PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United - What's Your Favoured Outcome?

Cleon
30-04-2002, 03:00 PM
I''m torn. Whilst clearly wanted United to suffer a five goal hammering from Leverkusen, it would surely be just as funny to see United sneak through, but with Roy Keane picking up another yellow card that would rule him out of the final for the second time. What do you want from tonight?

Polish Prancer
30-04-2002, 03:07 PM
United Winning can only help the confidence of the England Players.
So that's what Im hoping for.

anti-addick
30-04-2002, 03:12 PM
I don't want them to go through, the less games played there is less risk to England players for injury. Barring that i'd love to see that tosser Roy Keane miss the WC on the basis that he's such a c*nt.

sydney eagle
30-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by anti-addick
Barring that i'd love to see that tosser Roy Keane miss the WC on the basis that he's such a c*nt. so true:p

AddiscombeEagle
30-04-2002, 03:15 PM
I want Man Utd to win the whole thing, English clubs first. I have no real reason to dislike Man Yoo any more

sydney eagle
30-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
I want Man Utd to win the whole thing, English clubs first. I have no real reason to dislike Man Yoo any more agree totally.

budgie
30-04-2002, 03:25 PM
As long as they don't win the league, I don't begrudge them winning the euro cup.

I must point out though I think that last option is in bad taste, and should be removed.

Sunny Fan
30-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by budgie
I must point out though I think that last option is in bad taste, and should be removed.
Agree. Edited.

David of Kent
30-04-2002, 03:37 PM
It was being reported on Radio FiveLive this morning that if any of the players on yellow cards tonight get a yellow they're suspended for the final but that if they get a red they're punishment is sufficiently served on the night and they'll be ok for the final! If this is true and you're on a yellow with a couple of minutes left and safe.....you'll have license for some pretty fine kicking. ;)

Incidentally, I thought it was clever Man U having a "just" fit again Keane on the bench last Wednesday. What's the betting if they had been four goals up and with him on a yellow he would have come on to try and get another one so he'd be ok for the final. Actually Van Nistelrooy looked like he was trying to get a second yellow all through last weeks game.

two.five what?
30-04-2002, 04:59 PM
I hope utd get to the final. I dont like germany to much although I shall support them vs. Ireland as they learnt to stop bombing London quite a while ago!

Ive followed Real Madrid for last yr or so and would love to go to the pub for the final and laugh at all the "Hardcore" south london man u fans when Keane gets anohter own goal for us! I can see this conversation happening more than once if these two meet in the final:

-"Why are you wearing a Real shirt?"
-"Because I support them"
-"Ur not spanish!"
-"no but Ive seen them more than youve seen utd, come to think of it Ive seen utd more than uve seen utd!!!"
-"I have seen them"
-"TV doesnt count thicko!"
-"Saw them at selhurst against wimbledon"
-"Ive seen them at selhurst and old trafford u tit!"

....and relax!

Merton Eagle
30-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
I want Man Utd to win the whole thing, English clubs first. I have no real reason to dislike Man Yoo any more Agreed and they play more English/British players than any other English league team. I'm not bitter any more. They are now worlds apart and always will be. Some of their so called fans who've never been irritate me but they'll never experience proper support of a football team.

PeterH
30-04-2002, 05:10 PM
I would like Man Utd to win so that we can see RealMadrid v Man Utd in the final. The match up of midfields would makeit a great final. Have to say Bayer Leverkusan (Sp) looked quality though.

Popping down to the Barcelona Tapa bar in Middlesex Street, nr Aldgate for the Spanish game tomorrow. Lots of Spanish in there, should be the place to go. That is of course as long as some w@nky City firm haven't hired the whole place out.

Jimbo ?
30-04-2002, 05:35 PM
i dont believe we are talking about this !!!
an english team in europe - we must support them come on United!!

Cleon
30-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
i dont believe we are talking about this !!!
an english team in europe - we must support them come on United!!

So, if Palace were continuning to languish in the lower half of the first division in three years time, and Brighton were battling it out in the European Champions League, you'd be supporting Brighton would you?

New_Malden_Eagle
30-04-2002, 07:25 PM
I find it very hard to bring myself to support Moan Utd. If I am watching from a distance and see their great attacking play then I can forget how much I hate them for a minute - then I notice Keane/Ferguson/one of their southern glory-hunting fans and I remember my hatred again.
I would support just about anyone against those tossers.
And I don't agree with having to support them because they're English - the better ManUre do, the more money they make, the more they dominate, the more bandwagon fans they pick up - the more Europe's top clubs just become a self-perpetuating elite of greedy fat cat clubs gorging themselves on tv revenue while the rest of us go to the wall.
I did support Arsenal/Liverpool in the European Cup though - but then I don't actually dislike either club very much.

FOSSBLOKE
30-04-2002, 07:32 PM
As they are an English team I suppose I should be supporting them but like others, find it very difficult.

I just hope the Ar$e win the title at Old Trafford - that will be really amusing for the ManUre supporters seeing their precious team lose the Championship......:D :D :D

Raf
30-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by New_Malden_Eagle
I find it very hard to bring myself to support Moan Utd. If I am watching from a distance and see their great attacking play then I can forget how much I hate them for a minute - then I notice Keane/Ferguson/one of their southern glory-hunting fans and I remember my hatred again.
I would support just about anyone against those tossers.
And I don't agree with having to support them because they're English - the better ManUre do, the more money they make, the more they dominate, the more bandwagon fans they pick up - the more Europe's top clubs just become a self-perpetuating elite of greedy fat cat clubs gorging themselves on tv revenue while the rest of us go to the wall.
I did support Arsenal/Liverpool in the European Cup though - but then I don't actually dislike either club very much.

Seconded. This sums it up pretty perfectly for me. Can't really think of anyone I wouldn't support against ManU.

James
30-04-2002, 07:36 PM
I want Manchester United to lose all their games almost as much as I want Palace to win all theirs.

Tonight Matthew, I shall be a Bayer Leverkusen fan.

FOSSBLOKE
30-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Raf

Seconded. This sums it up pretty perfectly for me. Can't really think of anyone I wouldn't support against ManU.

MILLWALL..
BRIGHTON...
GILLINGHAM...
ANY GERMAN TEAM....:p

El Aguila
30-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Uh? Manchester United aren't representing England! I want Bayer Leverkusen to win because they are a great team; they don't faff around with poncey defensive tactics away from home, or worrying about conceding goals at home (unlike Real Madrid in Barcelona or Liverpool against Leverkusen), they just go out wherever they're playing and try to score more goals than the opposition.
Then Barcelona to win 3 -1 tomorrow with a last minute thunderbolt from Rochemback, and we might have a European Cup Final worth watching instead of R. Madrid and Man. U. trying to outbore each other and everyone wetting themselves over Zidane.

Boris the charltonhater
30-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Ideally you want Man U to take an early lead. Then both Van Nisterooy and Keane to get booked. Then in the ninety fourth minute van nisterooy can give away a penalty in the area and Leverkusen can score and go through on away goals.

However considering you want Arsenal to at least Draw at Old Trafford just so all the Man U fans witness Arsenal winning the championship at Old Trafford I don't really want Man U to lose tonight as I can't see them losing twice in a row.

Celestial Empire
30-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by anti-addick
I don't want them to go through, the less games played there is less risk to England players for injury.

With Beckham and Neville already out, that only leaves Scholes (and Wes Brown, marginally), with any chance of getting in the England team.

Cleon
30-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Boris
Ideally you want Man U to take an early lead. Then both Van Nisterooy and Keane to get booked. Then in the ninety fourth minute van nisterooy can give away a penalty in the area and Leverkusen can score and go through on away goals.

:p

Manc Scum aren't England. And anyone worried about England, surely you don't want to see the Manc Scum in the final, and see Beckham rush his rehabilitation only to breakdown again at Hampden and ruin any chance of him playing in the World Cup?

Daniel_Nash
30-04-2002, 08:48 PM
I want them to win, go through but lose the final in the last minute to Barcelona :p

that'll piss Fergie off!

El Aguila
30-04-2002, 09:03 PM

However considering you want Arsenal to at least Draw at Old Trafford just so all the Man U fans witness Arsenal winning the championship at Old Trafford I don't really want Man U to lose tonight as I can't see them losing twice in a row.
OK, then a 1-1 draw does the trick. And if the second part of my prediction comes true there'll be mass celebrations all over Spain (and the Spanish are good at that kind of thing).

What?
01-05-2002, 01:43 AM
How DARE they play 3 lions! Thats our song they are German.

Now that pissed me off!

Mat ov CPFC
01-05-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by What?
How DARE they play 3 lions! Thats our song they are German.

Now that pissed me off!

Why ? Surely its the highest form of praise we can have. I like Germans and I like German football so I am over the moon tonight. I must admit that I am in full agreement with James ( which hurts me in an almost physical way ) about enjoying Man U losing as much as Palace winning.

Oh and Jim aka Latvian aka whatever I loved the comment about your reasons for supporting Germany against Ireland. Made me chuckle out loud.

sydney eagle
01-05-2002, 01:54 AM
doesn't matter now....Man U are out

What?
01-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC

Why ? Surely its the highest form of praise we can have. I like Germans and I like German football so I am over the moon tonight. I must admit that I am in full agreement with James ( which hurts me in an almost physical way ) about enjoying Man U losing as much as Palace winning.

Oh and Jim aka Latvian aka whatever I loved the comment about your reasons for supporting Germany against Ireland. Made me chuckle out loud.

Because of the lyrics "footballs coming home" it is as if they are mocking us by saying Germany is the home of footy!

Grunt
01-05-2002, 02:01 AM
I feel a profound excitement at the idea of Utd winning nothing this season.

Unless they won something behind my back.

Just like them. Swine.

biggus mickus
01-05-2002, 02:09 AM
Ha ha ha. Feck the manc gits.
The best team over the two games won. All that money, nothing to show. Watch thier shares tommorow. ROFL.:D :D

sydney eagle
01-05-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by biggus mickus
Ha ha ha. Feck the manc gits.
The best team over the two games won. All that money, nothing to show. Watch thier shares tommorow. ROFL.:D :D I see it's tearing you up they didn't go through Mick:D

Wor Man U are out of the cup:D

Al From Bromley
01-05-2002, 03:34 AM
I could never bring myself to support Man U inany competition. Not after what they hav done to us..and I am talking about Palace and me and Monty personally. OK, its their supporters, but nevertheless it leaves a bad taste.

Having said that i dont subscribe to the post about Roy Keane. Internationally, its a different matter and I wouldnt deny any player the chance to play for their country.

James
01-05-2002, 03:43 AM
OK, admit it - how many joined me in leaping to their feet and punching the air as the Leverkusen equaliser hit the net?

TopKnot
01-05-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by James
OK, admit it - how many joined me in leaping to their feet and punching the air as the Leverkusen equaliser hit the net?

yes, me, I did. I giggled like a 3-year-old.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
01-05-2002, 03:49 AM
We don't have to worry that they'll fluke the final now... one fluke in 10 years? Best manager of all time yeah right :rolleyes:

In the domestic situation I would rather Arsenal did the double as a) they are expected to b) we wouldn't have the Chelsea ov Croydon winkers going mad on our hallowed turf :)... or am I off-topic?

hong_kong_hg
01-05-2002, 04:01 AM

Oh yeah baby!

Count me in... :afro:

Al From Bromley
01-05-2002, 04:24 AM
Fecking yes! Me and Monty did high fives. We would have done a lap of honour if she wasnt almost 6 months pregnant.

Sorry, but Ferguson is a jammy bar steward, money talks and even with their millions they've won dick this season. It's pay back time for their disgraceful glory seking supporters, the majority of whom wouldnt know Old Trafford if it leapt up and slaped them round the face. My old lady could manage a team on that sort of budget, yet the press cum in their pants about them most weeks.

I guess w a n k i n g is barred until next August then.

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-05-2002, 12:22 PM

No but i cheered when United scored :confused:

Cleon
01-05-2002, 01:29 PM
Got to confess that I leapt up when Leverkusen scored, and sung a chorus of Deutschland Uber Alles to fulfill my promise to be German for the evening.

As for the 'footballs coming home' thing, the Germans have been singing that ever since Euro '96 as a dig at us. Quite impressively humourous for a German.

Levski
01-05-2002, 08:51 PM
I didn't really care either way. But to go out to Leverkusen is a disgraceful result for a team as good as Man Utd, so it is rather funny. Ferguson must be doing his nut. :D

I suppose one excellent thing is that Beckham wont be forced back for the final, and should make Japan.

All we need now is for Arsenal to finish the job. Please don't feck it up, Arse.

On the downside, England's national team will never make it as long as its domestic sides continue to fail to adapt to European styles of football. UK sides just cannot seem to deal with a midfielder who comes through and scores goals. It looked to me that United play a very English way, which doesn't really get results outside of the Prem. They are good at putting away the duff teams, but fail when they come up against real quality. They totally jammed it in 99, although they played magnificently in Juventus.

Boris the charltonhater
01-05-2002, 10:37 PM

I did. Funny how I do squat all when Englnd score but when some German side scores I go bonkers.

RealMadridEagle
01-05-2002, 10:53 PM

I did. Funny how I do squat all when Englnd score but when some German side scores I go bonkers.

I don't really celebrate when England scores, only when we beat Germany 5-1. I don't feel the passion for the international game anymore. I celebrated when Riihilahti scored against England as he's a Palace player, and I obviously celebrate when Palace and Real Madrid score and also Leverkusen :p

Daniel_Nash
01-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by RealMadridEagle
I obviously celebrate when Real Madrid score and also Leverkusen :p

*cough* glory-hunter *cough*

;)

RealMadridEagle
01-05-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash

*cough* glory-hunter *cough*

;)

*Cough*No I aint*cough*

Celestial Empire
01-05-2002, 11:30 PM
But have you read that Observer article about your (not so glorious) second team ?

Celestial Empire
01-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Grunt
I feel a profound excitement at the idea of Utd winning nothing this season.

Unless they won something behind my back.

Just like them. Swine.

Their reserves won the Lancashire Senior Cup.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

biggus mickus
02-05-2002, 02:10 AM

I have to tell you James! Mitch was jumping in the air, along with myself, surrounded by a load of mancs in a bar. She was telling some manc how it was a wonderful time for them, winning nothing, spending lots, Fergie is a Scotish tosser, and she hates Mark Hughes. It was the one time it to be with a few scousers, Christ did they give the mancs verbal.:D

Daniel_Nash
02-05-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by RealMadridEagle

*Cough*No I aint*cough*

Now come on, how can you say that in a cough?!

so the final is between an industrial German side who haven't won their league before, although might this season.... and a spanish side who seem to live in debt and buy top players for their presidential manifesto, they are also 4 points off top spot in their league.

Hard work against Flair? Have to say that Figo and Zidane where big let downs (even if ZZ did only play 45 mins).

New_Malden_Eagle
02-05-2002, 05:06 AM
Ferguson claimed that Leverkusen were lucky. As magnanimous amd graceful in defeat as ever then. F*cking tosser.
I am soooooooo glad there smug fans who have been singing "Follow, follow, follow, United are going to Glasgow" all season have been shutup once and for all. Arsenal winning the title at Old Trafford will just cap it all. Superb stuff.

Cleon
02-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Levski
On the downside, England's national team will never make it as long as its domestic sides continue to fail to adapt to European styles of football. UK sides just cannot seem to deal with a midfielder who comes through and scores goals. It looked to me that United play a very English way, which doesn't really get results outside of the Prem. They are good at putting away the duff teams, but fail when they come up against real quality. They totally jammed it in 99, although they played magnificently in Juventus.

Whilst true, I would also say that success in European club competitions means nothing compared to international football. Spanish football continues to dominate the European scene, and yet their national team always fails to deliver. And French club football is lucky to get past the first stage of the European club competition, and yet their national team is the best in the world, as is about to be proved again I fear.