PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will England Get??

What?
15-05-2002, 07:55 PM
So with all the injurys have our chances been hampered? How far will we go this summer??

britabroad
15-05-2002, 08:02 PM
With a full stregth first 11 England would have progressed to round 2, and most likely have been beaten in a close game with France.

However, with these injuries and semi-fit players it doesn't look good regarding progression forom the group stage.

The most important thing I suppose now is that the young players learn from the experience and are ready for 2004 and 2006 when we will be real challengers.;)

What?
15-05-2002, 08:06 PM
After the world cup players like Seaman, Sheringham, Keown and the like need to retire from internationals on a high after we win.

Then we can get all the young guys in and build for 2004 and our defence in 2006!!!

Even if you dont like the person players like Bowyer and John Terry need to be given a go!

Daniel_Nash
15-05-2002, 08:11 PM
Future England World Cup Squads will have to include the following:

Richard Wright, Chris Kirkland, Stuart Taylor

Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jon Woodgate, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Ledley King.

Lee Bowyer, Michael Carrick, Kieron Dyer, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, David Beckham (he'll buy anti-ageing potion and play forever and ever :D), Jermaine Jenas.

Alan Smith, Michael Owen, Darius Vassell, Jermain Defoe.

In my opinion.

Oh, and England will either qualify top of their group and go to the 1/4 finals.. or qualify 2nd in the group and go out to their next opponents, likely to be France.

Daddy Long
15-05-2002, 08:13 PM
I still think we can win the group. Butt and Murphy are able replacements for Gerrard. We'll certainly miss his all action tackling but we have other players who can play a long pass. Dyer missing out isn't a problem, its not as if he contributed to qualification anyway. This could be just what players like Joe Cole, Danny Murphy and Danny Mills need to take them onto the next level. So long as Captain Marvel, Owen and Ferdinand stay fit I feel we have just as good a chance.

What?
15-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Future England World Cup Squads will have to include the following:

Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jon Woodgate, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Ledley King.

Lee Bowyer, Michael Carrick, Kieron Dyer, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, David Beckham (he'll buy anti-ageing potion and play forever and ever :D), Jermaine Jenas.

In my opinion.

Oh, and England will either qualify top of their group and go to the 1/4 finals.. or qualify 2nd in the group and go out to their next opponents, likely to be France.

Paul Robinson of Leeds as well, the future is Very Bright!!

Chantelle
15-05-2002, 08:15 PM
how far will england get?

japan and south Korea i hope!

its not that far from dubai is it???

Daddy Long
15-05-2002, 08:18 PM

Robinson from Leeds will be ahead of these. He's just waiting in the wings for Martyn to retire.

Daddy Long
15-05-2002, 08:19 PM
Ooops. Just read What?'s post :)

I imagine Gardner will be challengng aswell. So will Mullins ;)

Skin Up
15-05-2002, 08:21 PM
Jermaine Pennant should make 2006 as well

Son of Selhurst
15-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Lose to Sweden

Lose to Argentina

Draw with Nigeria

I have a 2-1 10 bet with me mate on this one. If I win, I get 10. If he wins, he gets 20. That's how sure I am about us coming home early.

What?
And with players like Pennant, Routledge, Cronin and Dobbo the U21's will kick arse as well in a few years time!

Daniel_Nash
Originally posted by Daddy Long

Robinson from Leeds will be ahead of these. He's just waiting in the wings for Martyn to retire.

Oops, forgot about him. He'll be ahead of Taylor.

zonin2000
15-05-2002, 08:27 PM

What about the 16 year old Evertonian who Everton hava had a 6m bid for?

in answer to the question- quaterfinals.

1-1 vs Sweden
0-0 vs Argentina
1-0 vs Nigeria

Go through as group winners as all other games in the group are drawn.

1-0 vs Uruguay

lose in quarters.

CK
15-05-2002, 08:27 PM
I can really see the, draw with sweden win/lose Argies and need to beat Nigeria by x amount of goals to go through, scenario.:sob:

TD2
15-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Does no-one else in England apart from me think that we CAN beat France?

Their centre back pairing will be Dessaily and Lebouf.

Absolutely no pace whatsoever. Owen could have a field day.

Also, football is a funny old game, and we are due some luck in a big game.

Boris the charltonhater
15-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TD2
Does no-one else in England apart from me think that we CAN beat France?

Their centre back pairing will be Dessaily and Lebouf.

Absolutely no pace whatsoever. Owen could have a field day.

Also, football is a funny old game, and we are due some luck in a big game.

Engalnd could whoop France just like they did with Germany. Unfortunately Engalnd are going to lose to Sweden and Nigeria so they won't get to play France.

Daniel_Nash
15-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

What about the 16 year old Evertonian who Everton hava had a 6m bid for?

What about him? Who is he?

16-05-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Boris

Engalnd could whoop France just like they did with Germany. Unfortunately Engalnd are going to lose to Sweden and Nigeria so they won't get to play France.

Nigeria are crap these days, and sweeden will roll over like pussys!

pete eagle
16-05-2002, 02:44 AM

What about him? Who is he?

His name is Wayne Rooney, apparently he is the new whizz-kid. Everton have slapped a 15 million price tag on him already. Unfortunately the rest of their youth team is pants

PeterH
16-05-2002, 02:53 AM
People seem to think Sweden are world beaters, why? Ljundberg is a bit useful who are their other world class players. If we can draw against Argentina at least we will win the group.

I think we will win the group, beat Denmark and lose a tight match to Brazil in the Quarters.

What?
16-05-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle

His name is Wayne Rooney, apparently he is the new whizz-kid. Everton have slapped a 15 million price tag on him already. Unfortunately the rest of their youth team is pants

He's no Wayne Routledge!

Eagle Kneevil
16-05-2002, 07:03 AM
We'll beat the Argies. Their team is not that different from 4 years ago and we turned them over then. We are better now with more players with European experience and a manager who isn't phased by big games. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you all season tickets for Withdean.

Daniel_Nash
16-05-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle

15m?! hahaha!!!! Laughable. As if anyone would pay that.

NO1FAN
16-05-2002, 12:25 PM
You would get there 1st team for that! :o

The Omen
01-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
People seem to think Sweden are world beaters, why? Ljundberg is a bit useful who are their other world class players. If we can draw against Argentina at least we will win the group.

I think we will win the group, beat Denmark and lose a tight match to Brazil in the Quarters.

Bloody hell Peter!! You should bet more! :D