PDA

View Full Version : Martin Rowlands

Evil Eagle
15-05-2002, 07:51 PM
We all know that the priority for next season is to bring in a midfield player who can tackle, pass and produce the magic on the pitch to win games. On previous threads I read that we should go after Michael Brown, well realisticly Sheffield United will demand a fee of approximately 3 million for him plus his wages demands will be fairly high. Jason Koumas would be the dream signing but I would hate to see what kind of package we would offer to secure his services.

I have monitored the progress of Martin Rowlands from Brentford who I think would make a great signing for the club. With Brentford now in the process off loading players his transfer fee and wage demand would be a lot less than Koumas and Brown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
O COURSE I MAY NOT ALWAYS BE RIGHT BUT I'M NEVER WRONG

What?
15-05-2002, 07:54 PM
We could deffaintly get him quite cheap, but im not sure how good he would be!

Evil Eagle
15-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by What?
We could deffaintly get him quite cheap, but im not sure how good he would be!

Believe me when I say that this player is now ready to set the first division alight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
O COURSE I MAY NOT ALWAYS BE RIGHT BUT I'M NEVER WRONG

LLCOOLSTEVE
15-05-2002, 08:27 PM
More a winger though.

BUNGLE
15-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Evil Eagle

Believe me when I say that this player is now ready to set the first division alight.

I was under the impression that he hasn't been setting much alight recently.

CK
15-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Evil Eagle
We all know that the priority for next season is to bring in a midfield player who can tackle, pass and produce the magic on the pitch to win games.

The way things are going the priority for next season will be to have a team at all, never mind being picky

Neckinger Eagle
16-05-2002, 01:15 AM
There wasn't one single Brentford player in the play-off final who looked to be good enough for the First Division. I thought Rowlands spent most of the time chatting to his mates in the stand? He certainly didn't kick the ball much.

I'm depressed. Have we sunk so low that we can only dream of signing Ronnie Noades' cast offs?

Jimbo ?
16-05-2002, 02:14 AM
i Have heard alot of him playing well for brentford and would be well worth signing

Jimbo ?
16-05-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle
I'm depressed. Have we sunk so low that we can only dream of signing Ronnie Noades' cast offs? [/B]

I think of it as collecting off the cream!!!

1957Eagle
16-05-2002, 02:20 AM
Having watched this guy during his time at Farnborough Town and having read of his performances for Brentford I rate him on his ability. Only question mark is whether he has recovered 100 per cent in terms of pace from his bad injury last season. Only one way to find out - buy him!

dannyturner
16-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Any substantiation to this Martin Rowlands thing, or is this more mental football managment, mental being the operative word. I thought this was the transfer hotline, but it seems to have metamorphosised (changed) into the fantasy transfer thread. :rolleyes:

Cleon
16-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Didn't think too much of him in the play-off final. From memory he was subbed after about 70mins wasn't he?

Sir.S.C Remembered
21-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Good call very highly rated player and maybe could be pushed behind front 2? Realistic too

Jimbo ?
21-05-2002, 02:04 PM
:D :D :) :)

NewRoadBee
27-05-2002, 11:47 AM
Rowlands was carrying an injury into the play off final and in the games leading up to it.
Quality player who normally plays wide right but personally I think could be more effective in central midfield. Can be hot headed but is learning (gradually!). Great potential - two footed too.

Edmundo
30-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Rowlands isn't really a winger, more a roving midfielder who can play wide or more central - even behind a front two. His great strength is his ability to take on and beat opposing players. His weakness is his temperament. He's had a nightmare season and hasn't really been 100% fit in any match and finished the season at about 50% fitness. It's down to the thinness of our squad that he had to play the last six games at all.

I would guess that Brentford would want in excess of 250,000 for him now, but that would go down substantially after Christmas.

OKnotOK
31-05-2002, 01:51 PM
If we could get him for 250k I would say he was likely to be on the of the best buys of the summer at that price. Have heard great things about Rowlands and -- though he was disappointing in the play-off final -- he is the sort of player we are looking for as well.

NewRoadBee
02-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by OKnotOK
If we could get him for 250k I would say he was likely to be on the of the best buys of the summer at that price. Have heard great things about Rowlands and -- though he was disappointing in the play-off final -- he is the sort of player we are looking for as well.

Please OKnotOK, i could weep :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

NewRoadBee
20-08-2002, 10:01 PM
Mr Rowlands is now rumoured to be heading to QPR for 400,000 :sob:

Axie
21-08-2002, 08:27 PM
400K for one leg not bad going.

Ananova.......

Rowlands out for a month

Brentford's Martin Rowlands will be out for a month after being diagnosed with scar tissue in his knee.

The midfielder broke down during pre-season training and has failed to feature in Brentford's opening three games this season.

Doctors have prescribed him a period of rest and recuperation before he returns to playing.

Story filed: 14:14 Wednesday 21st August 2002

NewRoadBee
13-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by NewRoadBee
Mr Rowlands is now rumoured to be heading to QPR for 400,000 :sob:

What a difference a few months makes....:eek:

After getting sent off before half-time on Saturday against Crewe (which cost us big time) Rowlands was dropped for Tuesday`s game at Bristol.
Now rumoured to have fallen out with Downes, allegedly training with the youth team and rumoured to be appealing to the PFA against the maximum 2 week fine handed to him by the boss :rolleyes:

A great talent, sad that he may have kicked his last ball in anger for us.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15371&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Jimbo ?
13-02-2003, 01:16 PM
and 400k would be too much for anyone in the nationwide! especially QPR
A good player - we know what powell is like - i would have him watched!

NewRoadBee
13-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

A good player - we know what powell is like - i would have him watched!

Mr Bullivant is a fan :eek:

yorkshire eagle
14-02-2003, 04:25 PM
funny enough i was talking to a brentford fan today (came up from london to give us a quote for bar equipment) and he said he expects rolands to be leaving for the first division in the next 2-4 weeks on loan first then borght at the end of the season :)

Latvian
14-02-2003, 06:38 PM
So in short is he a central creative midfielder? How Old?

NewRoadBee
14-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by yorkshire eagle
funny enough i was talking to a brentford fan today (came up from london to give us a quote for bar equipment) and he said he expects rolands to be leaving for the first division in the next 2-4 weeks on loan first then borght at the end of the season :)

This wouldn`t surprise me in the least. As I say, Bullivant is a big fan of Rowlands - he was about to sign him for Reading before he `parted company` with them. Then as soon as he was fixed up at Brentford Bully recommended him to the Bees :)

He is a top player in the making.
Question marks about his fitness, and at times his discipline, but no doubts about his ability - a great prospect proven at our level but probably frustrated to not be playing higher up the ladder.

Sadly seems to have done his time at Griffin Park now, for whatever reasons it seems he`s finished here. And would probably like to be reunited with Messrs Bullivant (his mentor) and Powelly.

Mr Russell and others who have seen him at his best will confirm the lad`s quality :) :p

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-02-2003, 10:33 PM
What a difference a few months makes....:eek:

After getting sent off before half-time on Saturday against Crewe (

Good goal from me sisters ex in that game..........:)

arussell
15-02-2003, 12:50 AM
Mr Russell and others who have seen him at his best will confirm the lad`s quality :) :p

Agree with your statement NRB - Rowlands was a fine player for the Bees in his first season or two. But I would add though, that it's been a while since he's performed at anywhere near his best, possibly because he wanted to leave Brentford a year or so ago and may have had the hump that others have left and gone on to bigger clubs (Powell, Ingimarsson, Owusu, Evans etc ...)

BTW - saw Ijah Anderson against us a week back for Bristol Rovers reserves, and thought he was very average.

yorkshire eagle
18-02-2003, 07:55 PM
just to add to my coments from the other day. i spoke to the very nice but very very expensive bar equipment saleman today. after picking myself up of the floor on reciving his quote, we talked about football(we were robbed sunday, he hates the chairman whos name i will not utter:bash: ) anyway he said after talking to some friends yesterday (monday) rowlands agent has been given permision to discuss a move with another football club also in london hes 99% sure we are the club but the sticking point maybe how much brentford want in the summer he also said it was far from a done deal as the club in question has 3-4 targets and is weighing up its options:eek: how about that then must be us with mr bulivants praise of the player wonder who if anyone the other players are???

Jimbo ?
19-02-2003, 01:24 PM
if this is true and that is a big if. (we have all seen alot of rumours) it would be great - he is a good player but i wonder where we will play these players - does this signal bye bye to black and gray - i hope not! It would also be interesting to know who the other 4-5 we are watching are! but surely our main priority at the moment should be a defender or 2. but i would not reject signings of this calibre

Beanie
19-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
if this is true and that is a big if. (we have all seen alot of rumours) it would be great - he is a good player but i wonder where we will play these players - does this signal bye bye to black and gray - i hope not! It would also be interesting to know who the other 4-5 we are watching are! but surely our main priority at the moment should be a defender or 2. but i would not reject signings of this calibre

One target is presumably Oliver Risser (or similar) currently on trial. He's a central midfielder, not sure where from, but he is a Namibian international. Assume he must have a UK or EU passport as I can't imagine Namibia being higher enough up the rankings to get a work permit!

What?
21-02-2003, 11:33 PM
WHO?

yorkshire eagle
24-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by What?
WHO?

who indeed:D risser is a namibian international who i gather kilmarnock didnt sign after having him on trial this season. he was in the stuttgart junior bundersleague team?:rolleyes: and left to return home
also i note(am i not the font of crap info:bash: ) that a lot of the places he has been on trial another namibian called victor helu (also an attacking midfield player) has been there with him intersting helu plays for 'the young ones' in namibia but had 6 games with aik sofia on trial but didnt join:)
you coundn't make it up could you

by the way the namibian fa rate these 2 as the best young (risser 23, helu 21) players thay have ever produced cue jordon in safari gear at next home game:eek:

yorkshire eagle
24-02-2003, 03:44 PM
just to add to the above the namibian fa say helu has a awesome LEFT foot? who could he replace do u think:rolleyes: by the way ive no info to surgest hes at palace with risser but thay seem joined at the hip on all there trials:o

Phil O'Sophical
24-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by yorkshire eagle
just to add to the above the namibian fa say helu has a awesome LEFT foot? who could he replace do u think:rolleyes: by the way ive no info to surgest hes at palace with risser but thay seem joined at the hip on all there trials:o

They'll probably be as good as Cucumber Raita or whatever the name of that Cameroon midfielder we had on trial recently was.

Eagle
24-02-2003, 10:03 PM
After speaking to Terry Bullivant on Saturday we wont be signing Martin Rowlands and the comment was, 'he isnt good enough for the first division'.