PDA

View Full Version : England World Cup Tickets

The Omen
15-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Anyone got any England tickets for sale? I'm planning on buying when I get to Japan, but if I could get hold of any now it would be a big help! :)

Skin Up
15-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Rob a bank and then go to

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ebaytag1code=0&query=england+world+cup+tickets

Pamber Eagle
15-05-2002, 04:19 PM
The best place is
www.wcticketexchange.com
BUT be prepared to re mortgage your house as prices not cheap. Best price for Group games =$250 -300 per match+.
If you go to the englandfans website you will get a lot of hints and suggestions!

The Omen
15-05-2002, 04:20 PM
Thats a joke - anyone who pays that much is a complete mug.

The Omen
15-05-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm prepared to pay around 200 max per match (If I really have to). The stadiums are around 40,000 all seaters and there is only 10,000 England fans going. I can't see there being any shortage of tickets being sold out there.

Skin Up
15-05-2002, 04:27 PM
On a similar note does anyone have a link/address on how to join the England travel club, I can't afford Japan but i'm thinking of joining now in the hope of getting near the front of the que for Portugal and the 2006 qualifiers.

The Omen
15-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Skin Up
On a similar note does anyone have a link/address on how to join the England travel club, I can't afford Japan but i'm thinking of joining now in the hope of getting near the front of the que for Portugal and the 2006 qualifiers.

http://www.the-fa.org/englandfans/

I've been following the England team everywhere for years and still haven't got round to joining!! :rolleyes:

The Omen
15-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Someone just offered me three tickets for 1000!!! LMFAO! Can't believe some people are willing to pay that.

I just hope that these tickets don't get left behind in England with the seller because they can't get rid of them at the prices they are wanting. :grrr:

Skin Up
15-05-2002, 04:39 PM
Doubt it, there will always be people with more money than sense.

16-05-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
I'm prepared to pay around 200 max per match (If I really have to). The stadiums are around 40,000 all seaters and there is only 10,000 England fans going. I can't see there being any shortage of tickets being sold out there.

I reckon you will need to get to the venues a few days before the game to get a ticket at a reasonable price.
This will be from the local's allocation,the local entrepeneurs (sp?) will be looking to make a killing.
Where do you get your figure of 10,000 English from?
However the Japanese are football mad and if they are anything like the Thai's you won't have a chance.
How much did you pay for your England v Argentina ticket in St.Etienne?
I was lucky getting one on the day for 250 quid there were many others who missed out who would have paid much more.
Good watching the touts get robbed though.
If they don't do the big screens like they didn't do at St Etienne its a horrible place to be when the game is on.
So near but so far.
Mates of mine were crowded round a small TV with about 30 others.
Good luck anyway.

Pamber Eagle
16-05-2002, 03:33 PM
If you go to the englandfand chat line, there is story today about a local Jap politician in Tokyo who has openly said Jap women are going to be raped by marauding Enland fans " producing unwanted foreign babies"! Apart from the fact that this is utter crap, the Japs apparently are all falling for the tabloid press scaremongering approach. So, given that Saitama hold over 50,000 for Sweden game i would expect there to be lots of availablity for tickets.

Whether we will be at all welcome there is another matter, but if you went to France you will know all about that!

The Omen
16-05-2002, 03:58 PM
The difference is France is just across the water from us, making it so easy for the English to get there. Supposedly there are around 8,000 English going to Japan according to a report I read today. There was at least 4 times that in France - and I don't think that many English will risk going out there without tickets.

There will be tickets available - I'm sure of it.

AJ1969
16-05-2002, 04:04 PM
As per previous post in which you claimed that folk paying between 200 & 300 US Dollars per match are mugs, then your below statement makes you a mug as 200 Quid is approx 320 Dollars :D

I'm prepared to pay around 200 max per match

The Omen
16-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by AJ1969
As per previous post in which you claimed that folk paying between 200 & 300 US Dollars per match are mugs, then your below statement makes you a mug as 200 Quid is approx 320 Dollars :D

I wasn't actually replying to the second post, but to the first one whos link took me to a page that had lots of tickets for sale at a lot more than $300.

Still, I think I am a mug if I pay 200 for a match, but seeing as i'll be in Japan - it will be a bit annoying if I don't see any games due to the price of the tickets!

redandblue
21-05-2002, 05:26 PM
I think that 200 for a World Cup ticket to see a top nation is not that bad, tcikets for the Euro 96 England Scotalnd game were going for twice that.

The Omen
21-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Got offered cat 2 tickets for Sweden and Nigeria at 250 and 225.

Must admit, I'm thinking of buckling! Feel a bit stupid after all that "I wont pay silly money talk!" :sob:

I'm just worried how the black market is going to work out there. Usually you ask a bloke, he rings a few people, someone gets back to him 5 mins later and then he lets you know what is available. Problem is - no one will have mobiles out there.

Maybe I'm just getting last minute nerves. I may get the Sweden ticket and then worry about the others when I get to Japan.

OH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! :confused: :sob: :sob:

Twyford Bee
22-05-2002, 01:30 AM
400 for an England v Scotland ticket? That's beyond ridiculous. If people had sent off their application forms in 1994 like good little boys they could have got the whole Wembley pack for that (My dad and I saw the 6 games at Wembley for 230 each, and we were in the 2nd cheapest category). And we got this deal simply by being a domestic STH.

Regarding englandfans, I've been to more than 90% of England's home games since Autumn 95 and we only joined the England Travel Club (as it was then called) after failing to get tickets for the England vs Scotland Euro 2000 play-off. Up until then my dad had just kept phoning up the day they went on sale.

The new englandfans club is great if you like going to away games because going to an away game gives you the right to priority for the next home game. Unlike the old club, just being a club member is no longer enough to get home tickets. For example, we only got priority for the Italy game at Elland Road by going to Holland away in March. The Paraguay game had no member priority whatsover, not even if you'd been to every single home and away game in recent times.

On the 2 occasions when we've used the club to get tickets for away games, (Munich and Amsterdam), they allocate 70% of the tickets to people who have more than X "caps" (loyalty points), and the remaining 30% are balloted amongst the less loyal supporters who apply for consideration. In reality I think this means you can go to almost any away game you want to. What it doesn't mean, sadly, is that you can get tickets for crucial qualifiers at home by having paid 20 a year to join.

When we were coming home from Amsterdam, the tour rep asked the clerk if he could have a seat next to us (the old fart and the student), which pretty much sums up what the rest of the party were like!

Pamber Eagle
22-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Suggest you try www.WCTicketExchange.com - lots there for sale!

AJ1969
22-05-2002, 02:12 PM
During Euro 2000 I bought a black market ticket for the Eng - Portugal game for +/- 30 quid. Got that by reading classifieds in a Dutch newspaper. I suggest you read the classifieds in the English language dailys / weeklys in Korea / Japan. You may have some luck that way. Good luck and dont worry about the tickets - you're bound to find some out there...

Axie
22-05-2002, 08:26 PM
...... Problem is - no one will have mobiles out there.

Ahh but you could...............

World Cup travellers offered mobile service

Football fans are being offered a way to phone home from South Korea and Japan as both countries use systems incompatible with UK handsets.

Orange has set up a rental service offering compatible phones and local numbers.

The service is charged at 37 a week to rent the phone. It's 88p a minute for local calls and 2.64 a minute for calls to the UK.

Fans must arrange to receive the phones before they leave. The offering is available via the Orange Phone Retail line on 0845 607 1948 and is open to customers of all UK phone networks.

They are billed when the call records are received from the foreign network on their return.

Story filed: 16:18 Wednesday 22nd May 2002

The Omen
24-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Ok, I've got ALL my tickets now! I ended up paying 675 for all 3 England group games. I spoke to lots of people and everyone agreed that I got quite a good deal - especially seeing some Eng vs Arg tickets are selling for 700!!

Also managed to get tickets to all 3 Ireland games for 150 - although I can't make the Ireland vs Cameroon match. Look out for me - i'll be the guy in the Palace top cheering Morrison on!! :p