PDA

View Full Version : Michael Duff - Cheltenham Town


Walrus
18-04-2002, 03:26 PM
I've seen the Robins a few times this season. Well organised, not much skill but plenty of graft, simple accurate passing (what's that ?) a big 6'6" lump up front and one quality defender.

That defender is Michael Duff. He's quick, tall, strong in the tackle without being rash, passes simply and well and reads the game very well for such a young player (think he's 22 or thereabouts). He's just got his Northern Ireland cap.

With their manager Steve Cotterill looking certain to move to a bigger club next season Duff and the club may well be open to serious offers even though he'd be a prize asset if they wanted to stay in Div 2.

Anyone else seen him ?

Maybe Mick Mills would be best employed scouting out the young talent in the lower divs now that he isn't going n a jolly to Scandanavia :D

Dartford Lad
18-04-2002, 03:47 PM
I have seen him twice and I think he would be worth a gamble. I know he can play Right Back and Centre Back and I have heard he can play as a Right Midfielder when needed. I think about 400,000 would get him.

Boris the charltonhater
18-04-2002, 09:27 PM
I've never heard of the guy but I'd much prefer us buying young talented players from the lower divisions rather than spending money on old premiership rejects.

Ruskin Old Boy
18-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Boris
I've never heard of the guy but I'd much prefer us buying young talented players from the lower divisions rather than spending money on old premiership rejects.

So you wouldn't have bought Curtis Fleming or Kit Symons to name but 2?

Mister Parks
18-04-2002, 10:41 PM
What about the left back Jamie Victory? I saw him a couple of times before he was injured (knee ligament I think) and was out for most of last season and always thought he looked the part.

The lump up front I presume is Allsop? What chance would he have at a higher level?

Walrus
19-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Mister Parks
What about the left back Jamie Victory? I saw him a couple of times before he was injured (knee ligament I think) and was out for most of last season and always thought he looked the part.

The lump up front I presume is Allsop? What chance would he have at a higher level?

Victory has looked OK in the Robins games I've seen this season, but to be honest he didn't make a huge impression. (he didn't make a bad impression either)

As for Julian Allsop.........carthorse is being fair to him I think. A carthorse that seems to score plenty of goals though :D Think he'd do OK for them in Div 2 next season unless Graham Taylor buys him as cover for Peter Crouch :o

Joe Knight
19-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Walrus


Victory has looked OK in the Robins games I've seen this season, but to be honest he didn't make a huge impression. (he didn't make a bad impression either)

As for Julian Allsop.........carthorse is being fair to him I think. A carthorse that seems to score plenty of goals though :D Think he'd do OK for them in Div 2 next season unless Graham Taylor buys him as cover for Peter Crouch :o

what do we think of Russell Milton?

i met him last week on a stag do. He's my mates future brother-in-law. Top bloke.