PDA

View Full Version : I need Ideas

Polish Prancer
28-04-2002, 09:14 AM
I will be attending the England v Argentina game this coming world cup.I wish to go dressed in suitable patriotic attaire.
As I will be back in Bangkok before Japan I will be able to get any item of clothing made specially for me.
I cannot think of a better place than the BBS to give me ideas on what to go as.
I know people are going dressed as England Elvis etc. but I want something original.
Many thanks in advance,
i await your creative input.

Samo*
28-04-2002, 09:17 AM
Hong Kong Phooey?

sydney eagle
28-04-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Polish Prancer
I will be attending the England v Argentina game this coming world cup. Rubbing it in eh mate?;) :D

don't blame you,wish i was going to be there:sob:

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
28-04-2002, 12:08 PM
How about dressing up as Margaret Thatcher :D

johanncryuff
28-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Get a dress like Geri's at the Brits but with a George Cross rather than a UJ. And on the back the date of the game, and the date of the Belgrano sinking. There is definitely an anniversary of something immense in the falklands 20 years ago, the day of that game. Trawl the net and find out!!

Random*
28-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Go dressed as a giant hot dog... or a carrot... or some other completely comedic costume... Then dance around a lot.

You'll get on the telly a lot, and remembered by thousands of people the world over. Plus it'll be dead funny.

28-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Get a T-shirt with the Falklands on it.

29-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Random*
Go dressed as a giant hot dog... or a carrot... or some other completely comedic costume... Then dance around a lot.

You'll get on the telly a lot, and remembered by thousands of people the world over. Plus it'll be dead funny.

This I like but can there be one with a connection to England as well?

Daddy Long
29-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Go dressed as a giant World Cup

CK
29-04-2002, 04:36 PM
Tin of corned beef???

brighton_eagle
29-04-2002, 04:45 PM
What could be more English than........

A JAR OF MARMITE

:p

PalaceFan in Alabama
29-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Get a T shirt with a big air bubble on top of the water and under it have "The Good Ship Belgrano was here" or a Harrier or Royal Marine and the following: "We came, We saw and We conquered".

What is the difference between an Argentine Footballer & Soldier:
"They are both light on their feet, dive a lot, and one will go over the top and the other will not"!

nicky
29-04-2002, 07:22 PM
"Evita was a ****"

johanncryuff
30-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by nicky
"Evita was a ****"

QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Eva Peron sucks D**k" - on a george Cross dress, with a picture of the Belgrano on the back. And a picture of Susan Barrantes(?) going down on a border collie. and.... and..... and......

Or am I going OTT:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Polish Prancer
01-05-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by johanncryuff

"Eva Peron sucks D**k" - on a george Cross dress, with a picture of the Belgrano on the back. And a picture of Susan Barrantes(?) going down on a border collie. and.... and..... and......

I think i need half a chance of being able to get into the game seeing as the police will be wound up so much thanks to our media.
Still I admire the enthusiasm:D

Ruskin Old Boy
02-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by nicky
"Evita was a ****"

Supporters of an Italian team - whose name escapes me - unveiled a similar banner when they played at Verona: "Juliet was a s***". Caused no end of fun :D

As their country is almost bankrupt something that expresses their lack of cash and that England is rolling in it....;)

David of Kent
02-05-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by johanncryuff

No way are you going OTT....those would be brilliant for selling in the pubs in England in the build up to the game. I want one now :p

Random*
06-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
This I like but can there be one with a connection to England as well?

Go dressed up as a Lion then.

Or write to Crosse and Blackwell asking if they've got any Branston Pickle costumes.

But the Hotdog would be funny - the Japanese have a great sense of humour if you get it right.