PDA

View Full Version : Danny Butterfield (suggestion)

Pages : [1] 2

Basingstoke Eagle
20-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Reliably informed tonight that despite having a few chats with other clubs Danny intends to stay at Palace.

cpfcfan1
20-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Hatrick hero Danny :lux:

TheCharmer
20-06-2010, 08:17 PM
i hope clyne gets a decent run

Halfwayline
20-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Good news. Danny can play left back, right back, holding mid, right mid. Even with Clyne given more of a chance he will play make 35+ appearances.

Shipp Ahoy!
20-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Great player for us, certainly deserves a new contract.

Don't think we could get a better back up for Clyne this year, especially as he is so versatile and offers a lot anyway :)

GodstoneEagle
20-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Good news. Danny can play left back, right back, holding mid, right mid. Even with Clyne given more of a chance he will play make 35+ appearances.
^

joshuah
20-06-2010, 08:32 PM
You missed his hatrick

andy burton
20-06-2010, 08:39 PM
New club captain if Derry goes??

chatham_eagle
20-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Fully deserves his testemonial.

BulletEagle
20-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Is he getting a testimonial? He deserves one. Maybe against Grimbsy/his favourite club

gold76
20-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Been here for 8 years, I'd love to see him offered a new 2 year deal, to take him up to his testimonial.

Apart from the legendary hattrick, he played real well when filling in at centre back & in midfield over the years, a true club man, long may he remain.

GodstoneEagle
20-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Is he getting a testimonial? He deserves one. Maybe against Grimbsy/his favourite club
maybe against Wolves ;)

newbureagle
20-06-2010, 09:01 PM
My favourite player! Good news, hope he makes it to a testimonial too, has stuck around for the crazy journey of the past few years despite at times being out of favour. Top man.

Plus he helped to relegate Charlton.

Plus he won me £40 on a first player to score bet once.

BulletEagle
20-06-2010, 09:03 PM
My favourite player! Good news, hope he makes it to a testimonial too, has stuck around for the crazy journey of the past few years despite at times being out of favour. Top man.

Plus he helped to relegate Charlton.

Plus he won me £40 on a first player to score bet once.

He probably could have won you a house on a first second choice right back to score a 6 minute perfect hat-trick against Premier League opposition bet

samtheeagle
20-06-2010, 09:08 PM
He won me £2500 on that hatrick. I have the newspaper snippet framed on my wall.
Always a hero in my eyes. Sign him back up..

unsensibleLiam
20-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Also heard this a few weeks ago from a family member, also said the team spirit was fantastic last season and a few other things which I have since forgotten, nothing major though.

webbo1990
20-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Great news, he's been a top class servant. One of TF's best signings.

Anyone think we should try Buts @ RB with Clyne @ right midfield? They might get a good partnership going down that right.

glaziers fan
20-06-2010, 11:22 PM
if he's staying dez must be staying too.

Kirby
20-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Been here for 8 years

Webb
20-06-2010, 11:40 PM

Eight - signed in the summer of 2002.

hoskingt
20-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Danny Butts :love:

Kirby
21-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Eight - signed in the summer of 2002.

I swear we signed him in the summer of 2001, as I remember reading it in an internet cafe in Faliraki!!

Edit: Signed 5th July 2002.

My apologies!

All_Fired_Up
21-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Like wise, Butts will be here for a good couple of years more.

silver
21-06-2010, 08:51 AM
nice one

MasterYoda
21-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm fairly certain I saw what might have been his debut in a friendly at the Vetch

beef
21-06-2010, 10:23 AM
What a bargain he's turned out to be. Must be 8/9 years now?

Edit - should really read a thread before posting

AddiscombeCPFC
21-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Great news, he's been a top class servant. One of TF's best signings.

Anyone think we should try Buts @ RB with Clyne @ right midfield? They might get a good partnership going down that right.
I actually think right back is one of his weaker positions. Too often butts has been the weak link that oppositon attackers have exploited. I'm pleased he's staying as he's versatile and a decent player to have in the squad, but i'd rather see him in a midfield or wing back role. Don't think defending is his strong point.

kolinkins
21-06-2010, 10:36 AM
I can see him being a holding player for us under Burley. Think he'll do well there too.

CPFC_DAVE77
21-06-2010, 10:40 AM
My ageing slightly senile Granddad will be pleased; Danny Butterworth is one of his favourite players!

GreatGonzo
21-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Replace Derry in the centre of the park?

Webb
21-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I swear we signed him in the summer of 2001, as I remember reading it in an internet cafe in Faliraki!!

My apologies!

It's not often I get to prove you wrong, so I'm making the most of it.

orp pisshead1
21-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I can see him being a holding player for us under Burley. Think he'll do well there too.
Agree with you and addiscombe eagle midfield(defencieve)is only place for him now as his legs(due to injurys) have gone.

CarnageReeper
21-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh Danny Danny :lux: :lux:

Jim Cannon
21-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Good news. Danny can play left back, right back, holding mid, right mid.
and Striker of course

adrenalin john
21-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Kolinks makes an interesting point.

Butterfield sitting and covering in front a back 4 could work and would allow our fullbacks to bomb on. I think he would be less wasteful of possession than Derry if not as frightening and combative.

hong_kong_hg
21-06-2010, 01:54 PM
He won me £2500 on that hatrick. I have the newspaper snippet framed on my wall.
Always a hero in my eyes. Sign him back up..
Christ what bet did you have on? :eek:

Owngoal
21-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Versatile, gives his all for Palace, great character to have around. Clyne can cover either FB position (Hills injury) so essential to keep both of them. Still need one other to cover at the full back and centre half positions (Lawrence hopefully is gone as he is too old now) and Derry/Hill sound as if they are off.

McCarthy for captain

doodledandy
21-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Kolinks makes an interesting point.

Butterfield sitting and covering in front a back 4 could work and would allow our fullbacks to bomb on. I think he would be less wasteful of possession than Derry if not as frightening and combative.

Why not leave the team selection and tactics to George Burley. He will decide who stays and who goes, not us and he will do it with the best interest of the club in mind.

If Butts (or any other out-of-contract player) is re-signed, it will be for a very good footballing reason, rather than being based on sentiment and nostalgia.

PalaceFan in Alabama
21-06-2010, 03:22 PM
If Butts (or any other out-of-contract player) is re-signed, it will be for a very good footballing reason, rather than being based on sentiment and nostalgia.

A little too much of both on this thread

Boyandy
21-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Why not leave the team selection and tactics to George Burley. He will decide who stays and who goes, not us and he will do it with the best interest of the club in mind.

Because this is a forum and they tend to thrive by having a mixture of contributors and opinions?

There's also a transfer forum but no-one's suggesting that the powers that be are using that instead of employing scouts.

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
21-06-2010, 08:17 PM

We'ree the fans at the club and are entitled to our own opinions and to whom we do and dont want!!

Seaside Eagle
21-06-2010, 09:11 PM
We'ree the fans at the club and are entitled to our own opinions and to whom we do and dont want!!

Yes. But they aren't often listened to. Also; most of the time, they aren't worth listening to.

People on here don't half spout some shit fairly regularly; and if people like myself picked the team week in, week out, we'd be at the bottom of the league very quickly next season! :hi:

pauldrulez
21-06-2010, 09:24 PM
if he's staying dez must be staying too.
Why, are they joined at the arm or something?

cpfc_tommy12
21-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Reliably informed tonight that despite having a few chats with other clubs Danny intends to stay at Palace.

Reliable source = Aaron talking to roxy? :D

She said he was debating a move to Leeds at one point but now I don't think that's going through since they've just signed a right back.

adrenalin john
22-06-2010, 08:48 AM

You are an utter muppet. Can you really not tell the difference between an an internet forum and real life.

I might have a substantial ego but not even I would beleive remotely - even for a millisecond - that George Burley before making a decision about his team line up some stage in August will refer back to this thread and go: 'mmh, I was going to go with x system of play and y playing in midfield but now I have read adrenalin john's post in which he agrees with Kolinkins I simply have to change tatics formation and personel to ensure Danny B plays holding midfielder.'

Are you going to go round ever pub pre-match and interrupt every conversation regarding signings line ups and players, will you apply for a phone tap order in case Palace fans discuss such contentious issues by phone.

This is a discussion thread, a place where we can discuss issues in this case about the re-signing or not of Danny B and what use he will be to the team.

Do you never discuss politics and always say let the government decide?

In conclusion, perhaps as someone who beleives expressing an opinion on a internet discussion forum is wrong, you should leave the BBS and practise harder on remaining mute. I am sure those close to you would appreciate hearing less.....

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
22-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes. But they aren't often listened to. Also; most of the time, they aren't worth listening to.

People on here don't half spout some shit fairly regularly; and if people like myself picked the team week in, week out, we'd be at the bottom of the league very quickly next season! :hi:

Our opinions aren't worth jack shit if im honest but we are allowed to speculate yes?

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
22-06-2010, 05:16 PM
You are an utter muppet. Can you really not tell the difference between an an internet forum and real life.

I might have a substantial ego but not even I would beleive remotely - even for a millisecond - that George Burley before making a decision about his team line up some stage in August will refer back to this thread and go: 'mmh, I was going to go with x system of play and y playing in midfield but now I have read adrenalin john's post in which he agrees with Kolinkins I simply have to change tatics formation and personel to ensure Danny B plays holding midfielder.'

Are you going to go round ever pub pre-match and interrupt every conversation regarding signings line ups and players, will you apply for a phone tap order in case Palace fans discuss such contentious issues by phone.

This is a discussion thread, a place where we can discuss issues in this case about the re-signing or not of Danny B and what use he will be to the team.

In conclusion, perhaps as someone who beleives expressing an opinion on a internet discussion forum is wrong, you should leave the BBS and practise harder on remaining mute. I am sure those close to you would appreciate hearing less.....

WELL ******* SAID!!!

sw16girl
22-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Our opinions aren't worth jack shit if im honest but we are allowed to speculate yes?

course we are - its a virtual pub innit?

Psychokiller
22-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder if this latest HOL rejected troll is going to last any longer than zoom ( :sob: ) did?

cpfcfan1
24-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell is ready to snap up right-back Danny Butterfield in his second swoop on Crystal Palace.

Butterfield is a free agent after failing to agree terms with the new regime at Selhurst Park and has been offered a lucrative deal by the Blades.

Blackwell has already landed Austrian Johnny Ertl from Palace and hopes that Butterfield, 30, will agree terms and pass a medical in talks before the weekend.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Sheffield-United-plan-swoop-for-Crystal-Palace-star-Danny-Butterfield-article489553.html

Excowboy
24-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Those Mirror articles remind me of the news items in Football Manager that report I'm determined to buy a player I've never even looked at.

GDP
24-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I hope he stays, he could possibly do a job for us in midfield this season.

Basingstoke Eagle
24-06-2010, 11:25 AM
If this is true Danny doesnt know about it.

Palestinian
24-06-2010, 12:04 PM

Good post

rainbow_child
24-06-2010, 12:20 PM
It's very sad seeing so many good servants to our club departing on frees to our rivals.

Crunchie
24-06-2010, 12:36 PM
If wages are an issue, then he goes with our blessing, as he has been such a great servant to the club.

If he didn't have that injury in 2004, he'd would have been even better. Best right back in the league in a playoff season without a doubt.

If he wants to stay on reduced wages, we would be stupid to let him go, however if he wants a last big pay day, from clubs likely to go to administration sometime in the future, when they don't get to the promised land, then good luck to him.

cpfcfan1
24-06-2010, 12:41 PM
If wages are an issue, then he goes with our blessing, as he has been such a great servant to the club.

If he didn't have that injury in 2004, he'd would have been even better. Best right back in the league in a playoff season without a doubt.

If he wants to stay on reduced wages, we would be stupid to let him go, however if he wants a last big pay day, from clubs likely to go to administration sometime in the future, when they don't get to the promised land, then good luck to him.

Agree with this, no point in having a wage structure if we are going to blow it, one of my favourite players though, will miss him if he does go

Shipp Ahoy!
24-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't see Sheff United going into admin anytime soon, they are receiving £4million a season from Wham at the mo, they have hardly broke the bank in terms of signings so far, not to mention just rid of Kenny who must have been on damn good wages + over a £1million.

GodstoneEagle
24-06-2010, 01:18 PM
It is very sad seeing so many good servants to our club departing on frees to our rivals.
:confused: :confused:

unsubstantiated rumour. nothing more.

LeeH
24-06-2010, 07:08 PM

Shhh - don't say anything political, I'm sure David Cameron will be along later to snap up your ideas if you do, once Burley has told him about this thread....

jobiinthelastmi
24-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Sheff Utd will not sign Danny Butterfield.

If anything he would be going to a smaller club, maybe even league one.

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
24-06-2010, 09:09 PM
course we are - its a virtual pub innit?
To us theyre worth shitloads but burley wont care. He has a point but yer it is a virtul pub. Sooo on with the banter!!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-06-2010, 12:08 AM

If Kolinkins gets involved with team selection then I'm definitely gonna start getting angry

LeeH
30-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Been released.

http://www.sportcroydon.co.uk/footballnews/Exclusive-Butterfield-Lawrence-allowed-leave-Crystal-Palace/article-2363947-detail/article.html

ALACE stalwarts Danny Butterfield and Matt Lawrence have both been released by Crystal Palace.

The experienced duo's contracts officially expire tomorrow and manager George Burley has confirmed to the Advertiser that the pair will not be returning when the rest of the squad start pre-season.

Burley said: "I spoke with the boy Butterfield but he had already had an offer from another club and I felt we couldn't match that.

"Matt Lawrence has also been allowed to leave. Neither will be coming into training tomorrow."

Striker Stern John's contract also ends tomorrow, but as yet he hasn't been spoken to by the manager.

"I tried to get hold of Stern but he is currently out of the country," added Burley.

Young trio Calvin Andrew, Kieron Cadogan and Kieran Djilali have been offered new deals and are expected to put pen to paper in the next few days.

*For the full story and all the latest Palace news

Owngoal
30-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Sad to see Butters 'linked' with Lawrence on this - always a fav but has been prone to injury and live Danny granville has never been as good as his best because of injury. Best hatrick ever seen, great laugh amongst the players but this contract will be a crucial one for Butters, he leaves with a lot of 'man luv' and will be warmly received - please not QPR!!!!

the kooch
30-06-2010, 02:59 PM
:sob:

Gooders
30-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh well, good luck Danny - it's been a blast mate. :p

foxinthebox
30-06-2010, 03:04 PM
thanks

spt1978
30-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Good luck to them, hope they find clubs elsewhere.

Glad to see the wage bill reduced though.

ugly and fat
30-06-2010, 03:05 PM

makes you look a little SILLY doesnt it????

deftones_eagle
30-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Danny, one of the nicest blokes in and around Palace I've met.

ThisIsDoM
30-06-2010, 03:08 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I was going to get Danny on the back of my shirt this season. That's another striker we've lost :D

Chris Leitch
30-06-2010, 03:08 PM
A legend but I think I agree with Burley.

Must have been so hard for Dougie to be part of the management team who decides to keep him or not considering they are most likely very good mates (I have no idea if they are or not but I expect they probably are). But I suppose thats all part of the game.

ps - does this now make Speroni the clubs longest serving player? (not counting the youth players like Scannell)

GreatGonzo
30-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Danny might have said match this and i am staying, Burley said, no i cant and on he moves.

cpfc86
30-06-2010, 03:10 PM

I wouldn't say he looked silly at all. They way his message is worded it sounds like it came from Butterfield, i.e. Butterfield wanted to stay, but Burley does not/can not meet the same demands as the other offers.

A great servant to the club, and personally giving me one of my greatest moments at Selhurst with that 6 minutes. :lux: :lux: :lux:

Sick Bucket
30-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I wish them both good luck, tough but I think it´s probably the right decision, DB will surely be missed around the place though

adrenalin john
30-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Sounds to me that Burley wanted to keep Danny B, but was not prepared to match a crazy offer from elsewhere. Fair enough on all parts.

Good luck Danny hope you have secured a great contract.

It sounds like Lawrence was simply unwanted, hopefully he will get a player coaching role at league one/two level

Ruskin Old Boy
30-06-2010, 03:29 PM
ps - does this now make Speroni the clubs longest serving player? (not counting the youth players like Scannell)

Julian has most first team appearances, no surprises there - but 2nd highest? Yes, it's Sean Scannell

Gooders
30-06-2010, 03:29 PM
A new broom sweeps clean.

One way or another it looks as though we're going to have a very different team at the start of next season.

Given that we are all anticipating a significant change in playing style, I can't help thinking that this is a good thing.

And I like the fact that the last thing this team did before being broken up was to fight and fight to keep this club up at the end of last season.

Seaside Eagle
30-06-2010, 03:38 PM
A new broom sweeps clean.

One way or another it looks as though we're going to have a very different team at the start of next season.

Given that we are all anticipating a significant change in playing style, I can't help thinking that this is a good thing.

And I like the fact that the last thing this team did before being broken up was to fight and fight to keep this club up at the end of last season.

I feel a little sad though, that we've already lost/are set to lose about half of that team.

Still; if we can replace tired legs with new, younger and better players, I'm all for it. I just hope the spirit around the club is still as good as before.

markholmes1991
30-06-2010, 03:42 PM
A legend

wouldn't go that far. Legend is used far too frequently.
A good player, & many happy memories off Danny B's time at SE25, most notably the goal against Sunderland in the play-offs in 2004'.
All the best for the rest off your career, you'll no doubt raise a smile with your "new teamates" on a training ground very soon.

NateEagle
30-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all the blood and sweat guys, both of you deserve our gratitude.

But lets not get too down, despite what is being said, we still have alot of the squad that kept us up last year,

Speroni
Paddy
Clyne
Davis
Ambrose
Danns
N'Diaye
Scannell
Andrew
Lee

Lets have faith and know that Burley knows what he's doing.

Basingstoke Eagle
30-06-2010, 04:06 PM
makes you look a little SILLY doesnt it????Dont see how,i said he intends to but obviously he didnt get the right offer.

ugly and fat
30-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Dont see how,i said he intends to but obviously he didnt get the right offer.

even though he had (at the time) spoken to other clubs?

Basingstoke Eagle
30-06-2010, 04:40 PM
even though he had (at the time) spoken to other clubs?
I know of one,but no more than that.My info comes from a family member who talks to my son so im not going to claim anything other than what i originally posted.

CP Satellite
30-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Bit of a shame to see two of the heroes of that final game against Sheff Wednesday go - Danny will always be fondly remembered, particularly for his great displays in the 2003/04 season - plenty of great memories and of course, that hat-trick versus Wolves in the Cup is a once in a lifetime moment that will always live in Palace folklore.

I hope both Danny and Matt settle in somewhere new - and wish them both good luck.

jobiinthelastmi
30-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Bit of a shame to see two of the heroes of that final game against Sheff Wednesday go - Danny will always be fondly remembered, particularly for his great displays in the 2003/04 season - plenty of great memories and of course, that hat-trick versus Wolves in the Cup is a once in a lifetime moment that will always live in Palace folklore.

I hope both Danny and Matt settle in somewhere new - and wish them both good luck.

Short memory

Butterfield cost us a goal on the last day against Sheff Wed

Thanks for your efforts Danny but it's time to move on :hi:

adrenalin john
30-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I would have liked Danny B to stay and get a testimonial, however if we offered him 4k a week (and I hope we didn't offer him more) and he has been offered 7+ elsewhere then good luck to him.

Have loads of good memories, he was superb in the promotion winning season and what a hat trick this year in the Cup.

A good servant who even helped relegate Charlton, I hope he gets a rousing reception if he ever returns to Selhurst Park

cranesparkeagle
30-06-2010, 09:34 PM
would be ironic if he left now as he has always been a defender who was happy to get the ball down and pass it. Can see Speroni throwing the ball to our fullbacks more next season

Tony
30-06-2010, 09:39 PM
A great servant to the Palace. Good luck wherever you go Danny B.

Lion
30-06-2010, 09:40 PM
With Derry going, I imagined that Danny would end up leaving too, which is a real shame and I'm gutted.

After AJ, he is one of my favourite Palace players in recent years. A wonderfully nice chap too.

I remember seeing him in the cab office outside the ground after the Cardiff game with Derry and it was one of my favourite Palace moments outside of a game! Excellent celebration.

If he really is gone then I wish him all the best for the future (apart from against us).

:(

salad fan club
30-06-2010, 09:56 PM
good luck danny b and thank you

Basingstoke Eagle
16-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Danny is in Switzerland having talks with a club.

jempie
16-07-2010, 05:22 PM
sauce?

postman plod
16-07-2010, 05:31 PM
sauce?

Daddies.:D

Neillo's Son
16-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Which one?

deftones_eagle
16-07-2010, 05:48 PM
was never offered a contract at Palace. shame really.

andy m
16-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I've got a bit of the Aki's about this one. One of my favourite players, but equally one I don't want to have bad memories of. Ever present until injury, a 6 minute perfect hat trick and a good servant will be how I remember Butterfield. Happy with that.

ChristalPalace
16-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I've got a bit of the Aki's about this one. One of my favourite players, but equally one I don't want to have bad memories of. Ever present until injury, a 6 minute perfect hat trick and a good servant will be how I remember Butterfield. Happy with that.

And he helped relegate Charlton.

Slough Eagle
16-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I remember the last time we got promoted alot of peeps player of the season was AJ, but everytime DB had the ball he made something happen that season.
All the best DB :p

Who Cares?
16-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Apparently has joined Southampton.

Seaside Eagle
16-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Butts and Fonté? Nice defence they'll have this year.

cpfc86
16-07-2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2094511,00.html

One year deal. Looks confused in the photo as to what's happening! :D

All the best DB.

LuckyJ
16-07-2010, 11:44 PM
goes down as a legend in my eyes....
with or without that special night in the FA Cup.

SIR
17-07-2010, 12:20 AM
one of the 2010 legends

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Good for him :p

cardiffeagle
17-07-2010, 12:26 AM
And let's have another reminder of that amazing hat-trick courtesy of Palace Radio's Eammon Marren and Darryl Murdoch.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1442785/OMGBUTTERFIELDISAGOD%28Wolves_Highlights%29.mp3

Thanks for the memories Danny, good luck mate.

Hedgehog
17-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Apparently has joined Southampton.
Good news for him.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2010, 06:16 AM
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2094511,00.html

One year deal. Looks confused in the photo as to what's happening! :D

All the best DB.

Judging by the roofs in the backdrop, he'd just arrived in Switzerland, were Southampton are doing a pre-season tour.

cockles
17-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Good move for him, am pleased for him.

Mong!
17-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Great move for him.

cpfcben
17-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Although they have just signed a right back for cash (Richardson). It makes the move slightly odd.

Good luck Danny. I hope you get a game.

Will S
17-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Much as I like what GB has done so far, it still seems weird to me that we're scrabbling about trying to boost our squad up, but still released Danny B...

Abjekt
17-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Think he'll do a grand job there, good signing for them.

gold76
17-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Stalwart pro, an intelligent signing by Pardew, Danny B will bring experience & nous to the squad. They'll do very well this year methinks.

gongle
17-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Southampton are playing Sutton Utd at Gander Green Lane next Sat. Might pop along to see DB play.

Crunchie
17-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Much as I like what GB has done so far, it still seems weird to me that we're scrabbling about trying to boost our squad up, but still released Danny B...

These are my thoughts too.

If he accepts a one year deal, then maybe we could?

I'm sure though Soton can give higher wages than we are prepared too.

the digger
17-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Good knowledge.

Timbo
17-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Southampton are playing Sutton Utd at Gander Green Lane next Sat. Might pop along to see DB play.
....and Fonte I guess?

I will try and make it there with my son, we on holiday just up the road

rhynoeagle
17-07-2010, 09:24 AM
He has deserved a move like that. Good work DB.

Niel Smillie
17-07-2010, 10:00 AM
My thoughts exactly.
We have lost 9 players from last years championship team and at least six who played in the last game.
We are three weeks from the start of the season and signed three players.
One of which is known to be championship standard, one who has played most of his career in the fourth division and one from Scotland that we will have to wait and see if he can play at this level. His highly rated team mate Steve Thompson had two goes in England and never really hit it off down here.

mattsaintsfan
17-07-2010, 11:27 AM
A quick note to Palace fans going to see Fonté and Butterfield in friendlies: it is very likely that playing Sutton Utd it will be a youth team with those two not even in the stadium. If it says 'Saints XI' then it's probably the youth team.

Good luck next season!

Ruskin Old Boy
17-07-2010, 08:17 PM
These are my thoughts too.

If he accepts a one year deal, then maybe we could?

I'm sure though Soton can give higher wages than we are prepared too.

Higher wages than we could afford.

New LP
17-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Pleased that he got such a good move, it was probably time for us ti replace him, but in League One with Saints he has a great chance of promotion.

ChristalPalace
18-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Although they have just signed a right back for cash (Richardson). It makes the move slightly odd.

Good luck Danny. I hope you get a game.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2095082,00.html

Richardson out injured for three months.

Sir.S.C Remembered
18-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Good luck Danny.

laggin
19-07-2010, 03:25 AM

My apologies!
why were you in an internet cafe in faliraki!

glaziers fan
07-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Banged in an incredible hat-trick for us. We are struggling to attract a winger/striker and with McCormack and Baxter looking less and less likely it looks like we're switching our attention to cheaper defenders (see McGivern thread).

We have a good record of getting defenders 'over the line' (see Ramage, Ward, Martin for this season's evidence), and can't afford genuine attackers. Might this be a good option? Any other defenders out there who can play as an auxillary attacker?

EDIT: Plus he can play right midfield. I almost forgot that! So he's flexible like all modern footballers should be according to the BBS. Fits the bill surely?

may9132
07-08-2012, 01:08 PM
i would like him back as cover for Ward, however if Dougie rates Marrow/Wright then its a no go

StudentEagle
07-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Is this what passes for satire in your world?

kolinkins
07-08-2012, 01:12 PM

PauLo
07-08-2012, 01:29 PM
This place needs an unimpressed smiley. Something like :|

Psychokiller
07-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Let the past rest in peace.

Il Padrino
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
This place needs an unimpressed smiley. Something like :|

I prefer this...

http://i.imgur.com/Z9djM.jpg

old geezer
07-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Banged in an incredible hat-trick for us. We are struggling to attract a winger/striker and with McCormack and Baxter looking less and less likely it looks like we're switching our attention to cheaper defenders (see McGivern thread).

We have a good record of getting defenders 'over the line' (see Ramage, Ward, Martin for this season's evidence), and can't afford genuine attackers. Might this be a good option? Any other defenders out there who can play as an auxillary attacker?

EDIT: Plus he can play right midfield. I almost forgot that! So he's flexible like all modern footballers should be according to the BBS. Fits the bill surely?

You are a weirdo.

jordanismygod
07-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Grow up

Arron
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Today's pointless thread is brought to you by Glaziers Fan.

CPFC_DAVE77
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM

A lot of people have called you mental in the past and I have thought it was harsh.

But that is mental.

AmericanEAGLE.
07-08-2012, 01:44 PM

You are unbelievably boring.

Steve RJS
07-08-2012, 01:46 PM

What a brilliant idea. Can't believe nobody has mentioned this before.

Can we get you over the line ? ( A line of rope that is)

Gathers54
07-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Yawn.....

glaziers fan
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Is this what passes for satire in your world?

No, this is like one of those reality tv programmes: Only at Selhurst Park.

orp pisshead1
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I prefer this...

:D

Malarkey
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM

glaziers fan
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
What a brilliant idea. Can't believe nobody has mentioned this before.

Can we get you over the line ? ( A line of rope that is)

Probably not, I'm the equivalent of an attacking target for Crystal Palace: slippery to get hold of.

I can't believe there's not more support for this idea. Normally the BBS is keen to get back an ex-Palace player. Danny Butterfield was weak defensively, but he is great going forward - just what we need.

eagle101
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7rg1vOWFH1ran25xo1_250.gif

DaveTuttles
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Wilf Zaha. Taking us back to the Premiership.

hilairehair
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM

It's hardly the only one...

cockles
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
This suggestion is equally as ridiculous as Sky Sports saying that we're in for McGiven again.

Jasper
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Yawn. More attention seeking.

Billyd
07-08-2012, 06:36 PM
To be fair hes ten times better than Wright (current RB back up?) and can play a number of positions. Have seen ALOT worse suggestions on the bbs.

That said Ramage has signed - so no.

Stavros 69
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I reckon you could turn him into a pretty decent holding MF.

Jay_eagle
07-08-2012, 08:00 PM
More living in the past, no thanks.

FraserH
07-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Same old people suggesting we resign the same old players. We have moved on, so have these players so why the **** can't you?!?

red,blue,glad
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM

Along with tomorrow's, the next day's and so on and so forth.

Jason
07-08-2012, 09:08 PM

You're as enthusiastic to see Palace succeed as anyone on here, and for that reason I don't like some of the stick you get on here. But you really do yourself no favours at times!.

laggin
07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
GF does more often than not come up with barmy suggestions, formations and ideas. however i am with him on this one. good player, great loyal servant to the club, surplus to requirements at soton now and they owe us a favour. would certainly improve the squad. there is not a lot of service to the lone striker in the team and danny butts is a fine crosser of the ball

Ron Dogers
08-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Obviously a non starter as we have shedloads of fullbacks including one promised a starting place at RB

But I would love us to have in total for the season the quality crosses he sent into the Reading box in one game!!!

Looked solid at defending to!

Maiden Eagle
08-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Shoot me down in flames as well, but I don't think it's a bad idea either.
I actually said to my Son, when Clyne went to Soton 'why don't we get Danny back in exchange?'
Always looked good for Soton, when I saw them on TV, last season.
To me, certainly a better alternative than Ramage, at least in the short term

Clapham Grand
08-08-2012, 08:07 AM
How has GF still got positive rep??

Fatboy
08-08-2012, 08:22 AM
I prefer this...

But he's no good on crosses..... (coat please)

jordanismygod
08-08-2012, 08:26 AM

I think we all feel sorry for him.

JAS78
08-08-2012, 08:31 AM
For goodness sake so many serious responses. GF is clearly taking the pi$$

Does it need explaining, smell the irony

glaziers fan
08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
For goodness sake so many serious responses. GF is clearly taking the pi$$

Does it need explaining, smell the irony

;)

red&blue_moomin
08-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah I'd have Danny back. Then my avatar has some current meaning again :D !!

kolinkins
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM

Pity?

Or that people have him on ignore so don't see his posts to rep him?

ChaceTheAce
08-08-2012, 11:33 AM
I know this is partly serious but i'm kinda getting bored at looking at old players. Just a thought.

wedgetail
08-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Because most of us are laughing to much to be able to hit the right button.

Dave
28-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Please, no

ZOHAR
28-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Butterfield to return?

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=44453&headline=Palace

gold76
28-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Handy old stalwart, popular too, but I think its SLP mischief.

We'll get Eardley.

palacedeano
28-12-2012, 11:02 AM
i know for a fact that DB wants to come back to Palace. If there is any truth in this from our side then it's on

in his words "i'd walk back to palace with my family on my back"

Pint of Speroni
28-12-2012, 11:06 AM
i know for a fact that DB wants to come back to Palace. If there is any truth in this from our side then it's on

in his words "i'd walk back to palace with my family on my back"
Wouldn't surprise me if he does want to come back.

Let's not forget he was part of the Southampton squad that went up last season, and he would only come here as a backup.

Still think there are better more long term right backs to go after though.

Pub Idol
28-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Short term loan would be a no brainer IMO.

milky87
28-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Please, no

Danny Butterfield is one of the best right backs we have had in recent history. He was superb at Saints last season and would be a great signing for us.

He has got one of the best crosses I have ever seen from a Palace player, can you imaging Danny whipping in the balls for Murray

Braders
28-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I remember Butterfield playing very well against us last season, he was putting some dangerous balls in the box for Lambert and would obviously provide more quality for Murray to get on the end of.

Would like to see this happen.

Oli28
28-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Would absolutely love Butterfield back. Proved last season that he can still be very useful at this level. Has experienced promotion from this division twice. Would definitely be good for us.

The Gerry Queen
28-12-2012, 11:27 AM
He could make his debut at home to Wolves and score another hat trick :)

Duffle Coat
28-12-2012, 11:35 AM
He could make his debut at home to Wolves and score another hat trick :)
Now, there's a thought. Even the name Butterfield on the teamsheet might psychologically upset the Doghead fans, if not the players or manager, not many of whom were there that night.

spunky
28-12-2012, 11:42 AM
wouldnt object to this one little bit, would be great back up / cover for ward

CrystalOrient
28-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Brilliant back-up for Wilf... ;)

NathanCPFCD
28-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes please. Been saying we need a backup for Murray for ages :)

Dave
28-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Danny Butterfield is one of the best right backs we have had in recent history. He was superb at Saints last season and would be a great signing for us.

He has got one of the best crosses I have ever seen from a Palace player, can you imaging Danny whipping in the balls for Murray

History is where he should stay.

Malarkey
28-12-2012, 12:24 PM
YES

BBK
28-12-2012, 12:27 PM
History is where he should stay.
If it was up to people on the BBS we'd have Shaun Derry and Andy Johnson as well.

hull eagle
28-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Would defo go for Butterfield again

HARRY MONK
28-12-2012, 12:36 PM
solid player

Sceagle
28-12-2012, 12:40 PM
He played well last season, so can't be too bad... Hilarious bloke too.

The Gerry Queen
28-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Would defo go for Butterfield again

Spot on hull eagle... as usual :p Butts would be good for the dressing room too as well as being a veteran of the 2004 promotion winning team. His crossess would be taylor made for Murray, as they were for Lambert last season. He would provide a lot of savvy as well.... however I'm still trying to forget his Hillsborough 'air kick' as well :eek:

Latvian Eagle
28-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Would do a job until Ward and Blake are fit again.

milky87
28-12-2012, 01:50 PM
If it was up to people on the BBS we'd have Shaun Derry and Andy Johnson as well.

Why would that be bad.

Derry, AJ and Butterfield added to our current squad would be an improvement

Malarkey
28-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Why do people not want him just because he's played for us before?

prizesucker
28-12-2012, 01:59 PM
For the love of God.....NO!

Popester
28-12-2012, 02:01 PM
My brother-in-law is a ST holder at Southampton. He said Butterfield was great in League 2 but second choice in the Championship due to a lack of pace.

Head says avoid, even if heart disagrees.

thehalifaxman
28-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Brilliant. Only a year or so off a testimonial match Vs Grimsby

Bring him back! MUCH MUCH better than Moxey or Parr playing RB out of position! Bit of experience to.

IAN WALSH
28-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Brilliant. Only a year or so off a testimonial match Vs Grimsby

Bring him back! MUCH MUCH better than Moxey or Parr playing RB out of position! Bit of experience to.
parr has been superb

thehalifaxman
28-12-2012, 02:17 PM
parr has been superb
At left back yes. Fantastic, I want to see him stay there though, playing Moxey away from home is very risky as he's not as strong defensively.

maestro
28-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Not for me, his best days are long behind him.

Sp1Eagle
28-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Why do people not want him just because he's played for us before?

If he hadn't played for Palace before people wouldn't want him.

thehalifaxman
28-12-2012, 02:30 PM
If he hadn't played for Palace before people wouldn't want him.
Interesting, I suppose it wouldn't even really be a story if he hadn't played for us before. Would be just another name that has been mentioned and didn't stand out, like the other players they are looking at.

Are we looking at short term loan here while Ward and Blake are out? If so I'm in favour of getting a few more bodies in, we're weak in that department atm. Its good that he knows the club well so less settling in time. Would depend on the fee if we should sign him, and tough decision to give him a decent length contract

Shipp Ahoy!
28-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Definitely a yes for me, on a short term loan a no brainer!

Popester
28-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Definitely a yes for me, on a short term loan a no brainer!

Even if he has lost his pace?

What if his recruitment stifles the development of a youth player and/or subsequently means we miss out on another signing for budgetary reasons?

milky87
28-12-2012, 03:23 PM

What if his recruitment stifles the development of a youth player and/or subsequently means we miss out on another signing for budgetary reasons?

What if Holloway sees him as the best option?

SmithyEagle
28-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I personally would love to have him back.

Ollie Ox
28-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I loved him in his hay day but he was never the quickest and if he has lost any pace whatsoever he would be a liability.

Mark_cpfc
28-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd love to see Danny back if only on a short term deal.

He was one of the best crossers of the ball i've seen in a long time, Murray could have a field day with that sort of service.

Shipp Ahoy!
28-12-2012, 05:25 PM

Hence short term.

If he doesn't add to the side be goes back, while we are losing Ward and Blake (the latter I don't think would be as good as Butterfield)

If there was someone from the youth setup ready to step up I would think he would have played instead of Parr out of position, it would have already happened.

Woosie
28-12-2012, 05:31 PM

We don't have any young RBs who are ready to make the step up yet. Akuruka is the only one anywhere near old enough, but I don't think he will be good enough. So no need to worry about the first bit.

Sceagle
28-12-2012, 05:33 PM
We don't have any young RBs who are ready to make the step up yet. Akuruka is the only one anywhere near old enough, but I don't think he will be good enough. So no need to worry about the first bit.
Wynter is travelling with the first team. Doesn't he play right-back?

Woosie
28-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Wynter is travelling with the first team. Doesn't he play right-back?

Yes & no. It's not his natural position. Also, I didn't really think of him because again, I just can't see him making it a few years on from his debut (albeit because we were in the shit financially, even then) & from when I've seen him he hasn't seemed comfortable enough in any position because he keeps chopping & changing. Will be more than happy to be proven wrong, but he's never pulled up any trees.

Sceagle
28-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes & no. It's not his natural position. Also, I didn't really think of him because again, I just can't see him making it a few years on from his debut (albeit because we were in the shit financially, even then) & from when I've seen him he hasn't seemed comfortable enough in any position because he keeps chopping & changing. Will be more than happy to be proven wrong, but he's never pulled up any trees.
Ah okay. Cheers for the info.

Nigelbrag
28-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I have always been a big fan of Danny Butterfield and was very disappointed when he left. But hey, we now have to move on and bring in a player who can improve us as i am unsure Ward is our RB answer, and can establish and push for a permanent position in the team. Who would i like to see come in, either Adam Smith or Neal Eardley.

Woosie
28-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I have always been a big fan of Danny Butterfield and was very disappointed when he left. But hey, we now have to move on and bring in a player who can improve us as i am unsure Ward is our RB answer, and can establish and push for a permanent position in the team. Who would i like to see come in, either Adam Smith or Neal Eardley.

Why don't you think Ward is the answer at RB? Personally think he's showing the class that made him wanted by the majority of championship clubs & held in high regard at Pompey. One or two poor games, but he was starting to get into his stride of late, imo.

Latvian Eagle
28-12-2012, 06:11 PM

It's a shame as he was touted as an up and coming talent when playin CM constantly. But being switched between there, CB and now RB has really hampered his progress. Similar to Inniss I think? Stand out at CB but seems to have stalled by constant position changes?

Woosie
28-12-2012, 06:32 PM
It's a shame as he was touted as an up and coming talent when playin CM constantly. But being switched between there, CB and now RB has really hampered his progress. Similar to Inniss I think? Stand out at CB but seems to have stalled by constant position changes?

I might be misunderstanding your point about Inniss but he's not been changed position a lot, he's always been a CB (well, at least since I've been watching him.) If you mean that Inniss was standing out but is now stalling then you'd be right, but that's not because of positional changes.

Probably a bit harsh of me to write off Wynter right now, & I really don't mean to come across as slagging off an academy player, hopefully I'm not. Positional changes can really hamper a player's development, as one BBSer is finding out atm.

Latvian Eagle
28-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I might be misunderstanding your point about Inniss but he's not been changed position a lot, he's always been a CB (well, at least since I've been watching him.) If you mean that Inniss was standing out but is now stalling then you'd be right, but that's not because of positional changes.

Probably a bit harsh of me to write off Wynter right now, & I really don't mean to come across as slagging off an academy player, hopefully I'm not. Positional changes can really hamper a player's development, as one BBSer is finding out atm.

I may be wrong but I thought I'd seen a few times that he was being swapped between CB and DMC?

Latvian Eagle
28-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Positional changes can really hamper a player's development, as one BBSer is finding out atm.

Positional change didn't do Richard Harris any favours. :o

Woosie
28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Positional change didn't do Richard Harris any favours. :o

I don't understand the joke, sorry!

Re: Inniss, Gazza2 is your man to confirm or deny that, but I don't recall him being in Defensive Midfield, would be a strange place to play him tbh. Connor Dymond usually plays defensive midfield now, he was previously a CB/RB. Maybe you're thinking of him?

For the record, I'd be happy with Butterfield as short term cover for Ward. Not the end of the world if we go for someone else though.

Latvian Eagle
28-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Richard Harris was a Striker in our youth team around 1999. Peter Nicholas thought because he ws big and strong he could play Centre Back. He wasn't very good in either position. He played CB in our 7-1 away defeat to Huddersfield in the 99/00 season.

All he was really any good at was launching the ball about 70 yards from throw ins.

Kent-eagle
28-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I'd love to see Danny back if only on a short term deal.

He was one of the best crossers of the ball i've seen in a long time, Murray could have a field day with that sort of service.
Oh yeah of course, cos Bolasie is crap at crossing. Loved him when he was here but bring in Parsons and switch parr, he can handle it. Parsons is pretty quick and tough as old boots.

GreatGonzo
28-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Spot on hull eagle... as usual :p Butts would be good for the dressing room too as well as being a veteran of the 2004 promotion winning team. His crossess would be taylor made for Murray, as they were for Lambert last season. He would provide a lot of savvy as well.... however I'm still trying to forget his Hillsborough 'air kick' as well :eek:

2 assists from his 10 appearances last season. He is 33 now and not getting better, would be a desperate move so the question is..... are we desperate?

917L
28-12-2012, 07:07 PM
2 assists from his 10 appearances last season. He is 33 now and not getting better, would be a desperate move so the question is..... are we desperate?

No

Nigelbrag
28-12-2012, 07:13 PM
The reason i suggested Ward is not our answer "Woosie" is i see him more of a utility player, than a specialist RB which i think we need to give us a better balance and pace on the right side to interlink with our winger. I might we wrong, but i feel the Two players i suggested would give us a better option if we were to get promoted.

imashed
28-12-2012, 07:23 PM
loan deal till we buy or players are fit again.

kabbott
28-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Although we big up, and (probably/possibly) rightly so, our academy, a lot of them don't seem to make that final (big) step up to first-team football. I'd love to see Parsons given a go rather than bringing back a 33 year-old former hero.
As for Innis, I thought he was going to be our new Billy Gilbert/Peter Nicholas. I hope he still will be.
Isn't Dumbaya still available?

st albans
28-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Only concern is only 10 league apperances in a season and a half

sunshine lucas
28-12-2012, 07:50 PM
not sure on this one....
I saw Matt Lawrence in WHSmiths in Brighton yesterday... don't think he should come back either....

Psychokiller
28-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Much as I love Butterfield I'd be very sceptical if he came back. I'd rather remember him for being a hero than a shadow of his former self. And if the crowd started getting on his back I'd probably want to cry.

smudgerseagles
28-12-2012, 08:08 PM
The obsession with former players is frustrating

Neil Danns is the sort of driving midfield force that we need to shake up the pack ;)

Popester
28-12-2012, 08:10 PM
What if Holloway sees him as the best option?

Then, I'm afraid, I would question our scouting network.

I'm 100% supportive of IH, but signing Butts would be a backwards step even if it was short-term.

Interesting to read Woosie's thoughts re youngsters. I'd still rather see if Wynter or Arkuruka can play at this level than see if Butts still has it - which, as I mentioned earlier, my Southampton ST holder friend says he doesn't.

cpfcfan1
28-12-2012, 08:10 PM
good idea if its short term cover

TheCharmer
28-12-2012, 10:25 PM
A step backwards.

Pistol Knight
28-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Not if we got Derry & Hill back as well :(

Oli28
29-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I think he'd be fairly ideal. Very able backup player who has a lot of affection for the club and played a part in the team who were runners up in this division last season. Do we actually have anybody in our squad who's been promoted from this division before? Having a few players with a bit of extra nous would be good to have around the place. Wouldn't cost much either I wouldn't imagine. Decent going forward as well as at the back. He wouldn't be playing too much, just filling in here and there and adding a bit of experience to the side.

Billy Rhino
29-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I think he'd be fairly ideal. Very able backup player who has a lot of affection for the club and played a part in the team who were runners up in this division last season. Do we actually have anybody in our squad who's been promoted from this division before? Having a few players with a bit of extra nous would be good to have around the place. Wouldn't cost much either I wouldn't imagine. Decent going forward as well as at the back. He wouldn't be playing too much, just filling in here and there and adding a bit of experience to the side.
Agree with all of this, especially the bit in bold. A loan deal until the end of the season with a view to a player-coach deal next season maybe? (depending on how long he has left on his contract). Surely cant play any worse than Blake did against Blackpool?

Shipp Ahoy!
29-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Erm 2 assists in 10 from a right back and that is desperate? (a year older or not)

Ward has 1 assist in 18, Parr has 4 in 22 (so 2 in 11).

Get a grip Gonzo. It's hardly a bad record!

doogleboy
29-12-2012, 12:46 PM
NOT JASON BANTON

Pint of Speroni
29-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Then, I'm afraid, I would question our scouting network.

I'm 100% supportive of IH, but signing Butts would be a backwards step even if it was short-term.

Interesting to read Woosie's thoughts re youngsters. I'd still rather see if Wynter or Arkuruka can play at this level than see if Butts still has it - which, as I mentioned earlier, my Southampton ST holder friend says he doesn't.
There is one player who plays at right back who I think Woosie rates quite highly, don't think him joining has been officially announced yet though I do think he has signed a contract from somebody I know that knows him.

Only 17 (18 in a couple of weeks though) but another option.

GreatGonzo
29-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Erm 2 assists in 10 from a right back and that is desperate? (a year older or not)

Ward has 1 assist in 18, Parr has 4 in 22 (so 2 in 11).

Get a grip Gonzo. It's hardly a bad record!

I have a grip thanks. The argument was put that he would be a good option because of his crosses based on what he did last season for Lambert.

I was merely proving that this was not a strong reason to sign him as he played just 10 times getting only 2 assists.

His defensive frailties and diminishing pace have already been discussed. It would IMO be a backward step and a desperate signing.

Aaroncpfc
29-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I loved Danny, but I would much rather prefer Eardley, better for long term.

TC EAGLE
29-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Just got of the phone to a mate who's a saints fan we have same thing in common support teams who can't keep hold of leads, his son is on their academy books, Butterfield is wanted by Swindon and saints looking to offload Seabourne interest from Charlton.

BBK
29-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Can we have Clyne then? Just on loan until the end of the season.

laggin
03-01-2013, 03:23 AM

:p

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-01-2013, 04:11 AM
I couldn't cope with 2 Butterfields so if Jacob arrives I veto Danny

jaspercpfc
28-03-2013, 05:59 PM
teamed up with Dougie at Bolton on loan.

Ralph
28-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Wonder if he'll be their 2nd/3rd choice right back or last resort midfielder?

[p.s. I liked Danny B but surely he's a little past it now].

jobiinthelastmi
28-03-2013, 06:11 PM
We have enough full backs who can't defend

Billy Rhino
29-03-2013, 10:42 AM
We have enough full backs who can't defend

Cant argue with that.:p

JDawg
29-03-2013, 08:05 PM
After todays performance, let's have him back, put him up front and lump it long. At least we'd have a plan B.

Billyd
29-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Would have been nice to have a bit of composure in the middle tonight.