PDA

View Full Version : Argentina v Nigeria

Skin Up
02-06-2002, 04:50 AM
After the shock result due to me starting the France v Senegal thread i've come to the egotastical conclusion that i'm a good omen for the underdogs in this world cup.

Well I guess a draw would be the best result for us.

Wouldn't mind seeing a few Aghahowa somersaults though.

Will the world cup face a Veron backlash after his poor season for the Mancs?

To be honest I think the Argies are well overated Samuel seems to be the only lad in form and we could be due another shock.

Will any BBSers get up in time? I'm gonna make it a mission to make the opening whistle.

See ya all at 6:30am on a bloodly Sunday:eek:

Random*
02-06-2002, 05:03 AM
Kick off in 5 and a half hours? I'll be there. :D

Dave
02-06-2002, 10:28 AM
After the shock result due to me starting the France v Senegal thread i've come to the egotastical conclusion that i'm a good omen for the underdogs in this world cup

err maybe

This ones going to be a cacker :)

Daniel_Nash
02-06-2002, 10:32 AM
Up nice and early!

Come on Nigeria! i think... dunno, will a draw or a win for Nigeria be better for England?

Nice stadium too!

hong_kong_hg
02-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell
This ones going to be a cacker :)

Do you mean "cacker" or "cracker"? :o :eek:

I've plumped for 10 on the Argies, hope I've not peed away yet more of my betting budget.... early stages looks a good attacking game though..!

Dai the Swansea Eagle
02-06-2002, 10:41 AM
Motty's struggling with the Nigerian numbers. There are a lot of pauses - he can't identify the players.

hong_kong_hg
02-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Jeez, my early impression is that England will get tanked out of site by both these teams.

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 10:47 AM
nah don't think so...

What have they done really except run around a lot so far and then fall over alot ?

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 10:55 AM
To me NGA look poor and all over the place ,the Argies look disjointed and need to slow the game down a bit,what a fast pace these few games have been !

hong_kong_hg
02-06-2002, 11:00 AM
"poor all over the place"!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Blimey Butler are you watching Niger instead of Nigeria? Personally I'd describe that valuable (and quintessentually non-English) ability to pass the ball to a collegue with regularity under pressure - and to defend excellently against the best team in the world pretty impressive.

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 11:01 AM
What a great save by the NGA goalkeeper !

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 11:03 AM
Again we must be watching diferent games......

Now the other goalkeeper makes a great save now it's getting better

hong_kong_hg
02-06-2002, 11:04 AM
What a great save by the Argentine goalkeeper :o

congress
02-06-2002, 11:04 AM
Morning all, I wish John Motson would shut his trap.His anorak stats are not interesting plus it is the Brittas s****** that is annoying when he thinks he says something funny.

The game is nothing special so far really and you think Veron costing what he did would be able to kick the ball off the ground at set pieces.

hong_kong_hg
02-06-2002, 11:06 AM
I can only assume you're watching on your 3.5 inch black and white tele Les... :D

CK
02-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Morning lads...just back from seeing the wife and Mrs outlaw off for a weeks holiday. Now to settle down and enjoy:p

First impression is this novel idea of passing the ball to people in the same coloured shirt. :rolleyes:

Excitements giving way to nerves:eek:

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by hong_kong_hg
I can only assume you're watching on your 3.5 inch black and white tele Les... :D

3.5 ? yeah but it's colour.....;)

hong_kong_hg
02-06-2002, 11:11 AM
LOL Les.

0-0 would be the best possible result for England. No goals and the least number of points won (2 rather than 3).

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 11:12 AM
That's it for me it's 2.10 in the morning here,got to get up for the England game at 5.30 am then go to work stright after then play a football game myself this afternoon...Long day.

sydney eagle
02-06-2002, 11:14 AM
I don't think much of either team in this game....a few bits of individual brilliance but thats about it.

Watch Ortega,anytime anyone gets withing a foot of him he hits the ground,fecking long haired poof:moo:

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle

Watch Ortega,anytime anyone gets withing a foot of him he hits the ground,fecking long haired poof:moo:

LOL :)

Les Butler
02-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Thats it night night all............

sydney eagle
02-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Nice sig Les;)

Dave
02-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Half time - no goals :(

Daniel_Nash
02-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle

:veryangry :veryangry Part of the game that pisses me right off, i don't see the point of it at all. Hope refs aren't conned like last time.

Nigeria's defence looks dodgy, Batistuta almost looks a spent force definately on his way out, Argentina seem to need a lot of space in the midfield to create things, they can't do their passes in small spaces.

I don't think, from what we have seen so far, that England will get tanked by either of these. Might even be on a par with Argentina so far, but this is just my impression of England.. they haven't actually played yet!

Dave
02-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Bat i goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal !!

johanncryuff
02-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash

Batistuta almost looks a spent force definately on his way out,

Oops!!;)

Dave
02-06-2002, 12:23 PM
They looked good at the end - good game

Daniel_Nash
02-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by johanncryuff

Oops!!;)

Typical eh?

But what i meant was his pace and shooting, his eye for a shot and stuff... not his headers from 1 yard out ;)! heh.

Don't think England should fear the Argies, especially not with Beckham's warrior message! Featured as the front page headline on the News of the World... guess that threat of nuclear war isn't that important anymore.

Skin Up
02-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Caught the second half, Argentina look good but not invinceable they were often a bit too casual in defence and Nigeria should have created more chances.

Dave
02-06-2002, 02:01 PM
But what i meant was his pace and shooting, his eye for a shot and stuff... not his headers from 1 yard out ! heh.

It was a great header - what ya talking about man?

Celestial Empire
02-06-2002, 05:15 PM
Batistuta looked good and led the line well. He's brave, honest and stays on his feet. The Argies game fell away when Crespo replaced Batistuta.
On the other hand, virtually every tackle Simeone put in was a foul, a lot of them deliberately vicious..... seems those refs (from Honduras ? Thailand ? Sudan ?) haven't been warned about this gent :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nigerian goalie didn't put a foot wrong. Argie tactics seemed to be to not let the Nigerians settle - they did it for the full 90 mins, and it worked. At the end, the Nigerians looked totally gutted.

Jimbo ?
02-06-2002, 06:25 PM
how ever old he is - batistuta is still a great great player - i think he is 1 of the greatest of all time - 1 to watch when we play!!

i was hoping we could get a draw from this match but never mind - we can still win the group