PDA

View Full Version : Just heard on the radio that beckham has

Samo*
30-05-2002, 12:28 AM
broken his foot toe again in training!
Bollox !:grrr:

Daniel_Nash
30-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Nothing on any websites yet! Might not be true.

Samo*
30-05-2002, 12:36 AM
David Beckham has broken his toe.AGAIN

Allow yourself to pause momentarily as the gravity of the news burns into your heart and soul.

The toe of David Beckham has been broken.AGAIN

Football is England's favourite pastime. David Beckham is the nation's favourite player. Without that left foot, our world cup hopes may be dashed forever.

On the left foot of David Beckham, there is a toe that is no longer functioning.AGAIN!

King Tubby
30-05-2002, 12:37 AM
are you sure??

Kevin T
30-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Samo if you are telling porkies then I'm gonna mash you up innit

pubmonkey
30-05-2002, 12:44 AM
i don't believe you

AJ
30-05-2002, 12:44 AM
Is this a riddle? With all those periods and AGAIN's.

I have not seen anything yet! Hope it isn't true though.

Grunt
30-05-2002, 12:45 AM
what radio station?

Samo*
30-05-2002, 12:47 AM
SAMO*FM of course!
:)

King Tubby
30-05-2002, 12:48 AM
This is what's currently on Talksport website

England captain David Beckham WILL be fit to face Sweden in Sunday's World Cup opener.

The midfield ace came through his second full training session on Wednesday as he battles back from his injured foot.

And Beckham is now set to lead his side out as they begin their bid for glory against the Swedes in Saitama.

England have always remained confident the Manchester United star will play and coach Steve McClaren admits all systems are go for their key player.

"David has trained for the last two days with the team and come through very well," he said. "There has been no reaction so he is on course for Sunday still.

"He is doing everything. He is not holding back. He has got a big smile on his face and he is enjoying life.

"Of course you think about his match fitness but he has been working very hard and, by his own admission, over the last two or three weeks, he has felt like he has done another pre-season in terms of the work.

"He is a naturally fit boy anyway and we have got another three or four days' training before the game and he will be okay.

"You would like to think that he can play the entire 90 minutes although that can't be judged at this precise time."

In a double boost, Kieron Dyer is also expected to meet his injury deadline to play in the finals.

Dyer, who has been given until Friday to prove his fitness from a knee injury, came through his first full training session with the squad.

And although he is unlikely to face the Swedes, he could be fit for the second group game against Argentina.

"He has trained with the team and has made some great progress over the last few days," added McClaren. "As long as there is no reaction, he will do the same on Thursday.

"It is the first time today that we have had 23 players on the training field able to all do a full session.

"It's a big time for Kieron but if you see him around the hotel and in training then he is just the same as David Beckham in having big smiles. He has got two days to prove that he can play some part in the World Cup.

"The intensity and focus in the squad has really been apparent this week - but with David and Kieron it has added that little extra bit of spice and focus from the players."

Kevin T
In fact, due to the time difference, its about 4am now, so I'm sure we'd have heard this morning if he'd done himself in training.

Samo, I'm coming to mash you up.

brighton_eagle
what's a foot toe?? :)

Sunny Fan
30-05-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by SAMO*
SAMO*FM of course!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

King Tubby
30-05-2002, 12:51 AM
SAMO*FM of course!
****!:D

Grunt
30-05-2002, 12:51 AM
SAMO*FM of course!

presumably the radio station that plays privately in your head?

or perhaps you hear it playing from behind the curtain? :angel:

AJ
30-05-2002, 12:57 AM
I've got two very green banana's and SAMO, try and guess where I intend to put them:veryangry :veryangry

humpo
30-05-2002, 12:58 AM
considering you posted at 8.30 pm which equates to about 4.30 am in japan...i doubt beckham is training at 4 .30 am so i think we would have heard about this much earlier .

utter codswallop

Ouch that Hurt!
30-05-2002, 01:12 AM
David's never broken it before so it must be Victoria or Brooklyn? Samo??

Ouch that Hurt!
30-05-2002, 01:13 AM
or toenail whilst having it manicured?

30-05-2002, 01:25 AM
Meanwhile, back in reality...

Samo*
30-05-2002, 01:27 AM
Oh look The Doctor's lost again!

ozeagle
30-05-2002, 01:39 AM
this is what i love about this game, 1 week he's a man u player, who cares, next he's an england superstar and everyone loves him and prays for his wellbeing.
i'll be cheering you on, but i'm not expecting.

just hope portugal top their group !!

:angel:

Samo*
30-05-2002, 02:37 AM
Im amazed that last year during the Qualifiers i posted a thread relating to England,and was suprised at how many none belivers there were.
You know who you are!

If someone could dig that thread out we could see who they were!

Samo*
30-05-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by AJ
I've got two very green banana's and SAMO, try and guess where I intend to put them:veryangry :veryangry

Im scared :rolleyes:

Ruskin Old Boy
30-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by AJ

It would make a change from hearing what's he had for breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper, night cap etc etc.
:D I'm sure we all look foward to hearing about the banana meal:D

John Smith
30-05-2002, 03:07 PM
If only you would listen to the voices and go to sleep

johanncryuff
30-05-2002, 03:11 PM
I think I am tuned in to SAMO*FM, coz there are strange reports coming through that Albert Finney has been voted as the sexiest footballer in the world, and that Meg Matthews has been voted MVP Allstar for Blackpool. Reception is not very good though - SAMO* - can you change frequencies or buy a booster please??