or Holland if he does miss out - can't see Duff as a holding midfielder, sorry Dave!

Kinsella won't be going to Japan; anyways the point was that we (Ireland) have Clinton, Sadlier, Keane, Quinn as first choice forwards but less scope with midfielders.

JohnA
07-04-2002, 05:28 AM
Today's Irish Times has Sadlier missing the World Cup - he requires a hip op. Carr also missing it through a knee injury. However, Keane is expected back in 4-6 weeks. Mark Kennedy is also expected to be back.

In answer to your question Dave - Clinton is certainly going to be at least on the bench. Mick McCarthy rates him.

Steve in Phoenix
07-04-2002, 06:16 AM
Last I heard McCarthy was specifically looking at Morrison's ability to back up Niall Quinn.. I dont think he'll start ahead of him or Robbie but hopefully should be the first off the bench.

selhurstparkflyer
07-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JohnA

In answer to your question Dave - Clinton is certainly going to be at least on the bench. Mick McCarthy rates him.

In the World Cup, all squad players, bar those with a ban, are available as substitutes.

JohnA
13-04-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
In the World Cup, all squad players, bar those with a ban, are available as substitutes.

Sorry I don't quite get it. There is a finite number of subs per game 5 isn't it?

the_next_matt_jansen
13-04-2002, 02:03 AM
Whats great is that we (Ireland) have three great left-sided players (Duff, Harte, Kilbane) whil England are still worrying over their left flank!!