PDA

View Full Version : Dyer

JohnA
12-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Kieron (sic) Dyer, looks like he's out. Unbalances the England team. Why did the Saint's player do this in a nothing game.

Chantelle
12-05-2002, 01:27 PM
it was a terrible challenge - but why is he so injury prone - similarly gerrard and owen.

our biggest challenge is keeping our players fit

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 03:39 PM
From skysports.com

Sky Sports understands that Kieron Dyer hasn't sustained ligament damage, following a scan on his knee.

However, the unlucky midfielder still faces a race against time to be fit for England's World Cup opener against Sweden on June 2.

The Newcastle midfielder was carried off the pitch on Saturday after a horror tackle from Tahar El Khalej in Southampton's victory over the Magpies.

Magpies boss Bobby Robson stated: "Kieron's jarred his knee extensively. He's a bit tearful and he's in pain and it's tender. But we agreed to let the England medical team take him on board - he is effectively their player from now on.

"It would be a very cruel blow for him to miss the World Cup. He was going to Ipswich on Saturday night to get his gear ready for assembling with the squad on Monday."

There was better news for Sven Goran Eriksson after Gerard Houllier revealed that Steven Gerrard's groin strain is not as serious as first feared.

The influential midfielder was substituted in the first-half of the Reds' demolition of Ipswich with a reccurence of his old injury, but Houllier said: "It's the same injury as before. The players are no longer mine now, they are Sven's. It is up to him what he does.

"We were mindful of the players going to the World Cup. We told them to tell us if they felt anything, any twinges, and we would get them straight off. That's what we did because there was no way that we would be taking any risks."

Sven Goran Eriksson will bring us up to date with the injury news at a press conference at 13.00. We will bring you the news as soon as it happens

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Ligament damage, lovely. :grrr:

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by hellsbells

says "hasn't sustained ligament damage", go on.. back to bed with you!

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 03:50 PM
I need help, can't read lol

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 06:10 PM
update, from skysports.com

Kieron Dyer will miss the World Cup finals after scans on his injured knee revealed ligament damage, and there are fears fellow midfielder Steven Gerrard may need an operation on his groin.

Scans on Dyer's knee, injured in a reckless tackle by Southampton defender Tahar El-Khalej, revealed ligament damage, and Sven Goran Eriksson admitted it would need 'a miracle' for the Newcastle man to make the finals.

It is expected to be four weeks before Dyer can resume training, midway through England's Group F schedule, and Liverpool's Danny Murphy has been called up from standby.

A downbeat Eriksson said: "I feel very sorry for Dyer - he has been extremely unlucky. What happened was not a muscle problem but a bad tackle and that happens in football.

"He is absolutely destroyed.

Gerrard: doctors 'not optimistic'

It's a knee ligament problem, and even if everything goes 100% well it can take at least four weeks to recover."

Murphy's Anfield team-mate Gerrard limped out of his side's last-day win over Ipswich, and he will see a surgeon this week to determine whether or not he needs surgery.

But he is definitely out of the training trip to Dubai, and the signs are not good.

Eriksson confirmed: "Steven Gerrard is not coming with us tomorrow. So that means that Beckham has some problems, Butt some problems, Dyer almost for sure out, and Gerrard some problems.

"But we will have to wait on Steven, but I spoke to doctors today and they were not optimistic at all. This Sunday has not started well at all."

West Ham's Trevor Sinclair has been placed on standby, and is the likely replacement should Gerrard fail to make the trip.

Eriksson refused to bemoan his misfortune, though, and expressed faith in the remaining members of his squad to make the Korea/Japan a success.

"I know that we might play without two very good footballers, three with Gary Neville as well, but we have a lot of good players and I go there optimistic," he said.

What?
12-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Oh dear! This is a very bad thing! I think the Gerrard situation has been blown out of proportion though.

zonin2000
12-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Right, we need to change everything now.

Seaman

Ferdinand
Southgate Campbell

Hargreaves A.Cole
Beckham Gerrard Scholes

Owen Vassell

Attack 'em with pace.

Then bring Sheringham and JC on after an hour. Oh and start Heskey against Argentina to rough em up.

England- Fight till the death and never give up :veryangry:.

LLCOOLSTEVE
12-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Take it Murphy has been called up???

pete eagle
12-05-2002, 11:09 PM
taking a look at Ashley cole and Wayne Bridge down the left as a pair is now a necessity.

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
taking a look at Ashley cole and Wayne Bridge down the left as a pair is now a necessity.

Indeed it is, there are 2 friendlies soon. South Korea and Cameroon... i suggest the first one to test it out. Cameroon might be more of a challenge.

Stavros 69
12-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Right its time to ring up Macca and bring him into the squad in my opinion.

GUCCI Eagle
12-05-2002, 11:34 PM
I'd rather leave a small traffic cone on the edge of the pitch than bring McMannaman. We'll go out in the groups anyway, only problem is that we won't have Phil Neville to blame it all on afterwards.

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 11:35 PM

Oh dear...wish I'd never said that....tempted fate. Bollox :veryangry

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 11:37 PM

Oh dear...wish I'd never said that....tempted fate. Bollox :veryangry

Yeah forget that Southampton player who kicked him up in the air, it's YOUR fault!! :veryangry :moo:

Trevor Sinclair is the new standby... hm. Not sure about that one. Carrick is out of the U21 Championships.. and suddenly we are low on midfielders! Grr!

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 11:39 PM
I'd put Macca on standby before Trevor Sinclair. Neither have been 'good' for England, especially not Macca, but he has better experience at international and club level.

GUCCI Eagle
12-05-2002, 11:41 PM
I'd rather we could take an extra bag of training balls on the plane than either of them.

LLCOOLSTEVE
12-05-2002, 11:45 PM
Nick Barmby anyone????

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
I'd rather we could take an extra bag of training balls on the plane than either of them.

Probably have about the same IQ as Sinclair.

Barmby - hasn't played for decades, not really properly fit, injury prone, otherwise yes I'd take him!

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Anderton? Parlour *shudder*?

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Darren Anderton for a pretty face, nothing else! It's only Ray Parlour....no way.

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 11:54 PM
Darren Anderton for a pretty face, nothing else! It's only Ray Parlour....no way.

Haha "its only Ray Parlour", that cracked me up on Soccer Am yesterday! Almost as much as the spanish matadors and the air force colonel. Hah.

Who else is there, as possibles? Phil Neville can "play" (stand) on the left hand side.

hellsbells
12-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Phil Neville can also attempt to be Argentinian/Swedish/Nigerian footballer of the year, to go with his award in 2000 of 'Romanian footballer of the year'.

palacenut
12-05-2002, 11:56 PM
How about Matt Jansen to replace him.

Daniel_Nash
12-05-2002, 11:57 PM
Is Carragher crocked? Le Saux?

Jimbo ?
13-05-2002, 12:21 AM
not a great build up is it!!!

13-05-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by palacenut
How about Matt Jansen to replace him.

Why do we need another striker ??

pete eagle
13-05-2002, 02:47 AM
funniest clip on 2DTV yesterday about the England squad, Sven and Phil Neville

sydney eagle
13-05-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
I'd rather we could take an extra bag of training balls on the plane than either of them. couldn't of said it better myself:)

zonin2000
13-05-2002, 02:50 AM
If I had my way, Anderton would not only be in the squad but in the starting 11 now that Dyer is injured.

palacenut
13-05-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered

Why do we need another striker ??

:p

Stavros 69
13-05-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle
funniest clip on 2DTV yesterday about the England squad, Sven and Phil Neville

I just saw it and laughed my head off. I think there was a squirt of wee got away from me :o

Steve in Phoenix
13-05-2002, 03:09 AM
Carragher is due for some operation this summer.. apparently Sven discounted him when he learned of it.

zonin - I'd be taking Anderton too. :(

But my choice on the left would be Joe Cole. 1990 - Gazza made a late run into the team.. 1998 - Owen similarly wasnt a starter.... gotta give Joe Cole (the man with the Gazza number) the chance to make No.11 his own!

(Use Hargreaves/Bridge on the left when we need more defense..)

LLCOOLSTEVE
13-05-2002, 03:11 AM
Would still give Barmby a run out it one of the two friendlys coming up.

Stavros 69
13-05-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Would still give Barmby a run out it one of the two friendlys coming up.

i'd still rather take Macca. Is Dune or Duff available i cant remember which is english :rolleyes: . The one that is U21 captin is the one i would take.

LLCOOLSTEVE
13-05-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Stavros 69

i'd still rather take Macca. Is Dune or Duff available i cant remember which is english :rolleyes: . The one that is U21 captin is the one i would take.

Dunn....v good player, uncapped though, not very experienced but worth a run out in the friendlys maybe.

Stavros 69
13-05-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

Dunn ........not very experienced

Well he's been playing for the U21's for ages and the Premiership. No difference between him and Joe Cole in my mind.

Oz_da_Eagle
13-05-2002, 04:16 AM
only problem is that we won't have Phil Neville to blame it all on afterwards.

anyone see the sven bit on 2DTV?

quite funny and fitting

:D

zonin2000
14-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix
[B]But my choice on the left would be Joe Cole. 1990 - Gazza made a late run into the team[B]

Was Gazza in the starting line up at the begining of Italia 90? Does anyone know where I can find information about England's line ups in that tournament?

Daniel_Nash
14-05-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

Was Gazza in the starting line up at the begining of Italia 90? Does anyone know where I can find information about England's line ups in that tournament?

I have a video about England's Italia 90 campaign, i'll look on it this afternoon if you like.

Wol
14-05-2002, 06:03 PM
I never really rated Joe Cole before this season but I have waych him constantly (my mate is a West ham fan) and he is the one for the left hand side, he has played done the left on numerous occasions this season and has always looked deadly when he has the ball. Anderton played on the left in Euro 96 when Venables played him as a left wing back, so he would be a good sub to call up. Sinclair has his moments of glory but he is not world class.

Clubby
15-05-2002, 12:33 AM
[i]

Barmby - hasn't played for decades, not really properly fit, injury prone, otherwise yes I'd take him! [/B]

I thought Barmby was great against Germany

Calder2
06-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Kieron Dyer has just been given a new 4 year deal worth 80,000pw. Are Newcastle trully mad?!? Where do i start with this one?

oz_da II
06-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Calder2
Kieron Dyer has just been given a new 4 year deal worth 80,000pw. Are Newcastle trully mad?!? Where do i start with this one?

More cash than brains.
I really can't understand this.
If there was anyone further away from a model professional it is K. Dyer.

I'm looking forward to hearing some comments from NUFC about justifying this contract.

sydney eagle
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
you're joking,right? PLEASE tell me you're joking:eek:

oz_da II
06-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle

From the Mirror so it's probably bollocks.

Calder2
06-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle

BBC: Dyer poised to sign (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4679505.stm)

:eek: