PDA

View Full Version : 6 Palace fans banned from travelling..

exiled in Wales
19-05-2002, 05:17 AM
.... according to the Welsh mirror 6 Palace fans have been banned from travelling to the world cup - this is an average figure. I thought we had no trouble maker types, except Rory. It doesn't really compare with Cardiff citys 112 - it pisses all over Millwalls 23.Has anyone else seen this table, and what do you think ????

I'm a bit drunk...

JohnA
19-05-2002, 05:31 AM
Cardiff ? Wales did not qualify.

Ian of Chatham
19-05-2002, 05:39 AM
The full list of the number of banned fans and who they support can be found here.

http://www.itv.com/news/Front913336.html

Wedgy
19-05-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by exiled in Wales
.... according to the Welsh mirror 6 Palace fans have been banned from travelling to the world cup - this is an average figure. I thought we had no trouble maker types, except Rory. It doesn't really compare with Cardiff citys 112 - it pisses all over Millwalls 23.Has anyone else seen this table, and what do you think ????

I'm a bit drunk...

Erm, well saw a couple of Palace boys on the BBC programme "Hooligans" a week ago!

See thread: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22436&highlight=hooligans

Boris the charltonhater
19-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ian of Chatham
The full list of the number of banned fans and who they support can be found here.

Both the wimbledon fans are hooligans!

congress
19-05-2002, 03:22 PM
Both the wimbledon fans are hooligans!

I noticed that.I was also wondering if the York fan goes into pubs on his own looking for trouble.

LLCOOLSTEVE
19-05-2002, 03:27 PM
Is Sam Hamman one of the 112 Cardiff fan's banned from travelling????!

hellsbells
19-05-2002, 03:33 PM
I think a better way of doing this 'league table' would be to have done it as a percentage of the home gate. So 6 Palace fans were banned out of an average gate of 18,000. That's a lot different to 7 Brighton fans in an average gate of 7 thousand, or 23 Man United fans in a gate of 60,000.

RDSdaEAGLE
19-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Can't believe that Derby have 37!!!

N
19-05-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Can't believe that Derby have 37!!!
Why? Derby have always had their share of thugs .
DLF and C standers spring to mind .

Daniel_Nash
19-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Tottenham Hotspur 4

Not bad, out of an attendance of 36000 ish.

Manchester City 35

Manchester United 26

Blimey!!!!

Ouch that Hurt!
19-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Stone have 90 odd. That should be a fn one for next seasons away.

Anyone thinking of going to Glasgow at the end of July should be warned aswell. Brum/illwal and Cardiff all playing friendlies in the same weekend around the city.

Ouch that Hurt!
19-05-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Ouch that Hurt!
Stone have 90 odd. That should be a fn one for next seasons away.

Anyone thinking of going to Glasgow at the end of July should be warned aswell. Brum/illwal and Cardiff all playing friendlies in the same weekend around the city.

STONE!!!!

I thought I wrote Stoke!

Bloody new wanky IBM keyboard. Stone is near Stoke though.

Hallowed Turf Of Selhurst
19-05-2002, 06:40 PM
These are fans who have convictions for Hooliganism therefore can't go. All clubs have more hooligans than this list entails, even Palace.

pete eagle
19-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Tottenham Hotspur 4

they didn't bother with many tottenham fans because they'll be broke after paying for their season tickets.

johanncryuff
19-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Tottenham Hotspur 4

Not bad, out of an attendance of 36000 ish.

I assume that this is the figure that have been banned after attempting to get tickets/travel documents?? There are a whole host of Spurs fans going to thailand coz they knew they wouldn't get into Japan - they intend whoring and drinking their way around Thailand throughout the world cup. And most of these are banned from every ground in the country, so I wouldn't put too much faith into these figures.
A number of other well known convicted thugs will be doing similar things, although there are rumours of some trying to work their way over from other countries where they are apparently taking "family" holidays at the same time as the tournament:rolleyes:

Jimbo ?
20-05-2002, 12:00 AM
6 aint bad in comparison - stoke cardiff .......all have a load more and we are nearer the bottom of that table

redandblue
21-05-2002, 05:24 PM
I know one fan banned from travelling and it is totally unfair, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got nicked abroad and deprted. He was not involved in any trouble nor was he charged or tried for any crime . He just happened to be in bar when it went off and caught by over zealous local police. There is no justice as a travelling England supporter

Polish Prancer
21-05-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by redandblue
I know one fan banned from travelling and it is totally unfair, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got nicked abroad and deprted. He was not involved in any trouble nor was he charged or tried for any crime . He just happened to be in bar when it went off and caught by over zealous local police. There is no justice as a travelling England supporter

You can add about 1000 more who were unfairly deported by the belgain police.
Does not make Interesting news though does it?
Lets just wind up the Japanese Police even more that would be good :rolleyes:

bucketbongeagle
21-05-2002, 05:30 PM
I can't see their being any trouble anyway it's too far, too exspensive and the consequences of being nicked are so dire I really don't think it's worth the hassle.

ozeagle
21-05-2002, 08:38 PM
they are all a bunch of ****wits, give them nothing, in the same league as paedophiles if you ask me, ruining everything for nothing...

congress
21-05-2002, 10:49 PM
You can add about 1000 more who were unfairly deported by the belgain police.

Of course, some of them were the most well known hooligans who were featured on the programme the other night claiming they were innocent and running off moaning when the police were not playing fair and started hitting them with sticks and using tear gas.
Tough s*** mate,you start trouble and cause suffering to people either through violence and vandalism, you take the consequences.
W*****S the lot of them, get them on their own and they are nothing.

johanncryuff
22-05-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by congress

Sorry, but have to disagree - some of the "Top Boys" are literally that - you do not want to go one on one with the likes of Denton, The rapist, Fat Dave, the sheffield Utd fella (whose book I've read again recently, but name I can't remember)

But you could take on the Brimson's together - now they really are W*****s!!

redandblue
22-05-2002, 12:35 PM

Of course, some of them were the most well known hooligans who were featured on the programme the other night claiming they were innocent and running off moaning when the police were not playing fair and started hitting them with sticks and using tear gas.
Tough s*** mate,you start trouble and cause suffering to people either through violence and vandalism, you take the consequences.

Sorry pal you are talking utter Crap. I am guessing that you have never seen England away, you should never be attacked just for suporting your national team in another country. I have watched England abroad many times I have been tear gassed, hit with batons, punched and kicked by old bill of other nations. I am not a trouble maker nor have I really circulated in areas where there was trouble. At one of the worst incedents I was on a corporate do flying business and wearing a suit with 6 others suits including two females. If you think that all supporters are trouble makers and deserve to be bashed you really are a pratt.

I also agree with comments further down the thread take "them on their own and they are nothing" again I belive this just highlights your ignorance and you probably believe every word printed in the Sun.

Pistike
22-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Please could someone remind me never to attend a Stoke City vs Leeds United match.

Polish Prancer
22-05-2002, 08:39 PM

There is nothing like commenting on a situation you know absolutely nothing about, because if you did know,from these comments you obviously think it is OK for hundreds of Innocent English Citizens to be assaulted by the state hooligans with full protection of the law.
The UK Govt while using football when it suits them politically, turn a blind eye to problems fans have abroad,yes fans not hoolies.
You see the news and read the papers and think its all true.
You are a spin doctors dream
Its all about perception isn't it :rolleyes:
Get back to your Daily Mail they are always right.

Dobbo
22-05-2002, 08:58 PM

Thought Brentford nil was funny. Must mean Noades has finally got rid of all their support.

pallet
24-05-2002, 03:10 AM
A couple of points:
Printing what is almost a league table fot these morons. Surely thats going to encourage them?
England away is a diffcult one, we do have a large well behaved support, however we also have a hardcore of thugs who will take advantage of lax policing. Therefore most foriegn police have been caught out before and now hit first and ask questions later.

Ian of Chatham
25-05-2002, 06:03 AM
Polish Prancer and RednBlue: You cannot keep on blaming the press, the authorities, the UK Government etc for the poor treatment of English people abroad when England play there. When was the last time you saw a member of the press rip off a seat and threw it into the crowd at the tier below because they they did not like the Irish? Was there ever been an incident where a person who worked for the Sun or the Mail beat up a Morrocan woman in Belgium two years ago during Euro 2000 because they thought she was Turkish? Did the spin doctors visit Marseille in 1998 to beat anyone who looked remotely North African? I think not. At the end of the day England fans are viewed as the pariah abroad and the only people who are really at fault for all the poor treatment you are describing are the hooligans themselves, that does not make it right for any foreign policeman to beat up anyone who is English but should they really stand there and do nothing if any trouble occurs by known English hooligans who should not be there anyway? If it wasn't for those thugs then other countries would be looking forward to English fans visiting their country.

redandblue
27-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Polish Prancer and RednBlue: You cannot keep on blaming the press, the authorities, the UK Government etc for the poor treatment of English people abroad when England play there. When was the last time you saw a member of the press rip off a seat and threw it into the crowd at the tier below because they they did not like the Irish? Was there ever been an incident where a person who worked for the Sun or the Mail beat up a Morrocan woman in Belgium two years ago during Euro 2000 because they thought she was Turkish? Did the spin doctors visit Marseille in 1998 to beat anyone who looked remotely North African? I think not. At the end of the day England fans are viewed as the pariah abroad and the only people who are really at fault for all the poor treatment you are describing are the hooligans themselves, that does not make it right for any foreign policeman to beat up anyone who is English but should they really stand there and do nothing if any trouble occurs by known English hooligans who should not be there anyway? If it wasn't for those thugs then other countries would be looking forward to English fans visiting their country.

Ian when was the last time you saw England away ? I got hit with a baton and spat at by an Italian policeman whilst coming out of the ground when we qualified for the World cup. Iw as keeping stumb walking with 4 other blokes and one girl as wella s a member of the Italian tourist board who was hosting our corporate do. None of us were singing and no one was drunk there was no danger. You think about that pal if you have not been and seen England abroad then you have no idea of what really goes on. We even had our change taken off us before we got into the ground yet teh Italians had all sorts of missles to throw including 4 ft sticks, glasss bottles, marbles and coins to which the police did nothing. When some of the English fans threw the stuff back the police decided this was well out of order and baton charged them. English hooligans may have a rep but they are not the worst and if the police really want to stop trouble they need to use the same tacticts for both sides (as they did in Germany). For the police to attack England fans and do nothing when home fans are the real hooligans does nothing to sort this situation out. Oh an buy the way in the European Championships in Germany I was in a couple of bars where representatives of certain news papers were offering money for information where fights would start, buying loads of shooters and winding supporters up so they could get pics and a story

redandblue
27-05-2002, 12:54 PM
? Was there ever been an incident where a person who worked for the Sun or the Mail beat up a Morrocan woman in Belgium two years ago during Euro 2000 because they thought she was Turkish? Did the spin doctors visit Marseille in 1998 to beat anyone who looked remotely North African? I think not. .

Please quote your source of information not the tabaloids is it because they must be right !!!

Ian of Chatham
31-05-2002, 11:16 PM

Ian when was the last time you saw England away ? ... .

You think about that pal if you have not been and seen England abroad then you have no idea of what really goes on.
Really? Do you believe that if I was to go abroad to see England then I will never witness a single violent incident that England hooligans have started? I just cannot believe you.

According to some people on here two years ago in Euro 2000 England fans did not commit any violence at all but the Turks were running riot every single day and I find that amazing. To answer your question No, I have not been to any matches abroad and because of the "blame everybody else not us attitude" that you seem to have then I really don't believe that the problems caused by the hooligan element will ever go away, until the well behaved England fans take a stand and work to get rid of the hooligan element instead of denying that they cause trouble then I have no inclination to go. Even when there is no trouble at games England fans are their own worst enemy, for a start I could bet that they will boo the opposing team's national anthem before a game in the World Cup this summer. Do you know any other side's national fans who do that? I don't.[/b][/quote]

Oh an buy the way in the European Championships in Germany I was in a couple of bars where representatives of certain news papers were offering money for information where fights would start, buying loads of shooters and winding supporters up so they could get pics and a story
I've heard about this sort of thing loads of times on various phone-ins and I believe what you are saying here but I wonder if they are just photographers who "claim" that they are working for certain news papers but are actually not employed by them and sells any pictures they get to the highest bidder.

Please quote your source of information not the tabaloids is it because they must be right !!!
I got that info on that incident from a web site during the Euro 2000 championships. It was certainly not a British tabloid but it might well have been a Belgian one. I remember posting about the incident on here two years ago and actually linking the article because I was so disgusted. I will be doing a search for the article and if still exists I will post it here. Just one last question, if somebody had reported that a Turkish fan had assaulted an England fan abroad would you still be asking for their source of information? Of course you wouldn't.