PDA

View Full Version : Favourite World Cup song?

Daniel_Nash
19-04-2002, 03:08 AM
Three Lions?

On the Ball?

Back Home?

Any others? I really like Three Lions - both versions. But my current favourite is Keep on Movin' by Five, the World Cup mix. it has radio commentary of some of the goals in the England qualifying campaign. It's really stirring, especially when Beckham curls in the free kick against Greece :D

Oh, and "Boom" by Anastasia is shocking, how dare they associate it with football!! :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

What?
19-04-2002, 03:38 AM
Although i hate to admit it i have to agree with you.

1st Three Lions was best.

A.D.
19-04-2002, 04:22 AM
World in Motion has to be the best.

Jaffa
19-04-2002, 04:33 AM
Yep World In Motion is the best.

John Barnes, ultimate rapper.

Thatch
19-04-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by A.D.
World in Motion has to be the best.

Agreed - I was one of the few who had a World in Motion T-Shirt back then (bought in Brighton urgh) I've still got whats left of it.

There was an article in a freebie English Rag in Sydney that reckons they are going to re-record it with Becks doing the John Barnes Rap!!!!! It was on April 1st though !!!!!

fridge
19-04-2002, 05:29 AM
Have you forgotten Englands Irie by Black Grape (fantastic lyrics) or Eat my Goal by Collapsed Lung (ok last ones not an England song but is ace)

I have a huge soft spot for World in Motion, I was on holiday in Spain just after and they kept playing it in the local nightclub, the London Underground in Fuengirola!

Stavros 69
19-04-2002, 05:36 AM
World in motion by far, John Barns is a god. @' you have to hold the ball and do it right, you can pass and move but do it at the same time'' :D

Love it

Thatch
19-04-2002, 05:41 AM
Something like that anyway:p

Stavros 69
19-04-2002, 05:58 AM
I got board of the ''heyyy baby, woo ha'' song before the palace match so i started to sing world in motion. The steward laughed alot and a few other joined in. It should be brought back for this world cup.

Bring back World in Motion

kit82
19-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Three lions is class, but I have also recently heard Englaterre for this seasons world cup and that is quite catchy too!!!

fridge
19-04-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Stavros 69
I got board of the ''heyyy baby, woo ha'' song before the palace match so i started to sing world in motion. The steward laughed alot and a few other joined in. It should be brought back for this world cup.

Bring back World in Motion

Personally I refuse to sing that Belgium Pop Techno Sh*te, I would like to know WHY anybody would by a song thats production time is the same as its running time

fridge
19-04-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by fridge

Personally I refuse to sing that Belgium Pop Techno Sh*te, I would like to know WHY anybody would by a song thats production time is the same as its running time

Obviously I mean that whoo baby, ooh aah claptrap...

WIM is class BTW

fridge
19-04-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by fridge

Obviously I mean that whoo baby, ooh aah claptrap...

WIM is class BTW

le piddler
19-04-2002, 06:59 AM
Easily World In Motion, the greatest football song ever.
Brings back memories of 3 weeks camping in the Sth France watching England get through to the semi whilst drinking 60p a litre bottles of lager! :p
Glorious days.....:cool:

Axie
30-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Heard "Go England" by someone or other on the radio yesterday. It's a remake of Going Underground by the Jam specifically for the world cup. NOt bad at all, certainly better than We're on the bloody ball by Ant and Dec.

firesign
30-04-2002, 09:02 PM
The Unofficial World Cup Theme (1986) really wicked instrumental track by Colourbox. Should have been a massive hit.

The two guys from Colourbox later formed MARRS and a rather large hit with Pump Up The Volume.

Axie
01-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Try this link for World Cup 2002 cd's and DVD's

http://www.101cd.com/offers/promotion.asp?asptnr=9593&prm=320

I don't think I'll be buying the crooked cockney's new release.