PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Bettting Diaries


Dave
31-05-2002, 06:50 PM
I thought I would start a world cup betting diary to follow my forunes obver the next month.

I have stated with a budget of 100 and I will be betting online with william hill.

Friday 31st May

France v Senegal France to win 50 @ 1.30 (lost)
France v Senegal D Trezeguet (Fra) France v Senegal, First Goal Scorer 5@ 3/1 (lost)

Balance after day 1 45 (lost 55)


Bets for Day 2 (1st June)

Uruguay V Denmark Uruguay to win @ 11/8
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Rep Ireland to win @ 2/1
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win @ 1/3

All of the above in a 7 bet 'Patent' bet 3 singles, 3 doubles and one treble - total cost 21


After a terrible start we really need all of these to come in.

PalaceFan in Alabama
31-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
Bets for Day 2 (1st June)

Uruguay V Denmark Uruguay to win @ 11/8
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Rep Ireland to win @ 2/1
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win @ 1/3

All of the above in a 7 bet 'Patent' bet 3 singles, 3 doubles and one treble - total cost 21


As it is against the law in Alabama, I will not be able to bet, but if I was I would go with the following for day 2:

Uruguay V Denmark Denmark to win :p
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Draw :eek:
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win :p

Son of Selhurst
31-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
I thought I would start a world cup betting diary to follow my forunes obver the next month.

I have stated with a budget of 100 and I will be betting online with william hill.

Bets for Day 2 (1st June)

Uruguay V Denmark Uruguay to win @ 11/8
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Rep Ireland to win @ 2/1
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win @ 1/3

All of the above in a 7 bet 'Patent' bet 3 singles, 3 doubles and one treble - total cost 21



Lost.....

OOCO
31-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Good luck my friend. I quite fancy Uruguay for tomorrow.

31-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Commiserations Dave, but what about this for bad luck - I buy yesterday's Evening Standard and the Hot Tickets magazine and inside each mag is a World Cup Golden Goal Card for a 50,000 prize. On each card is a letter of the alphabet representing one player on each side per game. There's a list of the entire France and Senegal team squads and against each player is a corresponding letter. So my letter on my gamecard was M so my two players on the printed list were:
France - Johan Micoud Senegal - Pape Bouba Diop.
If the first goal of the game is scored by either of these two players you may have won the prize, but there's a second entry on each gamecard which is the match result. If the result on your card is the same as the result of the game, you might have won the prize. The result printed on my card was:
0-1 to Senegal.
So far so good - first scorer is Bouba Diop, final score is 0-1. BUT there is a THIRD entry on each card called the scoring time zone, and each card has a 5-minute timespan for instance 26-30 minutes, so if the first goal scored is scored between those times, by the named player and the result is also correct, then thank you very much, you've won. My card has the time zone printed on it of.......31-35.
So when did Monsieur Pape Bouba Diop score the first and only goal for Senegal to beat France and give me 50,000 ....the effing 30th minute - one poxy minute early, the big bad boy. Fix I say, bleeding fix.
THIS IS BTW AN ENTIRELY TRUE STORY AND I AM IN TEARS

Skin Up
31-05-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell


Bets for Day 2 (1st June)

Uruguay V Denmark Uruguay to win @ 11/8
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Rep Ireland to win @ 2/1
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win @ 1/3

All of the above in a 7 bet 'Patent' bet 3 singles, 3 doubles and one treble - total cost 21


After a terrible start we really need all of these to come in.

Sorry but I think Ireland will be the ones to let you down, after losing Keane and seeing how Cameroon played against England (having only arrived in Japan the previous day).

I hope i'm wrong though and I often am.

johanncryuff
31-05-2002, 07:05 PM
How long will your long'un last with results like that Dave??

Mine's a bit more complex - but have you seen the bloke in the RP today - 1000 correct score treble - England 1-1 (Swedes), 2-1 Argies and 4-1 Nigeria. He stands to win 1.38 MILLIOn if he's right!!

I have had
40 ew Portugal 22-1
20 win Italy 7-1
5 England 28-1 (after they lost at Wembley to the krauts)

10ew pauletta top scorer 40-1
5ew nuno gomes 66-1
5ew hakan sukur 66-1
10ew Larsson 80-1

I also lay a few bets but the only decent one so far is on Ronaldo at 16-1 to be top scorer.

Today I had 10 on the draw @ 4-1

Tomorrow I will have 10 double on ireland and sweden to win their groups - 5-1 and 7-1 respectively with Corals.
And a BIG bet on Harte scoring first/last 16-1 Coral.
Also worth a mention is a last scorer bet on Clinton at 11-1 with both the Tote and Super Soccer

Happy punting!!

OOCO
31-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by beestey
Commiserations Dave, but what about this for bad luck - I buy yesterday's Evening Standard and the Hot Tickets magazine and inside each mag is a World Cup Golden Goal Card for a 50,000 prize. On each card is a letter of the alphabet representing one player on each side per game. There's a list of the entire France and Senegal team squads and against each player is a corresponding letter. So my letter on my gamecard was M so my two players on the printed list were:
France - Johan Micoud Senegal - Pape Bouba Diop.
If the first goal of the game is scored by either of these two players you may have won the prize, but there's a second entry on each gamecard which is the match result. If the result on your card is the same as the result of the game, you might have won the prize. The result printed on my card was:
0-1 to Senegal.
So far so good - first scorer is Bouba Diop, final score is 0-1. BUT there is a THIRD entry on each card called the scoring time zone, and each card has a 5-minute timespan for instance 26-30 minutes, so if the first goal scored is scored between those times, by the named player and the result is also correct, then thank you very much, you've won. My card has the time zone printed on it of.......31-35.
So when did Monsieur Pape Bouba Diop score the first and only goal for Senegal to beat France and give me 50,000 ....the effing 30th minute - one poxy minute early, the big bad boy. Fix I say, bleeding fix.
THIS IS BTW AN ENTIRELY TRUE STORY AND I AM IN TEARS

WOW :eek:

King Tubby
31-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by beestey
Commiserations Dave, but what about this for bad luck - I buy yesterday's Evening Standard and the Hot Tickets magazine and inside each mag is a World Cup Golden Goal Card for a 50,000 prize. On each card is a letter of the alphabet representing one player on each side per game. There's a list of the entire France and Senegal team squads and against each player is a corresponding letter. So my letter on my gamecard was M so my two players on the printed list were:
France - Johan Micoud Senegal - Pape Bouba Diop.
If the first goal of the game is scored by either of these two players you may have won the prize, but there's a second entry on each gamecard which is the match result. If the result on your card is the same as the result of the game, you might have won the prize. The result printed on my card was:
0-1 to Senegal.
So far so good - first scorer is Bouba Diop, final score is 0-1. BUT there is a THIRD entry on each card called the scoring time zone, and each card has a 5-minute timespan for instance 26-30 minutes, so if the first goal scored is scored between those times, by the named player and the result is also correct, then thank you very much, you've won. My card has the time zone printed on it of.......31-35.
So when did Monsieur Pape Bouba Diop score the first and only goal for Senegal to beat France and give me 50,000 ....the effing 30th minute - one poxy minute early, the big bad boy. Fix I say, bleeding fix.
THIS IS BTW AN ENTIRELY TRUE STORY AND I AM IN TEARS
:eek:
Have you checked the official time of the goal?? sometimes the television might get it a minute out either way. I don't know where you'd get the official time of the goal though.:(

johanncryuff
31-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by King Tubby

:eek:
Have you checked the official time of the goal?? sometimes the television might get it a minute out either way. I don't know where you'd get the official time of the goal though.:(
It will be the Press Association time, as will the decision re og's throughout the tournament - which makes a mockery of some of the correct score/top scorer betting markets

brighton_eagle
31-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by beestey
Commiserations Dave, but what about this for bad luck - I buy yesterday's Evening Standard and the Hot Tickets magazine and inside each mag is a World Cup Golden Goal Card for a 50,000 prize. On each card is a letter of the alphabet representing one player on each side per game. There's a list of the entire France and Senegal team squads and against each player is a corresponding letter. So my letter on my gamecard was M so my two players on the printed list were:
France - Johan Micoud Senegal - Pape Bouba Diop.
If the first goal of the game is scored by either of these two players you may have won the prize, but there's a second entry on each gamecard which is the match result. If the result on your card is the same as the result of the game, you might have won the prize. The result printed on my card was:
0-1 to Senegal.
So far so good - first scorer is Bouba Diop, final score is 0-1. BUT there is a THIRD entry on each card called the scoring time zone, and each card has a 5-minute timespan for instance 26-30 minutes, so if the first goal scored is scored between those times, by the named player and the result is also correct, then thank you very much, you've won. My card has the time zone printed on it of.......31-35.
So when did Monsieur Pape Bouba Diop score the first and only goal for Senegal to beat France and give me 50,000 ....the effing 30th minute - one poxy minute early, the big bad boy. Fix I say, bleeding fix.
THIS IS BTW AN ENTIRELY TRUE STORY AND I AM IN TEARS

jeez...that's harsh.

Precisely why I never botehr with these things.

31-05-2002, 07:26 PM
It's interesting you raise that point because I was watching the game on ITV and their clock had it as 29th minute, but then the score blob thing came up at the end of the game that it was the 30th minute that the goal was scored by Bouba Diop (funny name, funny guy). The Evening Standard rules printed in yesterday's paper say: "The goal times will be published in the Evening Standard and it is these times that will be used as the official goal time for the Time Range section of the Golden Goal game card."
I cannot believe that they'll print the time as 31st minute when FIFA have it down as 30th, but I suppose I'll go out and buy a Standard just to check - it would be worth 50K after all.:sob:

g23
31-05-2002, 07:27 PM
Yikes DC - thought you went a bit overboard with today's wager, but you're going to get creamed again tomorrow! Denmark will get some kind of result, as will the 'roon (unfortunately). I can only see your 1/3 coming in, and that ain't gonna keep Teaser in bunnies for long. What extravagant long shots are you going for on day 3 if tomorrow lets you down?

King Tubby
31-05-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by beestey
Standard just to check - it would be worth 50K after all.:sob:

Wouldn't spend a precious 35p on the standard even for 50k:)

Good luck though.

brighton_eagle
31-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Nigeria to beat Argentina??

;)

Dave
31-05-2002, 07:29 PM
What extravagant long shots are you going for on day 3 if tomorrow lets you down?

dunno yet

g23
31-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
dunno yet

How 'bout Ingerlund to score? Should get at least 500-1 on that.

Strathclyde Eagle
31-05-2002, 07:55 PM
Just out of curiousity, what are the odds of neither host country qualifying from their groups?

And Fan getting sent off for that matter. :o

Plugster
31-05-2002, 07:59 PM
How To Make A Profit At The World Cup.

5 on Brazil at 6/1, 5 on Ronaldo to be top goalscorer at 16/1. 10 on the double at 66/1.

5 on Italy at 5/1. 5 on Vieri to be top goalscorer at 12/1. 10 on the double at 45/1.

10 on a Brazil v Italy final at 16/1.

To make money in the earlier rounds, back Portugal and Italy in every game until they meet each other. Back Brazil all the way to the final but REMEMBER that the betting is 90 minutes (unless specified) in the knockout stages. Try to put Brazil in multiple bets with Italy and Portugal.

Slovenia may be worth a punt at around 6/1 when they play Spain.

Good punting and good luck,

Mat ov CPFC
31-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Currently keeping my powder dry. If England beat Sweden on Sunday ( and its a big if ) then I can seriously see them going all the way to the final in some style and will start betting on them then, in a variety of ways. Other wise I will wait for the first games in each group to be played and then start. Its seems as though there are to many nerves in 1st matches and things are harder to call.

My wife btw has stuck 10 e/w on Croatia at 80/1. Given their success in the two previous big competetions they have qualified for the odds seem quite generous.

AJ1969
31-05-2002, 08:55 PM
I have 1 quid single bets on the below and a 2 quid accumulator on all of them. Should be fun :D

Uruguay V Denmark Draw
Paraguay V South Africa Draw
Spain V Slovenia Spain to win
South Africa V Slovenia Slovenia to Win
Brazil V Turkey Draw
China V Costa Rica Costa Rica to Win
Costa Rica V Turkey Turkey to Win
Korea Republic V Poland Draw
U S A V Portugal Portugal to Win
Poland V U S A Draw
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Cameroon to Win
Germany V Saudi Arabia Draw
Saudi Arabia V Rep Ireland Rep Ireland to Win
Argentina V Nigeria Draw
England V Sweden Sweden to Win Open
Nigeria V England England to Win
Croatia V Mexico Croatia to win
Italy V Ecuador Italy to win
Mexico V Ecuador Mexico to win
Japan V Belgium Draw
Russia V Tunisia Russia to win
Tunisia V Belgium Belgium to Win
Tunisia V Japan Draw

Munchkin
31-05-2002, 09:44 PM
"After a terrible start we really need all of these to come in."

When you say "we" does this mean you are wagering the BBS donation money?????





:sob:

congress
31-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Good luck Dave, looks like you will need it.

I am starting tomorrow with a thirty quid fund and will play it day by day.

Last European championships , I had Italy to win 1-0 against France and was on the phone to my brother in law bragging about my 800 quid win accumulated form a starting fund of twenty quid when the ******* French scored.
I am going for the Irish to beat Cameroon tomorrow

will hung
01-06-2002, 04:38 AM
What a fantastic thread, I haven't laughed so much in ages
:D :D

Dave
01-06-2002, 02:49 PM
Good luck Dave, looks like you will need it.

Yes I will

Ireland - draw and Uraguay are losing :(

hong_kong_hg
01-06-2002, 02:56 PM
Don't worry Dave, you are not alone :(

20 big ones on France to win... panned

Ireland to win, Keane to score first... panned

France to win world cup... doh!

Currently feeling like a :clown:

Need my bet on England to come in... Scholes to score first and England to win 3-0 at 102/1 :cool:

congress
01-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Stunning goal for Uruguay.

I might have some on Germany to beat Saudi Arabia.I cannot see the Germans losing that.

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by congress
Stunning goal for Uruguay.

I might have some on Germany to beat Saudi Arabia.I cannot see the Germans losing that.


I have allowed myself 200 in betting funds. 100 of it is going to be for all in bets and then doubling up should I win. Just placed it on Germany.

The other will be for smaller combination bets. Probably go 25 on Croatia to beat Mexico and then Brazil to beat Turkey and Italy to beat Ecuador.

Random*
01-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
As it is against the law in Alabama, I will not be able to bet, but if I was I would go with the following for day 2:

Uruguay V Denmark Denmark to win :p
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Draw :eek:
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win :p


What are your predictions for day three then?

Dave
01-06-2002, 06:36 PM
Well after day 2 only one winner from 3:

Balance -72

Day 3 Bets

Bet Type : Yankee
Placed : 01/06/2002 14:33:20

Stake 11.00(11Bets @ 1.00 per bet)
Paraguay V South Africa Paraguay to win @ 4/5 - Open
Spain V Slovenia Spain to win @ 4/9 - Open
Argentina V Nigeria Argentina to win @ 8/15 - Open
England V Sweden England to win @ 11/10 - Open



Balance going into day3 -83

PalaceFan in Alabama
01-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Random*
What are your predictions for day three then?

Paraguay V South Africa Draw
Spain V Slovenia Spain to win
Argentina V Nigeria Argentina to win (Could be a War)
England V Sweden England to win (this is from my heart, my head tells me it will be a draw)

Munchkin
01-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Munchkin's tip for the day:

If you are getting tips from a Palace supporter would you really risk it? :(

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Ok, so my inital 100 bet on Germany won me 28.00 and some shrapnel.

Tommorrows bets are as follows


Argentina v Nigeria 5 the draw
England v Sweden 10 England win
Spain v Slovenia 10 Slovenian win


Also got a free 10 bet on the scorer of the first goal in the England game so I went for Sol Campbell at 33-1. I reckon its going to be tight and I can really see a goal from a corner being the opener.


Gonna wait till Monday before putting on a big bet again.

AddiscombeEagle
01-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Italy Equador looks alright, I have just put a score on that which will make me 8

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
Italy Equador looks alright, I have just put a score on that which will make me 8


Thats one I am seriously considering sticking the 100 on again. And then on Portugal to beat the USA.

OOCO
01-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
Well after day 2 only one winner from 3:

England V Sweden England to win @ 11/10 - Open




Great, we're doomed. :hmph:

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-06-2002, 10:35 PM
Sod the footie betting for tonight, bored at work just lost a fiver on the 6.10 at Lingfield....oh well here goes 5 on Bush cat at 10-1 in the 6.40.......

Jaffa
01-06-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC



Thats one I am seriously considering sticking the 100 on again. And then on Portugal to beat the USA.

I wouldnt go risking 100 notes on that, Equador may suprise a few people with Delgado being an unlikely bet for first goal scorer in that game.

I fancy the US may get a draw out of Portugal too.

I understand why people go for safe bets at rubbish odds, but it isnt the way to make money through betting...

Twyford Bee
02-06-2002, 12:11 AM
The USA are a lot worse than they have been. I'd bet on Portugal to win, though maybe not 100.

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-06-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Sod the footie betting for tonight, bored at work just lost a fiver on the 6.10 at Lingfield....oh well here goes 5 on Bush cat at 10-1 in the 6.40.......

Wohoo 8.10 at Lingfield, 5 on Hot love at 5-1! yes thankyou! really should be working........

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-06-2002, 12:38 AM
Usa - Portugal, Portugal will squeeze it....not worth 100 i dont think.

Geezer
02-06-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
I thought I would start a world cup betting diary to follow my forunes obver the next month.

I have stated with a budget of 100 and I will be betting online with william hill.

Friday 31st May

France v Senegal France to win 50 @ 1.30 (lost)
France v Senegal D Trezeguet (Fra) France v Senegal, First Goal Scorer 5@ 3/1 (lost)

Balance after day 1 45 (lost 55)


Bets for Day 2 (1st June)

Uruguay V Denmark Uruguay to win @ 11/8
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Rep Ireland to win @ 2/1
Germany V Saudi Arabia Germany to win @ 1/3

All of the above in a 7 bet 'Patent' bet 3 singles, 3 doubles and one treble - total cost 21


After a terrible start we really need all of these to come in.

Sorry but HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

congress
02-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Sweden to beat England today 12-5.

They are generous odds

Portugal to beat USA 4-9, is pretty easy money
Both with eurobet

Mat ov CPFC
02-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC


Also got a free 10 bet on the scorer of the first goal in the England game so I went for Sol Campbell at 33-1. I reckon its going to be tight and I can really see a goal from a corner being the opener.




Jaffa, THATS what you call betting :)

Dave
02-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC



Jaffa, THATS what you call betting :)

****

Random*
02-06-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Paraguay V South Africa Draw
Spain V Slovenia Spain to win
Argentina V Nigeria Argentina to win (Could be a War)
England V Sweden England to win (this is from my heart, my head tells me it will be a draw)

Ok, the Spain game hasn't started yet, but I think we can be pretty sure of the result... This is getting quite eery PFIA, taking your 'head' result for England...

What about Day 4 then?

Jaffa
02-06-2002, 04:39 PM
Mat Ov,

Yeah, good on you mate, I saw a deal where 10 for first goal scorer was doubled to 20, and was gonna have 20 on Campbell at 40-1

Oh how I nearly cried.

Ruskin Old Boy
02-06-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC

Also got a free 10 bet on the scorer of the first goal in the England game so I went for Sol Campbell at 33-1. I reckon its going to be tight and I can really see a goal from a corner being the opener.



Top bet:p (any odds for the goal coming from a corner?) Where will Palace finish next season?:)

Grim Reaper
02-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Got 20 with sportingodds.com at 9/10 that there will be less than 19 red cards in the tourney. Been very clean so far so I think the total is still 0. Missed second half of Spa-Slo. Can anyone tell me if there were no reds in that either.

My betting is so-so so far although I did have a few quid on the draw tody at half time at 7/2. Quite who at sportingodds.com was being so generous with the odds give our record against Sweden I don't know but I'll salute him anyway!

Clinton to be Eire's top scorer at 12/1 seemed to be a good bet until that plank McCarthy didn't even give him a sub's run out. Grrrr.

Bet of the tourney? Mboma to be Cameroon's top scorer at 5/2. Dunno what the odds are now that he's in the lead after the Eire game.

Strathclyde Eagle
02-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama


Paraguay V South Africa Draw
Spain V Slovenia Spain to win
Argentina V Nigeria Argentina to win (Could be a War)
England V Sweden England to win (this is from my heart, my head tells me it will be a draw)
This is all getting a bit eerie now PFIA.

Or should that be Psychic Phil? ;)

Dave
02-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Uggh yet another bad day for me.

Day started well with Argentina winning - however England and Paraguay let me down - but I did have spain

Tomorrows bets (chasing favourites :( )


Placed : 02/06/2002 17:11:15Bet Type : Trixie Stake : 16.00
4Bets @ 4.00 per bet Status
Brazil V Turkey Brazil to win @ 2/5 Open
Croatia V Mexico Croatia to win @ 6/5 Open
Italy V Ecuador Italy to win @ 4/9 Open

balance -96.69

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell

Croatia V Mexico Croatia to win @ 6/5 Open




I think Mexico @ 2-1 for the win against Croatia is a good bet............

PalaceFan in Alabama
02-06-2002, 11:39 PM
OK here goes my last attempt as I will be road running for the rest of the week:

Brazil V Turkey Draw
Croatia V Mexico Croatia
Italy V Ecuador Italy

China V Costa Rica China
Korea V Poland Poland

USA V Portugal Portugal
Germany V Ireland Draw (Germany defence suspect)
Cameroon V Saudi Arabia Cameroon

France V Uruguay France (Can they play that badly again?)
Denmark V Senegal Draw

Spain V Paraguay Spain
Sweden V Nigeria Sweden
Argentina V England Argentina (based on what I saw in the game against Sweden)

Mat ov CPFC
02-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Just placed 55 on a Croatia, Brazil, Italy treble which pays me out about 187 if it comes in.

congress
03-06-2002, 12:13 AM
The Croatia game is a bit difficult to call.

I lost 40 today on a couple of results plus eurobets 60 second spin.I put in 40 quid and after my football bets had 7 left.I then started to play 60 second spin and got back to 60 quid in my account before losing the whole lot.

No more gambling for this world cup for me.

Steve H
03-06-2002, 03:31 AM
Just the one win for me - put a fiver on the 1-1 scoreline between England and Sweden today at 5/1. :p

My other bets so far are:

5 each way on Portugal to win the tournament at 14/1
3 on Ronaldinho to be top scorer at 25/1
3 on Olisadebe to be top scorer at 66/1 ;)
3 on Slovenia to beat Spain at 13/2 :(
2 on Beckham to score first today, plus 2 on Scholes for the same :(

Dave
03-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Just placed 55 on a Croatia, Brazil, Italy treble which pays me out about 187 if it comes in.

unlucky

Mat ov CPFC
03-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Oh well. Just transfered 200 to my wifes account so at least I end up 100 up.

Stuck 100 on a Brazil/Italy double in a desperate attempt to claw back my losses and perhaps end the day up 50 quid buut my current balance is down to 78.00

Dave
03-06-2002, 07:02 PM
won 8.09 on my trixe - (damn you croats) but stuck a 100 single on Italy which returned 140

balance Day 4 -51.70

AJ
03-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Seems to me that a lot of money is being lost here! My advice, quit while you still own the shirt on your back:o

Dave
03-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Bet Type : Patent
Placed : 03/06/2002 15:09:03

Stake 7.00(7Bets @ 1.00 per bet)
China V Costa Rica Costa Rica to Win @ 1/1 - Open
Korea Republic V Poland Korea Republic to win @ 6/4 - Open
Japan V Belgium Belgium to Win @ 7/4 - Open

pete eagle
03-06-2002, 07:48 PM
the first two games are difficult ones to call. Japan vs Belgium isn't straightforward either. At home with all their fans and they have some very useful players the Japanese - they are very capable of beating belgium

Trigger Happy
03-06-2002, 08:05 PM
I have 200 on spencer to win big brother, placed when the odds were 6/1 (they are now 3/4) I also have 75 on Alex to be evicted this week placed when odds were 3/1 they are now about 4/5. I also won 80 when lynne was voted out.

I win.

LLCOOLSTEVE
03-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE


I think Mexico @ 2-1 for the win against Croatia is a good bet............


:)

Mat ov CPFC
04-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Oh well. Brazil and Italy made me a happy man today and I ended up 45 today bring my winnings to 380 for the tournament so far.

Not sure about the games tommorrow so I may well give them a skip. Although if anybody has strong feelings about any of them matches I might be willing to have a little flutter so please feel free to advise me.

Ta :)


And nice bet on Mexico LL. I should know better than to trust those Balkan B@stards. To make matters worse my wife informed me that if she finds out I have bet against Croatia later on in the tournament ( which I was planning to do ) then I could well find myself 'cleansed' from my own house :eek:

Mat ov CPFC
04-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Tempted to go for a Russia, Portugal and Germany win treble tommorrow. Any opinions about Russia ? Pretty sure the other two are good for a win but not to sure about the Vodka Boys.

Dave
04-06-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Tempted to go for a Russia, Portugal and Germany win treble tommorrow. Any opinions about Russia ? Pretty sure the other two are good for a win but not to sure about the Vodka Boys.


Against Tunisia - they should be OK.


Ireland are a steal @ 7/2 - Get on!

Dave
04-06-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
Bet Type : Patent
Placed : 03/06/2002 15:09:03

Stake 7.00(7Bets @ 1.00 per bet)
China V Costa Rica Costa Rica to Win @ 1/1 - Open
Korea Republic V Poland Korea Republic to win @ 6/4 - Open
Japan V Belgium Belgium to Win @ 7/4 - Open

My 7 bet returned 9.50

Balance now -49.20

Slowly clawing my way back

Plugster
05-06-2002, 12:42 AM
I haven't had a losing bet yet (not accounting for my Italy, Vieri, Ronaldo, Brazil outright bets as in an earlier post). 10 win on Denmark to beat Uraguay at 2/1. Next bet was 20 treble on Italy, Brazil, and Portugal (presumtious in know) at 2/5, 4/9, and 4/9. A return of about 60. Half of this will go on the same three teams in the next round of group match's, half will go in my pocket. Can't see anything outstanding in coming days.

Blind_Eagle
05-06-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell



Slowly clawing my way back

But only after a touch of 'cheating' involving doubling your original stake money to 200 ;)

Grim Reaper
05-06-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell



Against Tunisia - they should be OK.


Ireland are a steal @ 7/2 - Get on!

Just lumped a score on Russia to beat Tunisia. As for Eire, it's got to be a gritty draw just like it was at the weekend. Remember where you read it first

Dave
05-06-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Grim Reaper


Just lumped a score on Russia to beat Tunisia. As for Eire, it's got to be a gritty draw just like it was at the weekend. Remember where you read it first

Cris wtf is Eire? Irish Republic if you don't mind - Ireland hasn't had dominion status since 1948.

Dave
05-06-2002, 03:00 AM
But only after a touch of 'cheating' involving doubling your original stake money to 200

It's bending the rules (a little)

johanncryuff
05-06-2002, 03:16 AM
I had 20 England to draw, and 10 at 5/1 on Slovenia

Yesterday I had 20 on Half time/full time Italy/Italy - keeps me ticking over.
Today I had 10 on Japan, And 10 on Korea to draw - doh! Thankfully jamie spencer came to my rescue on a 6-1 shot to recover my losses.

I have just had a 25 double Russia/Portugal.

I think the 7/2 Ireland is a fair bet given the circumstances, but will be buying them on the Win dex (25/10/0) if I can get them at 8.5 or less. Fixed odds punters should (IMHO) back both Ireland and the draw.
I see Harte is available again at 16-1 (first or last), and Clinton at 11-1 (last). fiver on each I think!

Good Luck all:p

Mat ov CPFC
05-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Got 20 on a Russia, Portugal and Germany win treble.

But I have decided to take my money (well most of it) and run. If this bet comes off today then I will still have 90 to play with. If not I am down to 10.

Dave
05-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Got 20 on a Russia, Portugal and Germany win treble.

But I have decided to take my money (well most of it) and run. If this bet comes off today then I will still have 90 to play with. If not I am down to 10.

Hpw much are you actually 'up' then Mathew?

Mat ov CPFC
05-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Over all I am 'up' 360 now that another 20 has floated away on the winds of ill fortune ( although I am rather glad that Portugal got beat now, the thought of being less than a minute away from winning my treble and then seeing it snatched away from me by Ireland is to much to bear contemplating ).

But I have banked 350 of it, along with the 100 initial stake, and have 10 to play with which I might put on an England/Lewis win double, just for the sheer hell of it :)

Grim Reaper
05-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Grim Reaper


Just lumped a score on Russia to beat Tunisia. As for Eire, it's got to be a gritty draw just like it was at the weekend. Remember where you read it first

LADIES AND GENETLEMEN - I THAAAAAAAANK YOU! :cool:

johanncryuff
05-06-2002, 10:01 PM
Having got the RP early this morning and found Chandler offering 9/2 Ireland and 5/2 the draw, I had 12 and 18 respectively, and ignored the spreads. Profit of 33, which covered the poxy portugese letting me down on the double I had with Russia. Looks like my 40ew on them at 22-1 isn't such a good bet now!! And as for Pauletta:rolleyes:

Tomorrows early game will just have a tenner on the draw - 11/5 Ladbrokes. 0-0 looks better value than 1-1, but will the draw against France have gone to the heads of the Senegalese??

As an aside both Anna Kareena and Lunar Lord could run very well at Chester tonight. Noseda is no mug, and it is his only runner there tonight, and LL won nicely last time for Emily Jones, who rides again, with a very small penalty. Could produce enough for me to back the Saudi's to nick a draw tomorrow!!!!!

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by johanncryuff


As an aside both Anna Kareena and Lunar Lord could run very well at Chester tonight. Noseda is no mug, and it is his only runner there tonight, and LL won nicely last time for Emily Jones, who rides again, with a very small penalty. Could produce enough for me to back the Saudi's to nick a draw tomorrow!!!!!

Got a fiver on Daisy Buttons in the 6.40 @ Beverley, odds of 5-1....

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-06-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE


Got a fiver on Daisy Buttons in the 6.40 @ Beverley, odds of 5-1....

:grrr: On The Brink in the 7.10.......

johanncryuff
05-06-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE


:grrr: On The Brink in the 7.10.......
wont get rich on 11/8 shots!!!

Rather than hijack this footy thread - is there another betting one? If not I will start one with a selection for each race tonight!!

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by johanncryuff

wont get rich on 11/8 shots!!!

Rather than hijack this footy thread - is there another betting one? If not I will start one with a selection for each race tonight!!

Start a thread if you want.....had 10 on Bring it on (1st)and 5 each way on Golden nun(3rd), returned 50 altogether......
:)

johanncryuff
06-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Back to topic.
I had 10 on the Denmark game being a draw at 11/5 today. Left the Saudi game alone. Just had 20 at 7/4 on France (half time bet).

Still can't work out how I'm doing - too many scraps of paper!!

LLCOOLSTEVE
07-06-2002, 01:05 AM
hmmmm just put some money on England to win 4-0 :D i got a funny feeling bout that scoreline.

Twyford Bee
07-06-2002, 01:41 AM
It is funny how England can really turn it on when you least expect it (4-1 vs Holland, 5-1 vs Germany).

I've spent the last week telling a mate how Saudi will definitely get at least a point from the tournament and getting laughed at. I almost put money on a draw today, though now I'm glad I didn't! I bet the odds were reasonable.

Twyford Bee
07-06-2002, 01:46 AM
Do you lot usually bet online or in person?

Do you always use 1 bookmaker or do you shop around for good odds?

johanncryuff
07-06-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Twyford Bee
Do you lot usually bet online or in person?

Do you always use 1 bookmaker or do you shop around for good odds?

I do most of my betting by phone, debit account. I have a credit a/c with one bookie but tend to use that when I am lower on funds in current a/c. I have a few internet accounts (deposit) but find phone betting easier.
Tend to shop around - especially for football - some wild variances in odds means you can nick a bit here and there (See my Ireland/Germ bets earlier this week etc.)

Spread betting is the thing I like most, but you really need to spend an hour a day looking for the prices you want - and I am too busy at work for that!!

Strathclyde Eagle
07-06-2002, 03:35 PM
So, has anyone (not mentioning any names, Dave) put anything on Argentina? ;)

Jaffa
07-06-2002, 03:43 PM
As I am very poor the only bet I could afford was a free 2 bet with eurobet.

I had 1 on 2-1 England Owen Hargreaves @ 225/1

Also, I had 1 on 2-1 Argentina Gabriel Batistuta @ 25/1

Chris K
07-06-2002, 04:01 PM
www.surreysports.co.uk are giving a free 5 bet if you register with them. I have and put a fiver on 2-1 England @ 11/1.

Dave
09-06-2002, 02:49 PM
after an extended break now have a score on Turkey against Costa Rica @ 4-6

congress
09-06-2002, 03:14 PM
You have raised the game a little, I thought you were only had a pot of 100?

Dave
09-06-2002, 03:18 PM
I only bet that additional 100 to build the stake back up

Dave
09-06-2002, 04:23 PM
boll0x

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Denmark are 7-1 to beat France......must be worth a few quid.

LLCOOLSTEVE
11-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Denmark are 7-1 to beat France......must be worth a few quid.


Was worth 120 to me ;)

pete eagle
11-06-2002, 04:01 PM
lucky b******

johanncryuff
12-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Working backwards
10 first and last scorer Heskey today.
Had 75 at 8/15 on Paraguay today - more than a few scary moments.
20 on Ireland /Cameroon double.

Sold the time of the first goal Brazil/China at 28 for 5 - make up 13=65 profit.

So far I have calculated that I am slightly ahead (50 or so) but the main bets (Portugal?!?!?!?) are still in with a fighting chance!!!

Tomorrow I will be having a 50 double with V Chandler on Turkey and Brazil - pays almost evens!!

firesign
12-06-2002, 09:37 PM
Quids in

From BBC Sport
A lone English punter backed France to crash out of the World Cup without scoring - but only risked 1 on the bet.

The Swindon man collected 40 after the 40/1 shot came in, but must now be wishing he'd been less conservative.

William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe confirmed the man was the only one of their customers to take up the bet.

But he admitted they were more than happy to pay out, given the amount of money they had made from the premature exits of France and Argentina.

If the punter fancies another flutter, Tunisia are still available at a tasty 2,500-1 to win the tournament.

:rolleyes:

AJ1969
12-06-2002, 09:38 PM
hmm, haven't done that well :sob:

Originally posted by AJ1969
I have 1 quid single bets on the below and a 2 quid accumulator on all of them. Should be fun :D

Uruguay V Denmark Draw
Paraguay V South Africa Draw
Spain V Slovenia Spain to win
South Africa V Slovenia Slovenia to Win
Brazil V Turkey Draw
China V Costa Rica Costa Rica to Win
Costa Rica V Turkey Turkey to Win
Korea Republic V Poland Draw
U S A V Portugal Portugal to Win
Poland V U S A Draw
Rep Of Ireland V Cameroon Cameroon to Win
Germany V Saudi Arabia Draw
Saudi Arabia V Rep Ireland Rep Ireland to Win
Argentina V Nigeria Draw
England V Sweden Sweden to Win Open
Nigeria V England England to Win
Croatia V Mexico Croatia to win
Italy V Ecuador Italy to win
Mexico V Ecuador Mexico to win
Japan V Belgium Draw
Russia V Tunisia Russia to win
Tunisia V Belgium Belgium to Win
Tunisia V Japan Draw

johanncryuff
14-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by johanncryuff

I have had
40 ew Portugal 22-1
20 win Italy 7-1
5 England 28-1 (after they lost at Wembley to the krauts)

10ew pauletta top scorer 40-1
5ew nuno gomes 66-1
5ew hakan sukur 66-1
10ew Larsson 80-1

I also lay a few bets but the only decent one so far is on Ronaldo at 16-1 to be top scorer.


Today I had two 20 doubles, Russia/Japan was one, Portugal/USA the other.


I'll get me coat;)

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Turkey are 2-1 to beat Japan......might be worth it.

Or Belgium 7-1 to beat Brazil..........an upset perhaps???

AddiscombeEagle
17-06-2002, 04:21 PM
5 on Belgium

LLCOOLSTEVE
20-06-2002, 09:58 PM
quite fancy Heskey to score first, England to win 2-0 @80 -1 for tomorrow.

LLCOOLSTEVE
21-06-2002, 12:21 AM
And also have Scholes to score first and England to win 3-1! :)

hong_kong_hg
21-06-2002, 01:26 AM
Right I've frittered away 67 pounds. One last ditch chance to win it back.

3 on Campell to score first and England to win 3-1 in normal time, 450-1 with Ladbrokes.

johanncryuff
21-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Having seen all my ante posts bets go down (cept the 5 on England at 28/1!) and suffering some horrendous results in the last round, I am contemplating buying total goals tomorrow for 100 per goal!!!
I have also had 100 on England to win in 90 mins tomorrow @ 2/1. This is to make up for the fact that the only decent ante-post bet I laid (rather than backed) was a useful sum on Ronaldo to be top scorer @ 16/1 for a couple of mates. I didn't bother laying it off either!!

I am about 180 down at present, but have just "won" several thousand by taking voluntary redundancy. Happy Days:D :D :D :D

johanncryuff
21-06-2002, 03:03 AM
Have bottled slightly - I bought total goals at 50 per goal at 2.8.
0-0 loses me 140, 3-2 wins me 110, and 5-3 wins me 260.

Dave
25-06-2002, 06:28 PM
won a 100 single on Germany today @ evens - brings me break even for the tournament so far :)

g23
25-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
won a 100 single on Germany today @ evens - brings me break even for the tournament so far :)

Only three chances left to make yourself a loser then.

Plugster
25-06-2002, 09:29 PM
So, am I in the money ? 10 at 66/1 on Ronaldo to be top scorer and Brazil to win the World Cup. Can't be more than a 5/4 shot now. However, don't count them chickens, until them chickens have hatched.

Dave
25-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Plugster
So, am I in the money ? 10 at 66/1 on Ronaldo to be top scorer and Brazil to win the World Cup. Can't be more than a 5/4 shot now. However, don't count them chickens, until them chickens have hatched.

Nice bet.

I see that Ronaldo is 1/2 to score again before the end of the tournament - got to be good value.

g23
25-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
I see that Ronaldo is 1/2 to score again before the end of the tournament - got to be good value.

I agree - at the very least it'll be Klose!

BOOM BOOM!

PeterH
26-06-2002, 02:29 AM
Lost my readies real early. The Italians copped out that screwed up two bets.

Had England, Ireland and Belguim to win their groups. All came second, if England had been a bit more attack minded I would have wion that one.

Really cannot see that many people have made much on this one.

LLCOOLSTEVE
26-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Im about 120 up overall..........

LLCOOLSTEVE
26-06-2002, 03:35 AM
Is it worth putting say 40 on brazil to win at 4/9 and 10 on Turkey at 6/1 to cover your back???.....im crap at working out money back on odds etc....anyone help me????

Dave
26-06-2002, 03:52 PM
I have placed the entire contents of my online betting account on Brasil to Beat Turkey :D

Dave
26-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
I have placed the entire contents of my online betting account on Brasil to Beat Turkey :D

Kiss my face

g23
26-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
Kiss my face

Buy my season ticket.

Dave
26-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by g23


Buy my season ticket.

bear in mind I only won 286.37

Malakite
26-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Well bearing in mind my Mrs uses this site, I am afraid I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how much cash I have lost throughout this bloody Cup :( :grrr: :veryangry

Strathclyde Eagle
26-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell


Kiss my face
I'd sooner just offer you warm congratulations if I may. ;)