Gianluca Zambrotta - Juventus
Cristiano Zanetti - Inter

Forwards:
Alessandro del Piero - Juventus
Marco Delvecchio - Roma
Filippo Inzaghi - Milan
Vincenzo Montella - Roma
Christian Vieri - Inter

Well I'd say that is an impressive line up. 14 of the 23 were in the Italian squad that went to Euro 2000, and this team actually looks a lot stronger than that. Most noteably Vieri was missing from Euro 2000 along with Buffon. Also another thing I picked up on, is that like England Italy could be taking a whole squad of internationals from their home league(s), if you include that Fiorentina will be in Serie B next season. The only exception is Coco who plays for the scum in Spain (On loan from Milan), and England have the possibilty of one foreign based player (unlikely I know) in Real Madrid's Steve McManaman :D Who says the foreigners are ruining the English game? Oh one other point which isn't actually relevant, but who the Hell were the players, playing for England against China in the Toulon Tournie the other day, I aint heard of none of them, have we sent the U-20's instead of the U-21's? :confused:

What?
08-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Thats an impressive squad i must say. But they are only 23 human beings. They are by no means unbeatable, except some of them WILL use banned substances, because thats what happens in Italy.

England Squad tommorow, does anybody know what time the announcement is too be made?

I presume it will be live on Sky Sports News??

zonin2000
08-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
England have the possibilty of one foreign based player (unlikely I know) in Real Madrid's Steve McManaman :D Who says the foreigners are ruining the English game?

I fail to see your point here?? :confused:

Daddy Long
08-05-2002, 09:36 PM

Midfielders:
Francesco Coco - Barcelona
Luigi di Biagio - Inter
Angelo di Livio - Fiorentina
Cristiano Doni - Atalanta
Gennaro Gattuso - Milan
Damiano Tommasi - Roma
Francesco Totti - Roma

This is their weakness IMHO. I don't rate any combination of those players as better than our midfield. Obviously they are not cack players but the Italian defense and attack is alot stronger.

Latvian Eagle
08-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

I fail to see your point here?? :confused:

My point is that both teams are very much based on home grown players. So where's all this nonsense that foreigners are ruining the national game? You look at some countries and yes the majority of their players play abroad, e.g Argentina and Brazil, but the top European countries pick players based in their own leagues

zonin2000
08-05-2002, 10:05 PM
My point is that both teams are very much based on home grown players. So where's all this nonsense that foreigners are ruining the national game? You look at some countries and yes the majority of their players play abroad, e.g Argentina and Brazil, but the top European countries pick players based in their own leagues

Almost every single national team player is home grown!! There are very few exceptions (Hargreaves, Olisadebe). The amount of foreigners in the Premiership has no bearing whatsoever on whether national team players are home grown! The argument is that the amount of foreigners in the Premiership prevent English players being given a chance in the first team, thus stunting their development.

El Aguila
08-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

Almost every single national team player is home grown!! There are very few exceptions (Hargreaves, Olisadebe). The amount of foreigners in the Premiership has no bearing whatsoever on whether national team players are home grown! The argument is that the amount of foreigners in the Premiership prevent English players being given a chance in the first team, thus stunting their development.
Leave him alone, he's a Real Madrid fan and they are not noted for being very bright.

zonin2000
08-05-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila

Leave him alone, he's a Real Madrid fan and they are not noted for being very bright.

:)

he's not really un Madrileno (mi teclado no tiene n + ~), nadamas lo dice para enojarte. Tampoco es un 'tifosi' de la 'squadra azzuri', ni le va al Bayer Leverkusen. Es un (bueno, una) Aguila!

Boris the charltonhater
09-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Goalkeepers:
Gianluigi Buffon - Juventus
Francesco Toldo - Inter
Christian Abbiati - Milan

Defenders:
Fabio Cannavaro - Parma
Mark Iuliano - Juventus
Paolo Maldini - Milan
Marco Materazzi - Inter
Alessandro Nesta - Lazio
Christian Panucci - Roma

Midfielders:
Francesco Coco - Barcelona
Luigi di Biagio - Inter
Angelo di Livio - Fiorentina
Cristiano Doni - Atalanta
Gennaro Gattuso - Milan
Damiano Tommasi - Roma
Francesco Totti - Roma

Forwards:
Alessandro del Piero - Juventus
Marco Delvecchio - Roma
Filippo Inzaghi - Milan
Vincenzo Montella - Roma
Christian Vieri - Inter

Where is Fiore? :eek:

Latvian Eagle
09-05-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Boris

Where is Fiore? :eek:

Dropped :o

zonin2000
09-05-2002, 09:17 PM
he hasn't really performed this season for Lazio has he?

Doni a better player and in better form IMHO.

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-05-2002, 09:39 PM
Who care's.....Greasy italians.

AddiscombeEagle
09-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Who care's.....Greasy italians.

Top man, well thought out response. I like it.:p

Sir.S.C Remembered
10-05-2002, 01:07 AM
I laugh in the face of Delvecchio, the man is terrible with a terrible scoring record too. How he made it ahead of De Vaio who has been scoring consistently in a relegation(but I love Parma!) threatened side in Parma.

Midfield looks quite weak

Sir.S.C Remembered
10-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Di Livio has never been great either and now ancient!

AJ
10-05-2002, 01:12 AM
It really doesn't matter what position the Italians claim someone plays in, as you go be asured for 90% of their games, they will have 10 men behind the ball:rolleyes:

sydney eagle
10-05-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Who care's.....Greasy italians. Brilliant:p

sydney eagle
10-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by AJ
It really doesn't matter what position the Italians claim someone plays in, as you go be asured for 90% of their games, they will have 10 men behind the ball:rolleyes: absolutely right:)

I wonder if their skin tight shirts will stop them from being a bunch of diving tw@ts now since the shirt is supposedly untuggable(sp?)

2can
10-05-2002, 01:23 AM
Where's Lombardo?!? :moo:

Latvian Eagle
10-05-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
absolutely right:)

I wonder if their skin tight shirts will stop them from being a bunch of diving tw@ts now since the shirt is supposedly untuggable(sp?)

Actually the shirt is more tuggable :p I have one, and the idea is that when a players shirt is pulled, the extra 50cm it stretches allows the player to get away from the opponent pulling the shirt, and it stretches so the referee can clearly see the players shirt is being pulled ;)

What?
10-05-2002, 02:03 AM
LOL! You got one of them poofta shirts! LOL

Latvian Eagle
10-05-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by What?
LOL! You got one of them poofta shirts! LOL

Ey I might have a poofta shirt, but at least I aint a poofta like you ey? ;)