PDA

View Full Version : Cheer on Sven and the boys in Glaziers

Dodger
03-05-2002, 02:16 PM
Crystal Palace Football Club are pleased to announce that the big kick-off to the World Cup for Sven and the boys can be seen in the Glaziers and Players Bar at Selhurst Park.

What better way to enjoy the World Cup this summer than with fellow football fans at Selhurst? Why not enjoy a meal and an early pint while cheering on Beckham and co.

Admission is free to all the games and whether it's the opener against the Swedes or the return of Argentina, remember it's all live and free at CPFC!

Why not join us and have a hand in beating Argentina!

Sunday 2nd June 10.30am England v Sweden (Doors open at 9am)
Friday 7th June 12.30pm England v Argentina (Doors open at 11am)
Wednesday 12th June 7.30am England v Nigeria (Doors open at 7am)

Wonder how many will turn up for England v Nigeria?

anti-addick
03-05-2002, 02:34 PM
Good timing for a midweek game since it's before work for a huge amount of people. I shall just wander in slightly late.

g23
03-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Democracy in action! Well played PeterH for bringing the idea to their attention at the Fans' Forum.

Ouch that Hurt!
03-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Dodger
!

Wonder how many will turn up for England v Nigeria?

I've taken that week off work so sounds like a good idea to me. I assume the bar will be open.

PeterH
04-05-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by g23
Democracy in action! Well played PeterH for bringing the idea to their attention at the Fans' Forum.

Thanks Gavin, SJ sounded doubtful on the night. Unfortunately I hope to be watching all the games from Chile so will not be able to support the venture I proposed.

I wonder whether they have a license to serve beer for the Nigeria game.

I do hope a fair few go down there to make it worth the clubs while, may be excellent should England proceed.

PeterH
07-05-2002, 04:32 AM
Although I motioned this at the Forum and I will not be there to support it, I think its liable to be a flop. The more you think about it the less likely fans, especially those that dont live nearby, are going to watch the games here. Hands up to this one but at least SJ showed an interest.

Not willinging to put the final rocket under this scheme, I read in the Observer of a great place to see the Argentina game. Epsom have got the Oaks that afternoon and hoping to lure footie punters with seven giant screens, plus a multitude of other tellys im sure.

Now Horse Racing at a local track, a classic race, Friday afternoon and the footie. That sounds quite good to me, especially if you get the winners of both the classics run that day. :p

Sorry Simon, if I was in the country I might have had to desert you for this. What he should do is make sure the fact that Glaziers is open and what they are offering to World Cup punters is advertised fully at the Players Do and in the Advertiser.

SKATE
08-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
I read in the Observer of a great place to see the Argentina game. Epsom have got the Oaks that afternoon and hoping to lure footie punters with seven giant screens, plus a multitude of other tellys im sure.

Now Horse Racing at a local track, a classic race, Friday afternoon and the footie. That sounds quite good to me, especially if you get the winners of both the classics run that day. :p

Now that does sound like a great day out! Anyone fancy it???

PeterH
08-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Wish I could Jane, booked and paid for my flights and that now. I dont think that Epsom are charging any more to get in they are just concerned about losing punters to the football I suspect.

PeterH
09-05-2002, 04:37 PM
Article in the Croydon Post certainly suggests that early pints will be served in Glaziers, as well as food.

Doors open: Sweden 9am, Argentina 11am (I think), Nigeria 7am (:eek: ).