PDA

View Full Version : Palace Left Back Going To Reading ?

wedgetail
29-04-2002, 03:22 PM
I have heard a rumour that one of our left backs is going to Reading. As Granville is too good and Harrison is still crocked I can only imagine that it must be Frampton.

Daddy Long
29-04-2002, 03:23 PM
No great loss if true.

pedro
29-04-2002, 04:19 PM
I think the injury to Harrison is the only reason he survived the recent mass cull of reserve players. I would be very surprised if he is still at Palace come next season.

arussell
29-04-2002, 04:38 PM
I did hear that Harrison had been offered a year's contract extension (as also happened to Darren Pitcher when he had a long term injury) so I don't think you'll find it'll be him.

Would also be surprised anyway - since Reading already have two adequate left sided defenders.

One left sided Palace player that they are interested in though is Simon Rodger.

Crossed wires perhaps ?

Dobbo
29-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by arussell

One left sided Palace player that they are interested in though is Simon Rodger.

Crossed wires perhaps ?
Did Jolly ever play in the same team as Super Al ?

cpfcben
29-04-2002, 05:17 PM
both harrison and frampton are absolute sh!te so would be happy for them both to go

Will S
29-04-2002, 05:19 PM

Crossed wires perhaps ?

Our loss, and Reading's gain, if true

wedgetail
29-04-2002, 05:22 PM
Would also be surprised anyway - since Reading already have two adequate left sided defenders.

the source of the roumor also said he was surprised himself for the above reason.

David of Kent
29-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Dobbo

Did Jolly ever play in the same team as Super Al ?

I don't think they did. Jolly played in the 1st team the same time in the game away to Sheffield Wednesday (around October) which was one of Gabbiadini's first games (fat forward was subbed! We lost 4-1)

That was the season we finished mid table (the season after we finished 3rd). I think Pardew had gone to Clownton the summer before.

g23
29-04-2002, 06:11 PM
Framps has been playing midfield a lot lately.

Santos
29-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Frampton only got a contract at Palace because he lived next door to Ron Noades. He is no great loss and would be one of the first players i would release if i was TF.

Jimbo ?
29-04-2002, 06:58 PM
frampton isnt going to make the grade so no big loss - we have better players in that position - framps wouldnt be playing for us again anyway