PDA

View Full Version : Ireland V Cameroon

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 08:41 AM
only a few hours to go now

(A)predictions....

(B)will Clinton play a part

(C)will the side be advantaged/disadvantaged from the non appearance of Keane?

a)2-1 to Ireland

b)hope so:p

c)no

Samo*
01-06-2002, 08:58 AM
1-0 Ireland:)

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 09:04 AM
are you at work SAMO? and if you are do you have a tele?

Samo*
01-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Im off at 06.30,so i shall be back home for the game,if i am at work during any games,we have sky in the office! :)
clinton 25 yards!

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by SAMO*
clinton 25 yards! top right hand corner:p

sexyrazor
01-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Pub opens in half hour - up and ready to go!!

I don't think Clint will start but he WILL come on and score making the final score 3-1 to Ireland!!!

;)

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 10:39 AM
People like us who are up early should be commended! Especially after last nights activity!

err.. 2-1 to Ireland, Robbie Keane and Morrison!

So, yes he will play.. and no, Roy Keane is a muppet.

NZsparky
01-06-2002, 10:41 AM
I think Ireland will win this one and stick two fingers up to Roy Keane(Ediot). Clinton comes off the bench to grab a brace:D
Best I get down the pub then:p

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by NZsparky
I think Ireland will win this one and stick two fingers up to Roy Keane(Ediot). Clinton comes off the bench to grab a brace:D
Best I get down the pub then:p nice civil time for us to go down the pub to watch a match for a change isn't it NZ:p

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Ahh don't get used to it! Just wait til the next world cup! In Germany! :D

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 10:46 AM
I'll worry about that in 4 years :p

NZsparky
01-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
nice civil time for us to go down the pub to watch a match for a change isn't it NZ:p
Yes mate, I've just finnished work. I'll have a bottle of crown to you, as I'm off down the local rub to watch it on the over sized sheeps arse!!!!!!

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 10:49 AM

Yes mate, I've just finnished work. I'll have a bottle of crown to you, as I'm off down the local rub to watch it on the over sized sheeps arse!!!!!! :D nice one,I have some nice cold stellas calling....

Dave
01-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Come on you Reps - we can do it

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 11:17 AM
from the times website, thought this was a nice little graphic...

James
01-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Why is it that I just know that if Clinton is given a chance he will certainly score and look brilliant?

My guess Cameroon 2 Ireland 0 (Unless Clinton is introduced before half-time).

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 11:26 AM
I would bring Morrison on if things are still dead locked at half time. The way he can bring the ball into the Penalty box should ensure that even if he does not score there is a good chance he will manage to win a penalty. Who takes those for the Republic ?

selhurst
01-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by James
I just know that if Clinton is given a chance he will certainly score

Yes, I get the same feeling James. Of course it could just be a biased, Palace supporters' view, but I like to think that we've seen enough of Morrison over the last couple of years, to know that he has the potential to do well in this tournament.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 12:19 PM
BRING ON CLINTON:)

Dave at this rate you'll be broke soon:eek:

Dave
01-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Dave at this rate you'll be broke soon

Indeed

V dissapointed so far - Stevie Staunton is having a bit of a howler

hong_kong_hg
01-06-2002, 12:22 PM

Yes mate, I've just finnished work. I'll have a bottle of crown to you, as I'm off down the local rub to watch it on the over sized sheeps arse!!!!!!

G'Day Simon! :)

Teaser
01-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Come on Ireland :p

BRING ON MORRISON :)

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell

Indeed

V dissapointed so far - Stevie Staunton is having a bit of a howler No one is really playing that well for Ireland. IMO they need to get more direct balls out to Duff,he's the one who looks moderately dangerous.

ozeagle
01-06-2002, 12:36 PM
it'll be revealed that they are schizen...

Gooders
01-06-2002, 12:36 PM
How do you feel now Mr Keane?

Your team needs you.

Teaser
01-06-2002, 12:42 PM
Thank god for that - Dave in better mood now...... :p

COME ON IRELAND

Gooders
01-06-2002, 12:43 PM
I take it back.

**** off Keane.

Matt Holland - you ******* beauty!!!!!:)

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 01:26 PM
absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half. Cameroon weren't in it at all and a lovely shot by Matt Holland:)

selhurst
Well done Ireland!!! :)

Daniel_Nash
I know he's Millwall, but Steven Reid has a belting shot. Maybe he should start the next game.

I would have thought they would take Keane off and stick Morrison on to grab a goal. Damien Duff was creating lots of chances, but (except for the shot off the post) Keane seemed to hardly be in the game.

Clapham Grand
01-06-2002, 01:31 PM
Well, just finished watching the game in Pusan (Korean commentary is brill - ssshhhhhoooooootttttttttt! - very hot and humid out here but this has to be the most friendly country I have ever been too - I was bowed to 8 times just going in and out of the bar in the hotel!!

Atmos is great - met a Blades fan by random in the street and went out for beers last nite - seeing all 3 games in Pusan and Brazil v Turkey inbetween, bring it on!

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
but (except for the shot off the post) Keane seemed to hardly be in the game. I agree totally,I was thinking bring either Clinton on (for his pace) or Quinn on for all the dead ball attempts that they had.They were putting loads of crosses in with no one there to connect.

Les Butler
01-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Bloody Irish nearly broke my big toe !

The shot that went off the post I helped kick but hit the bloody coffee table.........It hurts....whinge... sob.....

First half crap but the 2nd half showed Irelands class and who needs that Man utd tosser anyway.

Well done Ireland !

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 01:35 PM
How about this, just got it sent to me and have no idea where it's from:

Dave
01-06-2002, 01:39 PM
gutted - we should of had that

Skin Up
01-06-2002, 01:41 PM
I was well impressed that

a) I managed to get up in time to watch the whole game

b) Ireland finished the game the strongest team and the heat didn't seem to bother them at all

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Skin Up
the heat didn't seem to bother them at all It bothered Ian Harte and gave him cramps.

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
It bothered Ian Harte and gave him cramps.

Might just be that time of the month? Who knows. :confused:

firesign
01-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Fantastic 2nd half performance from Ireland. Duff in particular had a great game. Finan looked good, as did Reid when he came on :eek:

1st half Ireland started okay but after 20mins it was all Cameroon - lots of possesion, good movement and cracking goal.

Ireland were a different team in the 2nd half and totally dominated the game, creating several chances. Brilliant goal by Holland (will he still be at Ipswih next season?).

I fancy both Cameroon and Ireland to beat Saudi Arabia so it will probably come down to who nicks a point from Germany.

Overall a good game, and Ireland should be pleased to have held the African champions to a draw. I don't think that Roy Keane would have made a difference to the final result.

2can
01-06-2002, 03:18 PM
I think the reason why Clinton wasn't brought on was because Given had picked up an injury and MM didn't want to take a risk. I'm 99% sure he'll play in the next game though.

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 2can
I think the reason why Clinton wasn't brought on was because Given had picked up an injury and MM didn't want to take a risk. I'm 99% sure he'll play in the next game though.

I doubt it. They would have been more likely to have brought on Quinn instead. Clinton will get his chance against the Saudis when Ireland need around three more goals to qualify with twenty minutes left.

Celestial Empire
01-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Well, just finished watching the game in Pusan (Korean commentary is brill - ssshhhhhoooooootttttttttt! - very hot and humid out here but this has to be the most friendly country I have ever been too - I was bowed to 8 times just going in and out of the bar in the hotel!!

Atmos is great - met a Blades fan by random in the street and went out for beers last nite - seeing all 3 games in Pusan and Brazil v Turkey inbetween, bring it on!

Yep, Korean camera work and commentary beats the Japanese hands down (and Chinese commentary is pathetic).
I rate this game as the best of the first four, with Damien Duff the best player on show - you could see he was enjoying himself.

pete eagle
01-06-2002, 08:48 PM
i think Duff is far more effective down the left wing. Down the centre it is a bit more clogged up and he gets less time.

Anyway Big Quinny should start for us against Saudi Arabia. Since they have no idea how to mark on crosses then he would be perfect to get us a few goals.

Celestial Empire
01-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Duff played on the left and on the right in this game.

JohnA
02-06-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
gutted - we should of had that

Myself & my Old Man agree on that. If it wasn't for the (perfectly understandable) error by Breen - he won't make another like that again. We would have taken them

pete eagle
02-06-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by JohnA

Myself & my Old Man agree on that. If it wasn't for the (perfectly understandable) error by Breen - he won't make another like that again. We would have taken them

pardon? What error do you speak of?

NZsparky
02-06-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by hong_kong_hg

G'Day Simon! :)
Gidday Harvey! Hope your well mate and Pommie land is treating you well:p