PDA

View Full Version : Hoppo to Hibs?

Strathclyde Eagle
24-04-2002, 12:46 PM
Actually from yesterday's Scottish METRO, didn't see it until late last night. Take it with a pinch of salt and remember that Hibs only had just over 7,700 at their home game on Sunday, so how they'd pay his wages is a big question.

Anyway, the article states...

Williamson quiet on move for Hopkin

HIBS boss Bobby Williamson last night refused to be drawn on weekend reports he is eyeing a summer move for former Scotland midfielder David Hopkin.

The 31-year-old former Leeds playmaker is said to be unhappy at Crystal Palace.

Williamson was linked on Sunday with a possible summer swoop for the former Morton player.

However, the Easter Road boss said last night: "I do not get caught up in speculation. There is no point in adding to the stories. The player is under contract with another club."

Jolly Norwegian
24-04-2002, 01:10 PM
If they buy him for something in the region of 400.000 then they'd still be able to pay his wages, no? If not, then just give him away for free, will at least ease our wage bill.

Sir.S.C Remembered
24-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Wahey!!!!Please take Hopkin

B@stad won't even get fit, thats the least a pro can do and that shows us total disrespect

And I don't buy that he's been working hard lately despite 2 decent performances

Cleon
24-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Please tell me it's true. That would be the best peice of news we could possibly hope for - I'm sure Jordan would give him away on a free. Perhaps we could throw Jamie Pollock in for good measure. With the savings on the wage bill of Hopkin, Rodger, Kirovski & Austin, we could get a decent midfielder and still be better off than we were before ITV Digital packed up their bags.

cpfcben
24-04-2002, 07:47 PM
i still find it really hard to believe that he has gone from hero to villan

Dartford Lad
24-04-2002, 07:54 PM
I think we should keep him! Without Rodger and Kirovski next season, we will probably need him at some point.

LLCOOLSTEVE
24-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered

B@stad won't even get fit,

can you prove that????

David of Kent
24-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
I think we should keep him! Without Rodger and Kirovski next season, we will probably need him at some point.

Yeah. Those burger bars in the Holmesdale don't just man themselves.

Boris the charltonhater
24-04-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure this is true. I've heard from a few sources that Hopkin is on his way back to Scotland this summer.

However I don't think we should sell him. What would Pete Eagle do if we sold him?

atlanta eagle
24-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Suppose we'll have to find someone else to put the mascots suit on :)

pete eagle
24-04-2002, 10:45 PM
he has the vision of a great passer but he hasn't recaptured any semblance of form and is lazy in getting back so sell him . I'd like to see someone like Richard Langley come in as a replacement.

24-04-2002, 10:50 PM
No! He could add balance to the team when played properly on the right.

BUNGLE
24-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Looked our best midfielder at West Brom, and played well when he came on v Preston. Maybe starting to regain what he had lost.

zonin2000
24-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
B@stad won't even get fit

Funny that, I was reading the Season Review on the official website and saw this:

What they said: "I was glad David Hopkin scored because he has worked like a beats to get himself fit. He has a terrific attitude and it is great for him to be back after being injured for six weeks." Steve Bruce

But I am inclined to agree with you.

Oh and Richard Langley :p (although he's another lazy git!)

pete eagle
24-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Sven
No! He could add balance to the team when played properly on the right.

no he'd just tip them all over;)

Jimbo ?
26-04-2002, 02:22 AM
to be honest i cant see them getting any where near his wages - wont happen

Cleon
26-04-2002, 02:44 PM
I don't think he's the worst player to wear a Palace shirt, but he's certainly the biggest waste of money. If we can get rid of him, we can get as good a replacement for a lot less money.

Walrus
28-04-2002, 04:30 AM
Hopkin can't go until we've got a good passing midfielder to replace him, and preferably another up-and-coming as backup.

Dillenger
28-04-2002, 05:18 AM
hopkin can go as soon as any chairman/manager is deluded enough to sign the useless lump of sh*t. he couldnt give a monkeys about palace. the sooner we're shot of him the better.

Boris the charltonhater
08-05-2002, 05:35 PM
According to my dad's cousin who is a Partick Thistle season ticket holder, Hopkin could be on his way to Glasgow. :rolleyes:

09-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Dillenger
hopkin can go as soon as any chairman/manager is deluded enough to sign the useless lump of sh*t. he couldnt give a monkeys about palace. the sooner we're shot of him the better.

Wonder whether this is the kind of post that will assist us in recouping much-needed funds by selling players we would like to further their careers elsewhere? Just a thought!