PDA

View Full Version : Panini sticker albums are here

Elephant with mouse gyp
24-04-2002, 05:53 PM
Just a tiny bit sad, but I insist on getting the Panini sticker albums for every World Cup.

During the tournament the stickers come in handy as a completely useless result forecaster. What you do is buy a packet and score that day's game according to how many players fall out from each side. If there's none from either side, you go 0-0. During the full course of Italy 90, this system actually won me some money.

I'll let everyone know when I get Clinton and Greg.

Daddy Long
24-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Marvellous. I think I'll buy one.

Benny B Block
24-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Every World Cup and European Championships I collect the Panini stickers, sort of a collectors item. My brother usually buys me a box of stickers for my birthday and it takes me about two whole days to put them in.

By the time I have stuck them in I can usually send off for the remaining 50, defeats the object I know. No doubt this year won't be any different.

Anyone want my swapsies?

Daddy Long
24-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Yes please guvna

Benny B Block
24-04-2002, 06:13 PM
I'll let you know when I have completed the thing, probably mid June.

Daddy Long
24-04-2002, 06:18 PM
I should have plenty of time for sticker collection. As luck would have it my second child is due on May 20th. With a bit more luck it will be a little late and I'll get the whole World Cup off on a combination of paternity leave and holiday. Merveilleux.

Elephant with mouse gyp
24-04-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Benny B Block
it takes me about two whole days to put them in

Any tips for peeling the backs off the stickers? I always have trouble with this, even when I keep one nail a bit longer than usual.

Swapsies is a great idea.

Sunny Fan
24-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

Swapsies is a great idea.

I'll be there as well, can't wait:)

AJ1969
24-04-2002, 08:10 PM
I think I still have a '78 panini book in a box somewhere - had completely forgotten about it

Parkice
24-04-2002, 08:15 PM
ahhhhhh the memories of sneakily ripping the cardboard forms for getting the last 50 out of as many albums as possible in WHSmiths!!

as for swapsies....

"foils and squads worth 3x players"

Benzhiyi
25-04-2002, 02:50 AM
:eek: You've got me all excited now. I must snap one of these goodies up as soon as possible! :D :p

selhurstparkflyer
25-04-2002, 03:02 AM
I am amazed this is still about- I remember I had the 1980 1st division one with the Team of the Eighties :)

Benzhiyi
25-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Well, I went out today and splashed out a massive 4.25 on the album and 8 packs of stickers, and felt about ten again in the process- which wasn't all that bad actually.

Wouldn't you know it, I already have Fan Zhiyi. Maybe if I get any swaps of him - or Jovan Kirovski for that matter - I could start creating my own Crystal Palace dartboard, with Steve Bruce's photo from my season ticket as the Bullseye? Now there's an idea...

Daddy Long
25-04-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm jealous. I will buy mine tomorrow.

lightweight
25-04-2002, 10:04 PM
tempted to go and buy one now!!

I remember when I was about 10 a boy at school giving me lots of his football stickers - I reckon he only wanted to come round and play with my scaletrix (can't think how to spell it) but it was quite sweet!! A mate of mine kept pestering me to give her a Glenn Hoddle one!

hellsbells
25-04-2002, 10:19 PM
Oooohhh will have to go and get one :D The best thing about Wotsits (i think it's them) is that if your lucky there are 3 football stickers in them! Back to the good old days :)

lightweight
26-04-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by hellsbells
Oooohhh will have to go and get one :D The best thing about Wotsits (i think it's them) is that if your lucky there are 3 football stickers in them! Back to the good old days :)

better start stocking up on wotsits in that case!! :)

Steve in Phoenix
26-04-2002, 03:44 AM
Heh I used to be obsessed with that.. how frustrating was it to save up and buy loads and only get about one original you were missing and crap ones at that. Or be missing a star like Paul Gascoigne for years (well weeks but it felt like years). Not to mention getting annoying quintuples of somebody like Des Lyttle and opening a new packet and getting another one..

Thinking about it.. what an absolute marketing con the whole thing is! Stroke of genius.. maybe I'll get one too.

What?
26-04-2002, 04:00 AM
I remember one year in the premiership ones the Crystal Palace Logo shiney was really rare, and then i got it twice in 2 packs!

It was the best day of my life!

I wouldnt swa that sticker for anything!

Ashfordian Eagle
26-04-2002, 05:20 AM
This is quite an amazing thread. Once you start reading it, all of a sudden it becomes very appealing. I remember once, if you went in a shop and brought a big wad, the lady would just ask how many packs were there and never count them, what a scam. I got caught though one day when shopping with my mother and so my Dad ripped up my whole album. B*stard:grrr:
Anyway, it's my little boys first world cup, that will be my excuse. Even if he is only 2 1/2.:p

Elephant with mouse gyp
26-04-2002, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I'm going for the kids angle as an excuse. It's a valuable introduction to world georgraphy, I feel.

Be careful of those Wotsits stickers - they're Johnny-come-lately Merlin efforts. True believers must hold fast to Papa Panini.

Daddy Long
26-04-2002, 02:11 PM
I remember the days when I used to have duplicates of Malcolm Shotten and John Aldridge when they played for Oxford inthe top division. I think I've still got a few of those stickers stored away somewhere. Buying mine at lunchtime :):afro:

Benny B Block
26-04-2002, 02:15 PM

Be careful of those Wotsits stickers - they're Johnny-come-lately Merlin efforts.

Devils spawn :veryangry

AddiscombeEagle
26-04-2002, 02:16 PM
I am going to buy one today, is it actually Panini or a different make that everyone has got?

Elephant with mouse gyp
26-04-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
I am going to buy one today, is it actually Panini or a different make that everyone has got?

Definitely Panini.

Be firm if your newsagent tries to fob you off with Merlin's England World Cup album.

AddiscombeEagle
26-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I will resist the dark side

Spanish Dan
26-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I remember the days when I used to have duplicates of Malcolm Shotten and John Aldridge when they played for Oxford inthe top division. I think I've still got a few of those stickers stored away somewhere. Buying mine at lunchtime :):afro:

Ahh memories! That must have been Football 86 - the only one I ever completed. I never thought I'd remember Malcolm Shotton in such a fond way - didn't he have some big gay moustache and looked more like an army colonel?

I also owe Panini's Football 86 a debt of gratitude for germinating my hatred of Alan Curbishley. For some reason I had a whole fistful of swapsies of him and have hated him ever since.

Daddy Long
26-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Spanish Dan

Ahh memories! That must have been Football 86 - the only one I ever completed. I never thought I'd remember Malcolm Shotton in such a fond way - didn't he have some big gay moustache and looked more like an army colonel?

I also owe Panini's Football 86 a debt of gratitude for germinating my hatred of Alan Curbishley. For some reason I had a whole fistful of swapsies of him and have hated him ever since.

I think thats the one and its also the only one I ever completed. I seem to remember having a glut of Steve Hodge and having to wait bloody ages to get an Ian Rush.

And yes, Malcolm Shotton did have a real village people moustache and a nice wave in his bouffon.

AddiscombeEagle
26-04-2002, 02:45 PM
I always remember getting lots of St Mirren players, and because it was scotland two players had to share a sticker.

mark ambler
26-04-2002, 02:52 PM
I can't believe that because of this thread I'm going to be 50 odd quid worse off after my lunch today. How much does a packet cost now?

So have Merlin and Panini produced albums? Obviously Panini is the Daddy of the sticker book world. Not only does it produce the better books but it's also educational in that it lists the names of each country in several languages.

I wonder if the players from China, Saudi etc will have no DOB or place of birth like in the old days.

Elephant with mouse gyp
26-04-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by mark ambler
China, Saudi etc will have no DOB or place of birth like in the old days.

The thrill I got when I first flicked through the pages of this year's album was given an extra boost when it seemed for all the world that Panini had decided to iron out the one flaw in their game and provide double page spreads for all teams. Alas, it was not to be. But the surprise was that they deemed Russia worthy of only one page, while Saudi took the double.

Another key aspect of the whole Panini experience is to work out how far in advance they got the thing together, given the many incorrect selections they make for the various squads.

One of my fondest memories is of the Hungary or Bulgaria - can't remember which - team from 1986. Every single player had a mullet and tache.

mark ambler
26-04-2002, 03:49 PM
One of my earlest memories is telling my mum that I wanted to swap Steve Archabald because he looked so ugly in the 82 book. She then told me that your only meant to swap players if you've already got them stuck in.

Benzhiyi
26-04-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by mark ambler
I can't believe that because of this thread I'm going to be 50 odd quid worse off after my lunch today. How much does a packet cost now?

So have Merlin and Panini produced albums? Obviously Panini is the Daddy of the sticker book world. Not only does it produce the better books but it's also educational in that it lists the names of each country in several languages.

I wonder if the players from China, Saudi etc will have no DOB or place of birth like in the old days.

The album is 1.45 and the sticker packets are 35p each.

There are a few players missing their DOBs and places of birth but generally it's good. Only thing is in places the researchers have forgotten to add what nation a player was born in if it was outside their home nation; eg most Irish players born over here have an (ENG) after their place of birth, except for Clinton - one Panini researcher clearly thinks Tooting is somewhere outside Dublin!!!!!

Daddy Long
26-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Clinton and Berhalter must surely be worth at least double in swapsies.

AddiscombeEagle
26-04-2002, 05:14 PM
I have been in Croydon at Lunch and no where sells it, I didn't make it to Smith's but the newsagents I went in didn't have it, one tried to sell me the Merlin one but I resisted. Any help anyone on where you got yours.

Daddy Long
26-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Will they sell it in Smiths? And the stickers? I'm heading out for lunch soon, will tell all on my return :)

mark ambler
26-04-2002, 05:20 PM
There's no Smith's at Canary Wharf and the newsagents didn't stock it. looks like I won't be able to waste my friday afternoon sticking in my stickers.

AddiscombeEagle
26-04-2002, 05:24 PM
http://www.panini.co.uk/

Benny B Block
26-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

The album is 1.45 and the sticker packets are 35p each.

Now that is inflation! One of my earliest memories of Panini stickers was every sunday my dad would take me the newsagent in Sanderstead fondly known then as 'Daves' and hand me a quid which bought me a whole 10 packs. It made my week. When the price went to 12p I became a wizz at 12 times tables in primary school. Ahh, those were the days.

Duke
26-04-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Benny B Block

Anyone want my swapsies?

got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

oh happy days!:p

mark ambler
26-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Espana 82 stickers were 6p for 4 stickers.

hellsbells
26-04-2002, 06:29 PM

Be careful of those Wotsits stickers - they're Johnny-come-lately Merlin efforts. True believers must hold fast to Papa Panini.

So they are! :grrr: I refuse to cross to the darkside!

Benzhiyi
26-04-2002, 08:59 PM
I have been in Croydon at Lunch and no where sells it, I didn't make it to Smith's but the newsagents I went in didn't have it, one tried to sell me the Merlin one but I resisted. Any help anyone on where you got yours.

I got mine in GOA (affectionately known to me as Sutton) WHSmiths, where they seem to stock every collection in the land.

HOWEVER, I am staying at my girlfriend's today up in Bloomsbury (near Euston), and I have just all the way down to Oxford Circus and back in search of stickers and not a single place has any in stock! Even WH Smith's in the Plaza on Oxford Street were out, and a couple of places said they were being delivered on Tuesday!

It seems you can buy anything in Central London except bloody Panini stickers... :veryangry

AddiscombeEagle
29-04-2002, 06:16 PM
W H Smiths in Croydon, I thank you.

I now have my album and first five packets. I am looking forward to getting home and seeing if I have got Clinton.

Swopsies, here we come

Benzhiyi
29-04-2002, 06:31 PM
W H Smiths in Croydon, I thank you.

I now have my album and first five packets. I am looking forward to getting home and seeing if I have got Clinton.

Swopsies, here we come

I got Clinton this morning. Still no sign of Gregg though, although I do have Nigel Martyn in swap. :p

I have 31 swops in total now, so if anyone wants to meet up over a pint to shout "Got Got Need" sometime in the near future drop me a PM! :D ;)

mark ambler
29-04-2002, 06:39 PM
Bought a sticker book and box of stickers Saturday in Smiths. No Clinton yet. Have only opened about ten packs so far. think I may need more packets though cause 100 packs ony have 600 stickers and there 570 something to collect. I know you can send of for 50 but still.

Elephant with mouse gyp
29-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

I got Clinton this morning.

I know where you live.

Benzhiyi
29-04-2002, 10:02 PM

I know where you live.

ok ok... how about I give you my swap of Mark Kinsella to keep everything sweet..... :o ;) :D

zonin2000
30-04-2002, 08:52 PM
just got mine...

you'll never guess who the first sticker was!

Axie
30-04-2002, 08:55 PM
My son (ahem) got Fan and Sun in his 2nd packet but no sign of Clinton yet. He did point out to me that Kirovski was in the USA squad pictures, something I had completely overlooked.

AddiscombeEagle
30-04-2002, 08:57 PM
I got the England badge in Foil!!!!!!!!

Son of Selhurst
30-04-2002, 09:07 PM
We had a sweepstake at work for the France 98 album. Things like :

1) Who got the World Cup sticker first - 1 pint from the others

2) First to fill a team (so to speak!) - 3 pints from the others

3) First to fill the book - curry night and beer, all paid for by the others

Needless to say number 3 never happened, and that's because we noticed that the Spanish players were 'pop-up' cards rather than stickers, and there was NO Iranian players at all in any of the packets!

Oh, and Paul Gascoigne was in the team, even though he'd been dropped by Hoddle for being too fat and crap.

Eagle Kneevil
30-04-2002, 09:09 PM
[i]One of my fondest memories is of the Hungary or Bulgaria - can't remember which - team from 1986. Every single player had a mullet and tache. [/B]

Ah, but what about the bearded New Zealanders of '82???

I remember going to France on a day trip back in the early Eighties with my folks and buying the French league equivalent. That's devotion to the cause and if memory serves me correct it was also done by "Papa Panini".

Romeo Zondervan always carried a high price at my school because of his ridiculous name and because he looked like :afro:

Ruskin Old Boy
01-05-2002, 12:46 PM
Lovely thread, brings out the schoolboy in us all :D Anyone for a Paul Madeley? ;)

Duke
01-05-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Lovely thread, brings out the schoolboy in us all :D Anyone for a Paul Madeley? ;)

Who?

Richards Brother?!?;)

Elephant with mouse gyp
01-05-2002, 01:18 PM

I think you're delving into the regions of Esso coins there.

Didn't Madeley do time after his football career?

Ruskin Old Boy
01-05-2002, 01:59 PM

I think you're delving into the regions of Esso coins there.

Didn't Madeley do time after his football career?

Yes, he was very common currency at the time :) Don't remember him doing time, but then didn't take much of an interest in ex Leeds players.

New_Malden_Eagle
08-05-2002, 07:49 PM
How's the collecting going everyone?
I think I may get an album this afternoon

AddiscombeEagle
08-05-2002, 07:52 PM
I am struggling to find stockists who sell the stickers in Croydon

What?
08-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Surely the thread of the year!

Has anybody else downloaded the "memories" screensaver. It has all the albums and the cool stickers from every world cup year!

Benzhiyi
08-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by New_Malden_Eagle
How's the collecting going everyone?
I think I may get an album this afternoon

I am about 200 away from completing... seems to never end!

If anyone wants to swap (genuinely) I have about 100 swaps - if people are serious I'll make a list and put it on here...

lightweight
08-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Haven't bought one yet - but might still do! Just for a larf!

zonin2000
08-05-2002, 11:00 PM
I got Jovan today- the 'Cristal Palace' player

08-05-2002, 11:06 PM
Can anyone give me a stockist in Croydon, I have only managed to get 5 packets so far

Elephant with mouse gyp
09-05-2002, 02:21 PM
I'm about a third of the way there. Still no Clinton, Greg or Jovan.

If my Panini gods are anything to go by, England and Croatia start strong favourites for the World Cup with Saudi Arabia claiming a shock third place. Even more surprisingly it looks like France and Italy will fail to move past the first round.

Definitely up for swaps.

09-05-2002, 08:08 PM
I have got my first swap, the German team picture.

12-05-2002, 12:53 PM
These stickers take me back to my childhood days.

I'd never have believed a balding middle-aged rabbi would get frantic fingers ripping open the 2.75 multi-packs of stickers, but I have.

I've opened eight of these sticker packs so far. That's 384 stickers in total. The first four packs were great as I only got a handful of doubles. Then, yesterday, I opened a bottle of red wine, sent the children out of the room and started on the next lot. A feeling of immense disappointment soon began hit me, as I got my 5th Luis Figo double, my 7th Sami Al-Jabar and still no Argentinian players, apart from Hernan Jorge Crespo! I did get a boost of renewed optimism when I got some of the prized silver stickers(always the top card), but was quickly brought back down to earth with my ninth Tomasz Waldoch. Out of 192 stickers from that sticker session I got about 120 doubles.

I have got most of the Tunisians in my album, 13 Belgians, and 12 Saudis but nobody at all from Senegal. It never works out an even spread with Panini.

I've got about half of the album completed now.

Is it only a maximum of 50 stickers Panini will send to one address complete your set? Or, can you order more than that nowadays?

I'd be more than happy to swop the terrifyingly ugly Bernard Tchoutang(381) for Sticker No.1, The FIFA World Cup.

MadUnregisteredRabbiinaCrimsonVolvoForSomeUnknownR eason?

Elephant with mouse gyp
20-05-2002, 06:14 PM
Six shops tried this weekend - all sold out.

Still no Clinton, Fan or Jovan.

Anyone been clearing out the newsagents of Balham befroe I get there? One shopkeeper told me someone had just been in and bought three full boxes minutes before my arrival.

g23
20-05-2002, 06:24 PM
(cackle)

Look out for sticker IPOs in upcoming days and weeks on my new site:

www.stickerstocks.co.uk

g23
20-05-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Kneevil
Romeo Zondervan always carried a high price at my school because of his ridiculous name and because he looked like :afro:

:D Ditto Ruben Agboola.

AddiscombeEagle
20-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Can anyone give me a stockist in Croydon, I have only managed to get 5 packets so far

There is a newsagent if you are heading towards West Croydon just before the Arkwrights wheel that has stock. WH Smiths are rubbish.

MadRabbiinaCrimsonVolvo
21-05-2002, 02:20 AM
I've got about 250 stickers to swap if anyone is interested. Includes a couple of Clintons. Let me know what numbers you need and I'll do likewise.

RDSdaEAGLE
22-05-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by g23
(cackle)

Look out for sticker IPOs in upcoming days and weeks on my new site:

www.stickerstocks.co.uk

Gavin, the link doesn't work :sob:

:)

lightweight
22-05-2002, 05:05 PM
I found somewhere that stocked the stickers at last (I'm sure you could make some sort of tongue twister out of that!)

bucketbongeagle
22-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Do they still smell the same ? I was totally addicted to the glue on the back, in fact im having a major flashback/relapse thanks to this thread, don't think I can resist it much longer, I can smell them now hmmmmmm Panini stickers

Son of Selhurst
24-05-2002, 12:30 AM
I can't get stickers anywhere round here. They all sell the albums but no-one can get the stickers! Even the newsagent I used has sold out and not got any more in in the last three deliveries.

I got Greg Berhalter in my first pack last month.....

AddiscombeEagle
17-06-2002, 04:23 PM
I have completed my first three teams.

Happy Days:p

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Ok, here's a quiz question for Panini fans which I made up after digging out the 1990 album:

Which four players are featured in both the 1990 and 2002 Panini sticker albums?

AddiscombeEagle
17-06-2002, 07:06 PM
Seaman

GOD
17-06-2002, 07:06 PM
I can't find anywhere selling them :sob: :sob: :sob:

GOD
17-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Seaman

rude! - where's a moderator when you need one ;)

AddiscombeEagle
17-06-2002, 07:08 PM
Maldini

Daddy Long
17-06-2002, 07:08 PM
Wilmots?

Feather
17-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Steve Staunton?

Niall Quinn?

Sunny Fan
17-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Jarni
Staunton
Maldini

Twyford Bee
17-06-2002, 07:19 PM
How much do you actually have to spend on stickers (roughly) to get to less than 50 from the end? My mate and I shared collection for the Merlin 95 Premier League album (AFAIK there was no Panini one) and we stupidly sent off the last 50 card before we only had 50 left (10 year olds do stupid things), meaning we were eventually left 6 short out of 239 :sob:

Don't share a collection either, your mate will always con you out of getting to keep it.

I think I saw a book of Panini albums advertised somewhere (dunno if it was Italian League or World Cup) but it was something ridiculous like 60 per volume.

Feather
17-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Claudio Caniggia?

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Maldini and Staunton are correct.

Sunny Fan
17-06-2002, 07:29 PM
Cafu?

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Okay, the doubts are now setting in. I'm pretty sure all other answers so far except Staunton and Maldini are wrong, but... let me check tonight.

Feather
17-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Is there a South Korean in both?

Sunny Fan
17-06-2002, 07:37 PM
Okay, the doubts are now setting in. I'm pretty sure all other answers so far except Staunton and Maldini are wrong, but... let me check tonight.
Give Robert Jarni the once-over, but with Yugoslavia (Prosinecki maybe as well?)

AddiscombeEagle
17-06-2002, 07:41 PM
There will be a Costa Rican, I think his name is Hernan Mendford or something like that.

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:42 PM
Yes, Jarni bothers me, but I can say with certainty that neither Prosenecki or a South Korean is in both.

Feather
17-06-2002, 07:44 PM
I think Caniggia and Niall Quinn were in both squads as well. I wouldn't put a picture of Niall Quinn in though.

Daddy Long
17-06-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Wilmots?

?

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Wilmots - no.
Quinn - no; he may have been in the real squad but Papa Panini didn't rate him.
Cafu - no.
Caniggia - don't think so but will check.

Sunny Fan
17-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Luis Hernandez (Mexico)?

Sunny Fan
17-06-2002, 07:49 PM
Fernando Hierro?

Twyford Bee
17-06-2002, 07:50 PM
There's a guy on Ebay flogging one of every sticker (no album) for 39.99 reserve. It's mine, all mine!

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:54 PM
Christ Sunny, your instant recall of events 12 years ago shows you have recovered from Thailand quickly, though obviously not enough to do some work!

Hierro - no.
Hernandez - another one to check tonight, but not among the other two I am thinking of.

Daddy Long
17-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Di Livio?

Elephant with mouse gyp
17-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Di Livio - no.

Feather
17-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Suker?

17-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Christ Sunny, your instant recall of events 12 years ago shows you have recovered from Thailand quickly, though obviously not enough to do some work!

Hierro - no.
Hernandez - another one to check tonight, but not among the other two I am thinking of.
Have checked through my 200+emails received, watched the Brazil game in Bar Salsa (great atmosphere there) and now have reached the point where I really should get down to some productive work, so last guess of the day will have to be the ever-colouful Jorge Campos
(PS Thailand was great:) )

Sunny Fan
17-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

Have checked through my 200+emails received, watched the Brazil game in Bar Salsa (great atmosphere there) and now have reached the point where I really should get down to some productive work, so last guess of the day will have to be the ever-colouful Jorge Campos
(PS Thailand was great:) )
Der.
I'll claim that post

Daddy Long
17-06-2002, 08:22 PM
Onopko?

Elephant with mouse gyp
18-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Right, I now have the definitive list.

Mancini and Staunton you already know about.

Sunny was right to go for Prosinecki.

I was wrong to say there was not a South Korean. My excuse is that they changed the order of the words in his name between times.

My prize for best effort so far goes to Addiscombe who came up with Hernan Medford.

That's the lot, in fact, but I'll let you have a go at which South Korean it was.

Two things I've learned from this little bit of fun - if you want replies to a thread, incude a quiz element, and if you include a quiz element, don't forget the answers.

Ruskin Old Boy
20-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Get your Italian player stickers before its too late.

"Italy's players have disappeared from the finals - and now their pictures are going out of circulation. This is protest Panini-style, with the Italian publisher so outraged at the manner of the Azzurri's elimination that it is withdrawing 2million stickers from sale. Their director Umberto Leone fumed: "We were indignant after the South Korea game which went against the image of clean football we have promoted. Clients have called to say they back the decision." Collectors still clamouring to add stickers of Francesco Totti, Alessandro del Piero and Christian Vieri have about 10 days to act. "

g23
20-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Panini aside, Tony Meola played for the US in Italia 90 and is their third keeper in Korea.

Elephant with mouse gyp
20-06-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by g23
Panini aside,

Did not compute.

Blind_Eagle
20-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Collectors still clamouring to add stickers of Francesco Totti, Alessandro del Piero and Christian Vieri have about 10 days to act. "

Which, happily for Panini, means they will still be on sale until the World Cup Final has been played.... :rolleyes: Only now they have had worldwide advertising thrown in for free.

Goldberg Basher
30-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Anyone got any swaps left over from the 2002 World Cup Album?...

Benzhiyi
30-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Goldberg Basher
Anyone got any swaps left over from the 2002 World Cup Album?...

Yes, loads somewhere. I'll have a look for them. How many do you need?

Goldberg Basher
30-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Well I'm starting from scratch so if you can spare them I'll take them all...:)