PDA

View Full Version : Who Thought Nigeria would be a cert??

britabroad
17-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Ireland 0 Nigeria 2 after 66 mins:eek:

So the easiest game for England isn't so easy!

pete eagle
17-05-2002, 01:04 AM
Agahowa by any chance?

britabroad
17-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Ireland 1 (Ried) Nigeria 2 (Sodje, Aghahowa)

It is that man!

firesign
17-05-2002, 01:09 AM
Ooops. :( May have to rethink my prediction that Ireland will win the World Cup. Or maybe it'sjust a cunning plan by Ireland to get their silly odds of 80-1 lengthened even more...

pete eagle
17-05-2002, 01:09 AM
he has to be watched very very carefully by Rio Ferdinand. He is quick,skilful and a great finisher. He is a perfect foil for Kanu

2can
17-05-2002, 01:10 AM
"It was a wonderful cross field pass that picked out Reid. He played a one-two with Clinton Morrison and Reid finished to the top corner with a super left-foot finish "

britabroad
17-05-2002, 01:14 AM
ello ello we have 3 threads open on the same topic:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sort it out;)

2can
17-05-2002, 01:19 AM
"Connolly now for Ireland, back to Steven Reid, Steve Finnan joins the attack and swings it in for Clinton Morrison. He tried the bicylce kick but missed and Taribo West passes back to his 'keeper "

LOL

17-05-2002, 01:30 AM
"Great cut back from Clinton Morrison and Connolly poked home but Mark Kinsella was offside near the goal line "

can't be arsed to login for the 50th time today...

LLCOOLSTEVE
17-05-2002, 01:53 AM
Personally i didnt think Nigeria looked that good, quite pacy but a weak midfield really with Kanu playing there. Keeper looked commanding in or around 6 yard box but was always tempted by crosses outside of that area so could be a weakness, there left back who still plays in Nigeria everyweek looked very weak on his right foot so always push him inside when they attack and Beck's should be able to "have him". The front pairing also liked to drop off alot and support the midfield to pack it out then they also had a few runner's breaking through as for the first goal, but when put under pressure they didnt like it and seemed to panic quite a bit.

Sven you listening?! good......come on England!

JohnA
17-05-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Personally i didnt think Nigeria looked that good, quite pacy but a weak midfield really with Kanu playing there. Keeper looked commanding in or around 6 yard box but was always tempted by crosses outside of that area so could be a weakness, there left back who still plays in Nigeria everyweek looked very weak on his right foot so always push him inside when they attack and Beck's should be able to "have him". The front pairing also liked to drop off alot and support the midfield to pack it out then they also had a few runner's breaking through as for the first goal, but when put under pressure they didnt like it and seemed to panic quite a bit.

Sven you listening?! good......come on England!

While I wish Sven & his team well. Nigeria however, were strong. Their goalkeeper was indeed commanding, true their left back was weak but he is only 19, is he first choice. Ireland were mediocre. When the 3 South London strikers & Mark Kinsella came on Ireland were rejeuvenated.

Ireland had a goal disallowed - guess who was offside?? However he did lay on a what may have been a goal.

PeterH
18-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Well Nigeria should be strong, they qualified out of Africa a continent that was supposed to have produced World Cup Champions by now. Lets see how they do in the big boys competition, I reckon they will lose their discipline again. I am not too worried.

King Tubby
18-05-2002, 07:48 PM
He's got a teatowel on his head!! He's brushed aside Roy Keane!! He's scored for Nigeria!!