PDA

View Full Version : More Transfer Rumour

randomjack
19-06-2002, 06:17 PM
I heard thru da Grapevine dat Jordan was selling Morrisson, Akinbiyi and Austin to give him enough £££s to buy Bobby Zamora from Brighton. When I first heard this I thought it was absolute crap. But now I know Clinto and Austin are leaving I dont know what to believe. Can anyone confirm or Deny this?

Safe

Random Jack.

PS Whos going to simon rodgers testomonial?? I am definately. got my tickets already.:p

Scoot
19-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Can't see Ade being sold, but if (or When) Clint goes then Bobby Z would be a good replacement.

Pistike
19-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Its true I'm afraid.

An insider at the club (thanks Danni ;) , mums the word) told me that Tommy Black and Julian Gray will also be sold (apparently Walsall and Wigan have both shown interest) to make way for some World Cup stars from Italy, France and Argentina that are now being offered at very attractive rates.

Scoot
19-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Like it Pistike :D

RandomJack .... one question, if you are telling us that it a bullsh*t rumour then why ask if it is true? :confused:

randomjack
19-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Scoot

if you are telling us that it a bullsh*t rumour then why ask if it is true? :confused:

I was telling you what I heard then I was asking if anyone knew anymore about it coz i didn't know whether to believe it or not.

John Smith
19-06-2002, 06:53 PM
It is unusual for a club to sell an injured player for starters, particularly one they have only just signed.

Shame, i reckon we could have got a couple of million for Harrison

Would Zamora really cost the same as the revenue from Morrison and Akinbiyi (and Austin if there were a fee) as implied.

Utter tripe

JJ
19-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by randomjack
But now I know Clinto and Austin are leaving

How do you "know"?

randomjack
19-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Proppy time

Paicey
19-06-2002, 08:57 PM
I dont think Bobby would cost more than the £10M we could get for clint and austin. I dont want Grey going after the stunning preformances he showed last season TF would bemad to sell him....If black DID go...would you miss him that much? He didn't do much last season but I still think he is a good player.....also would anyone else sell hoppy?

Beanie
19-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Zamora won't come to Palace, Akinbiyi won't be sold while he's injured, Clinton won't be sold unless he wants to go (50/50 I'd say) - oh but it is true that Austin is on the transfer list.

37.5% true - not bad!

Jimbo ?
19-06-2002, 10:19 PM
zamora would not come to us while we are in the same Division! - next year??

Ade clint and deano going to get money for a new player
clint is better than zamora

pete eagle
20-06-2002, 12:38 AM
attention: wind-up rumour, i repeat a wind-up

sexyrazor
20-06-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Pistike
Its true I'm afraid.

An insider at the club (thanks Danni ;) , mums the word) told me that Tommy Black and Julian Gray will also be sold (apparently Walsall and Wigan have both shown interest) to make way for some World Cup stars from Italy, France and Argentina that are now being offered at very attractive rates.

Yep all true! ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

c_block_lad
20-06-2002, 12:48 AM
You summed it up stright away "b**lshit rumour" Why o why are these sort of threads still going on? In a minute a certain user, (u know who he is) will be on here saying sj is skint and he's got no money etc.:rolleyes:

Clubby
20-06-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by randomjack

PS Whos going to simon rodgers testomonial?? I am definately. got my tickets already.:p

Like it's really gonna be a sellout !

James
20-06-2002, 01:22 AM
Did someone call?

If anyone came in with a bid for Akinbiyi, Jordan would probably bite their hand off!

The rumour is partly true: all the players are up for sale. Unfortunately the proceeds won't be used to buy someone like Zomara.

Now I am going to transfer this thread to the proper Forum!

Wedgy
20-06-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
You summed it up stright away "b**lshit rumour" Why o why are these sort of threads still going on? In a minute a certain user, (u know who he is) will be on here saying sj is skint and he's got no money etc.:rolleyes:

Lighten up mate, I've only been in 3 random threads this evening but in everyone one you've only posted to criticise individuals points of view.
If you think a thread is pointless ..... don't read it.

Free will and all that blah.

*such negativity from someone so young*

James
20-06-2002, 02:04 PM
It is an understandable reaction. When you care very much about something, you donít want to read about anything which might shake your faith. Accordingly, anyone posting news which contradicts the view that everything is wonderful in Palaceís garden is likely to face a hostile reaction from one or two regular posters.

I admit that I do occasionally go a bit far in the opposite direction. My view is that itís better to prepare for the worst. If things turn out as badly as I fear they might, then at least we are prepared. If my gloomy forecasts are wrong (they often are), then everyone will be happy Ė not least those who are able to say ĎI told you so!í.

Seriously, I admire those who do go out on a limb and post their views on what will happen. It wonít be too long before we find out, will it? The Season starts again in a couple of months. Freedman, Morrison and Mullins will either be with us then, or will have been transferred. It isnít as if the arguments and disagreements expressed will never be settled. Many of those who have been most vociferous on this thread ended up with egg on their faces when Bruce resigned Ė the person who started the thread suggesting that Bruce might move to Birmingham came in for some dreadful abuse.

Itís all part of the fun, isnít it?

c_block_lad
20-06-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by James
It is an understandable reaction. When you care very much about something, you donít want to read about anything which might shake your faith. Accordingly, anyone posting news which contradicts the view that everything is wonderful in Palaceís garden is likely to face a hostile reaction from one or two regular posters.

I admit that I do occasionally go a bit far in the opposite direction. My view is that itís better to prepare for the worst. If things turn out as badly as I fear they might, then at least we are prepared. If my gloomy forecasts are wrong (they often are), then everyone will be happy Ė not least those who are able to say ĎI told you so!í.

Seriously, I admire those who do go out on a limb and post their views on what will happen. It wonít be too long before we find out, will it? The Season starts again in a couple of months. Freedman, Morrison and Mullins will either be with us then, or will have been transferred. It isnít as if the arguments and disagreements expressed will never be settled. Many of those who have been most vociferous on this thread ended up with egg on their faces when Bruce resigned Ė the person who started the thread suggesting that Bruce might move to Birmingham came in for some dreadful abuse.

Good Post, :)

Reps AJ
20-06-2002, 02:19 PM
I admit that I do occasionally go a bit far in the opposite direction. My view is that itís better to prepare for the worst.

No, no, no. Blind optimism is the only way to live life!

917L
20-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by John Smith

Shame, i reckon we could have got a couple of million for Harrison
Utter tripe

That's LIRE I assume?

;)

pete eagle
20-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 917L

That's LIRE I assume?

;)

i thought he was talking in Turkish lire

Neckinger Eagle
21-06-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Paicey
I dont think Bobby would cost more than the £10M we could get for clint and austin.

So are you saying that Austin is worth between £5m to £7m? :)

AJ
21-06-2002, 10:02 PM
I doubt we could even give Austin away:eek:

22-06-2002, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Clubby

Like it's really gonna be a sellout ! [/QUOTE

So as a genuine Palace supporter, do you really want Simon's Testimonial to be a flop, and Eagles' fans to be outnumbered by 'Spurs on the day? What kind of message does this give out to Palace players? Assume you will be expecting them to put all their heart and soul into fighting to get us back into the Premiership next season? The trouble is with the kind of cynicism you appear to be displaying, you are hardly encouraging the kind of united enthusiasm between our players and supporters we will need to achieve that aim. Why not try getting behind our players 100%, ensuring that one of their fellow-professionals, now moving on, receives a decent testimonial? What personal harm has Jolly done to you precisely?

c_block_lad
22-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Rodger has done a lot for Palace, the least we can do is pay £10 and say thanks to him.

Celestial Empire
23-06-2002, 07:19 PM

As usual, all sounds very reasonable James ...... except that you are always posting your hunches and rumours as (insider) fact, and using your profession as a kind of guarantee - since we're all supposed to trust lawyers.
:rolleyes:
You have a well-developed habit of being economical with the truth.

Latvian
25-06-2002, 02:58 PM
We've all got to show for Jolly, he's right we prob wont fill the ground, we never f**king do but lets get as close to capacity as possible hey?

How often do you find someone stick at a club for that long nowadays. He took a lot of sh!t and stuck it out, so lets reward his dedication!!!

bald-eagle
25-06-2002, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by James
Ė the person who started the thread suggesting that Bruce might move to Birmingham came in for some dreadful abuse.

As I remember, it started a big debate about posting rumours without a reasonable source rather than posting rumours per se. I said, in that same debate, that Francis would come to palace, admittedly tongue in cheek, but recieved no abuse at all:eek: :eek: :eek:

PS. I'm still trying to get those egg stains from my face:hmph:

c_block_lad
25-06-2002, 03:38 PM
BRUCE IS A C**T!:veryangry

Thin on Top
25-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Rodger has done a lot for Palace, the least we can do is pay £10 and say thanks to him.

Travelling up from Hull, taking two days off, and don't want a medal.

It's such a shame he hasn't lived up to when he first came into the side.

Simon Rodgers left foot was once destined for greatness.