PDA

View Full Version : Freedman to be sold to Watford

eaglejez
13-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Please teel me this isn't true...Capital Gold said this that Freedman was dropped and could be on his way to Watford...presumably for about 500K

IWCW the return
13-04-2002, 10:35 PM
no! :eek: :eek: :sob:

Holmesdale Boy
13-04-2002, 10:36 PM
500 K
And were buying rivaldo for a million

hellsbells
13-04-2002, 10:37 PM
oh **** please god no :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

TommyEagle
13-04-2002, 10:39 PM
This is utter rubbish. Doug was not in the squad today because he was injured - a groin strain.

jordanismygod
13-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Francis said it was a hamstring injury!

Ruskin Old Boy
13-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by eaglejez
Please teel me this isn't true...Capital Gold said this that Freedman was dropped and could be on his way to Watford...presumably for about 500K

Don't you mean Capital Old? ;) One day he's going to Spurs, the next its Watford; Vialli to Juve anyone? :D

Chobham Eagle
13-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Did Capital Gold offer any evidence at all that this is true?

pedro
13-04-2002, 11:02 PM
If this absurd rumour is true then it will be the last nail in the coffin for Francis as our manager, I would walk over broken glass to get TF out of our club before he does the nearest thing to treason this club has ever seen. Even Bruce walking out to join Birmingham would be nothing compared to TF selling Freedman.. TF is a **** of the highest order and he goes before Dougie all day long.
He makes me laugh, when he joins the club he says that he would have got Brum promoted if he had Dougie/Clint but there is every chance that if he is still in charge at the beginning of next season (god help us) he could have sold both of them, just to finance the donkeys he wants to bring in.
If he had any decency he would resign before he can cause any further damage to our club.

Two-Tone
13-04-2002, 11:02 PM
LLcoolSteve, who knows Dougie, said that it was definitely a hamstrig injury so no need to panic

Adrian
13-04-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by pedro
If this absurd rumour is true then it will be the last nail in the coffin for Francis as our manager, I would walk over broken glass to get TF out of our club before he does the nearest thing to treason this club has ever seen. Even Bruce walking out to join Birmingham would be nothing compared to TF selling Freedman.. TF is a **** of the highest order and he goes before Dougie all day long.
He makes me laugh, when he joins the club he says that he would have got Brum promoted if he had Dougie/Clint but there is every chance that if he is still in charge at the beginning of next season (god help us) he could have sold both of them, just to finance the donkeys he wants to bring in.
If he had any decency he would resign before he can cause any further damage to our club.
Oh how I agree with every word.

Freedman to Watford? There's no smoke without fire - but journalists will be journalists.......:rolleyes:

Gooders
13-04-2002, 11:55 PM
Francis said that he expected to be questioned about Morrison and couldn't believe it when he was told of the Freedman story.

Watford are trying to unload players because they've overspent gambling on going back up to the Premier - I hardly think they can afford to sign a player of Dougie's ability and likely wages.

And I hesitate to say this after what Bruce did to us but why would Dougie want to go there anyway?

I would have been worried if he wasn't there for the lap of honour but he was and he looked happy enough to me.

eaglejez
13-04-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by TommyEagle
This is utter rubbish. Doug was not in the squad today because he was injured - a groin strain.

Hopefully this is just rubbish journalism at its worst but it makes me sick that this sort of stuff goes out on the air......I personally think that Francis would never sell Freedman...I was just worried it would be another "falling out with the new manager..." episode..a la Jamie Pollock....

Sir.S.C Remembered
14-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
why would Dougie want to go there anyway?

. [/B]

Two words for you:

TREVOR FRANCIS

Miss Dee
14-04-2002, 12:07 AM
I spoke to the man himself outside the ground after the game and told him all the rumours id been hearing (Tottenham and Watford) and he told me and the rest of us that he is signing a new contract this summer. I really dont think we've got anything to worry about.

I reckon Dougie loves crystal palace as much as we love him

ok maybe not quite as much as i love him :love:

Big Bird
14-04-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by jordanismygod
Francis said it was a hamstring injury!

It is his hamstring I can tell you that he had to have two scans on it to ensure that it was just a pull and not a tear. Luckily it is a pull and he should take 4 weeks to be fit again.:p

Again I say to you all that the media are going to have there day now the end of the season is upon us with speculation mounting all the time on the ins & outs of the beloved Palace. All I can say is Dougie is staying with Palace he has a contract that commits him to the club and is looking to sign an improved one in the summer:)

Whoever started this rumor needs their head examined

Dougie 21 goals sold for 500k As If :veryangry

Illeagel
14-04-2002, 12:22 AM
Was there any truth in Dougie going up to Francis with a petition signed by the players saying that they were unhappy with his style of play and management.

Apparently the rumour went that Francis demanded DF be transfer listed, which Jordan refused but compromised by dropping him??

any truth in this???

Big Bird
14-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Illeagel
Was there any truth in Dougie going up to Francis with a petition signed by the players saying that they were unhappy with his style of play and management.

Apparently the rumour went that Francis demanded DF be transfer listed, which Jordan refused but compromised by dropping him??

any truth in this???

Have not heard that one but I think you will find that the Captain would have had to have done something like that.

Also I would have thought that all the players would have probaly refused to have let Francis drop a player for doing something that was a team decision.

Dougie was dropped a few games back by his own admission he had not been playing as well as he knew he could.
Im surprised no one picked up on last weeks spat between Clinton and TF but hey there you go we will leave that for a rainy day ;)

14-04-2002, 12:55 AM

This is utter bollox. In fact its laughable, better than the scary Tottenham one. Watford have no money and are selling their best players and we why would we sell him for 500k if we could get at least 3mill for him AT LEAST!

Ruskin Old Boy
14-04-2002, 01:18 AM
I'm not a TF fan but I will be soon - if only in sympathy for all the crap rumours he has to rebut in press conferences. Today we should have been celebrating Palace playing as well we did earlier this season. For anyone bothered to read the threads from yesterday would have seen that Freedman had been injured in training. (And though I say it myself one ROB said that Rubins and Routledge would both get on the pitch today.)

Where do you think lazy journos get their stories from? From sites like this. Stop imagining the worse guys:eek:

pete eagle
14-04-2002, 03:53 AM
which cretin at capital gold decided to inform us all?

500k - who do they think they are

Men At Work
14-04-2002, 05:43 AM

It's true.

I can also sell you a bridge and an opera house in Sydney.

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-04-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Two-Tone
LLcoolSteve, who knows Dougie, said that it was definitely a hamstring injury so no need to panic

To damn right..............:)

New_Malden_Eagle
14-04-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work

It's true.

Exactly. Can someone who claims to believe this ridiculous story please say why, or at least explain where Crapital Old get their sources from?

Les Butler
14-04-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work

It's true.

How much ?

Men At Work
14-04-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Les Butler
How much ?

4m each. But a special deal for you, Les. 10m the pair :)

Les Butler
14-04-2002, 06:22 AM
Ta mate ! with friends like you.........:p
So what's the catch ?

Ben H
14-04-2002, 06:38 AM
Look, all this bollox about Freedman is true.

A mate of mine who works on the hotdogs at the fan's forums every other month told me it is, so it is.

Expect the deal to go through on Monday in time for him to make his debut next Sunday. Apparently Watford have got special dispensation from the League to play him on account of their impossible chances to reach the play-offs and it's just not fair on Gianlucca to finish the season without winning at least one Mickey Mouse trophy..

Grim Reaper
14-04-2002, 12:20 PM
why would Dougie want to go there anyway?

At last - someone asks the most obvious question of the lot. People on here are gunning for Francis as a result of some ridiculous journalism. Unbelievable.

As if Freedman is going to Watford for 500K. Get real

JamieBcpfc
14-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Miss Dee
I spoke to the man himself outside the ground after the game and told him all the rumours id been hearing (Tottenham and Watford) and he told me and the rest of us that he is signing a new contract this summer. I really dont think we've got anything to worry about.

I reckon Dougie loves crystal palace as much as we love him

ok maybe not quite as much as i love him :love:
were did u see dougie cause i oly saw aki,popovic going to the lounge and clint outside the gate it was weird normally they all go out

Gavin Axten
14-04-2002, 01:38 PM
As said before this story is complete bollox, Dougie is going nowhere, just like Preston :)

dannyturner
14-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Well said Gavin. We will not become adversaries on this thread methinks. Why do some poster use olde english on this site?

There have been some awful threads this week!!!!

Miss Dee
14-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by JamieBcpfc

were did u see dougie cause i oly saw aki,popovic going to the lounge and clint outside the gate it was weird normally they all go out

I was waiting around in the Stephensons lounge for one of the bar staff until about 6pm. Spent the whole time looking out of the window watching players leave. As soon as i heard shouts of Dougie i ran outside.

Pete B
14-04-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by pedro

So a made up story but a dying radio station anxious to make some headlines to attact gullable unintelligent football fans gives you the opportunity to spout more ***** about our manager.

Yet again the rumour is untrue, so will you congratulate Mr Francis when he persuades Doug to sign a new contract? Thought not

Boris the charltonhater
14-04-2002, 03:10 PM

Was this before or after the eighty seven tottenham fans who ring up every week moaning about how crap their team is had been on air?

sexyrazor
14-04-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Big Bird

Im surprised no one picked up on last weeks spat between Clinton and TF but hey there you go we will leave that for a rainy day ;)

It's not raining BUT prey tell...........? I did hear something about Clinton sticking two fingers up behind Trev's back after the last game?

14-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Why are so many lemmings rushing on to this thread to give credence to what is clearly a piece of media nonsense? Simple! Because it allows them to divert attention away from today's excellent victory against promotion hopefuls Preston North End! Having spent months slagging off Trevor Francis, Austin, Akinbiyi, Rubins, Hopkins and all the other favourite scapegoats of the "instant success" and "fantasy football" contingent on this Board, they found themselves at 17.00 hours last evening without a convenient target!!! If they had been at Selhurst Park around that time these serial "critics" would have had to experience the stomach-churning experience(for them) of the Palace First team squad being given an enthusiastic ovation for their season's efforts by the 16,000 or more who stayed behind after the game. A mood of real optimism permeated the stadium for the first time in many months. These to me are the REAL Palace supporters and I take my hat off to them. If anyone on this thread really believes that our Chairman would sell a 28 year-old, 20 goal-a-season, Scottish International striker, with a career record of over 100 League goals to ANOTHER First Division Club for 500,000, they are either in need of a brain-transplant, or are Watford supporters in disguise!

dannyturner
14-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by freddykurz
Why are so many lemmings rushing on to this thread to give credence to what is clearly a piece of media nonsense? Simple! Because it allows them to divert attention away from today's excellent victory against promotion hopefuls Preston North End! Having spent months slagging off Trevor Francis, Austin, Akinbiyi, Rubins, Hopkins and all the other favourite scapegoats of the "instant success" and "fantasy football" contingent on this Board, they found themselves at 17.00 hours last evening without a convenient target!!! If they had been at Selhurst Park around that time these serial "critics" would have had to experience the stomach-churning experience(for them) of the Palace First team squad being given an enthusiastic ovation for their season's efforts by the 16,000 or more who stayed behind after the game. A mood of real optimism permeated the stadium for the first time in many months. These to me are the REAL Palace supporters and I take my hat off to them. If anyone on this thread really believes that our Chairman would sell a 28 year-old, 20 goal-a-season, Scottish International striker, with a career record of over 100 League goals to ANOTHER First Division Club for 500,000, they are either in need of a brain-transplant, or are Watford supporters in disguise!

Much respect to freddykurz, now bury this thread please!

Ben H
14-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Why was Freedman dropped yesterday?

AJ
14-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Why was Freedman dropped yesterday?

Apparently, Freedman was very lame in training on Thursday and spent most of the time hopping around:p :p

14-04-2002, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben H B]Why was Freedman dropped yesterday? [/B][/QUOTE
Injured in training. See match reports elsewhere, including direct quotes by Francis. Kirovski pulled out because his wife had a baby.

eaglejez
14-04-2002, 05:47 PM

Couple of points;

1. Capital Gold never mentioned 500K...that was a sarcastic comment of mine (based on past experience) that some people seem to have picked up on

2. I don't think Capital Gold is a dying station..I think its really good and clearly has a strong Palace bias until JP leaves......would anyone really prefer the odious 5Live ("..well we're just leaving this World Cup semi penalty shoot for the latest horse racing results..")

3. Just because people come on a thread to express worry about a rumour doesn't make deserve abuse or make them less of a fan than the so called student type 'real fans', yet to experience the real world and who hate fathers bringing kids to the match and not singing loud enough etc etc. I think that's the point of the BBS. People can make up their own minds

4. I thought Palace were terrific today (much better than recent weeks)...if we get Symons & Freedman back and maybe a bit of a midfield playmaker then next season could be good

Gooders
14-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Kirovski pulled out because his wife had a baby.

Obviously left it too late then.

:eek:

Ruskin Old Boy
14-04-2002, 10:23 PM

:D :p Nice one!

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by sexyrazor

It's not raining BUT prey tell...........? I did hear something about Clinton sticking two fingers up behind Trev's back after the last game?

;)

14-04-2002, 11:31 PM
Right, so far this afternoon I've learnt thanks to you good folk in BBS-land, that:
1. Trevor Francis and Jasper Carrott are going to BUY Queen's Park Rangers football club, thus necessitating Francis's resignation as our club manager, or perhaps not - maybe he can carry on managing us and let Jasper get on with running QPR.
2. But before he does the above, Trevor Francis decided he had to telephone a journalist at Capital Gold radio station to ask them to broadcast that he has finally persuaded the chairman of CPFC, Simon Jordan, to sell our 2nd top scorer and Palace legend, Dougie Freedman, to Watford Football Club, who are currently about TEN places below Crystal Palace FC in the Nationwide Football League Division One table.
Thank you for these nuggets of information - my life as a Palace fan would not be the same with them.:rolleyes:

15-04-2002, 12:43 AM
And I forgot to list another learning experience this afternoon/evening, thanks to a better than usual BBS today God's day of rest:
That Stevie Kember is a drunk who is plotting behind Trevor Francis's back (and presumably Simon Jordan's too) to wreck Palace's chance of getting promoted...so that, wait for this, this is a classic, so that Simon Jordan will finally see the light and sack Trevor Francis and yes, you guessed it, call upon Sir Steven Kember, (who, I remind you, has been labelled a drunkard by the very same BBSers today) to assume the mantle of manager of Crystal Palace Football Club and ride into the sunset, music swells, list of cast and credits rolls up.
Heh, guys and gals, you should get jobs writing EastEnders scripts, you really should. That'd put paid to Al From Bromley's career aspirations (only joking, Al).:p

Ruskin Old Boy
15-04-2002, 01:57 AM
Beestey's ramblings are clearly a consequence of counting and recounting the crystal-ball predictions for this season. The men in white coats should be there soon and you will unveiled as the new manager of CPFC after the WBA match. :cool: ;)

15-04-2002, 02:26 PM

Realised the faux pas too late, but decided to leave it there to give tiny minds the rare opportunity to demonstrate their juvenile sense of humour!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy Long
15-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Why are so many lemmings rushing on to this thread to give credence to what is clearly a piece of media nonsense? Simple! Because it allows them to divert attention away from today's excellent victory against promotion hopefuls Preston North End!

I remember the days when we were promtion hopefuls too. They didn't last long did they.....

Having spent months slagging off Trevor Francis, Austin, Akinbiyi, Rubins, Hopkins and all the other favourite scapegoats of the "instant success" and "fantasy football" contingent on this Board, they found themselves at 17.00 hours last evening without a convenient target!!! If they had been at Selhurst Park around that time these serial "critics" would have had to experience the stomach-churning experience(for them) of the Palace First team squad being given an enthusiastic ovation for their season's efforts by the 16,000 or more who stayed behind after the game. A mood of real optimism permeated the stadium for the first time in many months. These to me are the REAL Palace supporters and I take my hat off to them.

Thank you. I stayed to cheer the players who have performed very well considering the useless manager that they've had to put up with.

One result and you are back on here harping on the same old rubbish. Blimey, we actually won at home with some nice football. Hasn't taken us very long has it? Don't get too excited.

Jimbo ?
15-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by beestey
Jasper Carrott are going to BUY Queen's Park Rangers football club,

QPR are a joke without carrot getting involved!!!

samaul1cpfc
18-04-2002, 03:15 PM
i heard it a well they are just s**t stirring because he didnt play against preston they automatically think hes off!

he was injured they are talking bo**ox

Crunchie
22-04-2002, 12:27 AM
I've heard that Francis is taking over manager of Preston next season, therefore put out a weaker team to get Preston into the playoffs, or that was the plan :moo: :p