PDA

View Full Version : End Of Contract Dates ?


Dave
25-06-2002, 05:30 PM
Anyone know when the actual end of contract dates are for the players that are out of contract in the Summer?

30th of June rings a bell for me.

g23
25-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Ja, that's what I thought it was.

OKnotOK
25-06-2002, 07:51 PM
I think it actually varies from player to player but Jovan Kirvoski's is certainly meant to end on June 30th (according to TeamTalk today which was talking about Bruce coming in for him).

What?
25-06-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by OKnotOK
I think it actually varies from player to player but Jovan Kirvoski's is certainly meant to end on June 30th (according to TeamTalk today which was talking about Bruce coming in for him).

WOW, how many times can TT recycle that same story?

jlmatthews
25-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by What?


WOW, how many times can TT recycle that same story?

At least 7 more times I believe :D

pete eagle
26-06-2002, 01:24 AM
30th June and 1st July are the usual dates for contract expiry

Dave
26-06-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by pete eagle
30th June and 1st July are the usual dates for contract expiry

????

Not in Div1

Why have your contracts expire 6 weeks after the season ends? it's my understanding that Palace only started doing 30th July thing with Goldberg/Vegtables.

pete eagle
26-06-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell


????

Not in Div1

Why have your contracts expire 6 weeks after the season ends? it's my understanding that Palace only started doing 30th July thing with Goldberg/Vegtables.

because i thought that generally players sign new contracts when they come back from holiday to pre-season training. Hence around the 30th June - 1st July period.

Beanie
27-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Dave Campbell


????

Not in Div1

Why have your contracts expire 6 weeks after the season ends? it's my understanding that Palace only started doing 30th July thing with Goldberg/Vegtables.

To do with Bosman I think - a standardised end for contracts makes the whole thing a lot easier. Also, I believe that the season officially runs from 1 July to 30 June in Europe, although the exact playing dates obviously vary. Finally, if a player could just walk away the day after the last match, it hardly gives time to think ahead - especially for a team which is promoted or relegated on the last day of the season. The extra bit of time makes sense for everybody.