PDA

View Full Version : Uruguay vs. Denmark


Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 02:11 PM
Anybody else watching ?

Cheering on Denmark myself. I like the people, like the booze & food and they voted against the Euro ( helped in no small part by my 20 donation to the 'No' campaign ) :)

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Arrggghhhhhh ! Should have scored then !

y2rich
01-06-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm part watching it, part playing FWC2002

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Yessssss ! 1-0 Denmark :)

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 02:47 PM
Must say Denmark are really impressive,lovely goal too:)

Dave
01-06-2002, 02:51 PM
shafts my bets :(

Silva wants to get his finger out - he was OK for the first 10 minutes then got pissed off because the ref wasn't giving him every decision.

What price Fonseca starts the second half? Or even that Man U goal machine Forlan?

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 02:53 PM
I think the rest of us should bet the opposite of what ever you do Dave. If I double up every time I could retire at the end of this month :)

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 02:53 PM
The diving from the South Americans is really p!ssing me off. I thought there was a clamp down on diving in the world cup,haven't seen one card yet for it in two and a half games yet I've seen plenty of dives.:veryangry

Dave
01-06-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
I think the rest of us should bet the opposite of what ever you do Dave. If I double up every time I could retire at the end of this month :)


Har Har

Skin Up
01-06-2002, 02:55 PM
That Jon Dahl Thomasson has always puzzled me, he's excellent at international level and has scored at most of his clubs. Yet during his brief spell at Newcastle he was one of the worst players i've seen in the Premiership.

Hope the Carlsberg boys win because it would make France v Uruguay on thursday a sudden death, losers are out sort of match which should be interesting.

hong_kong_hg
01-06-2002, 03:00 PM
Agree Denmark look smashing, should give France a run for their money. Uruguay looking pants I'm afraid Dave.

hong_kong_hg
01-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey looking up Dave... goal of the tournament thus far!

Ruskin Old Boy
01-06-2002, 03:05 PM
What a goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Peter Drury really doesn't like Uragayan defenders does he? Typical Uragayan defender this... caricature of a uragayan that...

They are the leeds of international football though, dirty bastards.

AND AS I TYPE WHAT A GOAL!!!!

Hope Denmark come back. Recoba's the best player on the pitch though.

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Damm :(


But a cracking goal

Dave
01-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Magnificent

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Where was the Uragayan marking??

How do you spell Uragayan??

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 03:43 PM
Tomasson's going to AC Milan:eek: Must have been his evil twin playing for Newcastle.

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Nice :)

AddiscombeEagle
01-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Anyone seen the classic simpsons episode.

Homer looking at a globe.

"Look at this country, it's called U R Gay"

:)

mike
01-06-2002, 03:47 PM
Where was the defence? Great second goal for Denmark.
Should make Uruguay v France interesting, Uruaguay may decide that Henry and co. can't run on one leg, prediction more reds than goals!

GUCCI Eagle
01-06-2002, 03:52 PM
They overcharge for beer and walk around their supermarkets naked don't you know.

Mat ov CPFC
01-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Excellent result for Denmark. That should see them through to the next round.

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Martin Jorgensen looks nifty, shame about the injuries.

I can't stand Dario Silva, such a whinging, diving, rolling around on the floor little bitch. I remember watching the U-r-gay game against the Aussies in Montevideo, and they just threw themselves to the floor.

:veryangry :veryangry

Also, David Pleat.. oooragay.. uh huh. Thanks David. Have ITV cornered the market in commentators who babble on about nothing much.. Ron Atkinson, Pleaty baby, even Keegan .. sometimes!

01-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Ron Atkinson,

Anyone watching ITV at the moment?? "reducers???" What the feck is he talking about?

Calder2
01-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by King Tubby
Tomasson's going to AC Milan:eek: Must have been his evil twin playing for Newcastle.

Yep heard about him moving there, his career will be over. Bad move. I mean look what happened to Javi Moreno. played well in UEFA cup final then moved to Milan then got completely rejected. (now moved to Athletico Madrid btw).

I mean i can't see the Milan forward line having Tomasson in it. hmmm do i picky Shevychenko or Joh Dahl, hmm. :-)

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered


Anyone watching ITV at the moment?? "reducers???" What the feck is he talking about?

He's a nob.

David Pleat is meant to be Spurs' Director of Football!!! Good to see he is doing his job, kerb crawling gimp.

Calder2
01-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
Martin Jorgensen looks nifty, shame about the injuries.

I can't stand Dario Silva, such a whinging, diving, rolling around on the floor little bitch. I remember watching the U-r-gay game against the Aussies in Montevideo, and they just threw themselves to the floor.

:veryangry :veryangry

Also, David Pleat.. oooragay.. uh huh. Thanks David. Have ITV cornered the market in commentators who babble on about nothing much.. Ron Atkinson, Pleaty baby, even Keegan .. sometimes!

David Pleat, sooooooooo annoying especially today. Come back when you can pronounce the names correctly you plank :hmph:

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Gazza - what a bloke, can't understand a word he says though :(

AddiscombeEagle
01-06-2002, 04:12 PM
A reducer according to Big Ron is where you get a hard tackle in on a talented player and it reduces his ability to play as well. You or me might call it a hack or an assault.

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Calder2


Yep heard about him moving there, his career will be over. Bad move. I mean look what happened to Javi Moreno. played well in UEFA cup final then moved to Milan then got completely rejected. (now moved to Athletico Madrid btw).

I mean i can't see the Milan forward line having Tomasson in it. hmmm do i picky Shevychenko or Joh Dahl, hmm. :-)

I don't understand why a player would want to go somewhere to be a squad player, he's a fool. Shame Ukraine isn't at the world cup. No Shevchenko:(

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
A reducer according to Big Ron is where you get a hard tackle in on a talented player and it reduces his ability to play as well. You or me might call it a hack or an assault. CANT STAND ITV FOOTBALL COVERAGE!!!:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

but then there's the Eurostar advert with Kylie :love:

Calder2
01-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Tubby, we could do a 'not going to the World Cup XI'. Giggs on the left of mid, Shevchenko and Hasselbaink upfront.

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Calder2


David Pleat, sooooooooo annoying especially today. Come back when you can pronounce the names correctly you plank :hmph:

It's like he's got a football encyclopedia infront of him and he just reads out what is said about every player!!

Big Ron said "Lirazazu" once, and "Larazizou" too.

"Jesper Gronkyay"... "Grankjur"... "Gronkpooface". Etc. From Pleaty.

Calder2
01-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Off to play CM me thinks. Just won the Euro 2004 tourney yay.

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Calder2
Tubby, we could do a 'not going to the World Cup XI'. Giggs on the left of mid, Shevchenko and Hasselbaink upfront.

Hasselbank is at the world cup!! doing commentary on itv :) I'll have Salas instead!

Slightly attacking formation, 3-4-1-2 (I couldn't think of many defenders)

Kolinko:)

Woodgate (honestly!) Stam Hreidarrson:D

Overmars Keane :eek: Davids Giggs (Giggs and Overmars swapping wings throughout the game)

Bergkamp

Salas Shevchenko

Bench:
Rubens
Freedman
Jansen
Aki
Popovic

My football knowledge had reached its limit by the time I got to the bench!

Would give any side at the world cup a run for their money I think.

Jaffa
01-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Group A is turning out to be really good... Personally, I had it down as France Uraguay Denmark Senegal funny then that its the complete opposite now.

I can see France going out.

01-06-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa


I can see France going out.

I know :) It would be a shame not to get to see Zidane play though.

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered


I know :) It would be a shame not to get to see Zidane play though. from me.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered


I know :) It would be a shame not to get to see Zidane play though. no,it would be brilliant:p

Strathclyde Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:53 PM
Just saw Uruguay's goal replayed on the TV. If they will be a better one in the tournament I can't wait to see it.

Celestial Empire
01-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Anyone else notice how poor the officials are ?
Most of them don't seem to be able to keep up with the game.
Presumably, after the groups it will get serious with serious officials.
Suppose it's just another Blatter vote scheme.

great dane
04-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Just saw Uruguay's goal replayed on the TV. If they will be a better one in the tournament I can't wait to see it.

Well, did you watch Japan-Belgium. The goal Wilmoets scored must be in the same category

ozeagle
04-06-2002, 04:23 PM
will go winless....it should be US in that group !!!!!!!
:angel:

El Aguila
04-06-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by King Tubby
CANT STAND ITV FOOTBALL COVERAGE!!!:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

but then there's the Eurostar advert with Kylie :love:
You can't see the World Cup in Spain AT ALL unless you have satellite TV, apart from the Spain matches. So stop complaining.

Daniel_Nash
05-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Just been scanning the football websites, and came across this on planetfootball.com

Stig Tofting's parents died when he was 13, and now a Danish Weekly magazine will publish exactly what happened to them.. think it'll be out tomorrow. Without Tofting's permission and it doesn't give him a chance to be telling his children (aged 8 and 12) in his own words.

Sometimes the Media go too far. This is certainly something to be left well alone. They should be ashamed of themselves. :veryangry