PDA

View Full Version : Excellent blags to get off work Friday - emergency circumcision

03-06-2002, 12:00 AM
Got this from The Grauniad on Saturday - an unbeatable sickie excuse to blag off work and watch the Argie game on Friday. Say to your boss you've had to have an emergency circumcision - he's hardly likely to want to check it out and see if you're telling the truth. Sadly though you have to be a boy to use this one as far as I know.:p

Mat ov CPFC
03-06-2002, 12:02 AM
The people I feel sorry for are the ones that are genuinely ill, or have some family emergancy, on Friday. Nobody will believe anything.

But I have a Television in my office in Kennington and if anybody wants to come along then just ask :)

03-06-2002, 12:03 AM
Matt, exactly what is the capacity of your office?

David Murray
03-06-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by beestey
Matt, exactly what is the capacity of your office?

About 49 pints on a good day :cool:

Geezer
03-06-2002, 02:56 AM
I miss the argie game!!!!!!!:sob:

I got a job interview

Jaffa
03-06-2002, 03:03 AM
I wouldnt bother going, you wont get it.

Mange tout.

Geezer
03-06-2002, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the encouragement:rolleyes:

Geezer
03-06-2002, 03:43 AM
It costs nothing to be nice, you clearly feel i have offended you in some way, please explain.

What?
03-06-2002, 03:46 AM
Dont worry about it, some of us are on study leave/half term!!

Jaffa
03-06-2002, 04:26 AM
I think I was a little annoyed by your posting, in one night, on every bloody thread "GO IN GER LAND"

So, hope you suck in your interview.

Although that got xxxxxx xxxxxxxx the job......

Whats the interview for anyway? Traffic Warden?

mike
03-06-2002, 04:49 AM
How about, "my girlfriends cat has just died and she's at work already, I couldn't possibly let her come home and face it alone, P.S. I should be able to get to work by about 3.00 p.m., hope you understand"

Daniel_Nash
03-06-2002, 05:31 AM
Why not be honest... "look, England are playing Argentina, it's the World Cup... it happens every 4 yrs. I will make up the day next week."

Would that work?

mike
03-06-2002, 05:49 AM
You obviously don't now my gaffer, secondly if all us posties took the day off, you'd soon moan when you don't get your credit card applications!

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
03-06-2002, 07:24 AM
I can't understand all this 'Millions will be lost due to sickies blah blah' - not many will be stupid enough to try it, and as Mat ov correctly says (spit ;)) the people who are genuinely ill will feel soooooo stupid. I would rather go into work carrying an arm that had been ripped off in a hay bailer than go sick on Friday. It wouldn't be my arm mind you, and I would get funny looks in the office, besides I've booked it off anyway. I could always fall ill on a later (innocuous) date to recoup a days hols if I was so inclined.

03-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
I can't understand all this 'Millions will be lost due to sickies blah blah' - not many will be stupid enough to try it, and as Mat ov correctly says (spit ;)) the people who are genuinely ill will feel soooooo stupid. I would rather go into work carrying an arm that had been ripped off in a hay bailer than go sick on Friday. It wouldn't be my arm mind you, and I would get funny looks in the office, besides I've booked it off anyway. I could always fall ill on a later (innocuous) date to recoup a days hols if I was so inclined.
Okay, we got one reasonably good excuse out of you lot so far - the girlfriend's cat's ill/dead/dying scenario. Perhaps following on from Mat ov's (spit:) sympathetic vote for genuinely ill people this Friday, can I be the first to extend my sympathies to those of you out there who are REALLY going to be circumcised this Friday. I suggest you ask the surgeon (or rabbi) to keep it for you to show to your boss as clearly no-one will otherwise believe you. Mind you, I for one wouldn't know what a piece of dead removed foreskin actually looked like so you could try to get something vaguely similar from a butcher's shop.

Geezer
03-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
I think I was a little annoyed by your posting, in one night, on every bloody thread "GO IN GER LAND"

So, hope you suck in your interview.

Although that got xxxxxx xxxxxxxx the job......

Whats the interview for anyway? Traffic Warden?

Field techninian for BT.

pubmonkey
04-06-2002, 12:01 AM
I won't need to come up with an excuse. I quit my job effective My 31st, and I won't be working again until after the final. THere was no way that my boss was going to understand me taking time off to watch "soccer" over here. So instead of getting in tons of trouble for being late every day and not showing up on others, I thought I'd simply quit.

Geezer
04-06-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by pubmonkey
I won't need to come up with an excuse. I quit my job effective My 31st, and I won't be working again until after the final. THere was no way that my boss was going to understand me taking time off to watch "soccer" over here. So instead of getting in tons of trouble for being late every day and not showing up on others, I thought I'd simply quit.

Why do they call it soccer and nick the proper name football to give to thier sh1tty sport, a poofs rugby, where the ball hardly touches your feet. They make me so angry:grrr: :veryangry

04-06-2002, 12:29 AM
and they have to have about 500 referees for the one game, and then they don't even call them refs, they call them umpires, which is not for football anyway, it's for our girly boys game of cricket where you have to hit the ball with a bat. Boy, does all that make me angry:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry