PDA

View Full Version : Freedman to stay on

OKnotOK
31-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Freedman ready for talks

Dougie Freedman admits he is ready to discuss a new contract with The Eagles, saying he is not interested in a move away from Selhurst Park.
Freedman is out of contract at the end of next season and has been linked with a move away from the club, but he says that he is keen to remain an Eagles player and will discuss a new deal.
Freedman, who scored 22 goals last season, could leave the under the Bosman ruling at the end of next season, but he says that is an option that he isn't even interested in taking up.
Palace chairman Simon Jordan is likely to discuss a deal with Freedman in the near future. Freedman is hugely popular with Palace fans who have voted him player of the year.

Best news I have heard in ages!

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/Team_News/0,1562,16,00.html

OOCO
31-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Good. I was quite sure he would. Hope he still gets on with Francis.

magoo
31-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Yep...lets hope he signs a new contract soon:p

LLCOOLSTEVE
31-05-2002, 08:43 PM
"Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

The thing is, Dougie just does not want to leave.........he want's to see out the rest of his career at the club,and if under contract he can't be forced to leave.........he is happy, just bought a new house in area and has a new born baby aswell. SJ has offered him a new contract, and he want's to sign. "

917L
31-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Dougie wants to stay and the Frogs lose to Senegal1 What a great day!!:D

gator
31-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 917L
Dougie wants to stay and the Frogs lose to Senegal1 What a great day!!:D
OOHHHH WHAT A WONNNNDERFULLLLL WORRRRRLD.

Random*
01-06-2002, 06:23 AM
Doesn't surprise me - he hasn't exactly set the world alight wherever else that he's played apart from at Palace. Besides, I'm sure that Jordan will offer him a nice contract.

Jimbo ?
01-06-2002, 08:48 PM
i never thought he would leave - he is palace through and through!!!

pedro
01-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
i never thought he would leave - he is palace through and through!!!
My sentiments exactly, he has a genuine love for the club and in this age of greed it is nice to hear a player show this type of loyalty.

selhurst
01-06-2002, 11:10 PM
Let's hope it's true. I wouldn't say that teamtalk is a very reliable source.