PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy Kitchen-ready Horsemeat ?

Seagull Eater
16-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Wanna organise a party/BBQ to celebrate winning the lottery.

Considering using bloody horsemeat, cos its in fashion and Cows/Chickens/Pigs etc are so twentieth century.

Serious question : Where in London can i buy some oven-ready horsemeat ?

(100% horse mind, none of that adulterated mad cow or hormone filled battery-hen rubbish, no pigs..... just free-range GM-free organic oatfed equine please )

unsensibleLiam
16-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Tesco

Uncle Ron
16-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Probably best chance is near to Kempton, Sandown or Epsom :p

Del Fenner
16-01-2013, 11:49 PM
From the back of a van just around the corner from Hyde Park Barracks?

Nork1
16-01-2013, 11:52 PM
http://www.keziefoods.co.uk/catalogue/results.aspx?search=horse

TAK
16-01-2013, 11:55 PM
I have to say one of the best steaks I've ever had was been horse meat.

Can't see what the fuss is about.

Seagull Eater
17-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Prawns - all filthy carrion.

brighton_eagle
17-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I have to say one of the best steaks I've ever had was been horse meat.

Can't see what the fuss is about.

I suppose the fuss is about buying something that you thought contained beef, and it turns out to contain horse. And it not being labelled.

Agree, horse meat is quite tasty.

Scroatey
17-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I suppose the fuss is about buying something that you thought contained beef, and it turns out to contain horse. And it not being labelled.The funny thing is people would be more concerned if they realised that the "beef" they usually eat is brains, stomach linings, and testicles. I would stick to the horsemeat if I were you!

Blind_Eagle
17-01-2013, 10:54 AM
The funny thing is people would be more concerned if they realised that the "beef" they usually eat is brains, stomach linings, and testicles. I would stick to the horsemeat if I were you!

I'm not too sure about that. Take a look at the delicious edible horse byproducts (http://www.bhjfood.co.uk/BHJ-UK-Food/Menu-bar/Products/Horse%20by-products.aspx) offered for human consumption by BHJ based in Hull. For a better idea of exactly what your meat looks like click on the horse icon to the right of the product description. Edible horse pizzle looks particularly mouth watering.

HARRY MONK
17-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Nayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy idea !

brighton_eagle
17-01-2013, 11:14 AM
The funny thing is people would be more concerned if they realised that the "beef" they usually eat is brains, stomach linings, and testicles. I would stick to the horsemeat if I were you!

Why? Do you reckon horse brains, stomach linings and testes taste nicer?

Scroatey
17-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Why? Do you reckon horse brains, stomach linings and testes taste nicer?They should do blind taste tests in the Whitgift Centre like they used to with Coke & Pepsi :D

GreatGonzo
17-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I suppose the fuss is about buying something that you thought contained beef, and it turns out to contain horse. And it not being labelled.

Agree, horse meat is quite tasty.

Why do you think Tesco are taking it so serious.

Taste in their burgers - outrageous!

La Bombonera
17-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Serious question : Where in London can i buy some oven-ready horsemeat ?
Nandos? :p

Jerry Murphy's Fringe
17-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm not too sure about that. Take a look at the delicious edible horse byproducts (http://www.bhjfood.co.uk/BHJ-UK-Food/Menu-bar/Products/Horse%20by-products.aspx) offered for human consumption by BHJ based in Hull. For a better idea of exactly what your meat looks like click on the horse icon to the right of the product description. Edible horse pizzle looks particularly mouth watering.

Fascinating link - is there any part of the pig they don't use????

ChaceTheAce
17-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Can't tell if serious or trolling.

James D
17-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Can't tell if serious or trolling.

You'll need to ask the experts. :p

James D
17-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Prawns - all filthy carrion.

Hello mate.
In Mozambique, the locals used to refuse to eat prawns, calling them "Du-du's" which was their slang for an insect. :rolleyes:

Anyway mate, I know you can buy horsemeat online here. The horse burgers are 2.95 for a pack of two. Enjoy!
http://www.exoticmeats.co.uk/horse-meat.html

Blind_Eagle
17-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Fascinating link - is there any part of the pig they don't use????

Tradition has it that the only part of a pig not used is the oink.

Happy Dayz
17-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Try Tesco's meatballs - There the Dog's Bollox

Jim Cannon
17-01-2013, 02:35 PM
As well as Tesco, why not save yourself the trouble of cooking yourself and simply buy hot and ready to eat from street vendors usually found around your nearest football ground or late at night in most town centres?

Budgie Byrne
17-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Used to be able to buy Horse Meat in Brixton Market in the 50's and 60's. I remember my grandmother buying chunks of it and cooking it up for her dog. Was a staple in some areas during the war. Have had Horse meat steaks in France, rather nice.

Maidstoned Eagle
17-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I had horse meat when I lived in France, it was really nice. Dunno what all the fuss is about.