PDA

View Full Version : Come on you Bees!

James
15-04-2002, 09:36 PM
I have just booked my ticket for the Brentford game on Saturday. I shall be cheering on Coppell's lads against Reading - any other Palace fans making the trip to Griffin Park?

congress
15-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Glory boy!!! ;)

Eagle Kneevil
15-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately a Coppell win means heartbreak for Alan Pardew after five draws on the trot. The loyalties are split - whoever doesn't make it should go up via the play-offs.

lightweight
15-04-2002, 09:48 PM
If I wasn't going to be up in Birmingham prior to the West Brom game probably would have gone there.

Should be a fantastic atmosphere - what a game! - I just hope whichever team doesn't win goes up through the play offs. 2 palace heros battling it out as managers of the teams.

lightweight
15-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Kneevil
Unfortunately a Coppell win means heartbreak for Alan Pardew after five draws on the trot.

Reading have indeed been in the driving seat for a while - but Brentford have only lost one game at home all season - so it should be a very close run thing.

LLCOOLSTEVE
15-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by James
any other Palace fans making the trip to Griffin Park?

Yup :)

Richard
15-04-2002, 10:08 PM
Yup, too.

Edmundo
15-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Come and find me in the Griffin before the match and I'll buy you a pint (as long as you aren't backing Reading!).

Steve Coppell is a football genius!

jlmatthews
15-04-2002, 11:19 PM
We're Reading, We're Reading
We'll kick your ******* head in!

Big Bird
16-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by James
[- any other Palace fans making the trip to Griffin Park? [/B]

yes I will be there to cheer on Brentford cos I love Stevie Coppell :love:

Will S
16-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Guilty as charged. Come on you Bees !

18-04-2002, 05:38 AM
It's sold out :(

Boris the charltonhater
19-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Hope Reading win, but I predict that they will lose 3-1

Twyford Bee
19-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Edmundo
Come and find me in the Griffin before the match and I'll buy you a pint (as long as you aren't backing Reading!).

Does that offer apply to just Palace fans?:)

Thanks for the support everyone: COME ON BRENTFORD!

Richard
19-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Edmundo

How can we recognise you ?

LLCOOLSTEVE
21-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Good day out, great atmosphere.....bad result. off to cardiff now! :)

Anerley Eagle
21-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Unlucky Brentford :sob: lets hope they make it in the playoff's.

Ridcully
21-04-2002, 01:46 AM
Brilliant result...especially after last season for Reading in the playoff final.

Hope Brentford win the playoffs tho.

BaldEagle96
21-04-2002, 02:15 AM
Sh*te result. Reading do not deserve to be in our division. Sir Steve will lead the Bees to the promised land and we will get 18 easy points next season from all those promotede this!!!!

Gooders
21-04-2002, 03:13 PM
What a shame.

I have a horrid feeling that Cardiff will win the play-offs.

:(

Ridcully
21-04-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
Sh*te result. Reading do not deserve to be in our division. Sir Steve will lead the Bees to the promised land and we will get 18 easy points next season from all those promotede this!!!!

Why is that exactly? Great ground, good club with an excellent catchment area...only team to finish second in div 1 in recent times and not be promoted!!! Well done the R's, hope Brentford win the play-offs but Reading definately deserve to go up.

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2002, 10:52 PM
anyone going to the play-off games????

lightweight
26-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
anyone going to the play-off games????

home game next Wed - yep!

Twyford Bee
28-04-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Ridcully
only team to finish second in div 1 in recent times and not be promoted!!!

There was another team who came 2nd that year and didn't go up, though they were a division below. I wonder who that could have been :grrr: :veryangry

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-05-2002, 11:10 PM
Anyone going to cardiff say Aye.........

Aye! :) :p

Bobby Dandruff
04-05-2002, 11:29 PM
I Can't think why any true Palace fan would want Ron Noades team to be promoted, Come on Reading!

lightweight
05-05-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Dandruff
I Can't think why any true Palace fan would want Ron Noades team to be promoted, Come on Reading!

errr - aren't you a bit behind there!! Reading already having been promoted!!

Anyway - doesn't the fact that Steve Coppell manages the team override the Ron Noades factor - no matter how much some people might dislike him?

COME ON YOU BEES!

NewRoadBee
06-05-2002, 01:08 AM
excuse my ignorance but how many Eagles are following the Bees on a regular basis?
This is fascinating. Sir Steve must be one of the game`s MOST respected people i`d guess.

biggus mickus
06-05-2002, 01:20 AM
We will always be Palace.
Steve gave us loyalty and fun. We quite like loyalty, shame we are not getting it.:sob:
Come on Sir Steve, get the bee's up.:D

cumbrian_eagles
06-05-2002, 01:27 AM
We were thinking about going to the match but Selhurst 300's away... so feel free to join us in Kendal's sports bar :p Cumbrian_Eagles_Snr will get the drinks in :D

cumbrian_eagles
06-05-2002, 04:01 AM
Cos C_E jr is broke! :hmph:

Richard
07-05-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by NewRoadBee
excuse my ignorance but how many Eagles are following the Bees on a regular basis?
This is fascinating. Sir Steve must be one of the game`s MOST respected people i`d guess.

I wouldn't say a regular basis, but I went to the Reading game and I'm going to Cardiff. Brentford are now the proverbial "first result I look for" when getting back home from a Palace game. Of course this may change should Coppell not be there next season, but in the meantime, the (er, positive mental) attitude he has instilled within the Brentford squad on zero budget and despite losing players etc. is nothing short of wonderful.

Anerley Eagle
07-05-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Anyone going to cardiff say Aye.........

Aye! :) :p

Aye :p

ruediger
07-05-2002, 08:20 PM
This pro-Bees hype is beyond me.

Yes, they are a nice little club.
True, Coppell has worked wonders on a shoestring budget.
And it's a fact that the Bees have never stung our Eagles.

Same applies to many other clubs in the Football League.

So what?

First step to cheat on one's partner?

Daddy Long
07-05-2002, 08:22 PM
No. Supporting a Palace Legend when there is no more Palace to support until the start of next season.

You support another team don't you. Cheating on Palace with your German wench?

John Smith
07-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Go on Stoke

Why why why Delilah.....

James O'Connor to break Bees hearts

ruediger
07-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
No. Supporting a Palace Legend when there is no more Palace to support until the start of next season.

You support another team don't you. Cheating on Palace with your German wench?

VfB Lübeck is my HOMETOWN club.
Crystal Palace is a class of it's own.

I would NOT want to flirt with neighours FC St. Pauli just because they're managed by a VfB legend.

Daddy Long
07-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Fair enough but its not as if Sir Stevie is managing Millwall or Brighton is it? Its plucky old Brentford, a team that we harbour no ill feeling towards, who also boast a few of our ex players. Can't see any harm in it. Its also another local away match next season :)

Jaffa
07-05-2002, 08:52 PM
James O`Connor is absolute class

I have said for 2 years we should buy him and Graham Barrett of Arsenal.

lightweight
07-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ruediger
True, Coppell has worked wonders on a shoestring budget.

Same applies to many other clubs in the Football League.

the above contradiction probably explains it.

Coppell is a palace hero. He's now at Brentford, a reasonably local club with a nice atmosphere & friendly fans. Why should we not want to support them now? Especially as has been mentioned our football season is now over.

Cleon
07-05-2002, 09:14 PM
I'm going down to Cardiff this weekend to support a real Palace legend, and his new team. I would love to see Coppell bring Brentford to Selhurst Park next season, because it would be an opportunity for Jordan to see the reception that a real manager gets.

There are still tickets available at:

www.beestickets.com

Richard
07-05-2002, 11:26 PM
VfB Lübeck is my HOMETOWN club.
Crystal Palace is a class of it's own.

I would NOT want to flirt with neighours FC St. Pauli just because they're managed by a VfB legend.

Your comments are not incompatible Ruediger. I will, as they say, be a Palace supporter until the day I pop it - however, I've never seen anything wrong with having a second club to have a passing interest in when Palace aren't playing. At university, I went to watch Notts Forest, then QPR for many years when I lived in Shepherds Bush and, for the last eight years, Fulham. I can't get into Fulham any more (too many glory seekers, although I could be on dodgy ground here), so Brentford, managed by a Palace legend are an excellent second club, particularly since I can get to the ground in 15 minutes and they have nice pubs around it. Doesn't affect my love of Palace at all. If Brentford get to Selhurst Park next season, I hope that Coppell (if he's still there) gets the reception he deserves and then gets thrashed. Just because I'm married, it doesn't mean to say that I can't have other friends - to stretch the analogy.

So, me, Anerley Eagle, LLCOOLSTEVE, Cleon and Del Boy. Anyone else coming to Cardiff on Saturday ?

(P.S. Ruediger, I've just remembered that you PM'd me ages ago and I never responded - many apologies, didn't mean to be rude and I did agree with what you were saying ... whatever it was)

NewRoadBee
09-05-2002, 03:59 PM
interesting thread. Saturday`s game is probably the biggest in our history! Talk about shi$ or bust...

If we dont go up its predicted Sir Steve will, understandably, seek an opportunity elsewhere where he wont have to work with both hands tied behind his back (and receive a salary his talents deserve, which aint the case right now). If we make it, there`s a chance SC may stay as the financial outlook wont be (quite) as desperate at GP.
If we dont go up we may struggle to stay up (or even afloat) next year with the likely exodus of a lot of our best players.
I dont want to get drawn into who or how we got in this situation, but it is a VERY BIG game!!!!

Richard
10-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by NewRoadBee
interesting thread. Saturday`s game is probably the biggest in our history! Talk about shi$ or bust...

If we dont go up its predicted Sir Steve will, understandably, seek an opportunity elsewhere where he wont have to work with both hands tied behind his back (and receive a salary his talents deserve, which aint the case right now). If we make it, there`s a chance SC may stay as the financial outlook wont be (quite) as desperate at GP.
If we dont go up we may struggle to stay up (or even afloat) next year with the likely exodus of a lot of our best players.
I dont want to get drawn into who or how we got in this situation, but it is a VERY BIG game!!!!

Completely agree - come on you Bees !!

ruediger
10-05-2002, 03:23 PM
What if SC manages Brighton?
Soft spot for them? No interest in Noades' Bees?

Btw. I wish Brentford luck. Honest. :)

Richard
10-05-2002, 07:25 PM
What if SC manages Brighton?
Soft spot for them? No interest in Noades' Bees?

I did say that I am a Palace fan above all else - thus on principle I would refuse to support Brighton, even if Coppell was managing them and had signed Lombardo, Jansen, Wright, Bright, Cannon, Taylor, Hilaire, Southgate etc.. Same would apply to Chelsea, Man Ure, Millwall, Wimbledon and Charlton.

This whole idea that Coppell might go to Brighton fills me with horror, although I could appreciate that for his career, it may be the best thing for him to do.

As for "Noades' Bees", my sentiments for a club would not be affected by who its chairman was, positively or negatively.

Al From Bromley
10-05-2002, 10:59 PM
I think most football fans have a few clubs they watch out for...and for lots of different reasons. One of the reasons being that Steve Coppell is a genuinely nice guy and a Palace legend AND Brentford are an inoffensive club who it would be nice to play for the first time in the league for years. If he had gone to Brighton it would be impossible to wish him too much success because Brighton are Brighton. Peter Taylor is the only Palace player I ever idolised but when he was their boss I still wanted them to lose. I follow St. Johnstone's fortunes cos my dad's ashes are scattered in the garden of remembrance about 400 yards away from their ground, I follow Orient because they had some close ties with Palace back in the 70's (it was mainly cos Jacko went there originally), I follow Celtic because we used to holiday at the hotel where they trained pre season back in the early 70's and I watch out for Barnet because they were my local team when we lived in Hendon. I am a football fan, Palace are my team but its OK to form allegiances with, or soft spots for, other clubs. its a game not a war...unless its Brighton, Millwall or Charlton of course.

PalaceFan in Alabama
11-05-2002, 07:55 AM
Hope the Bees win along with Norwich. There is only one CRYSTAL PALACE only one CRYSTAL PALACE

sydney eagle
11-05-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Hope the Bees win along with Norwich. There is only one CRYSTAL PALACE only one CRYSTAL PALACE my sentiments exactly PFIA.

Please Stevie,don't go to Brighton:sob:

Celestial Empire
11-05-2002, 05:45 PM
In the "Beesotted" pre-match day interview, SC says he has spoken to nobody and it's all a load of cobblers.

BUNGLE
11-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Stoke 1 up :(

hellsbells
11-05-2002, 05:47 PM
And Stoke have just taken the lead :grrr:

SIR
11-05-2002, 05:53 PM
is there any channel you can actually watch it on!? I cant even find a a station to listen to it on... HELP!

pete eagle
11-05-2002, 06:04 PM
still a while to go, come on you Bees

Jimbo ?
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Not a good start is it - come on Brentford!!!!
supporting a ron noades team???!!!!!! How times change

hellsbells
11-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SIR
is there any channel you can actually watch it on!? I cant even find a a station to listen to it on... HELP!

94.9 London Live?? I'm not sure but worth a try, or 1548 Capital Gold. On ITV dig sport, if it's still working, otherwise not on the box

OOCO
11-05-2002, 06:32 PM
2-0 down.

What has Steve Hunt done to his hair! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

IWCW the return
11-05-2002, 06:36 PM
:sob:

Cleon
11-05-2002, 11:56 PM
Come on you Bees... oh, it's a bit late now.

Brentford can consider themselves a bit unlucky really. Although Stoke were the better footballing team in the first half, they only really created three chances, two of which they scored from, and one of which was a cruel own goal. In the second half, I though Brentford were by far the better side, and had the chances to win the game. Unfortunately it wasn't to be, but c'est la vie. I doubt I would be that philosophical if it was Palace mind.

Oh, and Darryl Powell was very mediocre... he was linked with Palace earlier in the season, but on the basis of today's performance I wouldn't touch him with one of Uncle Ron's golf courses.

Chobham Eagle
12-05-2002, 01:25 AM
What a shame. Steve's return would probably have been the highpoint of next season.

lightweight
13-05-2002, 12:58 AM

Richard
13-05-2002, 01:12 PM
Yes, a big shame. A very enjoyable day out, and I thought that Brentford were unlucky. To my, slightly biased, eyes they looked the better team, but Stoke took it through two rather scrappy goals.

Great stadium, as well.

At least I could sit through a play-off final for once without that acute nervous feeling in my stomach.

budgie
13-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Watched it on telly, Brentford were unlucky, but if they are letting all there players go, Anderson the full back looked a good player.

If SJ and Noades really are talking now, perhaps they could now deal with each other on transfers as well.

John Smith
13-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Personally, i felt that the result was never really in doubt. Stoke looked the better side and Brentford were frankly dissappointing. To label them unlucky seems a little biased as they hardly threatened and never really looked like scoring apart from a good save towards the end when it was a little too late

Anerley Eagle
13-05-2002, 02:16 PM
I think Stoke were the better side on the day. Felt sorry for the Brentford fans next to me. I had a great day out, The ground is amazing and puts the old wembley to shame, Hopefully Palace will be there next year so I can enjoy the day again.