PDA

View Full Version : Amir Karic in world cup!!!

cpfc_connection
02-06-2002, 06:15 PM
sorry if someone else has spotted this and posted it but when i was watching spain vs slovenia.....the left back for slovenia looked vaguely familiar and his name is KARIC!!! i didnt catch his first name so i am not 100% certain it was....but if anyone can confirm this i would appreciate it. many thanks
:eek:

Trolley
02-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_connection
sorry if someone else has spotted this and posted it but when i was watching spain vs slovenia.....the left back for slovenia looked vaguely familiar and his name is KARIC!!! i didnt catch his first name so i am not 100% certain it was....but if anyone can confirm this i would appreciate it. many thanks
:eek:

According to the newspapers, The gentleman in question is a certain "Amir Karic" who now plies his trade at Maribor , a team that play in the Slovenian League.

the_next_matt_jansen
02-06-2002, 06:56 PM
I noticed that too. And worst of all, Clive Tylsley seemed to be hyping him up as some new talent. Did he not do his homework??

Trolley
02-06-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by the_next_matt_jansen
I noticed that too. And worst of all, Clive Tylsley seemed to be hyping him up as some new talent. Did he not do his homework??

Mr Karic might be new to the Slovenian side but based on performances at our club, use of the word "Talent" might be a tad over complimentary !

That said, the chappie might have renewed vigour and vim following his move back to his home country and perhaps he is performing with far greater aplomb than he was in England.

the_next_matt_jansen
02-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Trolley

Mr Karic might be new to the Slovenian side but based on performances at our club, use of the word "Talent" might be a tad over complimentary !

That said, the chappie might have renewed vigour and vim following his move back to his home country and perhaps he is performing with far greater aplomb than he was in England.
Yeah, but hes still crap, innit!

q p

Trolley
02-06-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by the_next_matt_jansen

Yeah, but hes still crap, innit!

q p

I have to admit that I did NOT witness the game so I cannot comment on the performance of Mr Karic.

Riccardo
02-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Trolley

I have to admit that I did NOT witness the game so I cannot comment on the performance of Mr Karic.

He was the worst player I've ever seen.

Jaffa
02-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Foreign player with poor grip of the language into struggling team does not happiness make.

Amir Karic is a decent player who may well shine on the World Stage.

pete eagle
03-06-2002, 12:24 AM
shine is far too strong a word:o . He'll do ok but the slovenian side is unlikely to make it past the group stage

trufan
03-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Bit odd seeing old Orson again. I was under the impression he'd quit football after failing to make the grade at Selhurst. :D

Beanie
03-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Whilst Mr Karic couldn't get into the Ipswich side, and was indeed awful for Palace, we should remember that he made a major impact on Euro 2000 and was seen a great signing for Ipswich. Guess he just doesn't travel well!

Neckinger Eagle
05-06-2002, 02:55 AM
I think he may still be an Ipswich (reserve) player. "World Football" magazine says he's only on loan at Maribor (where Ipswich got him from), and only played 7 games this season.

We have to remember that Smith was the manager at the time. It might have been different if he was playing under Bruce (not Francis though).

By the way, if we need a right back we should buy that Paraguayan, Cheeky Arce!

Steve in Phoenix
05-06-2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Foreign player with poor grip of the language into struggling team does not happiness make.

Amir Karic is a decent player who may well shine on the World Stage.

Wasnt he also coming back from injury as well? I think there's a curse on left-backs here. Deano couldnt do anything right and Amsalem, Karic were the worst players ever.. Hermann was sold for peanuts and has since garnered multimillion transfers..

g23
05-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Whilst Mr Karic couldn't get into the Ipswich side, and was indeed awful for Palace, we should remember that he made a major impact on Euro 2000 and was seen a great signing for Ipswich. Guess he just doesn't travel well!

True. He was very good indeed at Euro 2000. I didn't think he disgraced himself the other day, either, though he has slowed and grown a fair bit in two years!

Sir.S.C Remembered
06-06-2002, 01:11 AM
It is the Amir we had and he played very well in Euro 2000 as did the whole Slovenian team. He is a good player with an amazing left foot, speed etc who does not suit the English league and raises his game when playing on the international stage considerably like all his countrymen and Irish players!

He looked very good in warm ups for Palace then we kicked off! He's one of those good players who only likes playing in his country but a missed talent indeed

lightweight
06-06-2002, 10:17 AM
I did wonder when I saw his name - but couldn't remember wether it was him or not.

Glad someone else pointed it out!!

King Tubby
08-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Only saw the last ten minutes of the Slovenia South Africa game, and he made a fantastic last ditch tackle and had a superb shot whistle just over the bar. Whats going on there then???

Jolly Norwegian
13-06-2002, 05:51 PM
For some reason Eastern Europeans doesn't seem to do very well in English football.