PDA

View Full Version : West Ham Players Released/Dean Gordon

jamesy
25-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Just noticed that a few West Ham players have been released.
Kitson and hislop on frees would probably make a lot of sense.
What does everyone think??

Also the original "Deano" is looking for a club after being released by Boro....not bad left back cover!!! I know he had a nightmare at Cardiff but maybe still worth a punt>

BUNGLE
25-05-2002, 06:56 PM
Do you not remember Kitosn on loan? And why do we need Hislop or Gordon?

Sir JB
25-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Kitson was shít when he was on loan here. Also, what does he add what Dougie or Clinton doesn't? In my opinion - in Matt Clarke and Alex Kolinko we have two of the best goalkeepers in the Division, if not the best - so Hislop wouldn't be no good. And Gordon is just an injury plagued player and Danny Granville started to show the form he did with Chelsea and Leeds towards the end of the season...

cpfcben
25-05-2002, 07:25 PM
we have no need for any new goalies
and both kitson and gordon are way past their best

so a big no on all fronts

Justy C
25-05-2002, 07:58 PM
We're not looking for a goalkeeper but if we were Hislop would not be a bad shout. Kitson - no thanks.

I'd welcome back Dean Gordon though, good competition for the left back slot. I also remember him filling in quite nicely in the centre of defence in the mid 90's.

jamesy
25-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Kitson would work for the interim if Clint & Dougie leave.....and as for Hislop....a class keeper on a free especially with Clarke injury prone and Francis not having him as one of his favourites.
We could do a lot worse than Kitson......look at Ade's return for 2.4M!!!

Jimbo ?
25-05-2002, 10:03 PM
i would keep well away from all of them - yes we need players but not them!!! they are not what we are after!

bendyjoe
25-05-2002, 10:19 PM
Sign Gordon short term, see if it works out. Clubs will be doing that sort of thing more and more often now.

Kitson........Jeeeezus, I dunno. Nah, I don't think so.

Hislop.Class keeper, but I agree, not a priority.

leekent1
25-05-2002, 10:28 PM
Granville, after a slow start at Palace, started to show good form towards the end of the season. So Dean Gordon, no thanks.
Alex and Matt. Two top keepers, so Shaka, no thanks.
Kitson.....Your Fu*king joking aren't you.............!

Geezer
25-05-2002, 10:45 PM
With another midfielder the squad is pretty much sorted, no need for any other players.

Neckinger Eagle
26-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Have they really released Hislop?

OK, reality check - Hislop is a Premiership calibre goalie and an international. We wouldn't be able to afford his wages. He's bound to end up at a Premiership club or playing abroad. I doubt he'd seriously consider slumming it in Division 1.

And not Kitson, either. I get the feeling he's a disruptive influence?

Geezer
26-05-2002, 03:19 PM
GO IN GER LAND!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterH
27-05-2002, 04:14 PM
I think we have to be very careful who we sign if it puts pressure on our ability to keep Freedman. I am very worried now he won the Player of the Year, usually signals a move away.

Boris the charltonhater
27-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Kitson was possibly the worst loaning signing we have ever made, even worse than Karic.

Hislop is not better the Kolinko.

Gordon is old past it and would want high wages.

Cleon
27-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Boris
Kitson was possibly the worst loaning signing we have ever made, even worse than Karic. :eek:

Harsh.

But a big NO to any of the players mentioned so far.

Beanie
27-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle
Have they really released Hislop?

OK, reality check - Hislop is a Premiership calibre goalie and an international. We wouldn't be able to afford his wages. He's bound to end up at a Premiership club or playing abroad. I doubt he'd seriously consider slumming it in Division 1.

And not Kitson, either. I get the feeling he's a disruptive influence?

The fact that Hislop has been released speaks volumes - I know that West Ham now have David James - but do they have anybody else? Craig Forrest is also being released, so by my reckoning Hislop is being replaced by Steven(?) Bywater, who might be up and coming but you would have thought a long way short of being ready. This means either that Bywater is thought better than Hislop, or Hislop is looking for silly money. Either way with Matt Clarke, Alex Kolinko, Lance Cronin and possibly Cedric Carasso if the deal with Marsaille is done I hardly think we should be interested.

Jimbo ?
27-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Geezer
With another midfielder the squad is pretty much sorted, no need for any other players.

we need more than 1 midfielder

a back up defence as well - we had a terible record when our defence was away on international duty or injured berhalter out of it deano??? harrison.... not really that great for a reserve team

Jimbo ?
27-05-2002, 05:41 PM
i actually think we need 2 midfielders and another attacker (kirovski position) before we really believe we can challenge teams like coventry derby wolves who have strengh in depth

Mong!
02-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BUNGLE
Do you not remember Kitosn on loan? And why do we need Hislop or Gordon?

He did score a hat trick for his 1st apperance this season, but then again it was against Charlton!!

Neckinger Eagle
03-06-2002, 02:09 PM
I read last week that Hislop may be going to Pompey. So perhaps I was wrong about him going to a division 1 club?

There again, Harry Redknapp is the manager there now, and their Chairman is prone to splash the cash.

Riccardo
03-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Sir JB
Kitson was shít when he was on loan here.

Didn't he play one half ?

nookiebear
03-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Riccardo

Didn't he play one half ?

I think using the word 'play' is pushing it a bit

markholmes1991
07-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Coventry are set to complete the signing of Dean Gordon on a free transfer after the defender was released by Middlesbrough.
Gary McAllister is ready to make the 29-year-old full-back his first signing since taking over as manager at Highfield Road.
Gordon's agent Phil Graham confirmed to TEAMtalk: "There has been very, very strong interest from Coventry and Dean hopes to agree a deal with them very soon."
Gordon started his career with Crystal Palace, making more than 200 appearances before joining Middlesbrough for £900,000 in 1998.
He was capped by the England Under-21s on 13 occasions but has never been able to make the step up to full international honours.
Gordon is being brought in to replace Marcus Hall, who recently turned down a new deal with the club.

Jimbo ?
07-06-2002, 06:42 PM
We dont need him we have craig harrison!!!

not really to bothered - if coventry want to go back up they will need better players than dean gordon who failed while on loan in D2!!

sideshow bob
24-06-2002, 03:15 AM
I'd rather remember the great things Deano did at the beginning of his career.
Bit of a Hopkin sitution..

Wedgy
24-06-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by sideshow bob
I'd rather remember the great things Deano did at the beginning of his career.
Bit of a Hopkin sitution..

Agree - just leave us with the memories :D