PDA

View Full Version : Foreign language chants and comments.

Elephant with mouse gyp
25-04-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to these - about the only one I remember is 'Visca el Barca!' but that won't be very useful in the World Cup.

Really what I'm after is football sayings in Spanish, the kind of thing I can shout at the TV when (miss this next bit out if you wear the three lions) Argentina beat England and everyone else.

As well as the things Argentine (and Spanish, Uruguayan etc.) fans say, I could do with translations for things like: 'Go on, go on', 'Shoot you idiot', 'Where's the bloody ref from,' and 'Blow up ref, I'm desperate for the toilet.'

El Aguila
26-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to these - about the only one I remember is 'Visca el Barca!' but that won't be very useful in the World Cup.

Really what I'm after is football sayings in Spanish, the kind of thing I can shout at the TV when (miss this next bit out if you wear the three lions) Argentina beat England and everyone else.

As well as the things Argentine (and Spanish, Uruguayan etc.) fans say, I could do with translations for things like: 'Go on, go on', 'Shoot you idiot', 'Where's the bloody ref from,' and 'Blow up ref, I'm desperate for the toilet.'
Well, here are some choice phrases for you, EMG. You could shout "Boludos tramposos" when one of their forwards takes a dive in the box, "Mételo con la mano, como siempre" when a cross comes into the England box. At the end of the game you can say "Tomad cabrones, que los tres leones os han chingado uno por uno".
Hope this helps...... I'll be watching the game with my mate from Argentina and look forward to using all these phrases.

Elephant with mouse gyp
26-04-2002, 04:39 PM
Thanks for those.

There's a woman in the office who speaks Spanish so I hope you don't mind if I run these past her in case you've sold me a pup in an attempt to say something disgusting.

El Aguila
26-04-2002, 04:51 PM
As if I would! But bear in mind that this is Argentinian Spanish, OK, maybe you should just save the phrases for when your watching the England game in a bar full of supporters of your adopted team - just to let them know you're with them all the way.