PDA

View Full Version : Santi Ca˝izares

Latvian Eagle
18-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Spain's first choice keeper is out of the World Cup. I would copy the whole article but I'm being lazy. Apparently he knocked over a glass and severed a tendon in his big toe and is out of the World Cup. Iker Casillas steps in as number one, something I don't actually agree with. The lad has played half an hour of football in 3 months, how can he be in the team ahead of CÚsar who has kept him out of the Real Madrid team? Does that make any sense at all :confused:? Ricardo will now be second choice and Pedro Contreras has been called up as third choice.

pete eagle
18-05-2002, 11:06 PM
what made less sense was that Cesar was in ahead of Casillas, was he playing badly? Because last season he was phenomenal in goal for them

Latvian Eagle
18-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
what made less sense was that Cesar was in ahead of Casillas, was he playing badly? Because last season he was phenomenal in goal for them

From the beginning of the season it was noticable that Casillas was rather shaky. I just think Del Bosque fancied a change, except CÚsar came in and f*cked up again barcascum. There's talk of Real Madrid signing a new keeper, maybe RŘstŘ Recber the Turkish international. I think CÚsar is very good however. He's had one international cap for Spain which was after LAST seasons pre season when he was playing every game for Real Madrid. In that game Spain lost 4-0 :hmph:. I think CÚsar is unlucky. He was signed in 99/00 but loaned back to Valladolid for the season. Illgner got injured, Bizarri was just aweful and Casillas got his chance. If Illgner hadn't of got injured then maybe Casillas may never have made the step up to the first team so soon. And maybe now CÚsar would be in the Spanish line up.