PDA

View Full Version : Zidane out?? Maybe

Daniel_Nash
26-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Look! (http://www.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=94200&clid=&cpid=4&Title=Zidane+injury+is+a+worry+for+France)

Would be a real blow for them!! Also, as a spectacle when watching their games...

Boris the charltonhater
26-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Pah! Zidane is almost as overated as Roy Keane. France won't miss him.

Sunny Fan
26-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Would be a shame if he is out, he's a great player to watch.
Who knows though? I imagine that the slightest knock to any player this week will be exaggerated by the press, hopefully this one is just that.

Daniel_Nash
27-05-2002, 04:25 PM
On skysports this morning there is a story about how Zidane will miss the first 2 games for France!

France have been dealt a huge blow ahead of their bid to retain the World Cup with the news that inspirational playmaker Zinedine Zidane will miss their opening two games.

The world's most expensive player injured a thigh muscle in Sunday's friendly win over South Korea, and the results of a scan are not good.

French Football Federation head Calude Simonet confirmed: "I have some slightly worrying news. I've just been told the results of the x-ray and Zinedine Zidane will be absent for two matches.

"For the moment, that's the result of the x-ray. If you want to be world champions, you have to be prepared to play from time to time without one of your stars."

The Real Madrid midfielder, who scored twice in France's final success against Brazil four years ago, will miss Group A games against Senegal and Uruguay.

Bolton midfielder Youri Djorkaeff, a veteran of his country's France '98 and Euro 2000 campaigns, is Zidane's likely replacement.

PeterH
27-05-2002, 04:42 PM
Dealt a huge blow, they could put their second eleven out in that group.

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
Dealt a huge blow, they could put their second eleven out in that group.

Thats the thing about the world cup, its gernerally the team with the best squad that wins, not the best first choice 11.......france have a brilliant replacement for every player and good cover in every position.

Jordan's Jacket
27-05-2002, 04:46 PM
I hope he's fit for two reasons, firstly IMHO he is currently the best player in the world and a joy to watch and secondly, I don't want the French to be able to excuse not winning the Cup on the basis that their star player was absent.

Oh yes, I really hope that they don't win it again. They are not a footballing nation and are populated by a large number of right wing racists.

Essexeagle
28-05-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jordan's Jacket

Oh yes, I really hope that they don't win it again. They are not a footballing nation and are populated by a large number of right wing racists.

a well thought out and argued piece of writing there...:rolleyes:

GOD
28-05-2002, 02:32 PM
I hope france get the the Quarters as I'm in paris that weekend and it could be a good piss up with our garlic crunching friends :p

Chester 76
29-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Boris
Pah! Zidane is almost as overated as Roy Keane. France won't miss him. ???????????????????????????????????????? France`s record without Zidane is significantly worse than their record with him in the team.