01-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Got to cheer on for the Fatherland. I have 100 riding on them :eek:

AddiscombeEagle
01-06-2002, 03:38 PM
100, makes my 20 look small fry.

Should be OK

hong_kong_hg
01-06-2002, 03:41 PM
No no no, you're all gonna lose your money. I've bet on the draw...

GUCCI Eagle
01-06-2002, 03:53 PM
What an absolutely spiffing start to the weekend, I ******* stink.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 04:01 PM
Come on Saudi's:)

Daniel_Nash
01-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Come on Saudi's too!

Have a look at the stadium, it's where ENGLAND play.. err.. err... hm. Arg... nah, i just can't say it. Naughty word.

OOCO
01-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Germany had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

GUCCI Eagle
01-06-2002, 04:52 PM
This is possibly the most eerie game I've ever watched. Can't the japs pipe in some canned cheering and a virtual mexican wave?

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by OOCO
Germany had a perfectly good goal disallowed. oops they just scored:grrr: :( :(

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 04:53 PM
Germany had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Gives you a warm feeling inside dunnit?:D

Oh well, they've scored now, they have looked comfortably the better side.

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
This is possibly the most eerie game I've ever watched. Can't the japs pipe in some canned cheering and a virtual mexican wave? Should merge this thread with the "have you seen a ghost" thread.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 04:58 PM
feck they scored again

saudis are pathetic:veryangry :clown:

PalaceFan in Alabama
01-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Men playing boys.

As I was saying 2-0, even the Palace could score against Saudi Arabia :hmph:

GUCCI Eagle
01-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Klose's celebrations are straight out of the 80s.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:01 PM
you know you have sh!te team when Jancker looks good against your defence:clown:

Dai the Swansea Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:05 PM
What is that on Ziege's head - looks straight out of Taxi Driver.

Calder2
01-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
you know you have sh!te team when Jancker looks good against your defence:clown:

Yes 0 goals a season Jancker is a threat :). I'm beginning to show signs of hatred to Klose already. Can't stand people who blatantly play for a country they aren't supposed to. Poland would not be a bad side with him in.

Germany's striker problems lol, i find it amusing that once retired from international football, Bierhoff has come back out of retirement to play again lol. Don't let a decent cross come to him tho, coz he'll head it in everytime.

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Dai the Swansea Eagle
What is that on Ziege's head - looks straight out of Taxi Driver. Thinks he's Beckham.

No Ziege, No you're not.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:13 PM
jesus

3-0:(

OOCO
3-0 :(

King Tubby
Ballack is a very good player:( poor Saudis.

Jaffa
01-06-2002, 05:16 PM
Miroslav Klose could be a good punt for Golden Boot. Good International scoring record.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Jancker scored:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dai the Swansea Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Bloody Duncan Goodhew

Skin Up
01-06-2002, 05:20 PM
Well I guess there are easy games in international football.

OOCO
01-06-2002, 05:22 PM
" A swashbuckling performance " - Craig Brown :eek:

Skin Up
01-06-2002, 05:22 PM
Why can't England have someone like Saudi in our group.

I wouldn't blame the Saudi players if they took up drinking tonight.

OOCO
01-06-2002, 05:24 PM
10-1 is the current highest score ever. Anyone think they might beat it?

Dai the Swansea Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:29 PM
10-1 is the current highest score ever. Anyone think they might beat it?

I was just thinking that. On current showing the only thing stopping Saudi Arabia letting in more than 10 is if the Germans ease off.

PalaceFan in Alabama
01-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Bored, I wished there was a Pub close by. I think I may slip back into bed and cuddle up to Mrs. PFIA, maybe I can score :D :p A little morning delight :eek:

King Tubby
01-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Enough of this watching Saudi Arabia play football really badly malarkey.

It's a beautiful day and I'm off to play football really badly myself.:)

New_Malden_Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:39 PM
This game is a farce. Why are Saudi in the world cup, Accrington Stanley probably would be a sterner test for Germany. And why is the game being played in a library? Are people trying to sleep or something?

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Germany had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

It wasn't a good goal, it was a blatent foul on the defender by Jancker.

New_Malden_Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Boris

It wasn't a good goal, it was a blatent foul on the defender by Jancker.
Was it bollocks. No Saudi player has got close enough to a German to be fouled.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:42 PM

It wasn't a good goal, it was a blatent foul on the defender by Jancker. it was not a foul,he scooped the ball around the defenders legs,it pains me to say it but it was a perfectly good goal.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by New_Malden_Eagle
And why is the game being played in a library? Are people trying to sleep or something? LMAO:D

GUCCI Eagle
01-06-2002, 05:47 PM
The commentator sounds like he's drifting into a deep sleep.

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 05:48 PM
It was a foul.

Jancker shoots and ends up on the floor.
Defender falls over Jancker's legs.
Goalie makes save.
Ball hits defenders legs and runs towards the goal
Jancker gets up
Defender unable to get up as Jancker was lying on top of him.

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
The commentator sounds like he's drifting into a deep sleep. manage to get out of the toilet to watch a few minutes Gucci?;)

what commentators do you have ? we have Trevor Steven and some other boring bloke:rolleyes:

Celestial Empire
01-06-2002, 05:49 PM
This game is a farce. Why are Saudi in the world cup, Accrington Stanley probably would be a sterner test for Germany. And why is the game being played in a library? Are people trying to sleep or something?

A lot of people will be asking that - it's all to do with votes innit ?
Teams like the Dutch won't see the funny side of it though.

Wait for it, after this match, Germany will be installed as World Cup favourites (I can just hear Keegan and Ray Wilkins going on about how "sooper" and "astonishing" they are .....)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:moo:

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 05:49 PM
And why is the game being played in a library? Are people trying to sleep or something?

Don't England have to play here at one stage?

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:50 PM

Don't England have to play here at one stage? yep against the Argies

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
yep against the Argies

woopeedoo. :rolleyes:

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 05:59 PM

woopeedoo. :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

OOCO
01-06-2002, 06:03 PM
6-0 :sob:

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Linke has made it six

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Seven. Not even Sweden will score that many tomorrow. ;)

Jaffa
01-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Boris you little turd burglar, it wasnt a foul by Jancker - it was a very good goal disallowed.

Unlike many on here, I happen to think Jancker is a good player - he is always a threat for the opposition and the BBC showed some of his play at half time which was particularly impressive. I wish Palace had him.

Germany may not win the tournament, but they do look pretty good. Admittedly, KSA arent a great opponent, but it is still a good effort to score 6 against someone.

ozzieEagle
01-06-2002, 06:21 PM
jeezus, this result is really upsetting for us aussies,

Who let that frigging crap in the world cup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope ireland smash the krauts !

Munchkin
01-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Boris you little turd burglar

Can you not make a point without bringing homophobia into it?

:rolleyes:

You know what they say

sydney eagle
01-06-2002, 06:23 PM
8-0:eek: :eek: :eek:

PalaceFan in Alabama
01-06-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
Wait for it, after this match, Germany will be installed as World Cup favourites (I can just hear Keegan and Ray Wilkins going on about how "sooper" and "astonishing" they are .....)

Smyth has already said "Germany are back, they have put that lucky win by England behind them and are now back where they belong" :clown:

Answer me one question, "why is it that players in this world cup cannot cross a ball, makes any player who can look World class :rolleyes: The Germans actually scored from a corner against a bunch of light weight midgets.

Toe poke from about 25 yards out 7-0 and Holland sit at home!

Would you believe that Smyth thinks (now that is surprise) that SA is the weakest team in the World Cup. When are they going to do something about these weak teams playing and the likes of Holland not?

SA are getting muscled off of the ball and they are far too slow. Smyth believes that SA will be another Cameroon by the next World Cup???

Now 8-0, "Germany are well and truely back where they belong", what bollocks :veryangry

ozzieEagle
01-06-2002, 06:24 PM
8-0 and the krauts still mite not qualify hehehehe !!!!!!!!!!

ozzieEagle
01-06-2002, 06:25 PM
jeezus, i want ireland to be erm more (well almost more) than i want england to beat sweden !!

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Boris you little turd burglar, it wasnt a foul by Jancker - it was a very good goal disallowed.

Unlike many on here, I happen to think Jancker is a good player - he is always a threat for the opposition and the BBC showed some of his play at half time which was particularly impressive. I wish Palace had him.

Germany may not win the tournament, but they do look pretty good. Admittedly, KSA arent a great opponent, but it is still a good effort to score 6 against someone.

Jaffa you turdmuffin it was a foul. He prevented the Saudi Arabian player being able to get up and clear the ball. I think the a qualified referee ten meteres away is in a better position to judge it than you. Plus, if some Stockport striker had been in an identical situation in the 93rd minute thirteen months back you would have been saying that it was a foul.

Boris the charltonhater
01-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Munchkin
Boris you little turd burglar

Can you not make a point without bringing homophobia into it?

:rolleyes:

You know what they say

Where did I use any form of homophobia, buttnunch?

OOCO
01-06-2002, 06:37 PM

Where did I use any form of homophobia, buttnunch?

I think he was trying to quote jaffa

Munchkin
01-06-2002, 06:44 PM
She was OOCO

It shows the intelligence of some on the BBS :eek:

OOCO
01-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Munchkin
She was OOCO

Sorry! :cool:

AJ
01-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama

Smyth has already said "Germany are back, they have put that lucky win by England behind them and are now back where they belong" :clown:

Answer me one question, "why is it that players in this world cup cannot cross a ball, makes any player who can look World class :rolleyes: The Germans actually scored from a corner against a bunch of light weight midgets.

Toe poke from about 25 yards out 7-0 and Holland sit at home!

Would you believe that Smyth thinks (now that is surprise) that SA is the weakest team in the World Cup. When are they going to do something about these weak teams playing and the likes of Holland not?

SA are getting muscled off of the ball and they are far too slow. Smyth believes that SA will be another Cameroon by the next World Cup???

Now 8-0, "Germany are well and truely back where they belong", what bollocks :veryangry

I happened to switch between ESPN and Univision during both live games this morning and noticed that ESPN is running about 10-15 seconds behind Univision. I guess their games are not really "live" then.
Did you notice that the England game is not to be shown "live" tomorrow on ESPN, only a taped version some 10 hours later.
Thank godness it's on Univsion. I only wish my Spanish was up to scratch
:grrr: :grrr:

Jaffa
01-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Sorry, must apologise to Munchkin the moral minority. Actually no, get a clue why dont you? You come on here bleating about loads of things Im a christian this Im a christian that... bloody hell... I dont actually think Boris is a "turd burglar" in the traditional sense, its just a term of endearment.

Boris, no way was it a foul, yes I, along with people like Alan Hansen, Gary Lineker and Peter Reid thought it was a perfectly good goal. Jancker got his foot to the ball fantastically and got up exceedingly quickly to tap it in.

Im not expecting much sense from you though as you dont even understand the Brighton issue. Some people, I suppose, are born with blinkers.

pete eagle
01-06-2002, 08:41 PM
i was sleeping through that game, it got so boring that i just drifted off. 8-0 but the most boring game ever.

BTW - it should have been 9-0. They showed the replay on MOTD, Jancker got the ball cleanly, the defender fell over his legs but that nearly always happens in any sliding tackle. My first thought was that it was a foul but the replay clearly showed that Jancker got there first.

But the Saudi's were awful and it doesn't bode well for the Irish because i can't see them scoring 7 or 8 and if it comes down to goal difference then it is worrying for them

Jimbo ?
01-06-2002, 08:45 PM
should have been 9????

could have been 11 or 12
crazy game!!

skeletor_80
01-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle

But the Saudi's were awful and it doesn't bode well for the Irish because i can't see them scoring 7 or 8 and if it comes down to goal difference then it is worrying for them

With a bit of luck they wont need goal difference - lets hope the big win goes to the Germans heads. The Irish are capable of beating the Germans if they put in a performance like they did in the second half against Cameroon. Ireland have got an abundance of pace upfront and the Germans aren't at all comfortable with that(as England and even Wales proved).

Celestial Empire
01-06-2002, 09:07 PM
What would happen if the (shamed) Saudis bunked off home tomorrow ?

Ruskin Old Boy
01-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Saudi players - off with their hands :veryangry

What?
01-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Weather it was a goal or not is irrelevant, i think they more than made up for it.

Quinny will destroy SA! Clint might even get a game and a goal!

pete eagle
01-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Saudi players - off with their hands :veryangry

don't you mean feet:D

Twyford Bee
02-06-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ozzieEagle
jeezus, this result is really upsetting for us aussies,

Who let that frigging crap in the world cup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uruguay didn't look much good today, should have beaten them when they had the chance.

pete eagle
02-06-2002, 12:08 AM
they must not be allowed to tackle in the Saudi Arabian league because they didn't do it today

Ruskin Old Boy
02-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle

don't you mean feet:D

do they have any???;)

Steve in Phoenix
02-06-2002, 12:49 AM
I didnt watch much but the Saudis still managed to create a couple of chances I saw that they should have scored from which doesnt reflect well on the German defense. A simple cross and it would have been in but both times they went for glory instead. I thought they were like rabbits in headlights today.. it may not be so easy for Ireland and Cameroon later.

Daniel_Nash
02-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Did Saudi turn up today? Looked like Germany where playing against cardboard cut outs!!

Sad to see them score 8! they will be going on about being world beaters next. :rolleyes:

Daniel_Nash
02-06-2002, 05:29 AM
HAHAHA!!!

"I don't think anyone should underestimate the Saudi's, we don't know much about them!"

HAHA!!! David Pleat, ITV, loser.

Least i think it is Pleat, not sure now.. whoever is on ITV right NOW commentating.

ruediger
02-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by hong_kong_hg
Sorry Ruediger... Get in there the Saudis... :o

I'm not supporting Germany anyway. Fancy Enland.
Btw I did not even watch the game on telly.