PDA

View Full Version : Tony Vidmar

BVB Bob
15-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Just been released by Rangers. Whenever I've seen him he always looks quite solid. Can play at the back or in midfield. Would he be worth a look? Would he come to Palace? Says he wants 1st team football....

Dartford Lad
15-05-2002, 04:43 PM
I think he would be just the sort of player that TF would buy........ An ageing cast-off :rolleyes:

Lee B
15-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
I think he would be just the sort of player that TF would buy........ An ageing cast-off :rolleyes:

Oooh put 'em away....;)

Dartford Lad
15-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Lee B

Oooh put 'em away....;)

:) Its been a tough day! :cool:

Daddy Long
15-05-2002, 04:55 PM
These old boys go one of two ways, the Hendry way or the Ruddock way. If we felt that he could make a valid contribution to us, in much the same way that Hendry did for Bolton in their promotion campaign (he was awesome) then he'd be worth a squirt. But he could just be a mercenary looking for one last pay day before his knees give way under his spiralling weight a la Ruddock.

King Tubby
15-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
These old boys go one of two ways, the Hendry way or the Ruddock way. If we felt that he could make a valid contribution to us, in much the same way that Hendry did for Bolton in their promotion campaign (he was awesome) then he'd be worth a squirt. But he could just be a mercenary looking for one last pay day before his knees give way under his spiralling weight a la Ruddock.

We do need a real leader on the pitch, "Club Captain ****" Austin's not up to it, Popovich I don't see as quite a leader, fantastic player as he is, and Symons just hasn't played enough, he might turn out really well. Reckon an inspirational midfielder a la Houghton/Lombardo is more important though, as we are predominatntly an attacking side, the manager excepted:rolleyes: , would Vidmar play in defence or midfield for us?

ozeagle
15-05-2002, 05:09 PM
don't dare do it, single handedly responsible for us not getting to the WC.
:sob:

Daddy Long
15-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle

single handedly? Thats quite an effort. He must have had quite a few responsibilities - scoring goals, saving goals, substituting himself, tactics etc if it was single handedly his fault that you couldn't beat Uraguay :)

Dartford Lad
15-05-2002, 05:11 PM

Can't we all blame Muscat for the Aussie's failure?!?!? ;)

BVB Bob
15-05-2002, 05:21 PM
That'll be the same Muscat that's just nikced Vidmar's place in the Rangers squad then!

Jimbo ?
16-05-2002, 02:18 AM
I wouldnt be unhappy to see Vidmar come to CPFC a decent steady player but i admit i would rather have Muscat

sydney eagle
16-05-2002, 02:24 AM
:sob: I'd be putting more of the blame on a fat striker from leeds Oz;)

ozeagle
16-05-2002, 02:34 AM
single handedly....
and a gay bloke from feyonoord didn't help matters...

:grrr:

sydney eagle
16-05-2002, 02:36 AM
single handedly....

:grrr: I quite like Brett emerton but you're right,he was pathetic in those two games

Skid Row
16-05-2002, 03:01 AM
single handedly....

:grrr:
The sooner you face the facts that we're arent as good as what you think we are the better it will be for everyone.

sydney eagle
16-05-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Skid Row

The sooner you face the facts that we're arent as good as what you think we are the better it will be for everyone. The voice of reason Skid:)