PDA

View Full Version : 19 Bradford Players Sacked

Jimbo ?
16-05-2002, 11:16 PM
we have done similar threads for wimbledon brentford....

are there any players we could errr steal from them
cant think of many but there are a few

Flying Higher
17-05-2002, 01:31 AM
Midfielder Jess - for me.

Jimbo ?
17-05-2002, 01:50 AM
i admit he was the one i had thought about - replacement for Kirovski??????

Holmesdale Boy
20-05-2002, 12:26 AM
Carbone would be nice:D

Geezer
20-05-2002, 12:38 AM
danny squidy name i forget

arussell
20-05-2002, 04:03 AM
To be perfectly honest - there are no Bradford players worth signing, and Carbone is on 25 grand a week.

We should be concentrating on snapping up Wimbledon and Brentford players.

brighton_eagle
20-05-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Holmesdale Boy

No thanks....his wages are far too high.

Cleon
20-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Eoin Jess is an excellent player, and just the sort we need. Which is why he is the one player they will desperately try and hold onto.

Jimbo ?
20-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Eoin Jess is an excellent player, and just the sort we need. Which is why he is the one player they will desperately try and hold onto.

i agree but if we offer 750k they may well be in a position like we were that we cant turn it down

Cleon
20-05-2002, 04:43 PM
If we could get Jess for 750k, then I'd happily take that as the only purchase of the summer (assuming no leavers), especially in the present climate.

But bear in mind that Bradford don't have to accept - who remembers Millwall's offer of 300k for Mullins and Morrison? :eek:

Dartford Lad
20-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Eoin Jess will be available on a free transfer.

Andy Myers would be good cover for the Defence.

AndyChapman
23-05-2002, 07:43 PM
19 Bradford players given free transferd.

Which 1's would u sign?

Gary Walsh
Peter Atherton
Andy Myers;)
David Wetheral:(
Jamie Lawrence:)
Ashley Ward:D
Benito Carbone
E. Jess:)
Robert Molenaar
G. Locke
A. Davidson
Wayne Jacobs:(
Jorgenson
Juanjo:p
Tod
Cadamarteri:hmph:

Jaffa
23-05-2002, 07:54 PM
None of them appeal.

arussell
23-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Weatherall, Lawrence and Jacobs would be worth a look on frees.

David of Kent
23-05-2002, 08:03 PM
None of them.

Thanks anyway ;)

Cleon
23-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Eoin Jess definitely!! Exactly what we need.

Riccardo
23-05-2002, 08:16 PM
Juanjo please.

Don't know anything about him...could sing a few songs with banjo in them though if we had him :D

King Tubby
23-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Eoin Jess definitely!! Exactly what we need.
yeah, i thought he looked really good when he was at coventry, how old is he though?

Joe Knight
23-05-2002, 08:27 PM
some sympathy for Bradford fans please

it was never this bad (player wise) when we were in admin

Ruskin Old Boy
23-05-2002, 08:29 PM
Sympathy for the Bradford fans and the players concerned.

Beanie
23-05-2002, 08:42 PM
I see these players aren't on the transfer list they are all "sacked".

What sort of squad does this leave at Bradford for next season, assuming they get that far?

I'd also like a little mention for Clydebank - just as important to their fans. I hear they are financed to 31st May in administration, and no buyers yet. If the current owner doesn't dip a little further in his pocket it could be all finished for them as well.

The Omen
23-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by AndyChapman

Peter Atherton
Andy Myers;)

I would take any of those above.

The Omen
23-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Bradford squad next season! :eek:

Players who remain at the club
1. Standing, M
2. Kearney, T
3. Bower, M
4. Lee, A
5. Emanuel, L
6. Beach, NT
7. Bentham, CM
8. Brodie, K
9. Fishlock, C
10. Flynn, L
11. Forrest, D
12. Hatton, PD
13. Lo-Piccolo, G
14. McGahey, P
15. Morgan, R
16. Penford, T
17. Rutherford, J
18. Sanasy, K
19. Swift, J
20. Tyson, G
21. Worsnop, J

Over 40 non-playing staff have also been made redundant!
:(

Zimmer
23-05-2002, 08:53 PM
i fail to see the quality Jess that all of u can see. but carbone would be nice but an unlikely signing, there are bound to be a host of clubs that can afford them in the premiership. david wetherall is someone who ive always admired and is a leader and probably more likely to happen as we need anohter centre back due to deano's imminent departure.

Boris the charltonhater
23-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by AndyChapman
19 Bradford players given free transferd.

Gary Walsh
Peter Atherton
Andy Myers;)
Ashley Ward:D
Benito Carbone
Robert Molenaar
G. Locke
A. Davidson
Wayne Jacobs:(
Jorgenson
Juanjo:p
Tod
Cadamarteri:hmph:

Who are the other three?
I would sign Jess but none of the rest, although if Gary Walsh kept Clarke out of the Bradford team he can't be bad.

Neil the Eagle
23-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Eoin Jess would be a good move, in my view. However I know his cousin and he is unlikely to move South

However I can't honestly see us increasing our wage bill at the moment, espcailly with all the uncertainty around the length and nature of Akinbiyi's injury.

britabroad
23-05-2002, 09:05 PM
A wonderful thought buying new players. However the very reasons that are driving clubs into administration still apply to us. We may not have the shortage of cash that other clubs do, but until CPFC can be sure of where the next pot of gold is coming from, they would be crazy to buy new players or increase contracts.

Next year should be about bringing through the younger players, and when more revenue is forthcoming, fine enter the market for new players. I would be happier to see the club with a financial cushion at these times rather than heading in the same direction as bradford etc.

Jaffa
23-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Bradford must be hot favourites to be relegated next season now, if they still exist that is.

The Omen
23-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Boris

Who are the other three?

S.McCall
G.Halle
G.Whalley

All have contracts that run out in June and will not be renewed.

Jimbo ?
23-05-2002, 10:09 PM
i would have gary Locke as well as jess on top of the list of the above

juanjo is not great and is not good enough - not consistant keep away regardless of the songs

BVB Bob
23-05-2002, 10:27 PM
i would have gary Locke as well

Have to agree. Top player.

Strathclyde Eagle
23-05-2002, 10:44 PM
What odds Ashley Ward goes to another Northern club, continues his career as a plodding "big" (i.e. slow) centre forward and scores another goal in a game against us to consign us to another 1-0 defeat?

Sorry, I still remember Norwich at home in 1994 with particular anguish. :veryangry

kolinkins
23-05-2002, 10:45 PM
wetherall and jess

Pete B
24-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Holmesdale Boy

The reason wht Bradford are in this **** is because of seriously overpaid wasters like him.

Sir.S.C Remembered
24-05-2002, 12:46 AM
Juanjo. definately Wetherhall and derfinately Jess!

Gooders
24-05-2002, 01:56 AM
No, I have sympathy for the fans but absolutely none for the players I'm afraid.

The greed of players and their agents has put the game in this country in the sorry mess that it is in. You can talk as much as you like about how it's the clubs fault that they've made the stupid offers in the first place but what choice did they have if they wanted to compete?

Bosman, and the fact that it put all of the power into the hands of the people in football with the least intelligence (i.e. the players and their agents) was a death-knell for all but the richest clubs.

And now we have the PFA bleating about how unfair it is that these players have been sacked. Yeah right. It's ok for the players to treat contracts as if they are not worth the paper they are printed on, engineering moves for themselves as soon as a better offer comes along (or somebody takes away their toys) but it's unfair when the boot is on the other foot. Bollocks.

It's a tough old world and the bubble was bound to burst sooner or later. Don't ask me to feel sorry for them, because any mediocre footballer who's been earning half a million quid per annum for 3 or 4 years doesn't need sympathy I'm afraid.

Men At Work
24-05-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
You can talk as much as you like about how it's the clubs fault that they've made the stupid offers in the first place but what choice did they have if they wanted to compete?

Develop their own players via the youth ranks. Unfortunately this requires planning for a few years which went against the feeding frenzy of trying to grab as much money as quick as possible. The financial lunacy of clubs and the players wages are inextricably linked in both directions and when one dies the other will as well.

PeterH
24-05-2002, 03:32 AM
It would appear that these are the larger wage earners, looking at the list I can understand Richmonds comments about two months of madness.

When did we turn into circling vultures.

Beanie
24-05-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
When did we turn into circling vultures.

It would nice to be "reasonable" about this sort of thing - but what's the alternative? Either we try and get players when they become available (be it Bradford or anybody else) or we sit around being good sports and let everybody else have them. Bear in mind we wouldn't be grabbing players from another club, as people did when we were in administration, these guys are on the dole, sacked, P45 etc. If we want them (and I make no comment on whether we do) we should be in there with the rest.

Cleon
24-05-2002, 05:50 PM
I don't see why people are saying we couldn't afford to pick up players such as Jess... we've already saved a lot on our wage bill by not renewing Kirovski & Rodger's contracts, who were two of our highest paid players. Swapping Rodger for Jess would seem like a fantastic deal to me.

As for circling vultures, we're not screwing Bradford FC or their fans here... these players have been sacked/made redundant. They no longer play for Bradford FC. I suspect all these players will now be desperate for a new club.

firesign
24-05-2002, 06:03 PM
If you use the money saved by releasing Kirovski and Rodger to get in new players, then you're not actually saving any money. Palace, like most clubs are proably looking to reduce their wage bill. I wouldn't be surprised if all 199 players are still unemployed come the new season.

Neckinger Eagle
25-05-2002, 03:03 AM
I thought one of the reasons we never sacked any players during administration was because it infringed Football League regulations? Bradford may not start next season, not because they are broke but because they broke league rules. I would think that the league (and the FA) still believe Bradford hold the players' registrations?

The only player I thought we sacked was Foster, and that was after administration was exited? Wasn't he mentioned in the accounts as a potential legal liability?

Bradford's administrators are taking a dodgy road, whatever we think about greedy players. And what about the league? Do they let Bradford sack the players and therefore let every other club go into administration just to sack their unwanted, or do they expel Bradford?

King Tubby
25-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle
liaI thought one of the reasons we never sacked any players during administration was because it infringed Football League regulations? Bradford may not start next season, not because they are broke but because they broke league rules. I would think that the league (and the FA) still believe Bradford hold the players' registrations?

The only player I thought we sacked was Foster, and that was after administration was exited? Wasn't he mentioned in the accounts as a potential legal bility?

Bradford's administrators are taking a dodgy road, whatever we think about greedy players. And what about the league? Do they let Bradford sack the players and therefore let every other club go into administration just to sack their unwanted, or do they expel Bradford?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a mate told me yesterday that he reckons the Administrators at Bradford were the same ones as we got first time round - before that Simon Patterson bloke and whoever he was working for - who had said that there was no way to save the club. I can't remember their name though, so I'm not sure, does anyone know?

If so, there but for the grace of god...

I think we were lucky that we went into Administration when there was still a lot of money in football and we could sell players, Bradford obviously can't get fees at the moment because of the current climate.

Beanie
25-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by King Tubby

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a mate told me yesterday that he reckons the Administrators at Bradford were the same ones as we got first time round - before that Simon Patterson bloke and whoever he was working for - who had said that there was no way to save the club. I can't remember their name though, so I'm not sure, does anyone know?

If so, there but for the grace of god...

I think we were lucky that we went into Administration when there was still a lot of money in football and we could sell players, Bradford obviously can't get fees at the moment because of the current climate.

You're right. If I recall the creditors didn't want them because they were already dealing with another football club in administration, I forget who, and there were concerns about conflict of interest.

I understand from the Football League statement yesterday - which seemed to get lost behind the Roy Keane thing - that the league have said that they will only sanction the transfer of the league "Share" (ie membership) to any new owner of Bradford City AFTER all football debts have been settled (that is players contracts and transfer fees - you may recall Palace having the same condition). They also pointed out that the Share can only remain with a club in administration at the start of a season if they can prove that they have the finance to complete the new season. The administrators have said that all season ticket money is being held in a separate fund for release to the new owners or through the season (sound familiar?). There was also a comment that a TV survey of League Chairmen showed that they were almost unanimous in their view these rules should not be relaxed. One of the Sky guys said that it was possible that if these weren't resolved by June 10th Bradford may be excluded from the fixtures for next seson to be announced on June 13th. Those fixtures could be quite a mess - both Bury and Carlisle are apparently facing winding up orders and Lincoln look as if they need to extend their administration period.

Crunchie
25-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle
I thought one of the reasons we never sacked any players during administration was because it infringed Football League regulations? Bradford may not start next season, not because they are broke but because they broke league rules. I would think that the league (and the FA) still believe Bradford hold the players' registrations?

The only player I thought we sacked was Foster, and that was after administration was exited? Wasn't he mentioned in the accounts as a potential legal liability?

Foster was released from his contract, as he didn't play enough games for the club (thank god- it might have been even worse) under the non-EU player rule (75% I think). Anyway, he also lost his place in the Australian squad, so he didn't have a leg to stand on, and we save 6k a week, for that lanky peice of p1ss.

Crunchie
25-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Beanie

You're right. If I recall the creditors didn't want them because they were already dealing with another football club in administration, I forget who, and there were concerns about conflict of interest.

I understand from the Football League statement yesterday - which seemed to get lost behind the Roy Keane thing - that the league have said that they will only sanction the transfer of the league "Share" (ie membership) to any new owner of Bradford City AFTER all football debts have been settled (that is players contracts and transfer fees - you may recall Palace having the same condition). They also pointed out that the Share can only remain with a club in administration at the start of a season if they can prove that they have the finance to complete the new season. The administrators have said that all season ticket money is being held in a separate fund for release to the new owners or through the season (sound familiar?). There was also a comment that a TV survey of League Chairmen showed that they were almost unanimous in their view these rules should not be relaxed. One of the Sky guys said that it was possible that if these weren't resolved by June 10th Bradford may be excluded from the fixtures for next seson to be announced on June 13th. Those fixtures could be quite a mess - both Bury and Carlisle are apparently facing winding up orders and Lincoln look as if they need to extend their administration period.

Spot on Beanie.

Its a sad time for real football fans at the moment, and from our own selfish view point, as already mentioned, it was a kind of blessing in disguise that we went into administration when we did, because if we did'nt, you could bet your bottom dollar we would be now!

Looks like Hopkin will see out his contract then :sob:

Crunchie
25-05-2002, 09:23 PM
BTW Jess and Wetherall for me, if we can get rid off more than Kirovski over the summer.