PDA

View Full Version : Dougie to go?

sneezy
25-05-2002, 03:04 PM
As those who have read my posts before will know, I am not a purveyor of ill founded rumour or gossip. This information is from a well placed source close to the player in question.

Dougie has apparently become increasingly frustrated and unhappy with Mr Francis; he wants to play for Palace but is beginning to accept he may be forced to move elsewhere. This would not be opposed by our chairman who is allegedly anxious to cut the costs of the playing staff , and would not want to lose Dougie for nothing next year.

I may have more detail later today.

the_next_matt_jansen
25-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Bollox

sneezy
25-05-2002, 03:11 PM
I only wish it were

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-05-2002, 03:16 PM
Fairly old news 'sneezy'....he is happy at the club and will stay given the choice....but time will tell.

sydney eagle
25-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Fairly old news 'sneezy'....he is happy at the club and will stay given the choice....but time will tell. for someone who knows him Steve,you seem a bit unsure yourself now mate:(

sneezy
25-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Indeed I have heard the rumours before, but this is the first time I've had concrete confirmation from this particular person close to the player.

cpfcben
25-05-2002, 03:23 PM
well if what u say is true then jordan is more stupid, then we all thought, why did he bring in the likes of symons and flemings on massively high premiership wages, and lets face only above average 1st division players. dougie is one of our best players, if not our best and he should move heaven and earth to try and get him to sign a new contract. if jordan wants to make himself him even more unpopular then getting rid of dougie is the right thing to do.
if they were to sell dougie, what are they gonna do buy, owosu some donkey from brentford, who has about as much skill as dean austin!

this is a disgrace if it does happen

:veryangry :veryangry

as said above i just hope its a load of bollox

i always look forward to coming on to the BBS it always cheers me up with its positive threads:D

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
for someone who knows him Steve,you seem a bit unsure yourself now mate:(

Yes, cause only Simon Jordan knows exactly what he is going to do, Dougie wants to stay, he hasnt asked for a move and doesnt want to move.

screamingalice
25-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Of course with Ade out for some time and if Clinton has a good world cup, there my well be big money offers fom him coming through, we would be falling over ourselves to sell Dougie and start the new season with no strikers.

Its just silly season, I would have thought that despite suggestions that Dougie was not happy with T.F. everybody will give it a bit of time and see how things pan out come August. From what I hear the performances this week in Spain with a depleted squad show promise and a few games into the season if all is going well, all the bad vibes from the tail end of this season will be just history.

Rob5053
25-05-2002, 03:39 PM
Dougie will stay hes a palace man

to change the subject my best mate was at work yesterday and one of his collegues is jamie lawrences girlfriends best mate and apparently he is having talks with plaace on monday after being released at bradford

so could it be a red and blue hair style 4 him?

sydney eagle
25-05-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

Yes, cause only Simon Jordan knows exactly what he is going to do fair enough mate,understood:)

i don't think SJ knows what he's going to do half the time.

AndyChapman
25-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Hope Jamie Lawrence does come.

cpfcben
25-05-2002, 05:12 PM
he wouldn't be a bad signing

James
25-05-2002, 05:34 PM
Very old news, and wrong Forum:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22635