PDA

View Full Version : saviola left out

oli
14-05-2002, 04:30 PM
argentina have left saviola out of their world cup squad. Must say i am suprised as he has always looked a tidy player when I have seen barca play. Guess it just shows how strong their squad is. Time to panic!

The Omen
14-05-2002, 05:18 PM
He has had a bad season in Spain with Barcelona. Talk Sport put him in there worst Primiera players list this season.

Elephant with mouse gyp
14-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Is this the final squad, or the players on that training camp in Italy? I know it is more or less the same thing, but the pedant in me would like to know.

Fat Andy
14-05-2002, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't exactly say he's had a bad season. 21 goals in all competitions for a 20 year old doesn't seem too shabby to me ! It says a lot about Argentinas attacking options if he has been left out.

Daniel_Nash
14-05-2002, 05:35 PM
But they have included Caniggia instead!!!! :eek:

oli
14-05-2002, 06:27 PM
It is not the final squad but the squad for the training camp in italy. It seems he has choosen, ortega and aimar from valencia to play in the number 10 role instead.

El Aguila
14-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
He has had a bad season in Spain with Barcelona. Talk Sport put him in there worst Primiera players list this season.
Well, most Barcelona fans would tell you that he's been one of the three or four BEST players of this season - dunno what TalkSport is, but they're wrong. Strange decision by Bielsa - but he does make them. A lot of the midfielders he's taking play in the centre, as well - bit short of options for wide players.

Random*
14-05-2002, 08:13 PM
I'm starting to reform my opinion of Argentina as dead certs for the World Cup.

They don't have enough penetration down the flanks... and they're weak at the back... I also don't know how much they have a front player that can single handedly break through a defence, like Owen or Henry... Brazil to win it.

I know I'm gonna get shouted down for this one.

15-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Well i didnt expect to hear that.

France

sydney eagle
15-05-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Random*
Brazil to win it.

I think boring old 11 men behind the ball Italy could be the ones.:(

15-05-2002, 10:32 AM
I think he's been left out to concentrate on his move from Barcelona to Palace.

Apparently, Jordan has offered and 1000 (paid over 48 months) a bag of old phones, a large bag of manure and Adi Akinbiyi as part of the deal. Barcelona are stalling oon the deal at present as they can use the 1000, reactiviate the mobiles, and spread the horse shi t on the pitch, they just can't see a valid use for Akinbiyi!! :):):):)