PDA

View Full Version : Kimonos for Goalposts?

Daniel_Nash
20-05-2002, 03:14 AM
Anyone else see the Frank Skinner show that just finished, it was on ITV. He went to Korea first to see how life was and how they saw football, and then to Japan to do the same to try and answer his question of "do they deserve the World Cup?".

He came out thinking that they do and he seemed to really like the place, showed how crap at footy he is though :D

Looks like a really nice choice for the World Cup, in a way i wish i was going and you just know that those who are going will have a great time.

Watch out for eating Octopus though, make sure it has Sesame Oil on it!!! Or it will try and cling to the inside of your mouth!

The Omen
20-05-2002, 02:14 PM
Yeah I saw it - thought the program was ok. I guess it was filmed before the World Cup draw though because he seemed to spend too much time in Korea IMO - when the chances of England actually playing there are really small.

Must admit though, watching it, I was getting butterflys! I really don't know what to expect from Japan and flying out there on my own is a bit Intimidating. :)

Jimbo ?
20-05-2002, 02:27 PM
it was a good programme - although it would have been better with out a west brom fan presenting it

The Omen
20-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
it was a good programme - although it would have been better with out a west brom fan presenting it

Frank Skinner is brilliant!! One of the funniest people on tv at the moment in my oppinion. He is so quick witted.... :)

AJ1969
20-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Watch out for eating Octopus though, make sure it has Sesame Oil on it!!! Or it will try and cling to the inside of your mouth!

That was disgusting - it was still wriggling when he started to chew it for god's sake. :( :( Grossssssssssssssssss !!

Daddy Long
20-05-2002, 03:01 PM
I was impressed by his drastic improvement in keppy uppies.

Daniel_Nash
20-05-2002, 03:55 PM
I was surprised at how ***** he was at football! i was expecting better!

Looked like some of those women in the game yesterday :D

Frank Skinner is so dirty, hehe, some of the things he says.. like about that female ref who blows for a living, and his clean sheets and it being a lonely trip. He made me laugh a lot. Couldn't really picture anyone else presenting such a programme, Trolley maybe.

Geezer
20-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Theres no way i would have ate that Octopus! It was disgusting, why couldnt they wait till it was dead of cook it or something. Frank Skinner always cracks me up, really quick off the mark.

Essexeagle
20-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Frank Skinner is as funny as the clap

Sir.S.C Remembered
22-05-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by The Omen

Frank Skinner is brilliant!! One of the funniest people on tv at the moment in my oppinion. He is so quick witted.... :)

Agreed! Hillarious bloke! His unplanned show very easygoing (like me as youl see from writing underneath my avator) and funny despite co host not being great

congress
24-05-2002, 01:36 PM
He always is harping on about the ladies but perhaps he should take up cricket because of the way he bats.:eek: