PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Pennant

Eagleplace
23-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Arsenal's trobled midfield Jermaine Pennant, is possibly going up for sale. Perhapes he would be a good purchase for our midfield problems. Hes Fast and likes to run at people and overal a young player with a long and positve carear ahead of him and he wouldnt require a high wage and wouldnt be expensive to buy. personal id love to see him at the club

What do we all think??????

Or what who would u like to see join the club this summer?????

It wasn't me!
23-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Your right he'd be a good buy but I'd doubt he'd go Palace!

mark ambler
23-04-2002, 06:12 PM
i'd like to see Pennant join but I can't see him being interested in palace. He's a England U21 player and I think if he became available there'd be a few premier clubs after him.

I'd like to see us go for an experienced attacking midfielder. Maybe Paul Merson. He's proved he doesn't mind dropping down a division with Middlesbrough. Only problem could be his wages.

Farnboro' Eagle
23-04-2002, 06:13 PM
What's with all othese 'should we buy...' threads today? I know the seson is over, but surely people have other things to do.....(I admit I don't)

Daddy Long
23-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Its the same person starting all of these threads....see the registered dates.....

Eagleplace
23-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Its the same person starting all of these threads....see the registered dates.....

This is my fisrt message?!?!?!?!?!?!
and i was just saying what i think should happen

Chris K
23-04-2002, 06:25 PM
I'd like to see him at Palace, just what we need

Cleon
23-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but this is some prat starting a load of similar threads with nothing better to do with their time. Dwight Yorke, Wes Brown, Jody Morris and now Jermaine Pennant. PLEASE STOP IT.

Public eagle
23-04-2002, 11:48 PM
Ok perhapes he is lying but wouldnt it be great if we could get pennant, i think so :p

Jimbo ?
24-04-2002, 12:13 AM
great buy but not likely

Clapham Grand
24-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Too good and too expensive for us I'm afraid

John Smith
24-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Too much of a party animal.

Saw him last summer in Ayia Napa knobbing around by the pool. Would be a disruptive influence.

zonin2000
24-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by John Smith
Saw him knobbing around by the pool.

:eek:

Lee B
24-04-2002, 02:22 PM
He's got a right to enjoy himself in the closed season hasn't he? My brother saw Rio Ferdinand getting completely off his face (boozing) in Aiya Napa a couple of years ago, doesn't look like it's turned out too bad for him, does it?

On the subject of Pennant he's far too good for us, but I'd love to see him down at Selhurst in red and blue. If he's put up for sale look at a Prem club picking him up, there's too much potential there for it to be any other way.

Pennatn & Gray down the flanks though, hhhhhhmmm genuine wingers... :cool:

It wasn't me!
24-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Too much of a party animal.

Saw him last summer in Ayia Napa knobbing around by the pool. Would be a disruptive influence.

I saw him as well last year, as well as Ashley Cole, Paulo Vernazza (sp?), Julian Gray etc. he was a laugh, so what's you point?? Who would he be influencing? Have you seen the palace lot out on the p!ss?! thought not! :rolleyes:

Si121
24-04-2002, 06:08 PM
As if we'd ever get a player like Jermaine Pennant under Trevor Francis. There's no chance of it. He's too good for palace.

John Smith
24-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!

I saw him as well last year, as well as Ashley Cole, Paulo Vernazza (sp?), Julian Gray etc. he was a laugh, so what's you point?? Who would he be influencing? Have you seen the palace lot out on the p!ss?! thought not! :rolleyes:

Point is footballers should eat salad and drink orange juice and should not be holidaying in results of the Ayia Napa type. How unprofessional

It wasn't me!
24-04-2002, 09:22 PM

Point is footballers should eat salad and drink orange juice and should not be holidaying in results of the Ayia Napa type. How unprofessional

:rolleyes:

hellsbells
24-04-2002, 09:27 PM
On skill and potential - buy buy buy buy buy!

Public eagle
26-04-2002, 12:27 AM
I really dont think hed be that expensive, so i think we'd be in with a chance:D :p

Walrus
28-04-2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Public eagle
I really dont think hed be that expensive, so i think we'd be in with a chance:D :p

Arsenal shelled out 2 million to Notts County for him when he was 15. Can't see them wanting to take too big a loss !

Maybe a season long loan (us paying wages) with a purchase option at the end of it ? I'd like to see Tommy Black given a fair go in the side first though.