PDA

View Full Version : Theo Robinson available in january...

essex_eagle89
30-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Supposidly we are keeping tabs... wouldn't be a bad player to get off the bench for last 20 if we needed an impact player

Kirby
30-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Could do worse.

Scored 7 in 17 league games for an average Derby side this season. Has bags of pace.

Would certainly give us another option upfront.

alex_palace
30-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Where's this story from?

Malarkey
30-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes please

GreatGonzo
30-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Millwall.

AJ8
30-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Snap up. Now.

Arron
30-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Derby fans rate him, if we do snap him up it'll piss them off more than when we got Moxey on the cheap.

GreatGonzo
30-11-2012, 01:33 PM
What happened at Millwall?

carter
30-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Didn't he leave Millwall because he couldn't settle in South London. Could do much better

cpfcben
30-11-2012, 01:38 PM
No thanks. Average at this level!

HARRY MONK
30-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Didn't he leave Millwall because he couldn't settle in South London. Could do much better
yes

Sceagle
30-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Could do better, could do worse.

essex_eagle89
30-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Could do better, could do worse.

agree with this... you want someone who can do a job when Murray is injured, but also one that appreciates he could be on the bench for a period of time.

I don't think you will get a decent striker who is happy to play second fiddle to Murray. We need a better alternative to Easter and Wilbraham, although I cannot say I have seen Wilbraham play a full 90mins for anyone let alone Palace to comment whether he is good enough

Aaroncpfc
30-11-2012, 05:57 PM
He has pace and can play out wide. Sounds like a good squad player to me.

carter
30-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Why has he become available? I see on the world of Twitter earlier that Stoke, QPR and 2 other Prem teams was interested.

BBK
30-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Could do better? Forgot we had Darren Bent wanting a place in our squad. Premier League clubs apparently want him but we 'could do much better'. :rolleyes:

RamsChat ‏@Rams_Chat
Theo Robinson is set to be called up to the Jamaica squad. Aston Villa,Sunderland,QPR, Wigan,Crystal Palace and Wolves are interested in him

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8295243/Derby-County-s-Theo-Robinson-set-to-be-called-up-by-Jamaica

carter
30-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Could do better? Forgot we had Darren Bent wanting a place in our squad. Premier League clubs apparently want him but we 'could do much better'. :rolleyes:

RamsChat ‏@Rams_Chat
Theo Robinson is set to be called up to the Jamaica squad. Aston Villa,Sunderland,QPR, Wigan,Crystal Palace and Wolves are interested in him

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8295243/Derby-County-s-Theo-Robinson-set-to-be-called-up-by-Jamaica
Hang on, when did I mention Darren Bent? When I've seen Robinson he has looked like a poor James Vaughan, running around like a headless chicken. So yeah, I do think we could do better.

Neillo's Son
30-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Hang on, when did I mention Darren Bent? When I've seen Robinson he has looked like a poor James Vaughan, running around like a headless chicken. So yeah, I do think we could do better.

Is he better than Easter though, that is something we desperately need and I think Theo most definitely is.

So here's to you, Theo Robinson.

carter
30-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Is he better than Easter though, that is something we desperately need and I think Theo most definitely is.

So here's to you, Theo Robinson.
Yeah I agree he is definitely better than Easter. Unfortunately Easter is probably league 1 standard now but who am I to judge!!??

BBK
30-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I was naming a striker that is better far better than Theo Robinson... Sarcasm. Who in your opinion is a realistic target (keeping in mind he'll be second choice and on the bench as we only play 1 striker and Murray is first choice) that is far better than Robinson?

Anyway, he's out of contract in the summer? Signed a 2 year deal when he went to Derby according to Wiki. He's only 23 as well.

sampuds
30-11-2012, 06:39 PM
My uni mate is a Derby fan so I hear a lot about him. If people think Zaha is a poor finisher then you will be even more frustrated with Theo, the guy has quality but my god he is a terrible finisher.

carter
30-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I was naming a striker that is better far better than Theo Robinson... Sarcasm. Who in your opinion is a realistic target (keeping in mind he'll be second choice and on the bench as we only play 1 striker and Murray is first choice) that is far better than Robinson?

Anyway, he's out of contract in the summer? Signed a 2 year deal when he went to Derby according to Wiki. He's only 23 as well.
How am I meant to know who would be a bette choice? Believe it or not I'm not an agent who knows who is available or not. All I'm saying is I think we could so better than Robinson, who to me, IMO is a headless chicken. If he is so good why did he not start against us. Like the poster said above me, his finishing isn't good which is why m saying we can do better. Why would he come to Palace anyway if he didn't like South London

sampuds
30-11-2012, 07:43 PM
How am I meant to know who would be a bette choice? Believe it or not I'm not an agent who knows who is available or not. All I'm saying is I think we could so better than Robinson, who to me, IMO is a headless chicken. If he is so good why did he not start against us. Like the poster said above me, his finishing isn't good which is why m saying we can do better. Why would he come to Palace anyway if he didn't like South London

To be fair, he didn't start against us because Clough likes to play 4-4-1-1 away from home against strong teams and plays Sammon up front on his own to try and keep hold of the ball!

He wouldn't be a bad signing. The only things are like you said, would he come to us if he doesn't like SL? Plus he needs about 5/6 chances before he puts the ball in the net. But he does have that ability to influence the game and thats something I think we miss off the bench with Easter.

Latvian Eagle
30-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I think he's terrible to be honest but that's just me!

BBK
01-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Scored against Leicester.