PDA

View Full Version : I would be annoyed if.......

Jordan's Jacket
27-05-2002, 05:56 PM
France won the World Cup, mainly because of the French and their general indifference to football (and other nations!!!)

Which team are you hoping goes nowhere in the Cup?

OOCO
27-05-2002, 06:01 PM
Argentina because they seem to hate us with a passion.

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
27-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Argentina, because their demise means that we probably beat them in the group stage.

Sluggo
27-05-2002, 06:12 PM
Got to be Germany ... closely followed by the Arggies.

GOD
27-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Argentina... too many reasons to list

wedgetail
27-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Germany, and there is no need to ask.

King Tubby
27-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Mexixo because they don't exist and I would be really confused.

Biglad
27-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Argentina, cos obviously we would then progress to the next round.

Boris the charltonhater
28-05-2002, 12:28 AM
Why aren't England an option? Or China? Or Costa Rica?

palace rule
28-05-2002, 11:44 PM
we already have revenge on the germans witha 5-1 victory now all we need is the argentinians

skeletor_80
29-05-2002, 03:16 PM
Germany - coz if they were to win the world cup with their current squad they'd have to be the luckiest team in a world cup ever! or cheat their way to victory.

bucketbongeagle
29-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Argentine, we owe them big time and they just love beating us, closely followed by France not only are they the best team in the World, but half of their arrogant country couldn't care less wheter they were world champions or not.

Farnboro' Eagle
29-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Who the hell voted for Belguim - whathave they ever done to anyone?!? I went for Argentina, for most of the reasons already stated.....

Elephant with mouse gyp
29-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Agree with the comments on French lack of football passion, but why the beef with Argentina?

Hopefully the style of their football will change some minds this World Cup, but I won't hold my breath. Don't hold yours, either, if you think England have the slightest chance of beating Argentina, though I have been told that the Argentine players are most worried about Heskey, whose strength they think will be hard to cope with. By the way, Argentine commentators pronounce his name 'Emily'.

SE20
29-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Farnboro' Eagle
Who the hell voted for Belguim - whathave they ever done to anyone?!?

Plastic Bertrand. I rest my case.

Dartford Lad
29-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Definately Germany!

sydney eagle
29-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sluggo
Got to be Germany ... closely followed by the Arggies. my sentiments exactly

Sunny Fan
29-05-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp
Agree with the comments on French lack of football passion, but why the beef with Argentina?
Best beef in the world mate, Mmmmmmm

Hopefully the style of their football will change some minds this World Cup, but I won't hold my breath. Don't hold yours, either, if you think England have the slightest chance of beating Argentina, though I have been told that the Argentine players are most worried about Heskey, whose strength they think will be hard to cope with. By the way, Argentine commentators pronounce his name 'Emily'.
As you know I also want Argentina to do well and really dislike this hatred that the media seems to fuel. It's not reciprocated either: yes, England is the biggest game for Argentina but Argentines don't exhibit the hatred that so many English do for very little reason, just a strong rivalry and a lot of respect. That's how it should be:)

I personally would be annoyed if English fans let down their country, I'm fairly confident they won't but there's always a nagging doubt.

Smurph
29-05-2002, 04:03 PM
Argentina - because they cheat.

Jim Cannons Moustache
29-05-2002, 04:05 PM
I'd be annoyed if England won it and the country started acting arrogant and showed the English to be bad winners....(bad losers are to a certain extent acceptable but not bad winners)

I'd be pleased if England won it and the celebrations had a touch of humility and a feel good factor.

right enough of the poncey talk.........Germany because they ARE bad winners

Elephant with mouse gyp
29-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Smurph
Argentina - because they cheat.

Michael Owen winning a penalty in 98?

The English view of themselves as fair-minded souls stuck in a world of conniving Latin types is one that always makes me laugh.

Just last weekend, England rugby hero Neil Back cheated by knocking the ball from the opposing scrum half's hands at a crucial scrum in the last minute of the Heineken Cup final. The ref was on the other side and didn't see anything.

Instead of calling for his head or whatever, what do the English media do? Praise the little piece of s hit for his cool, street-wise professionalism.

Maybe hypocrisy should be the national trait the English get most patriotic about.

zonin2000
29-05-2002, 04:39 PM
errr... why would anybody be annoyed if Mexico won?

Actually me, because although I am half Mexican (mother) half English, I have declared myself, to my Mexican family, to be 100% English. Whenever England lose I get stick and if Mexico were to win then I would get absolute hell!!

But they won't, and neither will Belgium (a country which I have a soft spot for since I lived there for 8 years) so not to worry. I'll cheer the Mexicans on until they have to face England or they get dangeorously close to winning the thing (which they won't as I have already stated!)

Anyway, I can't remember who I voted for now... possibly Germany, maybe it was Argentina though it could have been France :confused:.

Come on England!

zonin2000
29-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Michael Owen winning a penalty in 98?

:D

Come on, he was only about 13 then and even a falling leaf would have knocked him over!
It certainly wasn't a penalty, but he didn't dive to win it!

King Tubby
29-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
errr... why would anybody be annoyed if Mexico won?

I have nothing against Mexico, its Mexixo that annoys me, homeland of the Munkies, I can never forgive them the infamous "prehensile tail of God" in the 2007 World Cup.

What?
29-05-2002, 07:22 PM
If anyone but England wins i will be annoyed!

elgoodo
30-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Who the hell voted for Belguim - whathave they ever done to anyone?!? I went for Argentina, for most of the reasons already stated.....

I didnt, but considered it, because the beat the great Soviet
side in Mexico '86, jammy gits - never trusted 'em since:D

Boris the charltonhater
04-06-2002, 07:45 PM

I voted France but I now wish I had voted for Belgium. If they progress to the next round it will be because Japan were cheated out of getting three points against them by an incompetent referee.

GUCCI Eagle
04-06-2002, 07:56 PM

Chocolate Nazis

Steve in Phoenix
05-06-2002, 01:35 AM
The English view of themselves as fair-minded souls stuck in a world of conniving Latin types is one that always makes me laugh.

Yeah we must have won a Fair Play spot in the UEFA Cup from a bribe or something. :rolleyes: There's a reason British and Scandinavian sides (and not "Latin types") have dominated this award since its inception.

Argentina get my vote - Have you heard about their players jeering Owen and Campbell when they boarded the coach after the game in 98? I was not impressed. Nor with Batistuta's self-righteous attempts to get Beckham sent off - previously he had been one of my favorite players. Many of them loved Maradona's handball more than the other, because they said it was the best way to beat us. By cheating? Im not seeing a lot of sportsmanship or respect. While I dont like seeing hatred on either side, I dont believe its true that our feelings are not reciprocated at all.

Im not surprised Heskey worries Argentina the most. He had probably his best international game in the friendly against them, probably ended Nestor Sensini's international career too.

Germany would ordinarily get my vote, but no way no how are they going to win it.

pete eagle
05-06-2002, 02:11 AM
there are a few countries

France - because i can take the mick out of my French teacher who is arrogant like the rest of the country about winning it.
Argentina - their lack of sportsmanship after the win in 98. Simeone falling like he'd been shot. Batistuta persuading the ref to send Beckham off. Maradona's handball,etc,etc
Germany - Bunch of arrogant tw@ts. I especially loathe Oliver Kahn.

Argentina however claim my vote