PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln City Urgent help required

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Wrong forum I know but we as Palace fans who understand really need to help out supporters of Lincoln.
Yesterday I had a business meeting with a fanatical fan of theirs who told me how far up **** creek they are.
By Friday they have to raise £75,000 just to be able to go into administration! Their supporters have launched a scheme on their web site to have your name put on a seat at the ground for a tenner. So far they have raised some £50,000 but with only a day to go things are looking abit desperate.
Log into www.redimps.co.uk and give them £10.00. We of all people know how they feel. Lets help them out

Son of Selhurst
02-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Just donated £20 for a seat. I have a feeling this is the first of many now though....

:grrr:

I wonder if the TV bosses who run Carlton and Granada are losing any of their personal fortunes over this.....?

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Thank you SoS, I agree that this may well be the first of many although I feel that Lincoln present a worthier cause than most as the club is in fact owned by the community.

SKATE
02-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Can't get the link to work :(

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 03:06 PM
Try a bit later Skate it's running very slowly

Perky
02-05-2002, 03:06 PM
Was going to post something about this myself as my whole family now live in Lincoln and i have spent many a weekend whilst visiting watching the imps. They are a great family orientated club, it would be a disaster if the went bust.
Whats £10 everyone????? Not a lot considering how much it will mean to the loyal fans of the imps.

Come on lets help them out, like people did to us in the dark days of administration

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 03:57 PM
What short memories we all appear to have, 2 hours later and only 3 people have expressed any interest at all. Thankfully fans of other clubs were a little more interested when we needed them.

le piddler
02-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Just booked my seat on the Lincoln site, wish them good luck!!

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Thank you

Perky
02-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Too true James. We used t believe it was our divine right for others to help us but when the boot is on the other foot it's all a different story.

Come on lads and lasses

TAK
02-05-2002, 04:50 PM
There will be a seat with my name on it next season there too.

Mat ov CPFC
02-05-2002, 04:54 PM
James, since you asked so nicely :)

Dreamer
02-05-2002, 05:07 PM
Made my donation.

Riccardo
02-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Where are we all getting the seats ? Which stand ? And are we going to put (CPFC) after our names ??

Mat ov CPFC
02-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Riccardo
Where are we all getting the seats ? Which stand ? And are we going to put (CPFC) after our names ??

I've got CPFC on mine :)

I'm almost tempted to get another one and ask for " We hate Brighton (spit ) "

SKATE
02-05-2002, 05:20 PM
I got mine in the away fans end and it will say simply SKATE. I hope to get to sit on it one day!!

GreatGonzo
02-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Not sure how people would feel about it but:

Not so long ago the fans of Crystal Palace raised a significant amount of money that could not be returned to the donator after the club was saved.

Now how many donated because it was Palace and how many donated because of the fact a football club was in crisis? (Considering quite a bit was probably put into buckets by away fans)

Now if it is the difference between Lincoln getting into administration or liquidation surely the Supporters Trust can donate whatever the shortfall might be which at the beginning of this thread stood at £25,000 according to my sums which is only a small proportion of the figure mentioned in the Trust'd Bank.

Skin Up
02-05-2002, 05:30 PM
Application form being faxed to Lincoln as we speak.

Dodger
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Not sure how people would feel about it but:

Not so long ago the fans of Crystal Palace raised a significant amount of money that could not be returned to the donator after the club was saved.

Now how many donated because it was Palace and how many donated because of the fact a football club was in crisis? (Considering quite a bit was probably put into buckets by away fans)

Now if it is the difference between Lincoln getting into administration or liquidation surely the Supporters Trust can donate whatever the shortfall might be which at the beginning of this thread stood at £25,000 according to my sums which is only a small proportion of the figure mentioned in the Trust'd Bank.

Nice idea but not sure if everyone would agree. You never know we may need that money ourselves sometime in the future :eek:

Still, if we wanted to get some great publicity and be loved by Lincoln City for the rest of our lives, this would be the way to do it.

Baloo
Originally posted by SKATE
I got mine in the away fans end and it will say simply SKATE. I hope to get to sit on it one day!!

Ditto! (although mine says Baloo, and not SKATE. Obviously.) :D

Bartman
02-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Perky would beat me up if I didn't chip in here.

Feel like I've done my good deed for the day and that the 'Barton Family' seat will be used for generations to come.:)

sevsxp
02-05-2002, 05:35 PM
Just done mine, but will it be enough, if they need this money just to
go into adminstration !

Its at times like this when I see Manure Utd and the Arse making multi-million pound forgien signings that I hate them even more !

They should be doing something - other wise they can go f**k themselves !!

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
02-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Ditto! (although mine says Baloo, and not SKATE. Obviously.)You could sit on each other?

SKATE
02-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
You could sit on each other?

If you're not careful I'll get Kev T to sit on you at the next BBS summer piss up ;)

Gazza the Guru
02-05-2002, 06:00 PM
This is my first ever post. So hi to everyone!

Just thought I would let you know that I have also sent £20 for my son and myself.

The earlier posts are right, when we were down there in the depths of financial disaster, fans from other clubs came in to help so we should, if we can, reciprocate (large word for a first post, but what the hell).

Lincoln is a community club and losing it will hurt the City even if some folk don't like footie. The break up of a community project might add to the already mounting social problems.

Keeping the Imps alive will be a good kick up the Royal backside of those who seek to break the community spirit down.

Phew! done it at last.

They don't call me the Guru for nothing :p

Perky
02-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Good man Bartman, you were goign to be getting a call.

Nice to see people are buying the seats.

Son of Selhurst
02-05-2002, 06:36 PM
I put "c/o CPFC" after my name. I put it in the Co-op stand (see, I've learnt something about another football club at the same time!) so that:

1) Lincoln fans can see we're helping

2) The Hardcore mundy boys don't get annoyed that there's CPFC in their stand (bit like having the Holmesdale sponsored by Charlton AFC or something!)

I don't like big business ruining football.:hmph:

Gooders
02-05-2002, 06:48 PM
I'm in.

:p

Perky
02-05-2002, 07:18 PM
unfortunalty the holmesdale equivalent is the co-op stand
i'm sure they won't mind if it means the club survives

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 07:43 PM
I have returned from lunch and am at least a wee bit more encouraged by the response. Actually no I'm not!

All of you who have put in thank you. Those of you who haven't, particularly those who I know can easily afford it are simply a bunch of hypocritical half wits.

10 firkin quid for the first club to be turned over by the demise of ITV Digital.

I remind you that this is the club who furfilled our dream and bought their local side and only find themselves in this position due to 3rd parties not paying bills.

For gawds sake this was nearly us, sort your lives out, establish your priorities and send them a tenner.

Or in reality did you all sit back and fiddle when our own 'Rome' burned?

Sunny Fan
02-05-2002, 07:47 PM
You're absolutely right of course, £10 on its way.

howard
02-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Glad to help, £10 just donated:p

trufan
02-05-2002, 08:12 PM
Cripes, sorry James! Put mine in a coupla hours ago. Just didn't realise we had to go public! ;)

James Varcoe
02-05-2002, 08:17 PM
OK so I'm being precious

Perky
02-05-2002, 08:32 PM
James, with this being a situation close to my heart i am going to join you in badgering people.

At the moment there are 123 guests and about 50 members on the board. If they all gave £10 pounds, which i'm sure you wouldn't even think about p1ssing up against the wall on a round of beers for your mates, we would raise £1730 which would be a major major boost indeed.

Come on you guests, register and tell us you have brought a seat.
I am going to Lincoln this weekend for my dads 50th and will report back from first hand reports how desperate it is up there. Remember how we all felt when we thought there wouldn't be any more palace???

I

PeterH
02-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Done my £10.

I also think a donation from the CPFC Trust would be great publicity. Say £5,000.

Perky
02-05-2002, 08:55 PM
here here Peter. Good call

Who do we get in contact on the Trust Board?

I can arrange contacts with Lincoln if we are serious about this

eagle mart
02-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Done my £10.

I also think a donation from the CPFC Trust would be great publicity. Say £5,000.

I asked the same in relation to Bury. It'll fall on deaf ears. How many people bought a Bury seat ? My thread got about 5 replies.

Perky
02-05-2002, 09:26 PM
i brought one,

The general apathy is something i never imagined would occur amongst palace fans, especially after everything we have been through.

People must have very short memories

eagle mart
02-05-2002, 09:39 PM
http://www.qxl.com/cgi-bin/qxlhome.cgi/EN/QXL/PR/U1013135409/_29278806

Bartman
02-05-2002, 09:50 PM
Come on folks - I thought that you lot were a generous bunch. I am embarassed to even have to encourage people. 10 quid !!!! It's NOTHING to you and would mean the world to a football club with genuine local suporters that plays a major role in the local community.

You know it makes sense!:p

Tony
02-05-2002, 09:59 PM
I've emailed as many of my football contacts as I can with the link and will also send £10.

Good luck to Lincoln. I hope it helps them.

I can't see how we can do this every time if the predicted number of clubs collapse, but hopefully if all the Palace fans we can muster at least get behind Lincoln then maybe we can help one club.

COME ON, SAVE THE IMPS YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE

GING
02-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Done. One seat with my baby daughter's name on it - oh and cpfc, obviously.

Al From Bromley
02-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Call me a miserable bar steward, but, what about Airdrie? Or, as Eagle Mart said, Bury?

Yes, I gave to the cause for Palace and I also subscribe to some causes outside football, but when should my guilt kick in? After the 15th club in similar circumstances asks for a whip round?

Sorry, not being funny, or tight, but there are plenty of worthy causes in the world and i won't have pressure put on me in this instance.

Try telling an Aidrie fan we helped save Lincoln. Plus, if my memory serves me, the perecentage of Palace fans who even gave a tenner when our own club was in sh*t was just a small percentage of the total base, so don't be surprised if this appeal does fall on deaf ears in some quarters. It's too far removed and will soon become commonplace methinks.

Chocky
02-05-2002, 11:03 PM
How many Palace supporters refused to give £20 to the CPST when we were in the sh*t?

F*cking thousands and thousands, that how many.

:veryangry

Good luck Imps, I hope your supporters don't show as much apathy as many of ours did.

Mal Come Ally Son
02-05-2002, 11:12 PM
£10 done

Try it - it gives you a nice warm glow

Al From Bromley
02-05-2002, 11:16 PM
How about a tenner for cancer or heart disease or mental health or starving or abused children or the homeless or......? The list is endless.

If you want, give, but I won't be called tight fisted just because I didnt give to Lincoln City. I wish them well but my conscience is clear.

Mal Come Ally Son
02-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Al from Bromley
How about a tenner for cancer or heart disease or mental health or starving or abused children or the homeless or......? The list is endless.

If you want, give, but I won't be called tight fisted just because I didnt give to Lincoln City. I wish them well but my conscience is clear.

Al - you're quite right. But, a tenner to Lincoln might help bring all sorts of other benefits. Say Lincoln get their money. My warm smug glow becomes a genuine warm glow in perhaps a few hundred Lincoln supporters - and as a result they feel part of a community - and as a result the next time someone needs their help they're more inclined to give - and as a result an old lady gets helped across the road - or collections for heart disease research gets a boost in Lincoln.

Of course this could just be wishful, fairy story bollocks. But perhaps it isn't. And I've given just in case it isn't. And that doesn't deprive a 'proper' charity of my tenner. because the truth is that without this post today that Tenner would have gone down the pub. Maybe I should stay at home AND give it Cancer research. But that was just not going to happen tonight.

So my advice is give, not because Lincoln supporters are football fans. Give because YOU are a football fan.

Then be a smug ******* like me

Pete B
02-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Bloody hell Al who rattled your cage today?

GING
02-05-2002, 11:40 PM
Al, as far as I'm aware - no one has called you tight.

Al From Bromley
02-05-2002, 11:46 PM
No one Pete. Its a pet hate of mine, being made to feel guilty in the name of fundraising. Just as I hate all the shenanigans when people dress up as clowns or sit in a bath of baked beans or run a mini marathon and have a heart attack.

Ricky Gervaise told the story of walking into his bank on Children in Need day and they were all dressed up as Disney characters. As he pointed out, someone coming into that bank may have lost their house or their business that day. They don't really want Goofy telling them they can't have any more money do they?

Giving money, for whatever cause, SHOULD be voluntary and without cajoling, guilt trips, dressing up or risking your life. Sadly it never will be I realise that, but I would far rather every working person in this country had £1 taken out of their pay packet and put into a central pot which would be allocated to various causes. Those who could afford more and wanted to could set up standing orders to the charities of their choice.

In the pecking order of things, Lincoln City doesnt come very high up my list of priorities, and, sadly, although Mal Come Ally Son means well, the glow doesnt rub off. If proof were needed then it came in the shape of the Trust and the fact that only (from memory) about 10% of Palace's fan base gave £20 towards saving their club. That was their perogative. I am exercising mine on this occasion.

TAK
02-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Al from Bromley

If you want, give, but I won't be called tight fisted just because I didnt give to Lincoln City.

James didn't say "Al fron Bromley is tight*" he was just trying to encourage people to chip in to a cause which should be close to many a football fans hearts, especially ours. Al if you don't want to contribute to The Imps then that is your perogative but if you haven't anything positive to add at the moment then best say nothing. Anyway can we not hijack this thread further.

Thank you

*In matters relating to saving football clubs

Al From Bromley
02-05-2002, 11:52 PM
I refer you to your learned friend's Bin Laden thread. :)

James Varcoe
03-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Al, this is the first time I have ever taken issue with you as I consider you to be a genuinely nice guy and indeed very generous in both nature and spirit.
BUT
How dare you accuse anyone of trying to make you feel guilty about this. How can you with your genuine love for a 'small' football club adopt such a cavalier attitude. I make no apologies for squeazing some guilt to help save a club which I have never visted. What makes them any more worthy than us?
I'll tell you what. This club was a genuine partnership between fans and community. The council bought the ground and sold it back to the community for a fraction of it's value, these people need two parts of **** all to survive following the collapse of ITV Digital and cannot/will not overdraft themselves to the hilt as others have done.
Where in god's name would we be now if everyone adopted your attitude and decided to sit as both judge and jury on worthy causes.
Don't give if you don't want to, but don't climb on the moralistic highground and judge.

Levski
03-05-2002, 12:45 AM
Just whacked a tenner on the Visa card. Great website, I just hope whoever put together the secure website wasn't paid an excessive fee for it. If we'd had a web payment system when we were in the sh!t I reckon we would have got twice as much money.

I make that 210 quid donated by BBSers already. Keep it coming.

Ian of Chatham
03-05-2002, 12:58 AM
.....Its 220 quid now

selhurstparkflyer
03-05-2002, 01:17 AM
Can somebody please supply me with more info on this 'Community Club' thing.

Because here is how I see it.

It has been bailed out by the Local and National Taxpayer, because it is unable to match its income with expenditure. It is, now asking me for some more cash, so it can continue to do so. The average gate at Lincoln against the city's population hardly stirs the blood.

I am afraid this is the first of many instances of small clubs going to the wall, because they can no longer afford to pay players full time wages. If we save them this time, it will merely prolong the agony and mismanagement. Where is this going to end?
If the League and PFA are serious about saving small clubs they must look at regional semi-pro leagues. I am fed up with them getting the general public to finance their imcompetance.
Please do not give me stuff about Palace; The club was saved by one very rich fan. If Lincoln have somebody who is prepared to throw his cash down the bog, then great.

If Lincoln City is more worthy than the other 30-odd that we shall hear about then I am all ears. Pray tell.

For the record, I subscribed to the Trust in 4 names and lent them a grand.

Riccardo
03-05-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by PeterH

Sorry Peter, don't agree with that. If someone wants to donate £10 to the Imps, fair enough. But giving money that we raised for our club to another....sorry, don't think that's on.

Apologies if I sound like a git, but that's my point of view. :(

lightweight
03-05-2002, 02:14 AM
Done mine.

If I remember rightly, the home game in the cup against Lincoln was when Dean Gordon scored in the 94th minute. I wasn't at the game, but it was, I think, one of the last times I didn't go, without having a good reason. I sat at home wishing I was at the game.

Hopefully we will get them in the cup or something and I can go and sit in my seat! :)

Al From Bromley
03-05-2002, 02:14 AM
Sorry we dont see eye to eye on this James, but I cant subscribe to your comment "Where in god's name would we be now if everyone adopted your attitude and decided to sit as both judge and jury on worthy causes. " The fact is that a very small proportion of the palace fan base put their hands into their pockets when we were up sh*t creek and sadly there is a judge and a jury and most of them fly under the banner "case adjourned" i.e. let's wait and see, i can't believe palace will go out of business therefore i won't give. Thankfully in the end we had a saviour, but the fans themselves were more than a few million shy of saving CPFC. And, as Selhurstparkflyer so rightly points out, if we save them this time, it will merely prolong the agony. They need a Jordan of their own, albeit on a smaller scale, not our tenners. I wonder, has Graham Taylor chipped in?

jone-zee
03-05-2002, 02:38 AM
Think Al is pretty spot on (and Chocky) What should be asked is how the feck the Beckhams etc of this World arent helping their fellow players. 1 game with the wages going to the clubs in real **** street would go along long way. Maybe the 'wonderful PFA' should be looking at bigger contributions to help the grassroots.

GoringEagle
03-05-2002, 02:42 AM
OK

Al From Bromley
03-05-2002, 03:14 AM
Werent the FA considering bailing out ITV Digital? Or did i dream it?

arussell
03-05-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by jone-zee
Maybe the 'wonderful PFA' should be looking at bigger contributions to help the grassroots.

Perhaps if the PFA hadn't been so greedy and sucked so much money out of the league clubs recently - then they wouldn't have to worry about all their upcoming members that will now be out of work as a result of Carlton and Granada's cock up.

Blind_Eagle
03-05-2002, 12:05 PM
The blind family have all now got their names on Impy seats.

Al, I am shocked at your posts, especially as I know you are generous in both thought and deed. I even agree with your hatred of 'moral pressure to give'. But IMHO your vitriol is inappropriate on this thread. If you want to discuss the pro's and con's of charitable contributions then why not open a thread in Gen Chit Chat.......... :(

Mat ov CPFC
03-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by GING
Al, as far as I'm aware - no one has called you tight.

I have. On many occassions. He is a mean git.

Perky
03-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Yeah come on Al, this isn't the forum for those sort of comments. If you don't want to give, then that is completely fine, it's a free world for gods sake.

But this thread is for people wanting to do a little to help not for people to argue about the rights and wrongs of raising money. Like it was mentioned earlier, start another thread for that and leave this one alone. Why do people insist on changing the original thread into an item they want to discuss

For your information Graham Taylor is the Club Patron and has donated towards the cause. He is also seen at home games up at the Bank.
If you don't believe me he is listed on the web site
http://www.redimps.co.uk/club/view/whos_who/0,,10440,00.html

Son of Selhurst
03-05-2002, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry, but I thought this was to give Lincoln enough money to get INTO Administration.

Yes, Palace were saved by one very rich fan, but then Palace did have enough money to be in Administration for some time, and that rich fan waited until he could get the club for far less than it was theoretically worth, and the creditors had agreed to take a cut in what they were owed.

Lincoln aren't so fortunate, and as someone else pointed out, a football club in the community does and can do so much more than just stick 11 players onto a pitch every week.

It's not their fault they're in debt. They were promised the money to pay for what they bought. They'd balanced the books based on those payments. When the fat-cats at ITV pulled out, what can they do?

Cancer, abused kids, leukemia etc get a lot of coverage and have a lot of people ploughing a lot of money into them already. Football is seen as rich and glamourous because of Sky and the media. Unfortunately, that only applies to a small percentage of clubs at the very top.

We need to show the government and big business that this country still has a strong passion for our national sport, and we won't let it die because of their greed.

Al From Bromley
03-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Perky, thanks for confirming Graham Taylor is involved. I wasnt questioning his integrity but merely suggesting that he should be as it is his home town and where he started I believe.

To all, I am sorry if some of my comments have offended but I am afraid its a personal bugbear of mine and just sets me off on one. I prefer to keep my charitable acts private and don't agree with any form of guilt trips or cajoling. When I as much as get a hint of that it sparks me off. Apologies.

lightweight
03-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Al, I agree with you in principle, I don't like giving to people that accost me on the streets asking for long term contributions or just because they keep writing to me asking for yet more money, but am happy to donate to charities of my choice as and when I want to.

However, as this is a football board, and our club has been in similar circumstances, I see no reason why we shouldn't promote Lincoln's plight on here and encourage other like minded supporters to contribute. I wouldn't have done it had I not seen it on here - and I'd like to think the same sort of thing happened elsewhere when we were in trouble.

Al From Bromley
03-05-2002, 02:44 PM
"However, as this is a football board, and our club has been in similar circumstances, I see no reason why we shouldn't promote Lincoln's plight on here and encourage other like minded supporters to contribute. I wouldn't have done it had I not seen it on here - and I'd like to think the same sort of thing happened elsewhere when we were in trouble"

Yes it did indeed happen elsewhere. I had some really nice messages and comments from fellow football fans when we were in trouble. Basically I sent a mass email round work explaining our plight and asking footie fans everywhere to help us. It went to about 1500 people. I got betwen 8 and 10 contributors. An Everton supporter came and saw me personally and said he was happy to give £20, adding "there but for the grace of God etc". The Sheff United fan went a step better. He joined the Trust AND told me that the annual boat trip they do down the Thames when going to the Fulham game was always a fund raising event. Most years it was a mjaor concrn like Cancer Research, heart Foundation etc., but this particular year they were going to donate the money to Palace. How nice is that?

My point is, out of 1500 ermails I got maybe 10 contributors. So what did I do? Send another message round saying come on you tight gits? Send an email with an emotive heading to get their attention? No, I left it, because, at the end of the day (to use a nice football cliche) those who wanted to give, gave. By pursuing the majority that didnt I would only alienate myself.

I still remember very fondly the kind wishes I received but, despite best intentions all round, the fact is that the footbaling community won't dip into their pocket to save another club and it could be argues in the case of clubs like Lincoln, nor should they. The football authorities have pots of money, enough to contemplate bidding for ITV Digital. Saving Lincoln would be a pish in the ocean for them, but will they step in? Will they feck.

And, what next? Wimbledon going down the pan? They are losing £20,000 a day allegedly. Are we all going to chip in to save them as well?

PeterH
03-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by jone-zee
Think Al is pretty spot on (and Chocky) What should be asked is how the feck the Beckhams etc of this World arent helping their fellow players. 1 game with the wages going to the clubs in real **** street would go along long way. Maybe the 'wonderful PFA' should be looking at bigger contributions to help the grassroots.

Youre not wrong Jonezee.

Pistike
03-05-2002, 04:14 PM
I am the proud owner of a seat at Lincoln City.

Wrong time of the month AfB or what?

Red Imp
03-05-2002, 04:48 PM
As a life long Lincoln City supporter I would like to thank all the Palace fans who have put their names on a seat at Sincil Bank.
Your contribution will not be forgotten.

We now have another 3 months in administration so hopefully we can sort ourselves out.

Thanks Again

Feather
03-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Red Imp
As a life long Lincoln City supporter

Surely you mean as "the" life long Lincoln City supporter?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
03-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SKATE
If you're not careful I'll get Kev T to sit on you at the next BBS summer piss up ;) Is he one of the 19%?

biggus mickus
03-05-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by eagle mart

I asked the same in relation to Bury. It'll fall on deaf ears. How many people bought a Bury seat ? My thread got about 5 replies.

Sorry about Bury(not), I do not like them.
I have just got a seat at Lincoln for 25 quid, good luck to them.

Well done James, whats the BBs count at now?

Pistike
03-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by eagle mart

Sorry Eaglemart didn't see your buy a seat at Bury thread.

Then again I didnt get a drunken call from you saying "Oi shteev ywuv gotta go on this redimp dot com fing and giv em a tenner".

Is it too late to buy one?

GreatGonzo
03-05-2002, 05:31 PM
Can we give SJ a ring and get him to arrange a pre-season friendly up there?

Nice bit of income for them and we would get to sit on our seats! :p

lightweight
03-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Pistike

Sorry Eaglemart didn't see your buy a seat at Bury thread.

Is it too late to buy one?

after reading this I had a look at the bury site - unfortunately it was a bit difficult to find out of you could still buy a seat. They had a roll of honour or something, but no further info on the seats as far as I could see. I e-mailed them so hopefully they will get back to me.

lightweight
03-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Can we give SJ a ring and get him to arrange a pre-season friendly up there?

not a bad idea - would need to be over a weekend though! bit of a trek otherwise!

arussell
03-05-2002, 06:22 PM

Doubt it Gonzo - you're sponsoring a seat, not owning it !

Most of them will be in home ends, so you won't ever get to sit in it unless you go to a Lincoln game and possibly dislodge a season ticket holder ;)

Rash the Smash
03-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by James Varcoe
Al, this is the first time I have ever taken issue with you as I consider you to be a genuinely nice guy and indeed very generous in both nature and spirit.
BUT
How dare you accuse anyone of trying to make you feel guilty about this. How can you with your genuine love for a 'small' football club adopt such a cavalier attitude. I make no apologies for squeazing some guilt to help save a club which I have never visted. What makes them any more worthy than us?
I'll tell you what. This club was a genuine partnership between fans and community. The council bought the ground and sold it back to the community for a fraction of it's value, these people need two parts of **** all to survive following the collapse of ITV Digital and cannot/will not overdraft themselves to the hilt as others have done.
Where in god's name would we be now if everyone adopted your attitude and decided to sit as both judge and jury on worthy causes.
Don't give if you don't want to, but don't climb on the moralistic highground and judge.

I presume the lawyers and accountants involved are donating their time and skills for free? :rolleyes:

Sunny Fan
03-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by arussell

Most of them will be in home ends, so you won't ever get to sit in it unless you go to a Lincoln game and possibly dislodge a season ticket holder ;) Ah, but you get to choose what stand your seat will be in. I'm co-op, wherever that is. Is that home or away?

Steve H
03-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Another tenner going their way... :p

lightweight
03-05-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by arussell

Most of them will be in home ends, so you won't ever get to sit in it unless you go to a Lincoln game and possibly dislodge a season ticket holder ;)

No - seats are available in all stands - mine's in the away end - you can pick where you want the seat to be - which means that you can easily go and sit in your seat as an away fan.

lightweight
03-05-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Ah, but you get to choose what stand your seat will be in. I'm co-op, wherever that is. Is that home or away?

home I believe

lightweight
03-05-2002, 07:10 PM

Can just imagine the confusion when buying seats for a game - with people requesting specific seats from the box office for an away game!!!

Sunny Fan
03-05-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by lightweight

home I believe

Oops, should have checked.
What colour shirt will I have to wear? Is it red all over? I can't imagine the home stands will be packed with fans, I'll mingle around the fans in the co-op stand until I find my seat, should be OK.

Perky
03-05-2002, 07:46 PM
there are about 4000 seats in that stand!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny Fan
03-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Perky
there are about 4000 seats in that stand!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like I'll miss most of the game then while I'm hunting. Are they any good?

Catford Eagle
03-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Can people just for once forget the whys and wherefores of who's to blame and whether Lincoln, Airdrie, Bury or whoever are more deserving of their tenner. It doesn't matter; a set of people who care about their football club every bit as much as we do need help. Buy the seat; end of story.

Perky
03-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Great post catford.
Below is a link to see a picture of your newly acquired seats in the Coop stand (it was previously called the Simons Stand).

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/lincoln.htm#Simon's%20Stand

The Stacey West stand and the Echo (St andrews stand) is shown below
The stacey west is the longer stand and is the away end

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/lincoln.htm#St%20Andrews%20Stand

Just remember when you are spending £30, £40 or more on beer tonight an extra £10 to a football club isn't a great deal in comparison.

Isleworth Eagle
04-05-2002, 01:40 AM
I have only just seen this site (been a bit busy with the local elections!)and I've bought two seats one for Palace and one for London Borough of Hounslow !
Thanks for the info....its a great idea!
I remember the help we got from other fans so its favour time returned.
I like Lincoln....(friends live nearby there's good fishing and golf ) and a very friendly community club! :p

Ben_Imp
04-05-2002, 02:59 AM
Just thought id sign up on your mesage board and thank you myself.
Ill also clear up any questions you have.
The ones i can remember are. They away end is currently the Stacey West satnd but this was always the home fans 'Railway End' and hopefully we are reclaiming this next season so the away part will be a few sections of the COOP stand.
Any further questions please dont hesitate to ask ill do my best to answer them
PS. Gareth Ainsworth of Ex wimbledon is down at our ground tomorrow helping us out. He is GOD.
cheers :p

Ian of Chatham
04-05-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Catford Eagle
Can people just for once forget the whys and wherefores of who's to blame and whether Lincoln, Airdrie, Bury or whoever are more deserving of their tenner. It doesn't matter; a set of people who care about their football club every bit as much as we do need help. Buy the seat; end of story.
Yes I agree, although to eliminate that argument a better idea may be to have some sort of "central fund" as a registered charity which football supporters could voluntarily contribute to which would be used to help teams in trouble as this could happen to a lot of teams. I'm not sure who would run it though.

One reason why Lincoln might have got a bit of a better response is not that people consider them better than Airdrie or Bury, but its probably because of timing with the OffDigital collapse. The demise of OffDigital means that many supporters who are starting to realise that clubs are starting to go into trouble through factors beyond their control and not just down to clubs' mismanagement (eg Goldberg) or a rogue chairman or director who is threatening to pull the plug on their team.

firesign
04-05-2002, 03:25 AM
How about this. 5% of every players wages and 5% of every transfer goes into a central kitty. At the end of each season the money is divided into 92 equal shares and handed back to the clubs. Each club gets something back, but of course the smaller clubs will recieve proportionatley a bit more. Simple way of redistributing a bit of cash without being too bolshevic.

Won't happen mind, but there you go.

E.X Moontoad
04-05-2002, 04:00 AM
Donated my tenner earlier today.
Good luck to the Imps!

Impish_Devil
04-05-2002, 04:57 AM
.... a big thank you for all those who have contributed and to James for highlighting our plight.

I am a relatively recent Imp convert but have been going down to Sincil Bank for the last 3 years. Great family club and a great set of fans.

I look forward to seeing all those CPFC seat next year and better still would like to see you guys up here at the Bank. Thanks again.

Impish

p.s. Hey Big Al............chill!!!

Themightyimp
04-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Thank you for responding in such a fantastic way.As a life long IMPS fan it brought a tear to my eyes reading the fantastic support you have shown us.Good luck to you all and to Palace.
Best Wishes and thanks again.
Mick
themightyimp
themightyimp@hotmail.com :D

palacenut
04-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Just Sent £50 for a seat in Co-op Stand, Lets hope many other clubs are doing the same.:p

Ben_Imp
04-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Must say these palace fabs have been brilliant. They need a few pints buying for them

sleaford_imp@hotmail.com:eek:

DANGERMOUSE
04-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Put my name & Palace on it.

Good luck Imps.

lost eagle
04-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Mines up there now lat this rate it looks like we might own our own ground before long but its a bit far to ground share

TAK
04-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by lost eagle
Mines up there now lat this rate it looks like we might own our own ground before long

:D

tatva-imp
04-05-2002, 08:33 PM
hey all you eagles.

would just like to say a big thank you to all of you who have paid up your teener to own one of the really comfy seats in sincil bank.

to keep you up to date we have now been put into administration and the next hearing is on 5th august.

If you have brought a seat and wondering wheter it is home or away, the Co-op stand is all home @ the minute, along with Mundy south park, Echo st andrews and the family stand (not many seats in there, so if you buy thm all you can have a whole stand with your name on the seats). The away end @ the mo is the Stacey West, but hopefully the home fans will get this back (we have fond memories of that stand, last time we were in it we got promoted!!!). But this might change for next year so the away fans could be anywhere!!

so once again a big thank you and now you have a seat it gives you a reason to come to the 'Bank' and try and find it!!! make a weekend of it as well and there is lots for the family to do, and the nite life is fairly good aswell.

thanks a gain - you have a made a lot (that's not many i know but) of IMPS fans happy.

cheers tatva :vader:

Samo*
04-05-2002, 08:50 PM
If someone can stick me a tenner on i will pay them back,i only have a card for the hole in the wall.TAK!(Oh come on mate) :)

Pete B
04-05-2002, 09:38 PM
Out of interest Imps fans, are there any other clubs that have followed suit?

craigtheexile
04-05-2002, 11:51 PM
many thanks to all who have contributed to the imps fighting fund in one way or another folks.
just to say that many of us contributed to bury's plight as ,at their darkest hour we were involved in cup games against them and since a good relationship has developed,many of their fans have taken time out to help us too.
if anyone wishes to help further ,you can contribute a fiver by registering on the auction button on our official site,redimps.co.uk,
the company will then give lcfc a fiver,you give no financial info and don't have to buy anything.won't cost you a penny al!
last time i looked there were no items directly concerning cpfc but as they say,all donations greatfully received.

for those who doubt the importance of smaller clubs i'd just leave you with this quote;
"a society which thinks more of fashion than farmers,
soon ends up with sackcloth and starvation".:p

James Varcoe
05-05-2002, 01:40 AM
A couple of pertinent points having not really looked at this thread since Thursday.

1)AfB - I think the previously derided (by you) bGraham Taylor actually joined The CPFC Supporters Trust.

2) A huge thank you to those of you who have contributed, we really are the best FOOTBALL fans in the country (well most of us at least)

James Varcoe
05-05-2002, 01:48 AM
Quick tot up makes it £475.00!!

Rash the Smash
05-05-2002, 01:50 AM

Great. The administrators got another hour then.

James Varcoe
05-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Whilst I understand the point you are making does it really matter?
We are talking about doing a tiny amount to help a small club survive. The replies by Lincoln fans on this thread alone make the donations worthwhile, and if indeed it does buy the club an hour extra to find a solution then I can't think of a better way to spend it.

Rash the Smash
05-05-2002, 02:03 AM
The point has less to do with saving a great club like Lincoln City and more to do with the indefensible amount of money the lawyers and accountants make out of saving them.
Palace fans have shown once again how big hearted they are with their reaction to this and the problems at Bury.
Are you going to do a sticky for every club that gets into trouble from now on?

Pete B
05-05-2002, 03:06 PM

Should be more than that I hope. Not everyone who bought a seat will automatically posta message on here saying they have.

Al From Bromley
05-05-2002, 09:09 PM
"1)AfB - I think the previously derided (by you) bGraham Taylor actually joined The CPFC Supporters Trust"

James, I didnt deride Graham Taylor, I thought he would be involved being his home town, but was just checking if that was the case cos i am sure he holds a lot of sway in footballing circles and could perhaps get some well off players to chip in.

Themightyimp
05-05-2002, 10:01 PM
Graham Taylor Is infact the patron of our club.Not exactly sure what the title does.But he has garaunteed us that he'll bring Villa for a pre-season friendly to try and get some money through the gates.

BrianF2
05-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Only just seen this thread. £10.00 on it's way

Good luck to them:D

immimp
06-05-2002, 05:34 PM
a big THANKYOU to all you palace fans who are helping in any way to SAVE THE IMPS cheers:p

Brummie Allan
07-05-2002, 06:17 AM
They are up to £67,773 and I've just added Another tenner. Hope they come out of it for the better like us! :p

skanky
08-05-2002, 01:02 AM
I know many others have been pn here thanking you, but thought I'd come on and do it as well. Thank you very much to all who have bought a seat. I have to say that even with the problems, we are lucky in the timing.

However, as one of the fans sitting in court last Friday to see if we were going to continue to have a club, I would like to try and lay out where we are.

A few answers:

1) Taylor has contributed and is bringing Villa for a friendly. Others who have been good are Gareth Ainsworth, Darren Huckerby and Kevin Keegan, Leeds ( I think) and other clubs have donated merchandise for our auction. Two bad clubs have been Arsenal and Manchester Utd. but that's probably to be expected - note that's the clubs, not the fans. I'm pretty sure we did have a signed Palace shirt on the auction, but it's probably gone, now.

2) Most of our problems result from the previous régime, pre-community takeover. An undeclared debt, and the initial ITV money being accounted for twice being only two parts of it. Other things included out of control wages. The ITV Digital exasperated it as we were covering cash-flow on a loan based on the next payment. When that came into doubt the bankers wanted to call it in.

3) We now are partly owned by the fans (current largest shareholder is the LCST - Lincoln City Supporters Trust), local small businessmen and Co-Op society. The chairman is a City fan who was elected onto the club board by LCST and elected into chairmanship by the board. A few montrhs earlier he was a fanzine author.

4) We are cutting wages - this is a slow process when you have two-three year long contracts.

5) We are restructuring the club - manager sacked, we now have a manager on less wage with no assistant, Chief Exec replaced by one on a lower wage, etc.. The Co-Op society have given us a an accountant free of charge for at least the administration period.

6) We got administration because of (amongst other reasons):

A) We the cash flow should be improved over the administration period (thus it's in the creditor's interests for us to be in it) - this is because of the cost savings we are undergoing, new investment from local businessmen, the board (The chairman put his house on the line to secure £85,000 of it), the fans and donations (inc. the seat sale scheme) and a £150,000 loan from the PFA.

B) The judge was impressed by the fans loyalty and community nature of the club.

C) The judge said that the current management could not be held responsible for the current state of the club.

7) We are hoping to be breaking even in just over two years time (this according to the administrator) based on current average attendances.

8) The administration will give us a chance to set up a CVA with (at least) our three largest creditors (Mansfield Brewery - don't ask, Co-Op Bank and the Inland revenue) all of whose debts were at least started under the old regime, if not completely run up.

Maybe we are being optimistic (we have to be) but we are turning the club around and we are not intending this to be prolonging the agony. One silver lining of the current situation is that we are finally starting to realise the community nature of the club. The board and LCST are actually starting to function as they should - it was always going to take time, and did not really affect the current situation. I am confident that we are going to go from strength to strength now.

I was told that we are getting loads of purchases from Palace, and we are really appreciative (it is the least you can do after that Cup win from a hand ball ;) ). Ironically one of the other clubs mentioned as being very generous is Brighton but you probably don't want to hear that :clown: I guess you've both been there.

Apologies for the length of the post, but I thought you might want to know where your money's going. I look forward to playing you again (hopefully in your division or the 6th round of the FA Cup) and again, many thanks.

Kabba's Magic Shorts
08-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Just seen this one.

£10 on its way. Went for Echo St Andrews because .... its sounds nice ?
I'll have to make sure I visit next season - good luck Imps !

nottinghamimp
08-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi chaps, just to expand a bit on what skank said, the gates in the projected cashflow are on the 'conservative', meaning based on the crap gates we had this season being third from bottom, if we are any good on the field the part timers come out of the woodwork.!! im sure you have your fair share of them.
In reply to the question have other clubs (fans) helped, at one point last week Brighton and Bury were fighting to see who could buy most!!
Incidentally, one of the bury lads told us man u fans bought loads of their seats, but it is next door. They have no seats left, indeed we are informed they are now selling bricks!
I am a nottingham boy who supports the imps, (got dragged by my old fella when a kid), lots of people in notts have bought seats and in leicester (where i work) the response has been good.
Finally, i would add my own thanks to you chaps who have helped, and to Al i understand your point mateb but we are also trying to support the airdrie lads.
most of us are on our board at impnet.co.uk if you fancy a look.
cheers. Vin

ps skank lives in tottenham for his sins, narf.

Pistike
08-05-2002, 03:10 PM
What thoroughly nice people, glad I helped them (a little bit) now.

biggus mickus
08-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Come on guys, I have just been on thier site. They are very happy with us. Remember when we were in the crap, its good knowing someone cares. Hands in pockets, and do the right thing.:p

Riccardo
28-05-2002, 03:27 PM
LINCOLN GIVEN CASH BOOST

Cash-strapped Lincoln City have been given a £50,000 boost by Lincoln City Council for the development of Sincil Bank's Centre of Excellence.

The Imps, who are in administration, were offered the cash to help promote the club's image and improve Lincoln's youth set-up.

Lincoln Council's Chief Executive Andrew Taylor said: "The feelgood factor that a successful football side brings to a town is priceless.

"The City Council is extremely proud to join other funding partners in securing the support for The Centre of Excellence."

Lincoln chairman Rob Bradley also expressed his delight, claiming that "this is another overwhelming example of how the Lincoln community has come together to support the Football Club."

He added: "With the crisis that we're going through it is truly becoming a people's club and a community club."

SKYSPORTS.com

Anerley Eagle
24-06-2002, 01:16 PM
from sky sports

Lincoln City have secured their survival for at least the next two years after a rescue plan was unanimously approved.

The cash-strapped club were placed into administration in May and were forced to undertake a massive cost-cutting campaign which included parting company with manager Alan Buckley.

But at a meeting held at Sincil Bank it was agreed that the major creditors will settle for a percentage of the moneys they are owed.

That means the club are now clear to move out of administration before the start of the new season.

Administrator Mike Ellingworth, of Begbies Traynor, said: "It gives me immense pleasure to return your club to you, especially without ever having to play a match under administration. I wish you well and every success for the future."

hong_kong_hg
06-08-2002, 04:29 AM
Well done Lincoln City and its fans

Fans of Lincoln City were praised by a judge who said they had helped save the football club as he allowed it out of administration.
The club's future now looks secure after a hearing at the High Court in Birmingham on Monday discharged the administration order which had been imposed three months ago.

It follows an agreement between shareholders and creditors which has guaranteed the Sincil Bank club for the next two years.

The club went into administration after suffering severe financial problems following the collapse of ITV Digital.

Under the new rescue plan major creditors will settle for a percentage of the money they are owed.

Smaller, unsecured, creditors will be given shares in the club instead of having their debts paid off.

Hundreds of thousands of pounds has been raised by fans by methods including a seating naming scheme.

Even Sixties singer Gene Pitney helped out the club, having 10 seats at the ground named after him.

More money has also been committed by directors at the club and the local authority has supported a centre of excellence at Sincil Bank over the next two years.

(c) BBC Sport

biggus mickus
06-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Very good news. A good club, with very good fans. Well done, and have a good season. Fill that ground, and stay afloat.:p

hong_kong_hg
08-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Well what a season it turned out to be for the Imps! :)

Despite denying my "second" team, Oxford, a playoff spot, I'll be rooting for the red'n'whites to make it to division two.

:)