PDA

View Full Version : Transfers In And Out - Your Thoughts ...

essex boy
05-04-2002, 06:50 PM
This is who i would sell and buy pre-season-

Out-
David Hopkin around 600k
Andrejis Rubins around 500k
Dean Austin around 200k
Simon Rodger free due to his loyalty
Craig Harrison around 300k
Greg Berhalter around 400k
Total 1,800,000k

In-
Sean Davis Fulham around 1,500,000k
creative, young midfielder
Richard Scimeca Nottm forest around 500k
proven at first and premier (villa) level as solid defender
Jon Moncur West Ham around 300k
although old has good passing skills and is creative
Michael Duberry Leeds Utd around 2,000,000k
might struggle to convince him but would add much needed class

FrankieBoy
05-04-2002, 06:53 PM
According to your values, Jon Moncur is only worth half as much as David Hopkin. Are you quite sure??!!!:)

Jolly Norwegian
05-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Don't think anyone would be interested in an injured Harrison (probably not a fit one for that matter...), and we can only dream of getting 600.000 for Hopkin, I'm afraid. I agree that Duberry would be a great signing, but I would be very surprised to see him join Palace.

And giving away Jolly Rodger??!! :eek: NOOOOO!!!

Benny B Block
05-04-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by essex boy
This is who i would sell and buy pre-season-
Sean Davis Fulham around 1,500,000k
creative, young midfielder
Richard Scimeca Nottm forest around 500k
proven at first and premier (villa) level as solid defender

This isn't Championship Manager:

- Sean Davis is a first team regular at Fulham and England U21's, why would he come to us and at such a low price?
- Scimeca promised lots but has delivered very little.

I would like to think we would raid Brentford if they didn't go up. Darren Powell and Paul Evans for starters.

Levski
OUTS:
We'd do well to get a fee that high for Hopkin. It would probably cost us a lot to terminate his contract. Nightmare signing that turned out to be, although it looked ok at the time. 500 grand?

Rubins - will probably leave the UK as I don't think his style suits UK football, a shame, but he didn't cut it. Could get that fee if we're lucky.
500 also

No-one will take Harrison off us for that money. Anyway, give the guy a break (oops, not a great choice of words) he needs another 8 months or so before he's even back in training.

Agree with Berhalter, done nothing since his great performances in the last two games of last year. gone for 250

TOTAL: That's 1,250,000 I make it. Peanuts

Duberry - agree strongly. He needs to leave Leeds and they need to cut costs - would be a great signing. 2 mill, I reckon.

It's the young creative midfielder we need. We'd be looking at 2 mill. Can't afford that.

Could get Moncur for free if we wanted him. Can't see it - passed it.

With Symons and Popovic back I don't think we need Davis. Doubt he'd come to us assuming Foolham stay up.

So we'd need upwards of 3,500,000. Can't see SJ going for it. Of course, with Morrison gone, we could just about manage it, but it's still a big gamble.

RichardM
I agree with Sean Davis. Would he come to Palace? Is he getting in Fulham first team?

The Omen
05-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Davis would definetly not come to Palace!! He is highly rated at Fulham and if he was available, he would command a transfer fee of at least 5m - and a Premiership club would snap him up.

Scoot
05-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Midfielder .... how about Kenny Lunt at Crewe?
Great Player IMO of course.

BUNGLE
05-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Dubbery wouldn't come to us either.

ozeagle
05-04-2002, 07:37 PM
with the free Murphy from Shef Utd...

Sir JB
05-04-2002, 07:48 PM
How about we be realistic with player joining? We ain't a huge club....

In my opinion, out

David Hopkin - Reckon we can get a second division team to buy him on his reputation. Nothing more than 300k.

Andreaj Rubins - It doesn't look like he is going to figure with us. Hasn't proved himself and England isn't the place for him. Let him get on with his carear. I reckon we will get something like 400k for him (but it will probably be announced undisclosed).

Greg Berhalter - I like him, but he wants to go. Would rather us be a bit wealthier than have a player playing who wishing to leave. Can see us recouping about 400k for him.

Steve Kabba - Not cut out for this divison. Would do very well to get a fee for.
Andrew Frampton - Like Frampton, not cut out for this division. Take anything.

Then maybe, if we bring a few players in, we could be looking at selling some players like Steve Thomson...

BUNGLE
05-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Get rid of Dean Austin, Simon Rodger and David Hopkin all probably for free. Sell Berhalter for 500,000 and Rubins 500,000

Sign:
Murphy (Free(there seems to be some debate as to what he wil cost))
Goldbaek (Free)
Taylor (Free)
Greenachre 500,000?
Promote Woozley to the first team squad as cover.
Give Kabba a season's long loan to a div 2 club and see if he does anything.

AJ
05-04-2002, 09:40 PM
With so many players being released or on free's this season(something approaching 900, I heard). We probably do not need to buy anyone.

1)Tell Hopkin and Rubins, that they need to get match fit and knocking on the First Team door on a regular basis or they will be fired.

2) Give TF a fiver, Karen Brady's number and a hanky and say goodbye.

3) Jordon tells Morrison to give Palace until Xmas to prove that the team is on the right track for promotion. If not, he can go for 10m.

Cleon
05-04-2002, 09:49 PM
You will be extremely lucky to get rid of Hopkin on a free. His wages are a millstone, and I think we're simply stuck with the fat *un*.

You'd also get nothing for Rodger or Berthalter.

Pete B
05-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Scoot
Midfielder .... how about Kenny Lunt at Crewe?

Is that rhyming slang for David Hopkin?

2can
06-04-2002, 12:06 AM
OUT:
Kirovski - Free - Doesn't want to stay.
Pollock - Free - He's training with us, but I reckon he'll leave for a lower league club.
Kabba - 500k - Not good enough for division 1

IN:
Murphy - Free - Defensive cover
Moncur - 800k

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
06-04-2002, 12:22 AM
We can't get Kenny Lunt from Crewe. I'd get him confused with Mike Hunt after a couple of beers.

WorthingEagle
06-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Kabba - 500K???

Not sure what has he ever done to command a fee even? They'll be about 50 players just like him released in the summer. Might get 50k at the most but unlikely.

Rodger is a very useful player to have in the squad to cover injuries, you're guaranteed a decent enough level of performance and high work-rate. Plus some good corners for once...

Fatboynotsoslim
06-04-2002, 12:54 AM
Lets be a bit mroe realistic please - its obvious we won't be in the Prem next year, so I would go for the following being a bit more likely:

If Morrison has a good World Cup, I would expect us to get between 8M & 10M - he says he wants to stay in London, so how about Morrison to Fulham (If they stay up) with us getting Barry Hayles and 5M in return (I'm valuing Hayles at 3M for this exercise)

Mullins is also likely to go in the summer, working on 4M for him, we should then go and hand 3M of that to Sheff Utd for Brown.

Kirovski is obviously going on a free, use his wages to sign Murphy (also on a free)

Pollocks contract is up in June, so that gets rid of him

Off load Rubins, Berhalter and Hopkins if you can (likely to bring in less than 750K total

This would then give us a transfer positive of 6.75M, and I have to say the squad would potentially be no worse than this years (In fact, all round (not as individuals) I would say it would be a slightly stronger squad

Take 3M away to cover the non appearance of the ITV digital cash ( I firmly believe this will not materialise), that would still leave us 3.75M to strengthen the squad further

I like the idea of loaning Kabba for a season, its too early to take the plunge and offload completely (we've been caught out by that one before)

I would then like to see us use some of the 3M to by an up and coming left back to cover for Granville and a nice tough tackling midfielder, who would also be our new captain, possibly someone like Chris Marsden from Soton (around 750K) or Phil Stamp from Middlesborough (around 500K)

This would then give us a starting 11 for the first game of the season of :

Clarke
Fleming
Murphy
Popovic
Granville
Black
Brown
Marsden (Capt)
Gray
Freedman
Akinbiyi

Subs
Kolinko, Smith, Symons, Rihilahti, Hayles
Plus you would also have Austin, Thompson, Rodger and Frampton as further cover

Jaffa
06-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Marsden for 750k, you are having a giraffe. Try 5m. This is a player that if playing for a bigger club would be on the brink of the England setup.

fmhall
06-04-2002, 01:42 AM
Stay as we are, and that means keeping Mullins and Morrison, we only got problems this season because of that **** Bruce. otherwise we would now either be on course for auto' promotion or at worst a play-off spot.:cool: I believe Kirovski and possibly Clarke would rather be at Birmingham, thats assuming **** Bruce is still there next season.:p

Jimbo ?
06-04-2002, 02:18 AM
I dont think Jolly will be leaving
Austin hasnt done that badly recently
Gregg is a good player who may get a chance under a new manager (unlikely)
hoppy and Hairy out - in 2 defenders, midfielder, striker
Rubins again is a good player but has not broken through

Jimbo ?
06-04-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by fmhall
Stay as we are, and that means keeping Mullins and Morrison, we only got problems this season because of that **** Bruce. otherwise we would now either be on course for auto' promotion or at worst a play-off spot.:cool: I believe Kirovski and possibly Clarke would rather be at Birmingham, thats assuming **** Bruce is still there next season.:p

that is more the problem - who goes - ie mullins morrison kirovski.......

fmhall
06-04-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

that is more the problem - who goes - ie mullins morrison kirovski.......
Without doubt Kirovski, he's a good player but totally uncommitted to Palace

Jimbo ?
06-04-2002, 03:22 PM
maybe but it is another position we must replace in the summer!!!
and that wont be easy - Koumas???

Jaffa
06-04-2002, 03:36 PM
Koumas is another Joey Beauchamp - forget him, he is a whinging mummy boy little scouse git.

John.K
06-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Marsden for 750k, you are having a giraffe. Try 5m. This is a player that if playing for a bigger club would be on the brink of the England setup.

You are having a laugh as well 5 mil for a 32 year old! He is a good player but the reason he isn't playing for a bigger club is because none of them want him and he has never been anywhere near the England setup! :eek: :p

Oh Koumas is a good player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latvian Eagle
06-04-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Koumas is another Joey Beauchamp - forget him, he is a whinging mummy boy little scouse git.

Yes exactly. Can't stand players like this. This is also the reason we wouldn't get anyone like Chris Greenacre. My Millscum mate said they offered for him, Mansfield accepted but he refused the move because he doesn't want to move down south. Strange people:rolleyes:

merlmagic
06-04-2002, 07:03 PM
There is one signing we need next season and thats scott parker from charlton. The best player i've seen this season apart from the ruuds and dennis's. Nuff said.

mainstandeagle
06-04-2002, 07:21 PM
The only person that is leaving this club at the end of the season is Simon Jordan. I think.

Wouldn't mind Lloyd Owusu but it looks like he's going to Millwall.

Jaffa
06-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by John.K

You are having a laugh as well 5 mil for a 32 year old! He is a good player but the reason he isn't playing for a bigger club is because none of them want him and he has never been anywhere near the England setup! :eek: :p

Dont be suprised to see Marsden move to Liverpool in the summer.

CPFC_R_GREAT
06-04-2002, 07:48 PM
I reckon we'd be doing alright to raid man city seeing as keegan has just been guarenteed his tons of cash and they say they want to improve the squad meaing some will be on the way out!! :)

paul rodger
06-04-2002, 07:58 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned selling AA. We should vote him as our player of the year, which would no doubt get media reports then sell him for what ever we can get (1.5m ??).

Mullins is too casual and although brilliant at times, those times are too few (3m).

Berhalter and Rubins (1m) Hopkins and Pollock (250.00)

We would need a passing midfielder like Moncur a back up striker like Holdsworth (if Bolton go down)

I am not suggesting that we should buy the above, but we need experienced proven players. Perhaps we should buy someone who shines from one of the unfancied teams in the World Cup.

By the way we should spend the 250 from the sale of Hopkins and Pollock and put an exit door In The Gents toilets near the Stanley Stevensons Bar!

Sir JB
06-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by merlmagic
There is one signing we need next season and thats scott parker from charlton. The best player i've seen this season apart from the ruuds and dennis's. Nuff said.

If that is true, why would Charlton sell him/why would he want to join us?

pete eagle
06-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by John.K

Obviously you have not seen Marsden play recently, he has been at the heart of everything good Southampton have done this season. He gets forward, scores goals, is quite pacey and battles in the centre of the park.

Koumas is someone who i don't want at the club, he didn't want to go to WBA for some strange reason even though they are going up. Can't see him moving even further south

pete eagle
06-04-2002, 09:33 PM
My opinion on outs and ins this summer

Out

Rubins
Hopkin
Berhalter
Kirovski

In

A young defender (Clarke Carlisle)
Richard Langley

Benzhiyi
06-04-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BUNGLE
Get rid of Dean Austin, Simon Rodger and David Hopkin all probably for free. Sell Berhalter for 500,000 and Rubins 500,000

Sign:

Promote Woozley to the first team squad as cover.

Woozley has gone to Torquay! :sob:

Walrus
06-04-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
My opinion on outs and ins this summer

In

A young defender (Clarke Carlisle)
Richard Langley

Yes please to both of 'em. QPR could use the dosh, and we could use the players.

Jimbo ?
07-04-2002, 01:01 AM
I think it is clear that this summer there will be alot of transfer activity as we clearly need 3-4 more players to avoid being in this position nexxt year!!!

Boris the charltonhater
07-04-2002, 04:13 PM
Out should go:

Kirovski - wages too high, wants to go, rubbish anyway (free)
Hopkin - wages too high, not good enough for the first team (free)
Harrison - not very good, had his chances and not taken them (free)
Rubins - not good enough, wages probably high (500k)
Popovic - continously injured or on international duty, not great either. (500k)
Morrison - too good, deserves better and wants to go, cash in for him while he is stile hot (7.5m)
Mullins - could sell for a lot more than he's worth, cash in for him while he is still highly rated. (2m)
Berhalter - not lived up to early promise (250K)
total: 10.75m

In should come -
Murphy (free)
A good central defender (1million)
A clintonmorrisonish striker to play alongside dougie (1million)
An attacking central midfielder (poyet/scholes type) who can score a dozen goals during a season. (1.25milion)
total: 3.25

Profit = 7.5million, no 'deadwood', no players who don't want to play for us. Stronger squad.

cappuccinoeagle
08-04-2002, 01:43 AM
What about Lee Clark? Unless he's injured he seems to be out of favour at Fulham.

pete eagle
08-04-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by cappuccinoeagle
What about Lee Clark? Unless he's injured he seems to be out of favour at Fulham.

we'd have to put up with his brothers then:eek:

Boyandy
09-04-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Boris
Popovic - continously injured or on international duty, not great either. (500k)

This is a joke, right?

AJ
10-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Boris
Out should go:

In should come -
Murphy (free)
A good central defender (1million)
A clintonmorrisonish striker to play alongside dougie (1million)
An attacking central midfielder (poyet/scholes type) who can score a dozen goals during a season. (1.25milion)
total: 3.25

Murphy is still under contact, won't be free.
A good clintonmorrisonish striker.....like who? Clinton Morrison...not too many around for 1m.

But, I get your drift.

spt1978
10-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Out

Hopkin- Around - 500,000 (If we can find someone to match his wages)
Kirovski - Free
Rodger - Dont think he`ll be offered a new deal
Thompson - 500,000
Pollock - Free (Well at least he will be off the wage bill)

Total 1m

In

QPR - Langley - 750,000
QPR - Carlisle - 750,000
Routledge - Promoted to the first team squad
Also someone like Brown (sheff utd) if we can get the price down to around 2m

Total 3.5

Sorry simon time to dig into ur pocket again.

Rubins would be given half a season more given his good recent performances in the reserves.

CHERRY TREE BRB
10-04-2002, 05:17 PM
OUT

Jamie Smith - 500,000 to Norwich
Gregg Berhalter - 200,000 abroad
Jamie Pollock- Released
Steve Kabba- 30,000 to Luton
Clinton Morrison- 7 million to Spurs plus ferdinand in part exchange
Simon Rodger - Released ( Brentford )
Jovan Kirovski - Free Transfer ( Birmingham )

IN

Danny Shipp ( Dagenham & Red ) 200,000
Guy Branston - Rotherham 400,000
Les Ferdinand - Spurs / part exchange
Paul Merson - Villa 1 million
Trond Andersen - Squatters 750,000

RednBlue
10-04-2002, 05:34 PM
Psychic, wishful thinking, or 'got it from someone who knows......'
:cool:

rednbluevegas
11-04-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by CHERRY TREE BRB
OUT

Guy Branston - Rotherham 400,000

rednbluevegas
11-04-2002, 05:45 AM
Sorry forgot to comment.

Branston would be a great signing.

Out (this is what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want)

Clint - 7m
Rodger - free
Kirovski - free
Austin - free
Berhalter - 50k
Kabba - nominal
Clarke - 1.5m

Hopkin will stay (I think TF rather likes him) and we will chase hard Brown from Sheff Utd (good move). Murphy will come although we will have to pay for him. Perhaps Austin (as much as I'd actually like to see him stay) will be a make weight.

Whoever said the Clint to Fulham thing may be onto something. I firmly believe he will not go to a club if it is not in the Prem. However, Jeffers has not done a thing at Arsenal so don't be surprised if he follows his hero Ian Wright to the Gunners.

One thing for certain - its going to be a busy old summer!

Scoot
11-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I would like to see us sign Murphy and the young lad on trial from Chels.
Keep Berhalter, sell Smith thus giving us plenty of options for the back.
Try and offload Hoppo, give Black and Thomo some GOOD coaching over the summer (come on Kember teach em what you know .. you were great!). Get Lunt and Ashton from Crewe.
See how we go until November time and then look to sign 1 or 2 more players (Brown for example).

SKATE
11-04-2002, 02:59 PM
TF in yesterdays Croydon freebie said he didnt expect there would be much transfer activity over the summer. He named Berhalter, Hopkin, Kirovski, possibly Rodger ( and someone else I forget) as being on thier way out, but that he would be holding on to the players who had featured reguarly in his sides since his arrival. He wont be spending lots of dosh and thinks the players we already have will do the business next season, with just one or two additions. (Hopefully they'll be midfield).

Clapham Grand
11-04-2002, 04:25 PM
guy branston????? no thanks

jeffers hasn't featured for arsenal as he has been injred most of the season

Palace
11-04-2002, 04:37 PM
OUT

Morrison - 8m
Hopkin - 0.2m
Kirovski - Free
Berhalter - 0.4m I like him, but he seems destined to go.
Rubins - 0.5m

Total 9.1million

IN

Murphy - 0.25m
Brown - 1.5m
Striker - 0.5m

Total 2.25million, a healthy profit.

N Herts Eagle
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Look out in the summer of a signing of a Swedish Midfielder currently playing in Sweden (sorry no name source would not tell me ) that Mick Mills rates very highly fee in region of 750K

Clapham Grand
12-04-2002, 01:46 PM
Club?

Neil the Eagle
12-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
guy branston????? no thanks

Too right!

This is the guy that gives away penalty after penalty (remember Dougie on the opening day) and earns card after card. A total liability.

Ruskin Old Boy
12-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Out: loads, at the very least Kirovski, Berhalter, Rodger, possibly Hopkin.

In: one midfielder and, possibly, Murphy

Riccardo
12-04-2002, 03:02 PM
What are some of you on ?

Clinton going for 7m / 8m...yeah right, we're Palace...remember ??

If he does get sold it'll only be for 5m tops. I certainly don't want him to go either.

Kirovski doesn't seem that bothered to me. Let him go and join his fella at Brum.

Hopkin has got to go. Berthalter has been treated very badly by the club, I hope he goes somewhere he's appricated by the manangement / board.

Rubins is too timid to do anything in this division. In the Prem (when we were going up with Steve Bruce...remember ??) he would have done alright - more protection from refs etc.

In....

Maybe Murphy in case Popovic is out for 4 months due to a fractured perm.

Terry Hurlock (spit) so that we finally have a hatchet man in midfield. And he'd break a few Brighton legs next season.

fmhall
12-04-2002, 03:11 PM
Have to agree with you Riccardo. For a chairman that made a lot of money in business I can not understand his logic when he sold Fan Zihyi just before he was due back to play for us and right on top of the world cup finals... all those Chinese that could have brought Palace shirts and made the world aware of CRYSTAL PALACE FC. To my mind a very bad business move ..agreed ??:clown:

Dobbo
12-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Fatboynotsoslim

This would then give us a starting 11 for the first game of the season of :

Clarke
Fleming
Murphy
Popovic
Granville
Black
Brown
Marsden (Capt)
Gray
Freedman
Akinbiyi

Couldn't we find a player called White or Green instead of Marsden to complete our midfield colour chart :D :D

Symon10
12-04-2002, 03:18 PM
I don't think we should get rid of any of these players:

Kolinko
Mullins
Granville
Popovic
Thomson
Riihilahti
Black
Kirovski
Freedman
Morrison
Gray
Clarke
Akinbiyi
Rubins

and i mean we should NOT get rid of these players at any price!

# Its not having what you want its wanting what you've got#

we have to sort out who we've got before incomings. Those 14 players are the players at palace I would want in my squad. The rest are either injury prone, too old or not good enough.

Most important thing is keeping what we have got. Then looking to strengthen the squad with quality players - John Moncur - dont' make me laugh. We want quality players. We certainly need a central mid. I'd also like a quality right back (i would like to see richard howell re-signed : P). Not dean austin who doesn't have very long left to play. Like Curtis Fleming. And nto Jamie Smith who prefers to play on the right wing and is always injured. Who? Don't ask me. Get the scouts at palace to tell you that! Then another centre back is needed - perhaps murphy, although i don't think he's quite good enough, he's also 30? Clarke Carlisle would be somebody to look at, is he playing again yet? Another forward would be nice - but then you could look at the youth setup for that. There could be a gradual introduction/trying out of Routledge, the Thai kid (can't spell his name :)) and gareth williams. Central defence - Will Antwi is worth gradually playing a few games when there are injuries to the first choices.

Simon Forrest
12-04-2002, 03:38 PM
I say sign Chris Armstrong. :p

Santos
12-04-2002, 03:51 PM
I think everyone is forgetting that these are the players we would like TF to sign, but in reality we will end up buying playrs which will just turn us into a very average 1st division team.

fieldy
12-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Santos
I think everyone is forgetting that these are the players we would like TF to sign, but in reality we will end up buying playrs which will just turn us into a very average 1st division team. Unfair, TF's signings so far have been excellent! :cool:

Big Fella
12-04-2002, 05:39 PM
I would like to see Murphy or Darren Powell from Brentford as a back up centre half. As for the midfielder we desparately require, how about Stephen Clemence from Spurs, still fairly young, would know Palace through Dougie (who's married to his sister), has a good left foot, can pass and tackles well. Could get him for a million. Also Richard Langley (if he's fully recovered from his injury) or Damian Francis from the Wombles - can't believe he could go to Luton!

Streatham man
12-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by fieldy
Unfair, TF's signings so far have been excellent! :cool:

Sorry, Akinbiyi was not an excellent signing. The cash should have been used to sign a quality midfielder, and we should have picked up a back up striker on loan or on a free transfer.

Major mistake that SJ went along with, to his discredit. Overall, though, I'm extremely grateful for SJ's ownership of the club.

Beanie
12-04-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Streatham man

Sorry, Akinbiyi was not an excellent signing. ........ and we should have picked up a back up striker on loan or on a free transfer.

You mean like three managers had tried to do since Forrsell left last season?

The jury is probably still out on Akinbiyi, but it is as easy at you'd like to make it to find the alternative.

Plugster
14-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Sell Clinton Morrison. If we can get 6m pound for him we'd be laughing. Let Judas Kirovski go to Birmingham. Another saving of about 15,000 a week.

Can't see anyone leaving Leicester, Derby, or Ipswic to join another Division 1 club. In my opinion we need a young central defender, creative midfielder and probably two strikers.

David Prutton, Owen Morrison, Dean Ashton, Rob Hulse, David Vaughan, Eion Jess, Bruce Dyer, Chris Armstrong, Kenny Cunningham.

Palace
14-04-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Palace
OUT

Rubins - 0.5m

I take this back, and on second thoughts, Murphy is just too mediocre for what we are trying to achieve.ie. a premiership place.

Sir JB
14-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Sir JB
How about we be realistic with player joining? We ain't a huge club....

In my opinion, out

David Hopkin - Reckon we can get a second division team to buy him on his reputation. Nothing more than 300k.

Andreaj Rubins - It doesn't look like he is going to figure with us. Hasn't proved himself and England isn't the place for him. Let him get on with his carear. I reckon we will get something like 400k for him (but it will probably be announced undisclosed).

Greg Berhalter - I like him, but he wants to go. Would rather us be a bit wealthier than have a player playing who wishing to leave. Can see us recouping about 400k for him.

Steve Kabba - Not cut out for this divison. Would do very well to get a fee for.
Andrew Frampton - Like Frampton, not cut out for this division. Take anything.

Then maybe, if we bring a few players in, we could be looking at selling some players like Steve Thomson...

I would like to take it back. It seems Andreaj Rubins may have something afterall :) The rest can stay on that list though :D

aadams
14-04-2002, 10:54 PM
According to Footballtransfers.net we could pick up the following on Bosmans in June.
Darryl Powell Midfield
Chris Armstrong Striker
Juninho Midfield
Ronny Johnson Central Defender
KEVIN F*T Pie eating, judas, call yourself a goalkeeper MILLER

:)

Flying Higher
16-04-2002, 01:40 AM
Plugster - good shoping list - not to sure about Armstrong though - add Langley from QPR and if he returns to be the same player Carlisle.The dons have some pickings -Cunningham is the defender we need - plus Connolly or Patrick A.

Dartford Lad
16-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Lee Hodges MF Scunthorpe United
Matthew Spring MF Luton Town
Matthew Taylor LB Luton Town
Chris Bart-Williams MF Charlton Athletic
Chris Greenacre ST Mansfield Town

All supposedly Bosmans at the end of the season!

Boris the charltonhater
16-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by AJ

A good clintonmorrisonish striker.....like who? Clinton Morrison...not too many around for 1m.

But, I get your drift.

Remember few years ago when we plucked Matt Jansen out of the lower leagues? If you looked hard enough there are plenty of good quality players who can be purchased cheaply and developed into much better players.

Asher S
22-04-2002, 06:23 PM
kinkladze from relegated derby is up for sale i think he would be great 4 palace for about 1million

what do you think?

22-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Goldbaek will be the midfielder brought in the summer.

Random*
22-04-2002, 06:33 PM
For both of them, think about the wages! I think not...

Beanie
22-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Questions -

Which "star" player has now been part of three relegated teams in the English League?

How much benefit have these teams received from that player, who was young and fitter in the first two cases?

Any suggestions? Sorry - no prizes:p

Dartford Lad
22-04-2002, 08:41 PM
The answer to the question is Neil Redfearn isn't it?

Dartford Lad
22-04-2002, 08:42 PM
And Hermann will soon be joining him! :D

Santos
22-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Ravanelli has been relegated with two clubs and yet no-one doubts he is a great striker. i think Kinkladze would be a great player to get the crowds excited again.

Jimbo ?
22-04-2002, 09:28 PM
any chance of an ipswich swoop???
Hraiderson holland bent stewart ....... I know I know it wont happen
as for the over the hill kinkladze - no way!!!

BUNGLE
22-04-2002, 10:04 PM
Get Merson and Goldbaek and we will go up next season.

clubbruggekvfc
22-04-2002, 10:24 PM
What about somebody under 35, with their own hair and teeth and not in rotting in somebody else's reserve team? Or is that too radical a step?

GUCCI Eagle
22-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by clubbruggekvfc
What about somebody under 35, with their own hair and teeth and not in rotting in somebody else's reserve team? Or is that too radical a step?

Gazza? ;)

Holmesdale Boy
22-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Kinkladze would be the spark we need to get up nxt year and he cant be that bad of a player if hes played for Ajax

SIGN HIM FRANCIS NOW

GUCCI Eagle
22-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Buy Paul Shaw from Gillingham.

zonin2000
22-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Asher S
kinkladze from relegated derby is up for sale i think he would be great 4 palace for about 1million

what do you think?

gosh no!

sincerely hope not!

BenCouchman
22-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Why is everyone so against older players?

Who was the best player in div 1 this year?

ALI BERNARBIA, Age 33

He was the main factor in Man City's going up.

If a players good enough then age isn't too much of a problem.

Lords Eagle
23-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Holmesdale Boy
Kinkladze would be the spark we need to get up nxt year and he cant be that bad of a player if hes played for Ajax

SIGN HIM FRANCIS NOW
Except he's now overweight and can't be a*sed.

Ruskin Old Boy
23-04-2002, 12:38 PM
One of my colleagues played for Ajax - about 35 years ago. He wouldn't sign for Palace tho', prefers the Hammers. :D

Beanie
23-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Holmesdale Boy

SIGN HIM FRANCIS NOW

Ajax are a club with a great past - but a) what did he achieve at Ajax and b) what has he achieved since? Some players leave Ajax for Barcelona and similar, Kinkladze left for Man City & Derby. No disrespect to them - but Barca they ain't.

Clapham Grand
23-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Merson would be good if we could keep the wages demands down

David of Kent
23-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Merson would be good if we could keep the wages demands down

Merson would be great if we had a manager who'd buy him AND pick him. He'd last five games with Francis and be dropped for lack of work rate. Also can see definite personality clash there as in Merson's got one!